Author Topic: New Storm Ongoing Title  (Read 527170 times)

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
Re: New Storm Ongoing Title
« Reply #825 on: July 30, 2014, 09:52:43 am »
You know what? I'll save you the trouble. Welcome to your own (n)ignore list. Enjoy your stay.

D'awwww, the little homophobe has a dyke in his midst. And quoting Tripod is an instafail.

Jeepers!  :o

Talk about your reveals!

I thought I came out ages ago? My bad. Wasn't trying to shake anything up.
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 30, 2014, 10:01:34 am »

1) I know I'm telling the truth about the two not having sex because they showed up the content of the dates. They danced in the air (thanks to Ororo's dominion over the wind),

I've no doubt you are secure in your knowledge that you have shared with we, the HEF Assembled, your version of the truth and nothing but the truth. And that's what's so startling about these exchanges. This Ororo, whom you assert was written down in how she dealt with doom in doomwar, this Ororo whom you've said that if she'd been written "in character" in that self same story would have marshalled the forces of the X-Men, devined doom's devious mechanations and rained down hellfire on Latveria...this is the Ororo who uses her winds to whisk she and her abductor up into the sky by her winds so they could dance in the clouds. I think if Shuri had been in Ororo's place at that time and she'd had the opportunity to whisk Khan high up into the sky, once they were high enough, Shuri would have stopped having her winds support Khan and dropped her abductor and would-be galactic dictator like a bad habit. Khan would have been splattered all over his kingdom and Shuri would have been mopping up his forces before the X-Men could mount a rescue.

2) Well, she had escaped her jailers and was in the process of destroying his citadel when he happened upon her and discovered her betrayal.The fight ensued.

Stockholm Syndrome Storm's strategy of victory through seduction at work.

3) Yes, it was a fun date.

Ray Rice and the now-Mrs. Ray Rice and Ike and Tina Turner might agree with this assessment. Nothing beats a good time out on a date with your lady than beating on your lady and knocking her out on that date.

The x-writers...always showing Storm a good time. Snatched by amorous suitors and whisked away into captivity to be wooed. Meeting only the finest men who create weapons to rid her of her powers, provokes her to anger so that she then stabs that fine gentleman in the heart...and then, just when she is deliriously happy when the man who stole her powers and who she then stabs in the heart proposes marriage, leaves her emotionally destroyed and weeping in the rain (they love having Storm weeping in the rain, don't they?), after that fine gentleman retracts his proposal and walks away, one of Storm's bitterest enemies on his arm as he does so.

Oh....and let's not forget...Storm's exciting nightlife. Where on a mission, she totally loses herself in her assignment. This always prepared, regal Storm is once again seduced, this time not by a man...but by competition and sheer violence in an ARENA. It's all fun and games until somebody knocks her the funk out, ties a chain around her neck and imprisons her. Oh...oh yes...the sexy menage-a-trois action with Storm, Sebastian Shaw, and Emma - the body snatcher - Frost. sssssssizzling!!!

And that doggone Reginald Hudlin comes along, marrying Storm to a King, making her a Queen and an honest woman.

No wonder some misguided Storm fanatics and seX-Men addicts hate him so.

1) Your memory is fuzzy on the details of the story. First off, they were inside of Khan's citadel, not outside with the clouds. That said, one of the devices on Storm's body that was healing her wound also alert Khan and his people whenever she used her abilities. She was well aware of this. When she whisked Khan up into the air with her winds, his henchman had a lot of weapons trained on her in the event she did something dastardly, as you just said. Considering she had just come out of surgery and her back was still in a bad way, I seriously doubt she could have dodged all of those energy blasts and bullets. Also, the wound she was recovering from was located on an area of her spine that directly affects her mutant powers (as it would all mutants, IIRC). Her powers were nowhere near full strength, but a mere echo of what they should be ever since the spinal chord injury from the beginning of the arc.  From the beginning of Khan's courtship of Ororo, she offered him a choice. She wanted him to renounce his conquering ways while he was adamant that he could win her over and continue on being the way he was. She did not do anything to gain his affections whatsoever. As a matter of fact, the very first time he laid eyes upon her, he was immediately taken by her beauty and carriage. She did not seduce him into having romantic interests in her and she was very honest with him from the beginning.

If Shuri had been in Ororo's place and done as you asked, she would have been killed in no time flat.

2) Regarding the Storm/Khan fight, I got something wrong in there. While Storm was fighting him to a standstill until the wave of water rushed in and knocked them all over the place, she actually saved Khan as she was the first one to grab ahold of an anchor for safety. He was surprised that she saved him. At this time, she tried once more to inspire a change in him from his conquering  ways. When her anchor broke and both of them went tumbling again, he was the once who found the next safe anchor to grab hold of and caught her by the arms as she dangled from the height. So, he saved her and tried to get her to love him as he was. She said she would fight him till the end if he did not change, so he threw her to the fall. He NEVER beat on Storm in that fight as he was taking a licking himself.

3) Never cared for "The Arena". I stated this on the CBR thread about 2 months ago. Well, either on the thread itself or in a PM with one of my friends on there when we were discussing Storm's solo.

4) That was Lobdell with the Forge/Storm thing where Forge broke her heart. Claremont stated on a board that as far as he was concerned, once she regained her powers and she and Forge came back to this dimension, as far as he, Claremont, was concerned, the relationship was over at that point.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:03:57 am by Rutog98 »
Ex-X-Writer and Ex-X-editor Ann Nocenti writes on Storm:

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Take from page 24 or 26 of her novel, "Prisoner X"

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 30, 2014, 10:07:29 am »

Are you bi ?

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 30, 2014, 10:15:37 am »
@Sinjection

1) Those handmaidens were bathing and pampering Storm to prepare her for dates with Khan. Khan was courting Ororo and trying to win over her affections. No sex was going on. He was trying to be an honorable man towards her.

"...dates with Khan..." Yes, I see. Ororo was being bathed, scented in sweet oils, dressed in seductive silks and Khan was going to turn up on the doorstep with a box of candy, some flowers and a promise to have Ororo home by 8. We'll simply forget that she was available to him for those activities because he abducted her...in effect, raping her archiacally.

2) She was not seducing him,

Yes she was.

Hmm, isn't this what they call Stockholm Syndrome?  Wait, that happens to her a lot; Arkon kidnaps her, she notices his noble spirit--Stockholm Syndrome; then Khan.  That was T'challa's problem, he should have kidnapped her first, Stockholm Syndrome would have kicked in and maybe some of those who hated BP would have liked him.

When Khan wanted to make Storm his queen, there was a HUGE uproar on the board from Storm's fans. Claremont was on the board and they socked it to him HARD for this. They attacked him for Khan having a crush on her, Dracula, Loki, Arkon, etc. It is because of CC being attacked on the board like this that he wrote that scene in an issue after "Invasion Arc" was completed where all of Storm's X-Men friends were gathered around at a table with her enjoying a meal. Various members of the team pretended to be super villains talking about how "Storm is theirs". They laughed at how all of these male villains get crushes on Storm. He said to me in an e-mail when the hate was coming in on Khan having a thing for Storm that it isn't going to work out the way Khan wants in terms of his interests in Ororo, but he likes her and what's a girl to do.

@Sinjection:

When Claremont had Storm and Slipstream (the Davis guy you mentioned) dating, Claremont got a HUGE backlash from the Storm fans as well on this. Not only did it turn them against Cameron (Slipstream), but it made them hate his sister as well as Thunderbird 3 because he liked Cameron's sister, Heather (Lifeguard). The called Cameron, "Cameron, Duh, I'm a Surfer, Davis", Thunderbird 3 the "Delhi Dimwit" and Heather Cameron (Lifeguard), they christened "Dial-H-For-Heather." They ragged on these three so badly and said that Slipstream was beneath Storm that Claremont cited this as the reason he wrote the three characters out of the book at the end of "Invasion arc" on comixfan. He even told the posters to, "Please stop ragging on it. We made a mistake, I get it. They are gone from the book. Please move on from this. We fixed it." They had him begging for mercy.

"At her command, oceans rise, breezes cool, rains pummel, tornadoes destroy, sun dries, seas part."

Pretty nifty! ;)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #829 on: July 30, 2014, 10:30:15 am »

Are you bi ?
You know what? I'll save you the trouble. Welcome to your own (n)ignore list. Enjoy your stay.

D'awwww, the little homophobe has a dyke in his midst. And quoting Tripod is an instafail.

Talk about your reveals!

Nah, you most def didn't come out here on HEF. Even I...who studiously ignore such things as Idc what sexual orientation whoever has...would have noted such a reveal.

Are you bi ?

Back to not caring. She's still Maxine Shaw. Nuff for me.
@Sinjection

1) Those handmaidens were bathing and pampering Storm to prepare her for dates with Khan. Khan was courting Ororo and trying to win over her affections. No sex was going on. He was trying to be an honorable man towards her.

"...dates with Khan..." Yes, I see. Ororo was being bathed, scented in sweet oils, dressed in seductive silks and Khan was going to turn up on the doorstep with a box of candy, some flowers and a promise to have Ororo home by 8. We'll simply forget that she was available to him for those activities because he abducted her...in effect, raping her archiacally.

Yes she was.

Hmm, isn't this what they call Stockholm Syndrome?  Wait, that happens to her a lot; Arkon kidnaps her, she notices his noble spirit--Stockholm Syndrome; then Khan.  That was T'challa's problem, he should have kidnapped her first, Stockholm Syndrome would have kicked in and maybe some of those who hated BP would have liked him.

When Khan wanted to make Storm his queen, there was a HUGE uproar on the board from Storm's fans. Claremont was on the board and they socked it to him HARD for this. They attacked him for Khan having a crush on her, Dracula, Loki, Arkon, etc. It is because of CC being attacked on the board like this that he wrote that scene in an issue after "Invasion Arc" was completed where all of Storm's X-Men friends were gathered around at a table with her enjoying a meal. Various members of the team pretended to be super villains talking about how "Storm is theirs". They laughed at how all of these male villains get crushes on Storm. He said to me in an e-mail when the hate was coming in on Khan having a thing for Storm that it isn't going to work out the way Khan wants in terms of his interests in Ororo, but he likes her and what's a girl to do.

@Sinjection:

When Claremont had Storm and Slipstream (the Davis guy you mentioned) dating, Claremont got a HUGE backlash from the Storm fans as well on this. Not only did it turn them against Cameron (Slipstream), but it made them hate his sister as well as Thunderbird 3 because he liked Cameron's sister, Heather (Lifeguard). The called Cameron, "Cameron, Duh, I'm a Surfer, Davis", Thunderbird 3 the "Delhi Dimwit" and Heather Cameron (Lifeguard), they christened "Dial-H-For-Heather." They ragged on these three so badly and said that Slipstream was beneath Storm that Claremont cited this as the reason he wrote the three characters out of the book at the end of "Invasion arc" on comixfan. He even told the posters to, "Please stop ragging on it. We made a mistake, I get it. They are gone from the book. Please move on from this. We fixed it." They had him begging for mercy.

How energetic were they when they saw X-book covers like ARENA?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:36:06 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 30, 2014, 10:54:52 am »

Are you bi ?

Talk about your reveals!

Nah, you most def didn't come out here on HEF. Even I...who studiously ignore such things as Idc what sexual orientation whoever has...would have noted such a reveal.

Are you bi ?

I meant, is she bi-textual?

Y'know, a straight female online who likes to pretend they are gay around a buncha guys just to see what kind of reaction she gets.

Offline Rutog98

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 30, 2014, 11:00:34 am »

Are you bi ?

Talk about your reveals!

Are you bi ?

@Sinjection

Yes she was.

@Sinjection:

How energetic were they when they saw X-book covers like ARENA?

Most liked the story, though I don't care for arcs where Storm is pitted against characters she can effortlessly beat if she were to put any real effort in the fight. I don't agree with some of what Sinjection said regarding the story, but don't care enough about it to defend it. I've bought Al of the Storm minis just to support her, but the only one I thought was really good is Yost's WAP mini.

I should probably note that I agreed with the other Storm fans on Slipstream, Thunderbird 3 and Lifeguard. While I did not join in on those kinds of insults, I was in full agreement with them in thinking those three characters were a waste of space. Slipstream was way too immature for Ororo.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 11:08:34 am by Rutog98 »

Pretty nifty! ;)

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 30, 2014, 12:01:58 pm »
But. There was too much Chinese gungfu which my eyes instantly picked up. Tiger Style. Leopard Style. Very appropriate to the character TChalla [ the Lion Style of Africa and seen in Capoeiristas who are adepts of Xango the orixa ] and the Leopard Style are part of African martial arts too. Were there in Africa FIRST, in fact. Would have liked to see Capoeira and an assortment of other African styles represented, like the various and varied grappling and weapon styles blended with Capoeira [ which has a very pronounced and varied styles of grappling and weapons itself, including guns ].

"...But I...am ready to die!!"

Cold ending. Love the SFX there, again especially because of the low budget. That was made on pure love and passion and dedication to their craft.

Was there enough space for t'Challa to develop a Capoeira stance in that little shed?   ...in that scene?

Ohhh yes my brutha. Contrary to popular misperception, Capoeira has EXTENSIVE close quarter and body to body contact techniques. In fact? Many of the exact same movements work with literally zero space to manuever or very cramped quarters. Standing to ground and anywhere in between.

In fact? The old skool BJJ guys knew that fact so well that htey wholesale lifted it from Capoeira...and that's a major part [ not the only part but a major part ] of how the "flow" and transition game of bjj came about.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 30, 2014, 12:20:31 pm »
Ohhh yes my brutha. Contrary to popular misperception, Capoeira has EXTENSIVE close quarter and body to body contact techniques. In fact? Many of the exact same movements work with literally zero space to manuever or very cramped quarters. Standing to ground and anywhere in between.

In fact? The old skool BJJ guys knew that fact so well that htey wholesale lifted it from Capoeira...and that's a major part [ not the only part but a major part ] of how the "flow" and transition game of bjj came about.

It's a fascinating fighting style that seems to evolve from being able to unravel your body from bondage, and flexing your body to strike vulnerable targets on the opponent's body and sometimes it looks like a dance .

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 30, 2014, 01:31:42 pm »
You see...I don't know what I'm talking about. I know so little of what I'm talking about that I couldn't have deliberately chosen this particular article: http://gaydowntownla.tripod.com/id26.html and chosen the specific comment quoted from no less an authority of LGBT life than Harvard Law School-educated Keith Boykin to illustrate exactly what I've been saying so long about the seX-Men because....how could I - a (n)ignoramous - be capable of constructing an argument that is practically irrefutable?

Here is Mr. Boykin's comment again:  The primacy of whiteness in the gay community often manifests as internalized racism. In “No blacks allowed,” Keith Boykin argues that “in a culture that devalues black males and elevates white males,” black men deal with issues of self-hatred that white men do not. Boykin argues that this racial self-hatred makes gay black men see other gay black men as unsuitable sexual partners and white males as ultimate sexual partners.

In the realm of Marvel Comics, where have we seen black male (mutants) devalued and white male (mutants) elevated?

Where have we seen time and again, mutant women of color enamored with, intimate with and ostensibly pleased as punch to be with a white male (mutant)?

Aside from the mutant Nekra, (who hated every living being except for a white racist whom she fell in love with and was eventually murdered by), have we seen a black female character seemingly so angry with everyone except for a white male mutant whom she idolized and another white male mutant for whom she developed loving feelings for?

Where else in Marvel Comics has a black male character descended from the ranks of hero to insane baby killer?

Where else in Marvel Comics have we seen black male (mutants) depowered or destroyed while a black male homosexual realizes this dream: "...this racial self-hatred makes gay black men see other gay black men as unsuitable sexual partners and white males as ultimate sexual partners." entering into marriage with a white male (mutant) superhero while a black King's heterosexual marriage to his black Queen - who also is viewed by some, the premier female character in this "realm of Marvel Comics" - is destroyed to the delight of the fanatics of the characters of that realm of Marvel Comics?

But I don't know what I'm talking about.

One more thing...and it will be the last thing said regarding a particular member of this forum. A Great Black Woman once said: "The worth of a race must be measured by the character of its womanhood." This character Maxine Shaw...Maximus Stupiditis...isn't worth another tap tap of my keyboard. The nerve...calling me a homophobe. I have lived in fear for years because my closest friend - a homosexual - whom I've known since elementary school has been HIV positive since the 1980s and thankful for every year I've had him since having lost a mutual friend and a beloved Cousin to AIDS.

I don't need this.

Keep up the fight, Mr. MajestiK.

sinjection, out.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 02:11:12 pm by sinjection1 »
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

Offline sinjection1

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 30, 2014, 01:44:58 pm »
I don't agree with some of what Sinjection said regarding the story, but don't care enough about it to defend it.

Will wonders never cease? I - and some others - don't agree with your opinion that Ororo was written down to prop up Shuri and while I quickly came to not care enough about your assertions, I have and will politely respond with a "No she wasn't." when you say she was.
Mr. MajestiK, I like your style. You are the wiser, calmer, more articulate second coming of sinjection to "that other place". You do me proud.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 30, 2014, 02:46:04 pm »

In fact? The old skool BJJ guys knew that fact so well that they wholesale lifted it from Capoeira...and that's a major part [ not the only part but a major part ] of how the "flow" and transition game of bjj came about.

It's a fascinating fighting style that seems to evolve from being able to unravel your body from bondage, and flexing your body to strike vulnerable targets on the opponent's body and sometimes it looks like a dance .

The style of Kaapwera/Kipura/other African names predates the coming of the slaver by centuries. It's part and parcel of the African martial arts that had the whole world on fire in awe and in fear of its practitioners. Weapons of all sorts are the common currency of the Montu [ African martial arts ] practitioners and many legendary warriors, armies and individual practitioners have practiced the African martial arts...inclusive of Capeira.

The most famous and absolutely the greatest...and imo the very best, as well...practitioner of Kaapwera is Queen Nzinga Mbanda of the Mbundu and Ngongo. The Mbundu are the Africans who introduced the Portuguese to the martial art that the Portuguese would miscall "Capoeira"...after the Portrtuguese invaded the land of the Mbundu. The Portuguese misunderstood and mispronounced the Mbundu word for the OFFICE of their Constitutional Monarch..."ngolo"...and through their colossal ignorance thought that the Mbundu were saying ANGOLA and were referring to their land.

That's how we got the word ANGOLA and that's how the country of ANGOLA became a colonial property in the first place.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 30, 2014, 03:14:04 pm »
You can't be serious.

Yup; that's how I read it when I read that back when it was first written.  (Back then, they didn't make those kind of girl-on-girl jokes.  Back then, they barely acknowledged that existed.)

I read those that story when I was in my teens and was worldly wise aware enough to pick up on the sexual innuendo laden subtext of a lot of the stuff Claremont was pushing through the X-book even back then.

Claremont himself is rumoured to be heavily into the S&M scene in his personal life so it really shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone that he had a tendency to X-plore related themes within the X-book he was writing at the time.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 30, 2014, 04:32:11 pm »

In fact? The old skool BJJ guys knew that fact so well that they wholesale lifted it from Capoeira...and that's a major part [ not the only part but a major part ] of how the "flow" and transition game of bjj came about.

The style of Kaapwera/Kipura/other African names predates the coming of the slaver by centuries. It's part and parcel of the African martial arts that had the whole world on fire in awe and in fear of its practitioners. Weapons of all sorts are the common currency of the Montu [ African martial arts ] practitioners and many legendary warriors, armies and individual practitioners have practiced the African martial arts...inclusive of Capeira.

The most famous and absolutely the greatest...and imo the very best, as well...practitioner of Kaapwera is Queen Nzinga Mbanda of the Mbundu and Ngongo. The Mbundu are the Africans who introduced the Portuguese to the martial art that the Portuguese would miscall "Capoeira"...after the Portrtuguese invaded the land of the Mbundu. The Portuguese misunderstood and mispronounced the Mbundu word for the OFFICE of their Constitutional Monarch..."ngolo"...and through their colossal ignorance thought that the Mbundu were saying ANGOLA and were referring to their land.

That's how we got the word ANGOLA and that's how the country of ANGOLA became a colonial property in the first place.

So, the correct pronunciation is Kaapwera...? ...and bastardized by the invading Portuguese?
...and the fighting style was already mastered in Mbundu before the slavers arrived?
Bless you, Supreme.  :)

I learn something new every time I visit HEF.  That's why I greatly appreciate communicating with you folks.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 30, 2014, 04:34:39 pm »
Claremont himself is rumoured to be heavily into the S&M scene in his personal life so it really shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone that he had a tendency to X-plore related themes within the X-book he was writing at the time.

That explains everything!   :)

Thanks for the info.