Author Topic: 24: The Chronicles of Jack Bauer  (Read 38942 times)

Offline Marvelous

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
Re: 24: The Chronicles of Jack Bauer
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2010, 12:12:45 pm »
New Season Tonight!  Set your DVaruhz!

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2010, 08:41:39 am »
I enjoyed the first two hours. I've lost interest in 24 since season 6, and watched S7 off and on, but this was a good start to S8. Looking forward to seeing what's next.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
  • You gots to have vision, Willie!
    • View Profile
    • PapiCatch22's Urban Suite
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2010, 10:02:41 am »
The first two hours were pretty good, can't wait to see what's in store tonight.  The challenge now is to sustain Jack's heroics over the entire time period, but somehow I think either Jack's going to die at the end of this day or he's going to become the head of CTU again.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 20, 2010, 07:44:19 am »
The first four hours has me in.  I love that the greatest threat comes from bureaucratic bullsh*t.  We can all relate to that.

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2010, 02:34:10 pm »
I'm in love with red haired FBI agent (sigh).

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 20, 2010, 03:43:00 pm »
I think I know the person she's based on.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #156 on: January 20, 2010, 04:15:16 pm »
thank u all for bringin' this thread back.
the first 4 hours are really good.
a good build up to get a conflicted jack back into action.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 20, 2010, 05:26:39 pm »
It's nice to start with a mellowed out, family man Jack.  We've had suicidal, stressed out Jack for a while.  Nice to switch it up.  But when he put his family in the SUV to the airport and walked back into CTU, you saw him throw a switch in his head and it was on. 

So who do you think dies this season?

Offline Sam Wilson

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 20, 2010, 06:07:15 pm »
I think I know the person she's based on.

? For real?

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2010, 06:51:54 pm »
It's nice to start with a mellowed out, family man Jack.  We've had suicidal, stressed out Jack for a while.  Nice to switch it up.  But when he put his family in the SUV to the airport and walked back into CTU, you saw him throw a switch in his head and it was on. 

I think Chole gets it this season.  She's been around too long and since they took out Bill last year...she's not safe in the least.  I also think that Bubba Gump is a goner in some way, shape or form...maybe not dead, but he won't be the head of CTU for long being as gullible and hard headed as he's been these first four episodes.  And another thing...The whole Dana/Jenny storyline is STUPID...you're working counter-terrorism and you haven't been vetted at all...who is she...Sarah Palin?  I'm going to get sick of her and Freddie real quick. 

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2010, 07:59:26 pm »

I think Chole gets it this season.  She's been around too long and since they took out Bill last year...she's not safe in the least.  I also think that Bubba Gump is a goner in some way, shape or form...maybe not dead, but he won't be the head of CTU for long being as gullible and hard headed as he's been these first four episodes.  And another thing...The whole Dana/Jenny storyline is STUPID...you're working counter-terrorism and you haven't been vetted at all...who is she...Sarah Palin?  I'm going to get sick of her and Freddie real quick. 

That is a 24 trademark.  Some high ranking official at CTU or the White House is either a terrorist or has some personal issue or acquaintance that is going to wreck havoc on the worst day possible.  That is almost as predictable as CTU/FBI/CIA/White House treating Jack like an asshole even though he's saved the country and/or President on seven different occasions at this point.  But you know what?  I love it all the same  ;D

I agree with you on the head of CTU.  His character wreaks of "created to die."  However, I disagree with you on Chloe.  I think she lives to see another day...Day 9 that is.

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2010, 03:53:57 am »

That is a 24 trademark.  Some high ranking official at CTU or the White House is either a terrorist or has some personal issue or acquaintance that is going to wreck havoc on the worst day possible.  That is almost as predictable as CTU/FBI/CIA/White House treating Jack like an asshole even though he's saved the country and/or President on seven different occasions at this point.  But you know what?  I love it all the same  ;D

I agree with you on the head of CTU.  His character wreaks of "created to die."  However, I disagree with you on Chloe.  I think she lives to see another day...Day 9 that is.

Ok...I can suspend disbelief for a high-ranking official being part of a shadow cabal or even a CTU agent being compromised by said cabal or even a foreign government, but this Jenny/Dana thing....it's redneck on redneck crime.  Her redneck boyfriend in a beat up van finds her, but the most secure agency in this country doesn't know who she really is??  That's a bit too much!  :D And is it just me or does there appear to be something wrong with Bubba Gump?  It seems like he's having trouble standing up and his arms don't move at all when he's walking. 

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2010, 05:56:56 am »
The redneck blackmailer is the most absurd thing ever on the show.  She's a high ranking law enforcement official.  She couldn't set him up on a parole violation and send his ass back to jail? 

The only way I respect her for giving him her house keys is if she comes home, poisons him, chops his body up and dissolves him in the bathtub.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #163 on: January 21, 2010, 07:16:04 am »
ok, the only way the jenny storyline works for me is if she is still suffering from that bad abusive relationship....so we have that storyline of her getting her strength back. blah blah blah. i can deal with it

reg, yes, i saw jack flip the switch and i got hella crunk. i shouted "it's on!"

who dies? hmmm.. the dude who works with the drones.

honestly, for the first time in my life, i like freddie prinze. seriously. he is the best jack bauer lite so far.

chloe lives...bubba gump gets demoted by halfway point by the prez.
at the end of this season, jack will run CTU even though he hates the place.

"i hate this place." best line he's ever uttered.

and renee is a bad azz. she scares me!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Catch22

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 21, 2010, 07:35:36 am »
The redneck blackmailer is the most absurd thing ever on the show.  She's a high ranking law enforcement official.  She couldn't set him up on a parole violation and send his ass back to jail? 

The only way I respect her for giving him her house keys is if she comes home, poisons him, chops his body up and dissolves him in the bathtub.

EX-Actly!  Why not call those guards over and have him tased.  By the time he woke up, he'd be under rendition in Thailand somewhere. 

ok, the only way the jenny storyline works for me is if she is still suffering from that bad abusive relationship....so we have that storyline of her getting her strength back. blah blah blah. i can deal with it

reg, yes, i saw jack flip the switch and i got hella crunk. i shouted "it's on!"

who dies? hmmm.. the dude who works with the drones.

honestly, for the first time in my life, i like freddie prinze. seriously. he is the best jack bauer lite so far.

chloe lives...bubba gump gets demoted by halfway point by the prez.
at the end of this season, jack will run CTU even though he hates the place.

"i hate this place." best line he's ever uttered.

and renee is a bad azz. she scares me!

The best Jack-lite, IMO, was Chase.

I'm giving Freddie Prinze a chance...honestly I am, but everytime I see him on screen, I think..."Summer Catch".  At least when Ricky Shroeder was on, he had been on NYPD Blue and graduated up to 24.  Freddie's trying to run before he walks!

I thought it was comical that Jack Bauer was screaming at Renee for going to far! LOL  He would have chopped the guy's whole arm off to get what he needed.  She's badass for real, though.