Author Topic: Reginald Hudlin - the feminists' enemy  (Read 27237 times)

Offline zeraze

• View Profile
Re: Reginald Hudlin - the feminists' enemy
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 06:34:37 am »
When are the "feminists", especially the "black feminists", going to get curb-stomped?

I remember I had a discussion of sorts with a self-proclaimed feminist over at SHH! I just can't get into the heads of these men and women who believe that Black Panther is a male chauvanist all of a sudden, no wonder the "feminists" are infamous for hating anything male. Other than my friend over at SHH! I've had little, if any, contact with a "feminist".

Man, I thought I was the only one who encountered nutjobs like the White feminists you described.  I first bumped into one of these fanatics over a thread on Tamora Pierce (White Tiger).

But this poster "kitty tc" I got into a debate with took the cake:  http://forum.newsarama.com/showpost.php?p=2928955&postcount=49

The lady's so out there that I didn't even bother responding beyond that point.

No wonder the feminazi stereotype is so durable.  You've got too many White women who belief "marriage = slavery," thus turning off everybody.

I understand now why Reggie had this segment add to the Rules of the HEF

Being a white woman or being white gay male doesn’t give you special insights into racial matters.

zeraze
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 06:38:38 am by zeraze »
"The eyes of the future are looking back at us and they are praying for us to see beyond our own time."

- Terry Tempest Williams

Jenn

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 06:40:27 am »
Oh, I've heard those comments quite a few times--a) the woman has be "bewitched" by the male-dominated views of woman.  b) she is just adding to the problem of the exploitation of women.  She's a traitor to her gender.

As opposed to these whiny ass feminists, who want all women to believe that we're all tools of the patriarchy, that all men are scum, and that all women are victims.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 11:37:33 am »
Personally i find this thread more than a little on the racist side.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 12:27:08 pm »

hmmm...first, it was the "Black Superhero Team" thread that some suggested smacked of racism and now, this thread has been labeled likewise.

With apologies to the late, great Marvin Gaye, I have to ask, "What's Goin' On?"
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

GrimSkill

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 12:33:06 pm »

hmmm...first, it was the "Black Superhero Team" thread that some suggested smacked of racism and now, this thread has been labeled likewise.

With apologies to the late, great Marvin Gaye, I have to ask, "What's Goin' On?"

Simple Sinjection....the HEF Board is infested with them there critters called.....TROLLS :-\

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007, 12:47:22 pm »
-------------------------
Sorry you feel that way. But please give your points as we welcome all sides here. Maybe it is a point of view we are not considering although some regular posters seem to not support dora's view. Why do you think the way you do?

Jenn

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2007, 02:18:38 pm »

And?

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 06:59:41 pm »

and x 2 :D

Offline D- Ruck

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2007, 07:08:23 pm »

and x 2 :D

I see your ands and raise you a "so what?"
"Playa Hatas

Elevate us

If you Cross Me

You'll Die"

Wise Lebron

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2007, 07:37:07 pm »

I would actually be somewhat interested in Princesa elaborating upon her perspective.As I understand it,this thread is basically a sarcastic stab at the concept that RH BP is anti-woman...as none of us here (or,rather,most of us here whom have voiced an opinion on the matter,including myself) actually believe that this series has in any way given substance to such a claim.And,of course,no matter how virulent the feminist is nor how zealous,we all must agree that by definition feminism is NOT racism...

...so perhaps Princesa has read the POSTS IN THIS THREAD and concluded that one/some/several/many/most of the posts herein are racist.If so...then I would like to know how.Intelligent dissent is one thing (blkyoda springs to mind,among others,for example) and even several posts by people whom we otherwise staunchly disagree with (such as lovecrafty,and Action Jackson,for example) have made valid points or at least points worth considering.Hopefully Princesa will be able to contribute something of worth and value...unlike the many trolls from I believe places like herochat,Newsrama,Foolishmortals.com,or whatever.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 07:39:34 pm »
No wonder the feminazi stereotype is so durable.  You've got too many White women who belief "marriage = slavery," thus turning off everybody.

Agreed. I think that also because their have a fanboy vision of Storm that isn't being fulfilled. That's why they make stuff up about Storm being turned from a Goddess, an X-Man and a warrior into a trophy wife(who has a knack for adventure). They wouldn't feel that way had it been Forge, Wolverine, Gambit, Kitty, or the dirt in her greenhouse.

::)

Y'know there's a saying that says: If you threw stones in a room full of dogs, the ones who got hit the hardest are going to yell the loudest. Time and time again HEFs are being charged with being "a little on the racist side" because we don't subsribe to "I've got a good friend with your skin color so I'm not racist, however..." cushion for discussions.

Bitch please, if you are not a crackerasscracker then STFU no one is talking about you, if you're not a negroassnegro then STFU no one mentioned you, and if you're not a silly "feminist" then STFU because you aren't the focus of the discussion.
...Rassclaat.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 08:12:54 pm »

Agreed. I think that also because their have a fanboy vision of Storm that isn't being fulfilled. That's why they make stuff up about Storm being turned from a Goddess, an X-Man and a warrior into a trophy wife(who has a knack for adventure). They wouldn't feel that way had it been Forge, Wolverine, Gambit, Kitty, or the dirt in her greenhouse.

::)

Y'know there's a saying that says: If you threw stones in a room full of dogs, the ones who got hit the hardest are going to yell the loudest. Time and time again HEFs are being charged with being "a little on the racist side" because we don't subsribe to "I've got a good friend with your skin color so I'm not racist, however..." cushion for discussions.

Bitch please, if you are not a crackerasscracker then STFU no one is talking about you, if you're not a negroassnegro then STFU no one mentioned you, and if you're not a silly "feminist" then STFU because you aren't the focus of the discussion.

hahahahaha,Toya has some of the most potent posts I have had the pleasure to read,and her razor wit and penetrating perspectives are all the more astounding because of her youth.Our darling Toya is what...three? Hahahahaha! No,j/k...props to you,Toya.

but I wonder if Princesa will ever return to this forum or this thread? Perhaps not.But I remain sincere in wanting to know her perspective on this issue...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2007, 08:31:24 pm »
YOIKS!!!!  :o

In recent days, I've seen Mastrmynd use stronger words then he usually does to express his well-justified indignation with the idea that the formation of a superhero team comprised primarily if not solely, of black characters was essentially racism in reverse.

The always calm, collected and scholarly supreme who NEVER has an ill word for anyone, was moved to urge we, his fellow HEFmates, to ignore a board participant who is very likely a troll...and not even a friendly troll like Wolverine.

And now, our dear Toya. Always calm, collected and "as cool as the other side of the pillow". Toya breaks out with words hot enough to melt New York City.

I believe this sudden shortness of patience is because of the reaction of some board participants who believe that it is "reverse racism" if the word "black" is used as an identifier for one of the physical characteristics of superheroes banded together to further the cause of justice, when a reader of comic books could look at an issue of Astonishing X-Men for example, and find that with the exception of Thunderbird, all of the members of that superteam are white...or in the case of Nightcrawler, a blue-skinned mutant who happens to be German.

I believe this sudden shortness of patience is because of the reaction of some board participants who believe that it is "reverse racism" to identify those women most prominent in the feminist movement as white women when in fact, they are white. In my always humble opinion, Dora Milaje did not make that identification with hostile intentions.

I believe this sudden shortness of patience is because some board participants are too quick to dismiss any notion that a "Rocky" movie, the movie "Hoosiers", the movie "8-Mile", and the movie "Friday Night Lights" by their very nature, will appeal to the all-American penchant to root for the underdog which is then "spiced up" by the racial component - white "underdog" vs black "archtype of the ultimate man". I wonder if some of those posters who loved those movies would get the same thrill from the movie "Glory Road".
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2007, 08:53:05 pm »
I wonder if some of those posters who loved those movies would get the same thrill from the movie "Glory Road".

loved glory road liked rocky III and IV. personally glory road ranks as one of my fav basketball movies right behind coach carter

Jenn

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2007, 09:44:29 pm »
"Glory Road" is great! But nothing beats "Remember the Titans".