Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 530110 times)

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #705 on: July 26, 2014, 04:40:50 pm »

and tell me that you don't see the irony in Emma Frost crying about the fact that she used to be a "queen" when she was intsrumental in detroying the marriage and life of a Real Queen.......

It's odd that the same Queen who Emma chumped out verbally (in an X-book), still isn't deemed as worthy enough (by Marvel) to find out the truth behind her comrade's role in her marriage ending, and her subjects murdered. Oh wait, Storm's only allowed to avenge black people when they're the victims of other black people. Where they're met with Storm's wrath. She's not allowed to  get revenge against the X-men's biggest diva.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:50:29 pm by Booshman »

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 26, 2014, 05:11:50 pm »
Yeah, more BP vs Storm is just what we needed:

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #707 on: July 26, 2014, 05:12:50 pm »
What REALLY incenses me is to be insulted with an X board person's criticism when their writers  have treated her like a free range piece of ass for decades.

You ain't never lied Princessa.

Ororo has been done down consitently and portrayed as being weak more times than not in the X-books but this all gets overlooked by the same clowns who are now praising Greg Pak for rehashing concepts that Reginald Hudlin already explored with Ororo within the Black Panther book.

I nearly died laughing when I read this.....

Since when did the X-Men become an internationally recognized Nation state let alone an organization capable of negociating with other nations?

But of course on the otherhand we see that the X-men have no problem interfering with the political process within other peoples countries as long as their precious mutant interests are at stake.

As Queen of Wakanda, Ororo actually had all of the political clout and LEGITIMATE UN authority to effect change that her status as a recognized Monarch gave her and this is one of the reasons why Professor Xavier recognized her as being one of the most powerful mutants on the face of the 616 MU not just by virtue of her mutant abilities but by the VERY REAL gravitas that her position as Queen of Wakanda gave her on the international stage.

That was what Reginald Hudlin brough to Ororo's personal mythos by way of REAL character growth and relevance to vast 616 MU that exists beyond the narrow, insular scope of the X-books.

But such nuances are usually lost on forked tongued idiots and their equally stupid blind followers on CBR seeking for links to prove that writers of Jonathan Hickman's pedigree are as twisted as the bigoted hacks currently churning out X-supremacist crap from the X-office.

^^^^That right there delivers the intellectual version of a grown up a RH BP one hitta quitta of a argument.

RESPECT!!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 26, 2014, 05:24:20 pm »
Yeah, more BP vs Storm is just what we needed:

http://youtu.be/ACBn0J4N0YA

Really? A watered down version of Injustice?

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 26, 2014, 05:39:04 pm »
I must say, that the artwork on that page is nothing short of... spectacular.  8)

Love that fearlessly thick, rugged & ratty line.

...and those facial expressions...!  Bee-Yoo-Ti-Full!

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 26, 2014, 05:40:35 pm »
Rutgog

So there was that time Storm had to "shelter" Cyclops from the elements--with Xavier getting his life monitoring and then she was Dracula's concubine for a run of time that nobody knows when that ended,then there is of course Namor ,Nightcrawler, Arkon...

Princessa, the haters ain't tryna hear you though.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 26, 2014, 05:45:24 pm »
What REALLY incenses me is to be insulted with an X board person's criticism when their writers  have treated her like a free range piece of ass for decades.

You ain't never lied Princessa.

Ororo has been done down consitently and portrayed as being weak more times than not in the X-books but this all gets overlooked by the same clowns who are now praising Greg Pak for rehashing concepts that Reginald Hudlin already explored with Ororo within the Black Panther book.

I nearly died laughing when I read this.....

Since when did the X-Men become an internationally recognized Nation state let alone an organization capable of negociating with other nations?

But of course on the otherhand we see that the X-men have no problem interfering with the political process within other peoples countries as long as their precious mutant interests are at stake.

As Queen of Wakanda, Ororo actually had all of the political clout and LEGITIMATE UN authority to effect change that her status as a recognized Monarch gave her and this is one of the reasons why Professor Xavier recognized her as being one of the most powerful mutants on the face of the 616 MU not just by virtue of her mutant abilities but by the VERY REAL gravitas that her position as Queen of Wakanda gave her on the international stage.

That was what Reginald Hudlin brough to Ororo's personal mythos by way of REAL character growth and relevance to vast 616 MU that exists beyond the narrow, insular scope of the X-books.

But such nuances are usually lost on forked tongued idiots and their equally stupid blind followers on CBR seeking for links to prove that writers of Jonathan Hickman's pedigree are as twisted as the bigoted hacks currently churning out X-supremacist crap from the X-office.

^^^^That right there delivers the intellectual version of a grown up a RH BP one hitta quitta of a argument.

RESPECT!!

Reginald Hudlin wrote Ororo with the kind of respect that none of the current crop of X-wtriters have accorded her regardless of what clueless haters and their sycophants would have one believe.

and tell me that you don't see the irony in Emma Frost crying about the fact that she used to be a "queen" when she was intsrumental in detroying the marriage and life of a Real Queen.......

It's odd that the same Queen who Emma chumped out verbally (in an X-book), still isn't deemed as worthy enough (by Marvel) to find out the truth behind her comrade's role in her marriage ending, and her subjects murdered. Oh wait, Storm's only allowed to avenge black people when they're the victims of other black people. Where they're met with Storm's wrath. She's not allowed to  get revenge against the X-men's biggest diva.

The proof is always in the pudding my bro.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 26, 2014, 06:09:31 pm »
Couple of things I'd like to point out:

A couple of things...?  Well, alrighty then.

1) Storm was definitely written down as second fiddle to Shuri. When Doom attacked Panther and nearly killed him, Shuri was the one who went out looking for answers, not Storm. This was TOTALLY out-of-character for Ororo. Storm is a very proactive leader. No power on Earth would have stopped Storm from hunting down T'challa's attacker, yet Shuri got the shine here.

"...second fiddle"? No. You've said in response to those less than glowing critiques of STORM #1 that we are not being fair to the book. You might be guilty of that very thing in this instance. You see nothing wrong with Ororo's mourning of the soon-to-be-dead Wolverine but you can't understand why a wife would prefer to stay by the side of her gravely wounded husband. Storm was offered the rulership of Wakanda and the mantle of the Black Panther. She refused both, choosing instead to render every means of assistance to T'Challa, which she did by going into hell itself to keep him from slipping into the eternal abyss. Even then, Ororo fulfilled her role as Queen of Wakanda, dealing with foreign press and giving hope and courage to the Wakandan people such as with her visible efforts in combatting the Doom-created crops failure. If Shuri shined, Ororo glowed. There is no disputing this.

Had this been an "in-character" Storm when Maberry took over? Emma would have found out from Panther's mind not only the identity of the attacker, Doom, but also about the nannite threat not only in her bloodstream, but in the bloodstream of every Wakandan citizen from Panther's mind. T'challa avoided telling Storm or anybody else about Doom since Doom would have immediately known that he told somebody through those same nannites. Emma, would have also gleaned this from Panther's mind as she probed his thoughts and memories and alerted Storm to this threat telepathically where Doom would be unable to detect Storm's knowledge of it. Emma would have likely told Ororo aloud (for Doom's sake) that she was unable to get anything out of Panther's head while telepathically telling Ororo EVERYTHING. Storm would have then mentally instructed Emma to telepathically instruct Forge or Beast come up with an antidote for the nannite infection. She would have then somehow come up with a way to instantly disperse this antidote to the entire population simultaneously and it would be a toss up as to whether or not Storm would charge over to Latveria on her own to rain down the fury of the elements upon Doom's head or if she would have restrained herself for a more concerted attack against Doom working with Shuri, T'challa and the Wakandan military.

Your "in-character Storm" story has Ororo doing nothing if anything at all and Emma Frost doing everything. What you have suggested here is turning what Salustrade has revealed so brilliantly was a damned Dr Doom story masquerading as a Black Panther story into an X-Men story. To that, I politely reply.....Oh HELL no. Besides Rutog, Emma Frost would have likely told Storm, "I don't take orders from you." Isn't that the bitch's usual disrespectful response to Ororo?

4) Regarding that Booshman guy, Genki, Salustrade and the others on that list you mentioned who are being rude to me, I don't have to be rude back to them because I have the facts on my side.

I have certain confidence in Salustrade's observations, comments and conduct. He wouldn't slander anyone. He wouldn't be "rude" to anyone who has never given him cause. As for having facts, Salustrade posts those all of the time. It's what he does. The visual evidence of this exists here and at "the other place". Booshman and Genki have posts here which speak to their ample knowledge of the issues we discuss and to their ease of doing so intelligently.

Here are some facts I'd like to share with you, Rutog, from THE UNCANNY X-MEN, issue #171. The price of that book was a mere .60!  :) Claremont is the writer.

The story takes place shortly after Storm has defeated Callisto and assumed the leadership of the Morlocks. Rogue has turned up on the X-Mansion's doorsteps, frightened and begging for assistance. Alone in her attic apartment following a difficult training session in the Danger Room, Ororo is musing. These are her thoughts:

I wish I could control my life--my destiny--as easily as I do the weather. I cannot believe the things I have done. The duel--this morning's confrontation with Callisto--they all fly in the face of all I have ever believed about myself.

And yet, this same inner metamorphosis seems to be making me a better leader of the X-Men. Is that bad?

I feel as though I stand at a crossroads--to remain an X-Man--especially as leader--I must sacrifice the beliefs that give my life meaning. Yet the alternative means leaving those I love, forever. This is my home, they are my family--how can I desert them?!

And Xavier told me the day we met, that my powers should be used for the benefit of all humanity. Was I wrong to listen? Can I deny that responsibility?

At this point, a small rain shower Ororo has created to water the plants in her apartment grows into a storm. The thunder rouses her from her ruminations. The storm reflects her emotions and the unrest in her mind. Her plants are destroyed.

Weather around me always reflects my emotional state. My anxiety, my confusion, my...fear--manifested themselves as violence and my poor plants suffered for it.

Professor X's face appears before Ororo. He speaks to her:Storm, my examiniation of Rogue is finished. Please report to my study.

Unsheathing a knife and hurling it at the dissipating image of the Professor's astral image, Ororo says aloud: "It is because of you that I became an X-Man, old man--and that decision is destroying me!"

This is a Storm fact. What say you, Rutog?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:59:02 pm by sinjection1 »
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

APEXABYSS

« Reply #713 on: July 26, 2014, 06:31:34 pm »
...please stop with the personal attacks. We're geeks. We like comics. Okay. Let's keep the stuff comic centered, okay?

You're absolutely right, Supreme...

I apologize.    That won't happen again.   

(I hope)

Geek? Iím a black man. Geek or nerd is not a term black people use. These are terms blacks have adopted to be apart of the comic community. Itís assimilation. A geek in the hood is referred to as a drug addict.

geeks

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 26, 2014, 06:52:53 pm »

*falls over laughing*

THIS is what Storm fans were waiting for? THIS is the book that's going to return her to her former glory??? *wheezing*

Storm was offered the rulership of Wakanda and the mantle of the Black Panther. She refused both, choosing instead to render every means of assistance to T'Challa, which she did by going into hell itself to keep him from slipping into the eternal abyss. Even then, Ororo fulfilled her role as Queen of Wakanda, dealing with foreign press and giving hope and courage to the Wakandan people such as with her visible efforts in combatting the Doom-created crops failure. If Shuri shined, Ororo glowed. There is no disputing this.

It's like people don't understand how this whole MARRIAGE thing works or something.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:55:51 pm by Maxine Shaw »
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 26, 2014, 07:29:03 pm »

*falls over laughing*

THIS is what Storm fans were waiting for? THIS is the book that's going to return her to her former glory??? *wheezing*

Storm was offered the rulership of Wakanda and the mantle of the Black Panther. She refused both, choosing instead to render every means of assistance to T'Challa, which she did by going into hell itself to keep him from slipping into the eternal abyss. Even then, Ororo fulfilled her role as Queen of Wakanda, dealing with foreign press and giving hope and courage to the Wakandan people such as with her visible efforts in combatting the Doom-created crops failure. If Shuri shined, Ororo glowed. There is no disputing this.

It's like people don't understand how this whole MARRIAGE thing works or something.

Those people understand how marriage works. The problem was that when those people - clearly understanding how marriage works -  saw how well the MARRIAGE was working in this instance and how magnificent Storm was throughout the entire difficult ordeal, they hated it.

The truth that was staring those people in the face was that Storm was NOT second fiddle to anyone. Ororo was T'Challa's or anyone else's "doormat". In fact, the Queen Mother, the Princess Shuri, Wakanda's leading officials and citizens deferred to Storm. Queen Ororo was making all of the critical decisions. Only the Queen Mother questioned one of Ororo's calls and when she did, Ororo quickly corrected the Queen Mother and reiterated her directive.

It's a good thing Ororo gained all of that on the job experience while she was Queen of Wakanda. It helped her deal effectively with being insulted by a petulant schoolgirl. No doubt those people were suitably impressed.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 26, 2014, 08:01:26 pm »
What individuals like Rutog fail to realise is just how much many of us actually loved Ororo before the X-office turned her into a straight up joke and traitor to the Wakandan people and T'Challa as the husband who she coinsistently betrayed whenever the X-men were in the equation.

Mr Hudlin gave Ororo an opportunity to grow beyond the confines of the X-universe. He made it possible for her to be something greater than what she was within those stifling confines and for that, he was labled a racist who only paired T'Challa and Ororo together because they were allegedly Marvels only and most prominent African characters.

I suppose my Nigerian parents were "racist" for meeting each other, falling in love and getting married too. :smh:

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 26, 2014, 09:31:52 pm »
Sal

That is what I don't accept at all. All of this is thought up none is recorded history. It is the white supremacist mindset that questions PoC together but whites with whites is always fine. In fact they see themselves as the default race so the only legit relationship is one involving them and primarily but not limited a  white man. Look at Falcon decades in existence and when he FINALLY gets some shine...he gets a white women.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 26, 2014, 10:30:43 pm »

My daughter said this^^^. And she followed it with one of her trademark comments: "What the flying ducky..?"

Daddy shut that down. But I feel where she's coming from.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 26, 2014, 10:40:49 pm »
...please stop with the personal attacks. We're geeks. We like comics. Okay. Let's keep the stuff comic centered, okay?

You're absolutely right, Supreme...

I apologize.    That won't happen again.   

(I hope)

Geek? Iím a black man. Geek or nerd is not a term black people use. These are terms blacks have adopted to be apart of the comic community. Itís assimilation. A geek in the hood is referred to as a drug addict.

geeks

In my hood, "gettin geeked out" [ a drug addict ] isn't the same as "being a geek".
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: