Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 514555 times)

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #750 on: July 28, 2014, 10:21:16 am »
I love Rat Queens. One of the better Indy titles out there. Surprised to lern that the creator is Black, but now that think about it, I shouldn't be surprised.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 28, 2014, 11:51:13 am »
For all of this fist shaking invective, books that HAVE Black creators like Rat Queens, Vescell, Five Weapons, Midnight Tiger, Miranda Mercury and my personal favorite Molly Danger can barely get a mention around here.

That's  in addition to our own Redjack's Knight Rider and Airwolf comics.

You could even donate to the Kick starter for the second volume of Watson and Holmes. Or order the Volume one trade if you are against donating to business ventures (or online begging if you want to be that way about it).
I've been doing my part on that for a while now.

SI here it is
Watson and Holmes
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/newparadigmstudios/watson-and-holmes-print-kickstarter

With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 28, 2014, 12:44:13 pm »
Maberry''s Doomwar's primary reason for existing was to showcase Doom's might and dominant status with T'Challa, Ororo, Shuri and Wakanda serving as a convenient backdrop.

Maberry wrote the book that he wanted to write with ZERO editorial interference and that's what in my eyes, made his promise to showcase Ororo throwing down in a big way during the event, quite dishonest and disingenuous.

Funnily enough, Maberry rarely (if ever) gets called out by the majority of so-called Storm fanatics who are always so quick to spew diarrhea at Hudlin falsely and maliciously accusing him of "writing Storm down to prop up Shuri" when a cursory glance at Doomwar reveals that it was actually Maberry himself who wrote Ororo, T'Challa and Shuri down to a criminal level.

But then again, what can one expect from a fanbase who systematically (even to this day) ignore the many instances of the X-writers themselves writing their faux "goddess" out of character whilst blaming Reginald Hudlin for all of the characters woes even though it's been almost eight years+ since he penned anything featuring the Weather Witch with the dunmbass hairdo.

If that doesn't equal tyroll like behaviour, I don't know what does.

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 28, 2014, 02:02:38 pm »
I don't think they heard you Maj, some folks wanna stay dumb/deaf/blind

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 28, 2014, 02:54:55 pm »

I know bruh.

That's why I don't understand why you're wastig time arguing with that other clown over on that other place?

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 28, 2014, 04:11:38 pm »

I know bruh.

That's why I don't understand why you're wastig time arguing with that other clown over on that other place?

That was my fault, I stopped that conversation and moved away from it

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 29, 2014, 01:04:52 am »
Rutgog

Know what I call a man who tries to make a woman his "true mate" against her will? A rapist. Know what I call the romanticizing of that type story? Rape Culture. The X Verse is full of that.Like Emma stealing Storm's body so Shaw could rape her.Arkon Dracula Emma Shaw ,mind swiped into an intimate relationship with Namor....on and on. I recall Hudlin saying about the marriage I'm paraphrasing heavily at least Storm won't be subject to continuous sexual assault now. I am appalled and sickened by your commentary on this.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 29, 2014, 01:45:30 am »
Rutgog

Know what I call a man who tries to make a woman his "true mate" against her will? A rapist. Know what I call the romanticizing of that type story? Rape Culture. The X Verse is full of that.Like Emma stealing Storm's body so Shaw could rape her.Arkon Dracula Emma Shaw ,mind swiped into an intimate relationship with Namor....on and on. I recall Hudlin saying about the marriage I'm paraphrasing heavily at least Storm won't be subject to continuous sexual assault now. I am appalled and sickened by your commentary on this.

The point I was making is this: of all the X-women, which one is the most regal and ethereal? Storm. If one wanted a queen, Storm would be their choice. Arkon originally kidnapped Storm to save his dying planet. He eventually fell for her and she fell for him in return. He did not kidnap her out of lust. The Storm/Namor thing counts like a quasi alternate reality where the two were in love with each other. There'snothing wrong with Storm sleeping with a man she is wedded to. It has nothing to do with "rape culture" with the Namor dynamic. Khan tried to win Storm over legitimately, but she was turned off by his warlord, conquering dimensions nature. This does not fit the rape culture thing you are talking about either. Same applies to Dr. Doom's attraction to Ororo. The only situation that the rape stuff really is applicable to is Dracula and Storm bested him in Uncanny 159. She has never been raped.
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 29, 2014, 03:51:01 am »
Rutgog

Princesa!

I am almost moved to tears by this EXCELLENT and ACCURATE recounting and description of these odious events regarding Ororo and her "noble suitors". You will remove the scales from Rutog's eyes yet. If I were to hear his response to your comment, I wouldn't, for they would fall on deaf ears. As this is a visual medium, I will turn a blind eye to anything he might have by way of defense to this indefensible and disgusting interval in Storm's depiction by the x-writers.

Powerful! Powerful!

Well Done, Princesa!!

And Ororo was not written down to prop up Shuri, Rutog. You know better than that  ;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:00:28 am by sinjection1 »
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 29, 2014, 04:03:40 am »
Rutgog

The point I was making is this: of all the X-women, which one is the most regal and ethereal? Storm. If one wanted a queen, Storm would be their choice. Arkon originally kidnapped Storm to save his dying planet. He eventually fell for her and she fell for him in return. He did not kidnap her out of lust. The Storm/Namor thing counts like a quasi alternate reality where the two were in love with each other. There'snothing wrong with Storm sleeping with a man she is wedded to. It has nothing to do with "rape culture" with the Namor dynamic. Khan tried to win Storm over legitimately, but she was turned off by his warlord, conquering dimensions nature. This does not fit the rape culture thing you are talking about either. Same applies to Dr. Doom's attraction to Ororo. The only situation that the rape stuff really is applicable to is Dracula and Storm bested him in Uncanny 159. She has never been raped.

Nope, Rutog.

Normally, I'd struggle through your responses. Not this time. Didn't even bother trying to read the whole thing, but from what did slip through my optic scans I have this to say.

Weaksauce, boss.

You're totally wrong on this one.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 29, 2014, 04:05:10 am »
Maberry''s Doomwar's primary reason for existing was to showcase Doom's might and dominant status with T'Challa, Ororo, Shuri and Wakanda serving as a convenient backdrop.

Maberry wrote the book that he wanted to write with ZERO editorial interference and that's what in my eyes, made his promise to showcase Ororo throwing down in a big way during the event, quite dishonest and disingenuous.

Funnily enough, Maberry rarely (if ever) gets called out by the majority of so-called Storm fanatics who are always so quick to spew diarrhea at Hudlin falsely and maliciously accusing him of "writing Storm down to prop up Shuri" when a cursory glance at Doomwar reveals that it was actually Maberry himself who wrote Ororo, T'Challa and Shuri down to a criminal level.

But then again, what can one expect from a fanbase who systematically (even to this day) ignore the many instances of the X-writers themselves writing their faux "goddess" out of character whilst blaming Reginald Hudlin for all of the characters woes even though it's been almost eight years+ since he penned anything featuring the Weather Witch with the dunmbass hairdo.

If that doesn't equal tyroll like behaviour, I don't know what does.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 29, 2014, 04:22:35 am »
Rutgog

The point I'm making is I'm done with you if you try to justify this bullsh*t.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 29, 2014, 08:31:44 am »
Rutgog

Princesa!

I am almost moved to tears by this EXCELLENT and ACCURATE recounting and description of these odious events regarding Ororo and her "noble suitors". You will remove the scales from Rutog's eyes yet. If I were to hear his response to your comment, I wouldn't, for they would fall on deaf ears. As this is a visual medium, I will turn a blind eye to anything he might have by way of defense to this indefensible and disgusting interval in Storm's depiction by the x-writers.

Powerful! Powerful!

Well Done, Princesa!!

And Ororo was not written down to prop up Shuri, Rutog. You know better than that  ;)

There is a segment of people out there that do get off on 'rape culture'; it's like any other sexual fetish where when white folks indulge in it, it's acceptable and the X-writers/editorial are simply capitalizing on it.

Yeah, I agree...   Princesa definitely nailed it.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 29, 2014, 08:49:11 am »
Rutgog

The point I was making is this: of all the X-women, which one is the most regal and ethereal? Storm. If one wanted a queen, Storm would be their choice. Arkon originally kidnapped Storm to save his dying planet. He eventually fell for her and she fell for him in return. He did not kidnap her out of lust. 

What does that have to do with anything?  Lust is not a requirement.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 29, 2014, 09:56:08 am »
The point I was making is this: of all the X-women, which one is the most regal and ethereal? Storm. If one wanted a queen, Storm would be their choice. Arkon originally kidnapped Storm to save his dying planet. He eventually fell for her and she fell for him in return. He did not kidnap her out of lust. 
Sorry Bro kidnapping a woman for selfish reasons no matter how "noble" it is; is still kidnapping and taking this woman by force.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.