Author Topic: Reginald Hudlin - the feminists' enemy  (Read 27240 times)

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
Re: Reginald Hudlin - the feminists' enemy
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2007, 10:41:34 pm »
No wonder the feminazi stereotype is so durable.  You've got too many White women who belief "marriage = slavery," thus turning off everybody.

Agreed. I think that also because their have a fanboy vision of Storm that isn't being fulfilled. That's why they make stuff up about Storm being turned from a Goddess, an X-Man and a warrior into a trophy wife(who has a knack for adventure). They wouldn't feel that way had it been Forge, Wolverine, Gambit, Kitty, or the dirt in her greenhouse.

Personally i find this thread more than a little on the racist side.
::)

Y'know there's a saying that says: If you threw stones in a room full of dogs, the ones who got hit the hardest are going to yell the loudest. Time and time again HEFs are being charged with being "a little on the racist side" because we don't subsribe to "I've got a good friend with your skin color so I'm not racist, however..." cushion for discussions.

Bitch please, if you are not a crackerasscracker then STFU no one is talking about you, if you're not a negroassnegro then STFU no one mentioned you, and if you're not a silly "feminist" then STFU because you aren't the focus of the discussion.

OH GAWD!!!! You got me rollin' my seat reading this, Toya!  :D

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2007, 10:45:17 pm »
Is this like bizaroo world, Wolverine lusting and womanizing and the x writers who use the x women for a harem is cool, but a man asking and marrying a women is sexist? What part is sexist, that instead of being a potential leader of a militia team, she gets to be a head of state doing the same thing but official and in a bigger scale. I get what you are saying dora, how western in their thinking. Because they feel that storm as she was portrayed before as the mammy like leader of the xmen she was good, strong and dateless. Now that she has the nerve to be selfish and think of her self for a change she is being exploited. I actually think your metaphor was dead on. The feminist would want a black women to fit the role they want her in in the case of the feminist a cross between angela davis and maya angelo. Never mind the fact that their is a little tameka, shameka in storm. She is a black women in america for goodness sake.

"You are a Goddess, act like one" to Monica

"You are my wife, we will make this decision together" to Storm

The thing I like about the Panther character is his class, he has nothing but respect for ladies.  The only lady I saw him even be close to rude to was Shuri, and that was just him being big brother.  Just more silliness from the outside boards.

And let's not forget that BP was about to smack up the Fu Manchu guy (sorry, I don't remember what he was actually called) when he was out with Luke Cage in the "Bride of the Panther" arc? Shang Chi's sister got slapped by her father and T'Challa was about to go through all the Fu Manchu's guards to get to him.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 11:18:37 pm by Evasive1 »

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2007, 11:06:40 pm »
"Glory Road" is great! But nothing beats "Remember the Titans".

Loved me some REMEMBER THE TITANS...
YOIKS!!!!  :o

In recent days, I've seen Mastrmynd use stronger words then he usually does to express his well-justified indignation with the idea that the formation of a superhero team comprised primarily if not solely, of black characters was essentially racism in reverse.

The always calm, collected and scholarly supreme who NEVER has an ill word for anyone, was moved to urge we, his fellow HEFmates, to ignore a board participant who is very likely a troll...and not even a friendly troll like Wolverine.

And now, our dear Toya. Always calm, collected and "as cool as the other side of the pillow". Toya breaks out with words hot enough to melt New York City.

I believe this sudden shortness of patience is because of the reaction of some board participants who believe that it is "reverse racism" if the word "black" is used as an identifier for one of the physical characteristics of superheroes banded together to further the cause of justice, when a reader of comic books could look at an issue of Astonishing X-Men for example, and find that with the exception of Thunderbird, all of the members of that superteam are white...or in the case of Nightcrawler, a blue-skinned mutant who happens to be German.

I believe this sudden shortness of patience is because of the reaction of some board participants who believe that it is "reverse racism" to identify those women most prominent in the feminist movement as white women when in fact, they are white. In my always humble opinion, Dora Milaje did not make that identification with hostile intentions.

I believe this sudden shortness of patience is because some board participants are too quick to dismiss any notion that a "Rocky" movie, the movie "Hoosiers", the movie "8-Mile", and the movie "Friday Night Lights" by their very nature, will appeal to the all-American penchant to root for the underdog which is then "spiced up" by the racial component - white "underdog" vs black "archtype of the ultimate man". I wonder if some of those posters who loved those movies would get the same thrill from the movie "Glory Road".

I concur that I have been less patient with those individuals whom have infested our board and whom proclaim to wish one thing--a discussion or question about a particular topic--and then proceed to leap from one post to another,one issue to another,without resolution or surcease,apparently for the primary purpose of fomenting dissent and fanning the passions that come along with the dissent.I'm all for a spirited civil debate on whatever topic,but clearly immature and two-faced posts wherein a poster such as Action Jackson or lovecrafty will proclaim one thing here and then completely mischaracterize the whole issue and cast aspersions,slurs and slams upon the various posters whom have responded to him elsewhere (like their home sites) then I simply can't see the value of interacting with them.If they signed on to this site to psot directly to and/or about BP,make various statements concerning their positions/perspectives,and then proceed to engage in discourse with the various differing and/or dissenting positions of the posters here,and expect a forever pleasant response to their oftentimes uninformed,ignorant,inaccurate contentions and accusations,then they are sadly mistaken.It's one thing to forecefully present one's opinions,have those opinions proven to be borne from literal ignorance--as in "not knowling",not lack of intelligence--and then ask for the CORRECT data,and rigorously analyze said information.It's an entirely different thing to truculently hold to positions already proven to be inaccurate,untrue and unfair,simply because one has to protect one's e-manhood.It's also another thing to loudly proclaim one's opinion--say,for instance,that RH sucks--mistake that opinion for fact,mistake a preference in style for a lack of quality writing,and then conclude that the majority or all of us HEFfers are racists because we don't subscribe to the same blind arrogant preposterousness that typifies posts that deal with this matter.In short,if you don't read the book,you don't know what the Hell you're talking about.You are literally,totally,entirely and indefensibly ignorant.If you decry the writing,well then...you HAD to read the book to have any form of justice in your claims,in which case I want to know what book you read and how you came to such a diametrically opposed opinion to the majority onsite and felt the need to express the perspective to those of us whom commune here.What has happened 100% of the time when this issue was raised is that the offender has been compelled by THE BOOK ITSELF to acknowledge that there is no factual basis for ANY claim the offenders make except that they just don't like RH's BP because they don't like it.Style preference.Period.Well then,if that's the case,aight cool...different strokes.Next topic.But that's not what occurs.The lovecrafty's and Action  Jacksons of the world go back to their home sites of FoolishMortals.com or whatever and proceed to defame HEF because we didn't instantly kowtow to their blathering ignorance..and voice all sorts of profane insults to their own insular crowd,while saying that we don't "walk the walk" when faced with the sentiments of others.Excuse me,but aren't the posts that have CIVILLY answered your LESS THAN CIVIL (in general) contentions,statements,and the like the most inarguable evidence that we walk the walk,talk the talk,dance the dance AND make the song? But no,instead they go back and act like elementary schoolers with their racist remarks,their colossal ignorance,and their wildly untrue flames.In short,they do repeatedly and with relish precisely what they claim that we do.If he or his ilk felt the way he did,then I felt that he should have voiced it directly to the person(s) whom have offended them or whom have excited their particular response.But pretending to remain "above the fray" here on HEF while constantly reforming and changing and altering his/their positions--without acknowledging the changes made,even when confronted with the direct evidence of previous quotes and posts that the person(s) in question authored--and then making the most profane commentary,the most scurrilous charges and more in the course of their juvenile chatter with the people on their home sites makes them simply beneath the time and energy and worthiness of receiving my disdain.Let it be known that--should they return to this site--they shall be powerfully ILLUMINATED and ousted,and should they somehow actually grow the nuts--or assume the suicidal tendency--of announcing aloud their inflammatory,provocative racist rhetoric in the presence of Black people IN THE FLESH,the results would be similarly illuminating...for they would be sporting "shiners" at the very least.

That is all I have to say on the matter,and I shall not discuss it again.

Trolls...you have been SUPREMELY ILLUMINATED.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2007, 05:17:39 am »
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

GrimSkill

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2007, 07:44:38 am »

TROLLS!!!!

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 08:10:30 am »
How is Princesa a troll? S/he has been posting here for a short while but hasn't been "trollish" from what I've seen. Don't be so paranoid.

...Rassclaat.

Offline BlackRodimus

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2007, 08:17:34 am »
How is Princesa a troll?

How ISN'T she? Why post such a comment and not explain herself? But hey, its her right, though, as is mine to post that pic in response.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 08:19:17 am by BPStorm4ever »

Offline BlackRodimus

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2007, 08:29:30 am »
Still, to actually ADD something to this convo...I don't see it. BP practically worships the ground Storm walks on, I don't see how that makes him anti-feminst or whatever. He always defers to her, too. Hudlin has made them an EXAMPLE of how a working couple, especially one who works TOGETHER, should act.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2007, 08:35:29 am »

How is Princesa a troll?

How ISN'T she? Why post such a comment and not explain herself? But hey, its her right, though, as is mine to post that pic in response.

You're right.
...Rassclaat.

Jenn

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2007, 09:00:57 am »
I agree. Don't throw a rock and run. You say some bold sh*t like that, you back it up.

And I'll see your

and raise you a...

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2007, 09:07:47 am »
I agree. Don't throw a rock and run. You say some bold sh*t like that, you back it up.

And I'll see your

and raise you a...

Damn you guys are harsh, leave o'girl alone.  She hasn't been a troll in the past and she often makes a brief comment and then rolls out. I mean yeah she threw a rock this time but one transgression doesn't make a troll.

I mean I could get into how SOME of you have troll-like tendencies up in this piece but I don't roll like that unless I'm trying to get rid of you permanently. ::)

GrimSkill

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2007, 09:45:30 am »

And I'll see your

and raise you a...

MAMMY!!!

Offline Ammar

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2007, 10:22:08 am »
I don't get it

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2007, 10:59:36 am »
I don't get it
----------------------------
lmaof. :D

Jenn

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2007, 11:56:15 am »
Damn you guys are harsh, leave o'girl alone.  She hasn't been a troll in the past and she often makes a brief comment and then rolls out. I mean yeah she threw a rock this time but one transgression doesn't make a troll.

I mean I could get into how SOME of you have troll-like tendencies up in this piece but I don't roll like that unless I'm trying to get rid of you permanently. ::)

She called this thread racist. I can't really take her seriously. But we're just playin' man! :)