Author Topic: 200+ Nigerian girls kidnapped  (Read 6652 times)

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: 200+ Nigerian girls kidnapped
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2014, 08:36:23 am »
Thanks for posting this article. Very helpful information to better understand what's going on today, why the girls have not been located. They also apparently have been split up, which makes it even harder. Also I imagine anyone in the north who has seen any of the girls either sympathize with Boco Haram or is afraid to tell the authoriities.

One question I have is:  If there was advance knowledge of an attack, why were the girls allowed to congregate in that location for their test? Was the advance information indefinite, a mere suspicion or concern, or in northern Nigeria are some in the military or government Boko Haram sympathizers?  Either because of ideology, because they are betting on the winning horse, or playing both sides out of pragmatism.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:53:27 am by michaelintp »
"I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain."
- James Baldwin
"Still ... they fear once their hates are gone, they'll have to deal with their own self-pain."
- Olivia Godfrey, Hemlock Grove

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 01:08:46 pm »
Remember #BringBackOurGirls? This Is What Has Happened In The 5 Months Since
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/14/nigeria-girls-kidnapped-5-months_n_5791622.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000046&ir=Women

... the short answer is ... nothing good.

So much for hash tags and hand-held placards.   :(

"I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain."
- James Baldwin
"Still ... they fear once their hates are gone, they'll have to deal with their own self-pain."

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2014, 04:48:41 am »
I didn't expect any great action after the first 48 hours of their abduction. I surely didn't expect them to be rescued in spite of all the media hype it gained back then.

It took six years for Ingrid Betancourt to be rescued from the FARC in Colombia. That was just one woman. To safely rescue 220 girls after all this time is nothing short of a miracle. According to this RAND article (remember these guys? They designed the M-16 rifle for the G.I's in the Vietnam War) the death of hostages happened SEVENTY-NINE percent of the time in rescue operations. Can you image the logistics of safely rescuing 220 girls with those odds?

http://www.rand.org/blog/2014/05/nigerias-inescapable-burden.html

It's going to be a long one. No amount of hashtags are going to create a miracle.
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2015, 04:11:09 pm »
Has there been any more attention brought to this horrible crime?  Seems like the media has forgotten this and they have buried the story worldwide.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2015, 05:49:40 pm »
Has there been any more attention brought to this horrible crime?  Seems like the media has forgotten this and they have buried the story worldwide.

Actually, there was an update weeks ago.  The majority of the girls converted over to Islam against their will.

Some of them became wives to their captors.

...and some, child bearers against their will to their captors.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2015, 05:37:41 pm »
There have been more abductions and deaths since then. So it's no longer just about 'Bring Back Our Girls". Boko Haram has become a regional threat. The World is aware of this. Carry on.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 05:58:33 pm by Open palm »
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2015, 05:58:40 pm »
Unfortunately, the world is "aware" of a lot of things. Translation into meaningful action by world leaders is quite another thing altogether.

I'm not holding my breath.

Capitulation and appeasement appear to be the order of the day.
- James Baldwin

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2015, 06:28:00 pm »
What were we all expecting to happen days after the news first broke? I already mentioned the chances of rescuing all those girls were slim and that was months ago. Since then Boko Haram has continued its brutal actions but we were still hooked on 'Bring Back Our Girls'? Nigeria's neighbors are already organizing against them. Nigeria had to deal with an election along with other national problems. This isn't a media-induced crusade. This is happening in a region that has millions of people dealing with life.

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2015, 06:03:33 pm »
In case anybody wonders, hundreds of kidnapped Nigerian women and children were rescued in a joint effort by the Nigerian military. They aren't the same abducted girls from last year but at least they've rescued some victims. You can get the details from the news.

Carry on.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2016, 06:36:47 am »
Nigerian Girl Kidnapped By Boko Haram Found
by Stephanie Busari & Tim Hume

(Nigeria, Africa) - When Amina Ali Nkeki was kidnapped by the Nigerian terrorist group Boko Haram more than two years ago, she was a mere schoolgirl.

On Tuesday night, she apparently wandered out of a forest, asking for help, accompanied by a baby and a man who claimed to be her husband, according to witnesses and CNN.

Amina Ali is the first of the more than 200 Chibok schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram to be freed after the two years in captivity, Nigerian military officials say.

Would You Like To Know More?
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/18/africa/nigeria-chibok-girl-found/
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 02:52:39 pm by Battle »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2017, 05:12:48 am »
Doesn't White House Chief of Staff, john kelly resemble Duncan Hughes leader of the North Sea Alliance from Sid Meier's Beyond Earth, Rising Tide?

4 well trained U.S. soldiers were ambushed in a questionable mission in Niger, Africa very, very far from home and no one in the emperor puppetine administration  had answers for two weeks until the media brought the incident to National attention.

The worst part (trust me, there's more to come!) is that the black man in the unit was abandoned and left for dead for 2 days!

Remember when the republicans made a big fu__kin' deal about what happened in Benghazi the very second it went down and used that incident against Hillary for years and years only to find out that the FBI investigation concluded: INCONCLUSIVE  during her presidential campaign run? 

Many believed that the Benghazi FBI investigation ruined her chances to be elected the first woman U.S. President.

What's the f__ckin' excuse that the puppetine administration could use regarding the Niger ambush?!?

"...he knew what he was signing up for.."?

The same logic applies to someone who dodged the draft when he was elgible to serve his country and with absolutely zero experience in governing, who cheated with the assistance of a foreign power to win a presidential election just to get a huuuu-u-u-ge tax cut only to be investigated by the FBI while in office,

"...he knew what he was signing up for!"

Makes me wanna setup up a quick domination game of Sid Meier's Beyond Earth, Rising Tide on my desktop of 3 players featuring 2 computer opponents:

Me teaming up with Kavitha Thakur against Duncan Hughes and beating his azz mercilessly for looking just like the living strawman, general john kelly.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:42:40 pm by Battle »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2017, 07:55:14 am »
As this investigation of the 'ambush' in Niger resulting in 4 U.S. soldiers getting killed in action and one left behind for dead clocked at nearly 3 days proceed, I may not know the particulars of the case, however, here's what I do know:

Every single service member (of color) in all branches of the military, male or female (and transgender) are conditioned to deal with most hostilities and prickly attitudes but the one thing that is difficult to deal with that they are all aware of is...

- - - the double cross within their own ranks, usually almost always racially motivated.

This is not a 'conspiracy theory' but a known fact.

The American people who are all concerned want to know:

Were these fine gentlemen double crossed from within their own chain of command?
Any U.S. officials involved should start their investigation there.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:39:00 pm by Battle »