Author Topic: Reginald Hudlin - the feminists' enemy  (Read 27712 times)

Jenn

Reginald Hudlin - the feminists' enemy
« on: January 12, 2007, 11:11:45 pm »
Note: by "feminist" I mean 'whiny upper class white women and the ilk they've hypnotized into sheer stupidness'

Seriously, though. What is it about T'Challa that seems to piss off random white women? How can anyone say with a straight face that a man who asked his wife to marry him THREE TIMES is a chauvinist?

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Reginald Hudlin - the feminists' enemy
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 12:49:42 am »
I'd like to see the statistics behind that.  :-[
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 12:53:47 am »
I'd like to see the statistics behind that.  :-[

Being comic readers, are they fine?  ;)

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline sharcque

• I'm kinda old, but chicks still dig me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 01:01:17 am »
How many upper class white women read comics?  And how many of those read Black Panther?  I know that my LCS (Marvelous's store) is just full of white women wearing lots of expensive jewelry and furs.  In fact, they send their driver/butler in to pick up their comics, and BP is in every one of them's pull list.

You're reaching with this one.

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 01:03:15 am »
How many upper class white women read comics?  And how many of those read Black Panther?  I know that my LCS (Marvelous's store) is just full of white women wearing lots of expensive jewelry and furs.  In fact, they send their driver/butler in to pick up their comics, and BP is in every one of them's pull list.

I just got called out!  8)

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 01:50:07 am »
When are the "feminists", especially the "black feminists", going to get curb-stomped?

I remember I had a discussion of sorts with a self-proclaimed feminist over at SHH! I just can't get into the heads of these men and women who believe that Black Panther is a male chauvanist all of a sudden, no wonder the "feminists" are infamous for hating anything male. Other than my friend over at SHH! I've had little, if any, contact with a "feminist".

Thank you Buddha I don't haunt message boards as much these days.

...Rassclaat.

Jenn

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 02:48:24 am »

I was actually referring to the feminist movement. Which was followed by "Seriously, though." Keep up, son.

Other than my friend over at SHH! I've had little, if any, contact with a "feminist".

Consider yourself lucky. If I have to put up with "Like, OMG! How can you possibly like that book! It's sooooooo sexist amirite!!!111???///" I may have to choke a bitch.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 02:50:53 am by Dora Milaje »

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 06:05:57 am »
Is this like bizaroo world, Wolverine lusting and womanizing and the x writers who use the x women for a harem is cool, but a man asking and marrying a women is sexist? What part is sexist, that instead of being a potential leader of a militia team, she gets to be a head of state doing the same thing but official and in a bigger scale. I get what you are saying dora, how western in their thinking. Because they feel that storm as she was portrayed before as the mammy like leader of the xmen she was good, strong and dateless. Now that she has the nerve to be selfish and think of her self for a change she is being exploited. I actually think your metaphor was dead on. The feminist would want a black women to fit the role they want her in in the case of the feminist a cross between angela davis and maya angelo. Never mind the fact that their is a little tameka, shameka in storm. She is a black women in america for goodness sake.

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 07:11:36 am »
Is this like bizaroo world, Wolverine lusting and womanizing and the x writers who use the x women for a harem is cool, but a man asking and marrying a women is sexist? What part is sexist, that instead of being a potential leader of a militia team, she gets to be a head of state doing the same thing but official and in a bigger scale. I get what you are saying dora, how western in their thinking. Because they feel that storm as she was portrayed before as the mammy like leader of the xmen she was good, strong and dateless. Now that she has the nerve to be selfish and think of her self for a change she is being exploited. I actually think your metaphor was dead on. The feminist would want a black women to fit the role they want her in in the case of the feminist a cross between angela davis and maya angelo. Never mind the fact that their is a little tameka, shameka in storm. She is a black women in america for goodness sake.

"You are a Goddess, act like one" to Monica

"You are my wife, we will make this decision together" to Storm

The thing I like about the Panther character is his class, he has nothing but respect for ladies.  The only lady I saw him even be close to rude to was Shuri, and that was just him being big brother.  Just more silliness from the outside boards.
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 07:36:39 am »
I can give you some possible"feminist" responses, but realize that this is NOT MY OPINION, BELIEF OR WHATNOT.  (Don't kill the messenger.)

A)  Blue Zulu called Storm "Dateless."  In the feminist rhertoric, that means, "I'm a woman; I don't need a man."

B)  In some feminist circles, Marriage is the epitome of masculine control and domination over women.  Asking Storm to marry him 3 times is actually more chavanistic then not.  (Again, this isn't my belief.)

Jenn

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 08:21:41 am »
I do see flashes of sexism in T'Challa - with Shuri, for instance, and in #19 w/Storm. However, I think there's a difference between a man w/sexist tendencies and a true sexist, who would've replied "f*ck you, bitch! You ain't sh*t!" when Storm didn't just piss herself with glee the second he proposed. I think he's coming from a place of "I will protect you", not "you are beneath me", which is the core belief of a true chauvinist. T'Challa's line of thinking is more immature than anything.

I get what you are saying dora, how western in their thinking. Because they feel that storm as she was portrayed before as the mammy like leader of the xmen she was good, strong and dateless. Now that she has the nerve to be selfish and think of her self for a change she is being exploited. I actually think your metaphor was dead on. The feminist would want a black women to fit the role they want her in in the case of the feminist a cross between angela davis and maya angelo. Never mind the fact that their is a little tameka, shameka in storm.

*snort* But that would mean she's acting like an...AFRICAN-AMERICAN FEMALE!!!! Perish the thought!!! I knew my time with the regular Storm "fans" was coming to an end when they were calling Storm a "slut" and a "whore" after #15. I'm like "Hey, even if this was rash behavior and out of character for Storm, ever stop to think that SHE MIGHT HAVE BEEN HORNY?" Which of course, was just not an option.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 08:25:36 am by Dora Milaje »

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 01:26:50 am »
I can give you some possible"feminist" responses, but realize that this is NOT MY OPINION, BELIEF OR WHATNOT.  (Don't kill the messenger.)

A)  Blue Zulu called Storm "Dateless."  In the feminist rhertoric, that means, "I'm a woman; I don't need a man."

B)  In some feminist circles, Marriage is the epitome of masculine control and domination over women.  Asking Storm to marry him 3 times is actually more chavanistic then not.  (Again, this isn't my belief.)

But Storm was willing to marry Forge when he first proposed.  ??? Don't tell me they overlooked that.  ::)
Do you prefer a hero who will confirm your deepest fears? Or a hero who will inspire faith in humanity and goodness?

Offline Open palm

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 03:46:35 am »
OT: Anybody catch the recent news on the Air Force sergeant who posed nude for Playboy? She said she doesn't regret it and she's married too. What do the feminists say about that, eh?  ::)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 06:07:33 am »

But Storm was willing to marry Forge when he first proposed.  ??? Don't tell me they overlooked that.  ::)

The diehard feminists would have been against it, but remember 3 things.  a)  that happened before the internet community of complaining about every single thing that happens in comics, so who knows who was griping in their comic stores.  b) she never did get married; being willing and getting married are 2 different things.  c) Diehard feminists aren't the main ones complaining.  The main complainers are the diehard x-philoes who won't accept Storm marrying outside the x-books.  If BP came from an x-title or was a mutant himself, there wouldn't be half the complaints there are now.  But BP is from Avengers and FF side of Marvel and you know that side is inferior to the mutant side of Marvel.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 06:10:25 am »
OT: Anybody catch the recent news on the Air Force sergeant who posed nude for Playboy? She said she doesn't regret it and she's married too. What do the feminists say about that, eh?  ::)

Oh, I've heard those comments quite a few times--a) the woman has be "bewitched" by the male-dominated views of woman.  b) she is just adding to the problem of the exploitation of women.  She's a traitor to her gender.