Author Topic: Black Panther vs Apollo Creed  (Read 30993 times)

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
Black Panther vs Apollo Creed
« on: January 13, 2007, 01:46:59 pm »
 ;)

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Black Panther vs Apollo Creed
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 03:16:13 pm »
If Apollo fought the Panther while wearing his All-American, "Mom's Apple Pie" red, white, and blue huggies, then it would be no contest. Clad in those togs, Creed would be the next best thing to Captain America. The larger comic book-buying demographic would DEMAND an Apollo Creed victory over the African king from a racist, xenophobic nation who has a name reminiscent of a black American "hate group".

Of course, it's fine with the larger comic book-buying demographic when the patriotically-clad Apollo Creed can beat Rocky Balboa nearly to death and still wind up losing the fight in the end.

The Italian Stallion always trumps the Black Panther AND Apollo Creed where the larger comic book-buying demographic is concerned.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 03:20:53 pm by sinjection »
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 03:42:56 pm »
If Apollo fought the Panther while wearing his All-American, "Mom's Apple Pie" red, white, and blue huggies, then it would be no contest. Clad in those togs, Creed would be the next best thing to Captain America. The larger comic book-buying demographic would DEMAND an Apollo Creed victory over the African king from a racist, xenophobic nation who has a name reminiscent of a black American "hate group".

Of course, it's fine with the larger comic book-buying demographic when the patriotically-clad Apollo Creed can beat Rocky Balboa nearly to death and still wind up losing the fight in the end.

The Italian Stallion always trumps the Black Panther AND Apollo Creed where the larger comic book-buying demographic is concerned.

And then of course good ole Apollo corners Rocky in his fight with Clubber,wherein Rocky out-THINKS Apollo during the fight by proving that Rocky is a BETTER copy of the fighter whom Apollo is modeled after--ALI--because Rocky uses a version of the rope-a-dope to outwit Foreman/Liston---errrr,CLUBBER LANG--and beats Clubber.Exactly how ALI beat FOREMAN.Then Apollo commits the unforgivable sin of showing he's Rocky's EQUAL at the end of the movie (the double knock out they inflicted upon each other,thus officially splitting their record at 1-1-1) so that means that APOLLO gotta die for that,and here comes IVAN DRAGO.

Don't buy the hype that Carl Weathers would've OPTED OUT OF A GUARANTEED HIGH PROFILE with the Rocky franchise if the option was there.He would've tried to hang onto the guaranteed ROCKY check,while simultaneously trying to establish his own rising profile.Too bad it really didn't work out for him...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 04:57:28 pm »

And then of course good ole Apollo corners Rocky in his fight with Clubber,wherein Rocky out-THINKS Apollo during the fight by proving that Rocky is a BETTER copy of the fighter whom Apollo is modeled after--ALI--because Rocky uses a version of the rope-a-dope to outwit Foreman/Liston---errrr,CLUBBER LANG--and beats Clubber.Exactly how ALI beat FOREMAN.

Now supreme, we must remember what many members of the larger comic book-buying demographic and other non-comic book-buying members of their racial grouping think when considering what you've just discussed.

Of course the "Italian Stallion" is going to be able to absorb massive punishment deep into the latter rounds of a brutal championship boxing match with the split-image of Muhammad Ali - Apollo Creed - and have the physical and mental where-with-all to outfox and surpise Creed by suddenly "digging deep inside of himself", switching to "southpaw" and unleashing a withering body attack on Creed that exposes Creed's critical physical weakness which would lead to his ultimate defeat in their ill-fated rematch. Why? Because Elvis is the "King". Larry Bird is "Simply The Best" and eminem is the "savior" of Hip Hop kulture and rap music.

Anything black folks can somehow manage to do well, there is always a white person who is able to do it even better.
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 05:18:48 pm »
this is a dumb ass thread.

and did ali beat supes? i cant remember.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 08:22:36 pm »
this is a dumb ass thread.

and did ali beat supes? i cant remember.

ali got SMASHED,and that's how it SHOULD be,to be honest.

Now I wanna see SUPERMAN v the Milestone Superman...was that ICON or whatever?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 09:01:20 pm »
Ali beat Supes ass.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 09:09:12 pm »
Ali beat Supes ass.

Hahaha,REALLY?  I coulda sworn I remember a picture showing (the cover) where the two of them are charging one another,and then a panel (from the inside) where SUPES just laid a hella shot on Ali and sent Ali literally FLYING.Hahaha.woulda loved to have seen and read the whole thing,because I remember thinking even as a small child that ALI would get murdered by the Man of Steel...
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 09:18:39 pm »
Waitaminute,I remember now.Supes had his superpowers REMOVED some kinda way,and because of that Ali whooped off on him,and they teamed up to beat the aliens some kind of way.Supes wasn't as beat up as it looked like he was.Then Ali fought the alien dude,and whooped off on him.Or something.Right?
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 09:20:14 pm »
Waitaminute,I remember now.Supes had his superpowers REMOVED some kinda way,and because of that Ali whooped off on him,and they teamed up to beat the aliens some kind of way.Supes wasn't as beat up as it looked like he was.Then Ali fought the alien dude,and whooped off on him.Or something.Right?

Yep.  Well, Ali really did whip Supes ass, but beyond that, yeah, that's what happened.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 09:33:22 pm »

Yep.  Well, Ali really did whip Supes ass, but beyond that, yeah, that's what happened.

Hahahahahaha,thanx big dawg,I appreciate that,lol.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Jonathanos

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 10:23:38 pm »
*blinks*

I'm just going to assume the posts on how ROCKY was in part about proving black inferiority are joking.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 10:44:39 pm by Jonathanos »

Offline sharcque

• I'm kinda old, but chicks still dig me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 01:23:12 am »
*blinks*

I'm just going to assume the posts on how ROCKY was in part about proving black inferiority are joking.

Nope.  Not here.

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 05:17:59 am »
*blinks*

-------------------------------
Naw I think Stallone had to show just how bad a** rocky was by beating arc types of the baddest men on the planet at the time. One was the muhammad ali type and the second was the mike tyson type although rocky III was before tyson went pro and the fight against the russion was just propaganda. So yea the guys are reaching. Instead of hate stallone was giving us props by making us shown as the ultimate to have the itallion stallion come out on top.

Offline Jonathanos

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 09:53:57 am »
*blinks*

Nope.  Not here.

Then I just have to shake my head.