Author Topic: Terry Crews' MANHOOD gives props to Reggie Hudlin!  (Read 2126 times)

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
Terry Crews' MANHOOD gives props to Reggie Hudlin!
« on: June 11, 2014, 04:46:00 pm »
Even when I had the chance to work with Reginald Hudlin, who’d become like a mentor to me after seeing my film, Young Boys, Inc., I couldn’t relax. He put me in a movie called Serving Sara, starring Matthew Perry. Because this was my first job acting for Reginald, and he was my friend and my mentor, I pulled him aside, literally, after every scene.
“How was that?”
“How was that?”
“How was that?”
Finally, he wasn’t playing anymore. “Terry, if I said ‘cut,’ it was good,” he said, sounding irritated.
I suddenly got how much I’d been bugging him. I hadn’t meant to, but I didn’t believe he was telling me the truth when he said I was good. Part of being such an extreme perfectionist was that I never trusted any compliment I was given, and I was always fishing for more. If two people said I did a good job, then I needed five people to say I was good. It could go on to infinity. And, ultimately, it was a losing game. I doubted everything I did. I wanted to be good so badly that I went over my lines until I was delirious. On top of that, I was such a pleaser that I would never make any suggestions to a director or question anything I was told. Even if I wasn’t qualified to do a stunt, I did it. I felt like my job was to do whatever I was told, no matter how crazy. “Whatever you tell me, I’ll do,” I said.

- Terry Crews (2014-05-20T00:00:00+00:00). Manhood (Kindle Locations 2657-2662). Random House Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 04:48:36 pm by Maxine Shaw »
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Crews' MANHOOD gives props to Reggie Hudlin!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 05:25:14 pm »
Saw Mr. Crews on NBC's Today this morning shooting hoops with the morning cast!

I know exactly how Mr. Crews feel, too!  ;D

It's hard not to appreciate Mr. Hudlin's openess; Once you make a connection with him with something you may have in common with him, and you're able to collaborate on a project, you want to make certain 100% that you're doing it right. So, you find yourself asking him the same question over and over and over again,

"How's this?"
"Did I do it right?"
"What about...?"

...and I don't care what anybody says, I still believe that Terry Crews would make a great Luke Cage, Power Man.

Offline Maxine Shaw

• HEF Attorney-at-LOL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 07:52:15 pm »
...and I don't care what anybody says, I still believe that Terry Crews would make a great Luke Cage, Power Man.

Oh, absolutely. He's like Djimon as Black Panther - can't imagine anybody else, even though they're too old to play the role today. Crews also wrote that he had his hopes set on being BA Baracus in the A-Team remake. I hope whoever made THAT mistake is washing cars to this day.

The book itself is a really good warts-and-all read. Dude had a lot of demons, and I'm really glad how he was able to seek the help he needed.
She wanted attention and that's what she got. - more words of wisdom from HEF's favorite rape apologist TripleX

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 06:53:09 am »
Terry is one of the best human beings I know.  To know Terry is to love Terry.  I don't know anyone who knows him who doesn't love him.  He is a great family man, the hardest working guy ever, and...I could just go on and on.  I'd work with him under any circumstances.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 04:45:18 pm »
I'm getting a kick outta watching Terry Crews host, 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?'   :)