Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 527195 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #795 on: July 29, 2014, 05:47:41 pm »
Rutgog

Know what I call a man who tries to make a woman his "true mate" against her will? A rapist. Know what I call the romanticizing of that type story? Rape Culture. The X Verse is full of that.Like Emma stealing Storm's body so Shaw could rape her.Arkon Dracula Emma Shaw ,mind swiped into an intimate relationship with Namor....on and on. I recall Hudlin saying about the marriage I'm paraphrasing heavily at least Storm won't be subject to continuous sexual assault now. I am appalled and sickened by your commentary on this.

Princesa!

I am almost moved to tears by this EXCELLENT and ACCURATE recounting and description of these odious events regarding Ororo and her "noble suitors". You will remove the scales from Rutog's eyes yet. If I were to hear his response to your comment, I wouldn't, for they would fall on deaf ears. As this is a visual medium, I will turn a blind eye to anything he might have by way of defense to this indefensible and disgusting interval in Storm's depiction by the x-writers.

Powerful! Powerful!

Well Done, Princesa!!

And Ororo was not written down to prop up Shuri, Rutog. You know better than that  ;)

There is a segment of people out there that do get off on 'rape culture'; it's like any other sexual fetish where when white folks indulge in it, it's acceptable and the X-writers/editorial are simply capitalizing on it.

Yeah, I agree...   Princesa definitely nailed it.

Exactly so, Battle. Well said, Brother.

Look at Psylocke as illustrated by Jim Lee. She is wearing what amounts to a thong and boots with a stiletto heels. Eye candy. But in light of recent events, it's eye candy that could be rotting the minds of some readers. It's an X-Man-created peep show. I seem to remember a cover of an X-Man comic featuring Storm rendered so that her naked buttocks were actually in full view. This is a slippery slope.

Princesa brings up this subject at the most perfect time. During this most recent Comic Con, some women complained of being groped and having their pictures taken without permission. The Carol Danvers rape story; the PANTHER'S QUEST story written by Don McGregor in which Ramonda was actually kidnapped, raped repeatedly and the pictures of her violation sent to T'Chaka who was powerless to find his wife and rescue her...DC Comics' Dr Light's rape of...I forget what her name --- Plastic Man's wife, I think she was.....could these images of scantily-clad females and females such as Ororo, grabbed and smooched by these "noble suitors" be sending the wrong kind of signal to some potentially-troubled fanboys...perhaps those who the ladies at ComicCon complained were groping them and ogling them?

When a man grabs a woman and kisses her without the woman's invitation to do so and quite by surprise, in most instances that is a violation of her person. When Hawkeye grabbed Valkyrie while he was a member of the Defenders, Valkyrie nearly took his head off with her sword. But then...in typical fanboy-pleasing fashion, Valkyrie smiled and thought to herself that Hawkeye's univited, unexpected smooch wasn't "wholly unpleasant". This is a situation written in a comicbook aimed directly at the fantasies of the male libido.

Well, we already know how the much maligned (by X-fan idiots) Reginald Hudlind gets down a far as portraying strong women is concerned.....

None of that I am a male feminist Brian Wood type faux BS

FLAWLESS VICTORY!! REGINALD HUDLIN...WINS!!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 29, 2014, 05:52:43 pm »
@Sinjection

1) Those handmaidens were bathing and pampering Storm to prepare her for dates with Khan. Khan was courting Ororo and trying to win over her affections. No sex was going on. He was trying to be an honorable man towards her.

2) She was not seducing him, rather, she tried to use his desire to have her as his queen to inspire a change within him. On the other hand, he wanted to win her over without making any change in himself at all. As you can see, it ended up as a clash.

3) Khan got the upper hand against Ororo in the fight because, A) she was recovering from a death injury done to her spinal chord by Viper (Viper took her by surprise with this betrayal) and B) a huge wall of water knocked both combatants off their feet during the fight.  When the wave subsided enough for them to get their bearings, Khan ended up in an advantageous position. Prior to that, Ororo was fighting him to a standstill. When I said she punched his lights out, I meant she went for him in H-2-H combat. I may be a little fuzzy on a few very minor details, but this is the gist of what happened. I'll have to reread the arc again. It was a fun read.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 05:55:00 pm by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 29, 2014, 06:05:25 pm »
I'm afraid they haven't learned, Battle.

Behold: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2705828/Comic-Cons-sexual-harassment-problem-Scantily-clad-female-cosplayers-complain-creepy-geeks-getting-handsy.html

The seX-Men comicbook is undoubtedly a major factor in this development.

Possibly... 

A lot of the modern X-Men stories are fairly suggestive.  For instance, I can remember when teenager Kitty Pryde first met Emma Frost (The White Queen) inside her parents home, her impression was,

"She looked at me as if I was something good to eat!"

I don't think that was meant sexually, but more literally as in cannibal.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 29, 2014, 06:07:50 pm »
@Sinjection

1) Those handmaidens were bathing and pampering Storm to prepare her for dates with Khan. Khan was courting Ororo and trying to win over her affections. No sex was going on. He was trying to be an honorable man towards her.

2) She was not seducing him, rather, she tried to use his desire to have her as his queen to inspire a change within him. On the other hand, he wanted to win her over without making any change in himself at all. As you can see, it ended up as a clash.

3) Khan got the upper hand against Ororo in the fight because, A) she was recovering from a death injury done to her spinal chord by Viper (Viper took her by surprise with this betrayal) and B) a huge wall of water knocked both combatants off their feet during the fight.  When the wave subsided enough for them to get their bearings, Khan ended up in an advantageous position. Prior to that, Ororo was fighting him to a standstill. When I said she punched his lights out, I meant she went for him in H-2-H combat. I may be a little fuzzy on a few very minor details, but this is the gist of what happened. I'll have to reread the arc again. It was a fun read.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 29, 2014, 06:08:08 pm »
@Sinjection

Number 2) that might be worse than seducing him.  What was she going to do if she succeeded?
Number 3) But Storm can't be surprised.  You've said that before; no one can surprise her because she is infinitely aware.  (even though she has been surprised 10,000 times over the years.)

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: July 29, 2014, 06:08:51 pm »

Behold: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2705828/Comic-Cons-sexual-harassment-problem-Scantily-clad-female-cosplayers-complain-creepy-geeks-getting-handsy.html

Possibly... 

A lot of the modern X-Men stories are fairly suggestive.  For instance, I can remember when teenager Kitty Pryde first met Emma Frost (The White Queen) inside her parents home, her impression was,

You can't be serious.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 29, 2014, 06:10:51 pm »
@Sinjection

Number 2) that might be worse than seducing him.  What was she going to do if she succeeded?
Number 3) But Storm can't be surprised.  You've said that before; no one can surprise her because she is infinitely aware.
(even though she has been surprised 10,000 times over the years.)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 29, 2014, 06:11:41 pm »

Possibly...

Really?

You think that's what she meant?

I believe you need to get out more often.  ;)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 29, 2014, 06:11:48 pm »
You can't be serious.

Yup; that's how I read it when I read that back when it was first written.  (Back then, they didn't make those kind of girl-on-girl jokes.  Back then, they barely acknowledged that existed.)

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 29, 2014, 06:23:20 pm »
@Sinjection

"...dates with Khan..." Yes, I see. Ororo was being bathed, scented in sweet oils, dressed in seductive silks and Khan was going to turn up on the doorstep with a box of candy, some flowers and a promise to have Ororo home by 8. We'll simply forget that she was available to him for those activities because he abducted her...in effect, raping her archiacally.

2) She was not seducing him,

Yes she was.

Some fun date, eh?  ;)
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 29, 2014, 06:27:38 pm »
@Sinjection

I think I might have fractured a rib laughing so hard.  ;D
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 29, 2014, 06:32:28 pm »
@Sinjection

Number 3) But Storm can't be surprised.  You've said that before; no one can surprise her because she is infinitely aware.  (even though she has been surprised 10,000 times over the years.)

;D Kip, making the truth HURT...hilariously!  ;D

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 29, 2014, 06:32:55 pm »
@Sinjection

"...dates with Khan..." Yes, I see. Ororo was being bathed, scented in sweet oils, dressed in seductive silks and Khan was going to turn up on the doorstep with a box of candy, some flowers and a promise to have Ororo home by 8. We'll simply forget that she was available to him for those activities because he abducted her...in effect, raping her archiacally.

Actually, I found this comment funnier!  ;D

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 29, 2014, 06:40:51 pm »
@Sinjection

2) She was not seducing him,

Yes she was.

Hmm, isn't this what they call Stockholm Syndrome?  Wait, that happens to her a lot; Arkon kidnaps her, she notices his noble spirit--Stockholm Syndrome; then Khan.  That was T'challa's problem, he should have kidnapped her first, Stockholm Syndrome would have kicked in and maybe some of those who hated BP would have liked him.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 29, 2014, 06:49:41 pm »
@Sinjection

Storm's ability to sense movement and energy in her surroundings is an aspect of her powers that is used or ignored depending on the needs of the story from the writer's point of view. When written at her best, she is nearly impossible to sneak up on.

In the case with Viper, she and Storm were on the same side, but then she severed Storm's spinal chord from behind catching Ororo completely unaware with this attack. Storm knew Viper was there, but she did not expect an attack from her given they were on the same team in this.

Had he changed his heart, Storm would have probably accepted him as her lover and the two would have become a couple. There's a lot to his character that appeals to her taste in men.
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)