Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 514543 times)

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #780 on: July 29, 2014, 03:46:46 pm »
Emma deeply personally violated Storm with her psi powers, for which frankly I would kill her if I were in Storm's place. [ Clearly, Storm is a "better person" than I am; I would unashamedly unabashedly kill Emma ].

Quick question, Supreme:
How can you be able kill someone who has the ability to take over your mind?  ???

I'll read your reply offline while I go take a wiz.  :)

Emma can't take over control of Ororo's mind. When Emma and Storm first crossed swords in "Dark Phoenix Saga", Emma cleaned Storm's, Wolverine's and Colossus's clock all at the same time with her psi powers. She then mentally tortured Storm and ripped through her mind at the HFC headquarters. Phoenix Force Jean Grey had to rescue Ororo. However, Claremont began developing Storm's willpower after this. In Uncanny 151-152, Emma developed a persona exchange module gun and used it on Ororo to swap bodies. Storm eventually used the module to swap the bodies back.

Emma tried to kill Storm with a telepathic attack after Ororo switched their minds back into their actual bodies commenting on how she knew Ororo's mind as well as she knew her own, therefore, Ororo could not resist her psychic powers. Storm retorted with, "Once, O majesty of Evil, that may have been so, but no longer." Storm effortlessly shrugged off the White Queen's mindblasts and was going to kill her for stealing her body like that. Wolverine had to step in and stop Storm telling her that she was better than that. Emma Frost was powerless to stop Ororo from killing her as her psi powers no longer meant anything against Ororo's willpower.

Over the last couple of years, she has even developed her electrical powers to where she can fry telepaths out of her mind if they try and enter her mind uninvited.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:28:31 pm by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 29, 2014, 03:51:40 pm »
Speaking of Arkon; he's one guy that has been domesticated.

This is the same guy who started a war between three earths with the goal of blowing them up or something like that to provide his world with power. 

He should be like Super-Skrull or even Red Skull.  He is a hero to his people, but he is our enemy.  Somewhere along the line that barbarian nature has been subdued by a noble nature.

I wonder if we lost a great villain.  At least the Super-Skrull has been interesting when played as an ally like against Annihulus Wave.  But Arkon, he's become a wus.  He used to be an evil Conan.   

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 29, 2014, 04:18:31 pm »
Okay. Going too far with this one, people.

So. Rape, and Kidnapping? Here's a simple ILLUMINATION:

The common modern definition of rape is this:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rape

rape1   [reyp]  Show IPA
noun
the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.

The ARCHAIC definition is this:

an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.
Archaic. the act of seizing and carrying off by force.

verb (used with object), raped, rap·ing.
6. to force to have sexual intercourse.
7. to plunder (a place); despoil.
8.to seize, take, or carry off by force.

The modern definition of rape? Storm...with her mind AND body unified...has never been raped. Stop it, yall.

I haven't read the whole Dracula thing, but it's my understanding that he gave it a go. And got smashed for his attempt. Princesa? Rutog? Is that correct?

Emma and Sebastian Shaw? THAT WAS RAPE. Shaw RAPED STORM'S BODY. Storm did not give Shaw permission to have sexual intercourse with her body, and she didn't give Emma permission to separate her mind from her body. Emma deeply personally violated Storm with her psi powers, for which frankly I would kill her if I were in Storm's place. [ Clearly, Storm is a "better person" than I am; I would unashamedly unabashedly kill Emma ].

Storm's mind was ripped from her body, and I seem to recall reading of there being repeated instances of mental rape performed upon Storm over the decades. Rutog, Princesa...am I right about this?

Under the ARCHAIC definition, Storm has definitely been raped. Arkon "raped" her when he "forcibly carried her off" [ kidnap ]. In the same breath? Arkon actually IS/WAS a good guy.He was pushed to seriously severe extremes and did what many people would have done.

Hell, OUR own MARVEL ILLUMINATI are about to do much, much worse than he ever has. They're gonna destroy a planet.

But did Arkon force Storm to have sex with him? NO. So that's not SEXUAL rape in the way that this charge is being used.

Neither did Loki, Kang, Forge, etc.

Namor and Storm? Not rape. Stupid? Deliberately designed to diss TChalla and Storm's marriage? Tacky? Petty? Immature? Abrasive? Offensive? Probably racist?

Yes.

Rape?

No.

But...here's the thing.

This series of actions IS A PATTERN. It DEFINITELY shows that the X-Office is in to some real borderline stuff, and has a distinctly misogynist, racist AND racial [ two different things ] theme running throughout their books. If the X-Books haven't cultivated a Rape Culture...they haven't...they have cultivated a DEVIANT culture wherein such charges as "Rape Culture" can be quite believable and even credible in certain arcs of the book because the X-Office deliberately explores X-rated material stepped down to The Comic Code and translated via a virtually colonial mindset of racism, elitism, etc. combined with the "outer fringe radical element of society counterculture" thing which shocks those of us who are not "out there" like they are.

You ever see Jean Grey come to Scott's rescue as he is being sexually menaced by some female supervillain? It's not like Moondragon couldn't rape the crap out of Logan's, Peter's, or Scott's mind AND body if she didn't want to. Emma could do the same. Selene...the Hellfire Club's Black Queen...should have easily been able to do the same. I don't believe that she's REALLY dead, and X-Force prolly doesn't either. Selene was mad powerful. Ascended to being a goddes, right? She was supposed to be a vaunted, ancient sorceress, right? Speaking of sorceresses... Morgan Le Fey, anyone?

Have you ever seen Shadowcat bust in to save Wolverine from the unwanted otherworldly advances of a lethal Japanese Kami? No? You ever see Storm come in and start tuh slappin and lightning bolting and power blasting sirens and she-vamps as they are about to have orgies with X-Guys and then murder/eat them? No? Have you ever seen a single White alpha male X-Man sexually menaced by a supervillainess?

Even if you could think of one...like Madelyne Pryor during that whole Goblin Queen thing where she even seduced Havok...you could likely only think OF ONE. When the tables are turned? We're looking at decades long themes.

Who thinks that say...Warbird [ the Kree or whatever alien race she was version ]...couldn't slap around chain up and rape the crap out of say...some New Mutant guys? Even Wolverine? But we never see such a thing, do we? We don't even see it being hinted at.

You get my point.

Are the X-Office X-cepting stories glorifying Rape Culture?

No.

Are they cultivating an environment wherein such a thing as Rape Culture could sidle up on the readers in subtle form? Ya know...like bondage S&M stuff?

Yes.

And everyone...including them...knows it.

To be fair? Since the departure of CC during his initial run, there has been a distinct downturn in the clearly S&M bondage-like outfits and visuals...but still, the whole sexual thing and S&M thing is pretty clear.

Wonderful post!

Couple of things:

1) I can recall at least one instance of an attempted rape upon a male X-Man where Storm and the X-Men had to rescue him from his would-be rapist. Callisto was the culprit. She had imprisoned Angel and was going to hold him captive against his will as her lover. She was in the process of destroying his wings so he could never fly again when the X-Men stopped her. This is the story where Storm stabbed her through the heart (uncanny 169-170).

2) You are correct, Storm beat Dracula. Dracula initially ambushed Storm while she was out and about doing everyday things. He bit her and gained  mental control over her. He wanted her by his side.  When the X-Men came to her rescue, he cleaned their clocks. She ended up mustering the willpower and showed up to the fight. She attacked him with her powers and fought him one-on-one. He tried once more to gain control over her, but her willpower was too strong. She ended up besting him. He was amazed that she was able to beat him mental domination twice. After he could not beat her in a physical confrontation (she was using her elemental powers against him), he was reduced to grabbing a civilian as hostage to try and force Storm to stay by his side. Didn't work. So, he bowed to her and left. Its been a while since I've read the story, but this is about the gist of it.

3) Selene has recently been brought back to life along with Madelyne Pryor. She and Storm almost came to blows, too, but Storm let her go. Neither Selene nor Madelyne really wanted to take on Ororo.

4) You've changed my mind on the Storm/Emma/Shaw instance. I agree with you.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:52:08 pm by Rutog98 »

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 29, 2014, 04:28:16 pm »
Emma deeply personally violated Storm with her psi powers, for which frankly I would kill her if I were in Storm's place. [ Clearly, Storm is a "better person" than I am; I would unashamedly unabashedly kill Emma ].

Quick question, Supreme:
How can you be able kill someone who has the ability to take over your mind?  ???

I'll read your reply offline while I go take a wiz.  :)

Emma can't take over control of Ororo's mind. When Emma and Storm first crossed swords in "Dark Phoenix Saga", Emma cleaned Storm's, Wolverine's and Colossus's clock all at the same time with her psi powers. She then mentally tortured Storm and ripped through her mind at the HFC headquarters. Phoenix Force Jean Grey had to rescue Ororo. However, Claremont began developing Storm's willpower after this. In Uncanny 151-152, Emma developed a persona exchange module gun and used it on Ororo to swap bodies. Storm eventually used the module to swap the bodies back.

Emma tried to kill Storm with a telepathic attack commenting on how she knew Ororo's mind as well as she knew her own, therefore, Ororo could not resist her psychic powers. Storm retorted with, "Once, O majesty of Evil, that may have been so, but no longer." Storm effortlessly shrugged off the White Queen's mindblasts and was going to kill her for stealing her body like that. Wolverine had to step in and stop Storm telling her that she was better than that. Emma Frost was powerless to stop Ororo from killing her as her psi powers no longer meant anything against Ororo's willpower.

Over the last couple of years, she has even developed her electrical powers to where she can fry telepaths out of her mind if they try and use their powers against her uninhibitedly.

Look, all Uncanny X-Men stories after the Claremont/byrne/Austin/Orcheckovski/G.Wein run doesn't count as canon... 

--- I'm just kiddin' ! 

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 29, 2014, 04:39:59 pm »
Brian Wood ain't worthy enough to pick up discarded notes from Hudlin or Rucka's waste bin

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 29, 2014, 04:42:01 pm »
Brian Wood ain't worthy enough to pick up discarded notes from Hudlin or Rucka's waste bin

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 29, 2014, 05:00:35 pm »
Well, we already know how the much maligned (by X-fan idiots) Reginald Hudlind gets down a far as portraying strong women is concerned.....

None of that I am a male feminist Brian Wood type faux BS

Yes. Hudlin's Shuri shows the true strength worthy of a female warrior. Yes, Ororo was injured by a previous action when she was captured by Khan - just another male entity with the hots for Storm. Ororo is healthy enough to defeat one of Khan's envious lovers but when it comes to Khan himself what methods do the x-writers have Storm employ to combat her adversary, this abductor who would have forced his attentions on Ororo if necessary? Storm resorts to seduction.

Always sex.

sex, sex, sex, sex, sex.

The seX-Men.

Every X-Men/mutant story that could be told, has been told. The well has run dry.l

What's left?

sex, sex, Ororo and Logan thrown gratuitously into sexual situations for the delight and titillation of RoLo fanatics and to wash the taste of "black and f*cking" while a married woman and a Queen to T'Challa, sex.

Public Enemy, the legendary Rap music group, never won a Grammy in part, because they angered two groups of people who have some influence in the entertainment realm: Jews and homosexuals. Enter eminem. He's rapped about his hatred for homosexuals, his desire to rape and murder his own mother, and a fantasy about he and his daughter (who was very young at that time), burying eminem's "wife" - the mother of his young daughter - after he'd murdered her. He said if his daughter saw the blood on his wife, he would simply tell the child it was just ketchup.l

eminem is a multiple Grammy winner.

Why?

Why is black Reginald Hudlin held in such disdain by many Storm/x-crement fans while white Chris Claremont - author of that wonderful Storm story titled: ARENA, celebrated?
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 29, 2014, 05:09:32 pm »
She-Hulk once surprised and kissed Hercules.

Kissing someone by surprised had been used in fiction by both sexes for decades.

Kissing someone by surprise is still utilized today. In fact, the surprise kiss was the vehicle used to confirm David Alleyne's/Prodigy's sexual deviancy. He planted a same sex smooch on an unsuspecting Hulkling's kisser. This event caused at least one who read the book to "squeal" in excitement.

It's when kissing by surprise moves from fiction into non-fiction, when real life imitates art...when women costumed as their favorite superheroine are groped by surprise by a fanboy or two who might possibly have read one too many fictional accounts of the same thing.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 29, 2014, 05:14:45 pm »
Speaking of Arkon; he's one guy that has been domesticated.

This is the same guy who started a war between three earths with the goal of blowing them up or something like that to provide his world with power. 

He should be like Super-Skrull or even Red Skull.  He is a hero to his people, but he is our enemy.  Somewhere along the line that barbarian nature has been subdued by a noble nature.

I wonder if we lost a great villain.  At least the Super-Skrull has been interesting when played as an ally like against Annihulus Wave.  But Arkon, he's become a wus.  He used to be an evil Conan.   

But before Arkon became a wuss, he ..... nawwwww, I won't say it  :)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 29, 2014, 05:14:56 pm »

Kissing someone by surprised had been used in fiction by both sexes for decades.

Kissing someone by surprise is still utilized today. In fact, the surprise kiss was the vehicle used to confirm David Alleyne's/Prodigy's sexual deviancy. He planted a same sex smooch on an unsuspecting Hulkling's kisser. This event caused at least one who read the book to "squeal" in excitement.

It's when kissing by surprise moves from fiction into non-fiction, when real life imitates art...when women costumed as their favorite superheroine are groped by surprise by a fanboy or two who might possibly have read one too many fictional accounts of the same thing.

Is this what's really going at these comicbook conventions?  ???

Seriously?

The social retards are getting that bold that they haven't learned to 'look but don't touch'...?

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 29, 2014, 05:19:15 pm »
Well, we already know how the much maligned (by X-fan idiots) Reginald Hudlind gets down a far as portraying strong women is concerned.....

Yes. Hudlin's Shuri shows the true strength worthy of a female warrior. Yes, Ororo was injured by a previous action when she was captured by Khan - just another male entity with the hots for Storm. Ororo is healthy enough to defeat one of Khan's envious lovers but when it comes to Khan himself what methods do the x-writers have Storm employ to combat her adversary, this abductor who would have forced his attentions on Ororo if necessary? Storm resorts to seduction.

Always sex.

sex, sex, sex, sex, sex.

The seX-Men.

Every X-Men/mutant story that could be told, has been told. The well has run dry.l

What's left?

sex, sex, Ororo and Logan thrown gratuitously into sexual situations for the delight and titillation of RoLo fanatics and to wash the taste of "black and f*cking" while a married woman and a Queen to T'Challa, sex.

Public Enemy, the legendary Rap music group, never won a Grammy in part, because they angered two groups of people who have some influence in the entertainment realm: Jews and homosexuals. Enter eminem. He's rapped about his hatred for homosexuals, his desire to rape and murder his own mother, and a fantasy about he and his daughter (who was very young at that time), burying eminem's "wife" - the mother of his young daughter - after he'd murdered her. He said if his daughter saw the blood on his wife, he would simply tell the child it was just ketchup.l

Why?

Why is black Reginald Hudlin held in such disdain by many Storm/x-crement fans while white Chris Claremont - author of that wonderful Storm story titled: ARENA, celebrated?

Storm never slept with Khan. Khan, for all his warlord conquering, had a very honorable and noble side to him. Storm saw the potential for him to be a powerful force for good if he would but change some of his ways. She tried to use his attraction to her to inspire the change. When she saw it was nog ring to happen, she punched his lights out.

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 29, 2014, 05:19:26 pm »

Is this what's really going at these comicbook conventions?  ???

Seriously?

The social retards are getting that bold that they haven't learned to 'look but don't touch'...?

I'm afraid they haven't learned, Battle.

Behold: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2705828/Comic-Cons-sexual-harassment-problem-Scantily-clad-female-cosplayers-complain-creepy-geeks-getting-handsy.html

The seX-Men comicbook is undoubtedly a major factor in this development.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 29, 2014, 05:24:04 pm »

Always sex.

sex, sex, sex, sex, sex.

The seX-Men.

What's left?

Why?

Storm never slept with Khan. Khan, for all his warlord conquering, had a very honorable and noble side to him. Storm saw the potential for him to be a powerful force for good if he would but change some of his ways. She tried to use his attraction to her to inspire the change. When she saw it was nog ring to happen, she punched his lights out.

I remember Ororo being bathed and adorned in fine silks by attendants in preparation for Khan's advances.

I remember Ororo resorting to seduction in an attempt to dissuade him from carrying out his evil objectives.

I seem to remember Khan with his hands around Ororo's throat when he'd discovered she'd betrayed him.

I seem to remember Ororo not punching his lights out (Hudlin's Shuri would have done so, but not X-Treme X-Man's Storm, she who was enamoured with a young surfer dude at that time).

I vaguely remember a watery deluge and Ororo being rescued by one of the mutants she was cavorting with at that time.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 29, 2014, 05:35:47 pm »

Behold: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2705828/Comic-Cons-sexual-harassment-problem-Scantily-clad-female-cosplayers-complain-creepy-geeks-getting-handsy.html

Possibly... 

A lot of the modern X-Men stories are fairly suggestive.  For instance, I can remember when teenager Kitty Pryde first met Emma Frost (The White Queen) inside her parents home, her impression was,

"She looked at me as if I was something good to eat!"

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 29, 2014, 05:44:15 pm »

Possibly... 

A lot of the modern X-Men stories are fairly suggestive.  For instance, I can remember when teenager Kitty Pryde first met Emma Frost (The White Queen) inside her parents home, her impression was,

"She looked at me as if I was something good to eat!"

Jim Shooter's Avenger's book chronicling the rape of Ms Marvel, Don McGregor's PANTHER'S QUEST, featuring the abduction, imprisonment, and rape of T'Challa's mother, Ramonda; pretty strong stuff with nothing at all actually very "pretty" about it.

And yet, it's the seX-Men franchise who incorporated Britain's notorious Hellfire Club into their own mythos. There's Emma Frost, the White Queen. Her costume? Victoria's Secret-type lingerie. Somebody said, Sex sells. The seX-Men is Marvel Comics' best selling product isn't it?