Author Topic: Purple Purse  (Read 4508 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Purple Purse
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2018, 03:49:31 pm »
"Man, the hits just keeps on coming!"

Friday, 24 August 2018

Ex-NYC health commissioner, CDC head Tom Frieden accused of groping woman
by Mark Morales

Former New York City Health Commissioner Dr. Tom Frieden surrendered to authorities Friday to face charges he groped a woman in his Brooklyn apartment last year.

Dr. Thomas Frieden, the former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, was arrested Friday and charged with forcible touching, according to the New York Police Department.

A law enforcement official told CNN that authorities filed three charges against Frieden stemming from an alleged incident in his home in Brooklyn Heights in October.

Frieden, 57, who left the CDC in January 2017, is expected to appear in front of a judge in Brooklyn Criminal Court to face one count of forcible touching, one count of sex abuse in the third degree and one count of harassment in the second degree, the law enforcement official said.

The law enforcement official said that allegedly, there was a dinner party at Frieden's home, and as things were wrapping up and people were leaving, Frieden reached over and grabbed the woman without her consent. Both have known each other for several years, the law enforcement official said.

The Brooklyn District Attorney's Office interviewed the alleged victim and found her to be credible, the law enforcement official said.

A spokeswoman for Frieden told CNN, "This allegation does not reflect Dr. Frieden's public or private behavior or his values over a lifetime of service to improve health around the world."

Would You Like To Know More?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/former-cdc-head-tom-frieden-charged-with-forcibly-touching-woman/ar-BBMo45I?ocid=spartanntp

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 06:58:02 am »
Tuesday, 11th September 2018

Yes, #You Too!
by Edmund Lee

Leslie Moonves, the longtime chief executive of the CBS Corporation, stepped down on Sunday night from the company he led for 15 years.

His fall from Hollywood’s highest echelon was all but sealed after the publication earlier in the day of new sexual harassment allegations against him.

The CBS board announced his departure, effective immediately.

As part of the agreement, the network said it would donate $20 million to one or more organizations that support equality for women in the workplace.

The donation will be deducted from a potential severance benefit to Mr. Moonves, although he could still walk away with more than $120 million, according to two people familiar with the settlement agreement.

Mr. Moonves, however, will not receive any severance payment, until the completion of an independent investigation into the allegations, the board said.

He could also receive nothing, based on the investigation’s results.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/09/business/les-moonves-longtime-cbs-chief-may-be-gone-by-monday.html

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 05:25:34 am »
Thursday, 13th September 2018

#...and you!
by Melissa Gunthrie

The exec had been at CBS News for 36 years and has been a leading figure at the news division for decades.

The tenure of Jeff Fager as the executive producer of 60 Minutes is over.

"Jeff Fager is leaving the company effective immediately," CBS News president David Rhodes said Wednesday in a statement.

"Bill Owens will manage the 60 Minutes team as Ingrid Ciprian-Matthews and I begin the search for a new executive producer of the program.

60 Minutes is the most significant news broadcast on television."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/60-minutes-chief-jeff-fager-steps-down-1132722

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 12:21:15 pm »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2018, 03:53:38 pm »
MONDAY!
WASHINGTON (Associated Press) — The Latest on the Supreme Court nomination of Brett Kavanaugh (all times local):

6:35 p.m.

The Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a public hearing next Monday with Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and the woman accusing him of sexual assault when they were teens.

That’s according to the GOP chairman, Chuck Grassley of Iowa, who announced the hearing Monday “to give these recent allegations a full airing.”

Grassley had tried to have the panel’s staff conduct phone interviews with both Kavanaugh and his accuser, Christine Blasey Ford.

But Democrats rejected the private interviews and want the FBI to investigate the allegations as part of the nominee’s background investigation.

Grassley says “anyone who comes forward” as Ford has done “deserves to be heard.”

Kavanaugh denies assaulting the woman.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09/17/the-latest-kavanaugh-accuser-willing-to-talk-to-congress/

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 03:52:59 am »
Friday, 21st September 2018

The Kavanaugh allegations led me to reach out to the man who had assaulted me decades before.
by Deborah Copaken

On Friday morning, President Donald Trump tweeted that he has “no doubt that, if the attack on Dr. Ford was as bad as she says, charges would have been immediately filed with local Law Enforcement Authorities by either her or her loving parents.”

Let me tell you what life was like as a girl in Montgomery County, Maryland, in the early 1980s.

I am a year older than Christine Blasey Ford and a year younger than Brett Kavanaugh.

I grew up in Potomac, Maryland, a few miles from both Holton Arms, Ford’s school, and Georgetown Prep, which Kavanaugh attended, but I went to my local public high school, Churchill.

Never mind that any girl who was in high school in Potomac during that era knew, through the whisper network, not to go to a Georgetown Prep party alone.

That was a given.

What was also a given is that “date rape,” as a term, was in its infancy.

Most of us thought getting our bodies groped at a high-school party—or anywhere—was the unfortunate price we paid for having them, not something we would ever go to the police to report.

Even in junior high school, this was true.

I have a vivid memory of my friend Marcia having her skirt ripped off her body in the middle of a bar mitzvah dance floor.

It had snaps down the middle.

I actually heard one boy say, as she was weeping in a corner, trying to refasten her skirt, “I mean, duh. If you’re going to wear snaps on your skirt, what do you think will happen?” I made a mental note: Never wear snaps to a dance party.

Luckily, I survived high school without getting more than ickily groped now and then, but my luck ran out in college.

I fell victim to a number of random assaults by strangers, including two robberies at gunpoint, all of which then became fodder for my senior thesis, but I wasn’t actually date raped until the night before my graduation, in June of 1988.

Or maybe it was May.

I don’t actually remember which month I graduated from college, because it was so long ago, but that does not negate what I do remember—both the rape itself, and what happened in its aftermath.

I woke up, put on my cap and gown, and fetched my diploma to the notes of “Pomp and Circumstance” in front of my unsuspecting parents, just like everyone else in my class.

Afterward, I posed for photos with my parents and smiled.

Then, between our photo session and lunch, I excused myself to take care of what I said was an administrative issue and went straight to University Health Services to report the rape.

I was told by the intake psychologist that I had two choices: I could report the rape to the police; stay in the Boston area for several months, to deal with the trial; hire lawyers to help me through it with money I did not have; and put off beginning my life in Paris, where I’d planned to move for work, while awaiting my turn on the witness stand, where my prior sex life would be put on trial, more than the boy who raped me.

Or I could stay silent.

At lunch that day, did I tell my loving parents that I’d been raped the night before?

Of course not.

That boy had already stolen a valuable piece of my soul.

I was not going to allow him to steal my graduation day from us, too.

I’d worked hard to reach that day. So had my parents. This was our day, not his.

In fact, I never actually told my parents to their faces.

Instead, 13 years after the rape in question, I sent them the manuscript for my first memoir, in which I described the rape, for the first time, in detail, making sure to put an ocean between us while they read.

I didn’t want to see the pained expression on my dad’s face or hear my mother crying until they’d had enough time to process it.

Several notable critics of the book, after it was published, took it upon themselves either to blame me for my assaults or to ask if I was worried I’d get called a slut.

The fact that Ford did not call the police or tell her loving parents after she escaped this young man’s scary clutches has no bearing on the truth of her story.

Plus, let’s keep in mind: She was 15 years old.

She couldn’t even drive herself home.

That’s one of the images that haunts me—young Chrissy Blasey walking out of that house and facing the rest of her post-traumatic life, on foot.

But there has been an upside to the Kavanaugh circus and Trump’s presidency.

For one, it has galvanized women and the men who love us.

For another, like so many rape survivors in this country living through this particular moment in history, having to relive our assaults daily—even hourly—with every new allegation of rape, I have been so brought to my knees by this latest allegation that I, too, was inspired to speak out.

Directly. To my rapist.

I wrote him a letter, 30 years after the night in question, reminding him of what he’d done and how hard it has been to overcome.

And do you know what this man did, less than half an hour later?

He called me on the phone and said, “Oh, Deb. Oh my god. I’m so sorry. I had no idea. I’m filled with shame.”

We spoke for a long time, maybe 20 minutes.

He had no recollection of raping me, just of the party where we’d met.

He’d blacked out that night from excessive drinking and soon thereafter entered Alcoholics Anonymous.

But that, he said, was no excuse.

The fact that he’d done this to me and that I’d been living with the resulting trauma for 30 years was horrifying to him.

He was so sorry, he said.

He just kept repeating those words, “I’m so sorry,” over and over.

Suddenly, 30 years of pain and grief fell out of me.

I cried. And I cried.

And I kept crying for the next several hours, as I prepared for Yom Kippur, the Jewish holiday of forgiveness.

And then, suddenly, I was cleansed. Reborn. The trauma was gone.

All because of a belated apology.

My rapist promised to pay it forward, this horrible thing he’d just learned about himself.

I have no doubt, judging by the admirable life he’s led, he will. And I will keep my promise to him never to reveal his name.

But you know what?

If he were being confirmed for the Supreme Court; if his decision over what would happen to my daughter’s body, should she become inadvertently pregnant, would tip the scales away from Roe; if one of the key aspects of his job as a judge would be to show and to have shown good judgment over the course of his life, you better believe that I, like Ford, would come forward and tell the committee.

Even if it meant going into hiding, as she’s had to do.

Even if it meant getting death threats, as she’s received.

The life of my daughter is at stake. Her bodily autonomy is at stake.

As a mother who grew up being groped at house parties in the ’80s, I want to make sure that whoever is passing judgment on the next generation has, at the very least, judgment to pass.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/09/copaken-kavanaugh/571042/?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=the-atlantic-fb-test-406-2-&utm_content=edit-promo&utm_medium=social

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 05:10:50 pm »
Sunday, 23rd September 2018
Thursday!
by Chas Danner

It’s official: Christine Blasey Ford will testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday regarding her allegation that Supreme Court nominee brett kavanaugh attempted to rape her when they were teenagers.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/09/ford-will-testify-next-week-about-kavanaugh-lawyers.html

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 05:39:04 pm »
---but, wait...  there's more!
Sunday, 23rd September 2018

Senate Democrats Investigate a New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct, from brett kavanaugh’s College Years
by Ronan Farrow and Jane Mayer

As Senate Republicans press for a swift vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh, President Trump’s nominee to the Supreme Court, Senate Democrats are investigating a new allegation of sexual misconduct against Kavanaugh.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/senate-democrats-investigate-a-new-allegation-of-sexual-misconduct-from-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaughs-college-years-deborah-ramirez

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2018, 12:55:23 pm »
Monday, 24th September 2018
3 Is A Magic Number, Yes, It Is...
by Rob Tornoe and Michael Boren

Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination has once again been thrown into disarray, after a second woman has come forward to accuse Trump's pick of sexual misconduct.

Deborah Ramirez, who attended Yale University with Kavanaugh, told the New Yorker in a story published Sunday evening that the Supreme Court nominee pulled down his pants and thrust his penis in her face during a drunken dormitory party during the 1983-84 academic year, causing her to touch it without her consent as she attempted to push him away.

----------------------------------------------------

D.L. Hughley joked on his afternoon radio show today that the last thing anyone wants to do is give a flasher a set of robes.

http://www2.philly.com/philly/news/politics/presidential/brett-kavanaugh-new-yorker-deborah-ramirez-christine-blasey-ford-supreme-court-hearing-updates-20180924.html

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 07:08:21 pm »
"just sayin'

...and for what it's worth,  this a fox news poll!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2018, 05:07:28 pm »
It's clear what the republicans are trying to do; it is rumored that the republicans knew about the 2nd kavanaugh accuser a week before she revealed.  They want to speed up the confirmation process before the kavanaugh allegations become official charges.

Apparently, this kavanaugh fellow has a history of sloppy, irritating drunkiness from high school to college:

"I was Brett Kavanaugh's roommate at Yale University in the Fall of 1983.

We shared a two-bedroom unit in the basement of Lawrence Hall on the Old Campus.

Despite our living conditions, Brett and I did not socialize beyond the first few days of freshman year.

We talked at night as freshman roommates do and I would see him as he returned from nights out with his friends.

It is from this experience that I concluded that although Brett was normally reserved, he was a notably heavy drinker, even by the standards of the time, and that he became aggressive and belligerent when he was drunk.

I did not observe the specific incident in question, but I do remember Brett frequently drinking excessively and becoming incoherently drunk.

I became close friends with Debbie Ramirez shortly after we both arrived at Yale.

She stood out as being exceptionally honest, with a trusting manner.

As we got to know one another, I discovered that Debbie was very worried about fitting in.

She felt that everyone at Yale was very rich, very smart and very sophisticated and that a Puerto Rican woman from a less privileged background she was an outsider.

Her response was to try hard to make friends and get along.

Based on my time with Debbie, I believe her to be unusually honest and straightforward and I cannot imagine her making this up.

Based on my time with Brett, I believe that he and his social circle were capable of the actions that Debbie described.

I do not consider myself to be a political person and I have no political agenda. I have shared this information with a small number of reporters who reached out to me directly because Debbie has a right to be heard and I believe her.

I have been asked for more detail and additional stories, but this is all that I am comfortable sharing. 

If I could contribute more first-hand information, I would, but I will not be granting any more interviews or answering any more questions at this time."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2018, 03:35:39 am »
Young Brett Kavanaugh by Ruben Bolling

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2018, 03:03:10 pm »
Wednesday, 19th September 2018

What are Republicans hiding about him? What don’t they want you to know?
by Charles M. Blow

Donald Trump and Senate Republicans have no interest whatsoever in revealing the whole truth about Brett Kavanaugh.

Their plan was to perform a rush-job confirmation that installed him on the Supreme Court over all objections well enough in advance of the midterm elections to provide a shield to Republicans worried about what feels like an imminent blue wave.

That is why his hearings were scheduled so quickly. That is why more than 42,000 pages of documents were released the night before his confirmation hearings started — all of which were to be treated as “committee-confidential” at the time.

As The New York Times editorial board wrote then, Republicans are “now running the most secretive and incomplete confirmation process in modern history.”

The hearings wrapped up with Kavanaugh having dodged direct answers to questions on major issues like abortion (Trump has said he would appoint Supreme Court justices who would overturn Roe v. Wade) and presidential power (this may well come before the court if Trump is subpoenaed, charged with a crime or attempts to pardon himself).

Republicans felt confident that their ploy had worked, but that was before the bombshell accusation by Christine Blasey Ford, a California professor, that Kavanaugh had sexually assaulted her in the 1980s when she was 15 and he was 17.

Blasey told The Washington Post that Kavanaugh and another boy, Mark Judge, both “stumbling drunk,” “corralled her into a bedroom during a gathering of teenagers at a house in Montgomery County.”

The Post continued its retelling of the Blasey interview:

“While his friend watched, she said, Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed on her back and groped her over her clothes, grinding his body against hers and clumsily attempting to pull off her one-piece bathing suit and the clothing she wore over it.

When she tried to scream, she said, he put his hand over her mouth. ‘I thought he might inadvertently kill me,’ said Ford.”

In an interview last week with The Weekly Standard, Judge said, “I never saw Brett act that way.”

But as The Post pointed out, Judge has written about being a blackout drunk in high school.

This is a very serious charge and one that could further delay or even derail Kavanaugh’s confirmation vote.

After the report came to light, Kavanaugh and Blasey said that they would testify before the committee about the allegation, but then her attorney sent a letter to the Judiciary Committee stating:

“As the Judiciary Committee has recognized and done before, an F.B.I. investigation of the incident should be the first step in addressing her allegations.

A full investigation by law enforcement officials will ensure that the crucial facts and witnesses in this matter are assessed in a nonpartisan manner, and that the committee is fully informed before conducting any hearing or making any decisions.”

I know that there are political considerations on both sides: Republicans want a vote before the midterms, and Democrats want to delay one until after. But Republicans are worried that Democrats now have a shot — though still a long one — to flip the Senate.

And one could argue about how the release of Blasey’s accusation was handled.

But it is impossible to argue that her claim isn’t credible enough to demand a thorough investigation, regardless of the partisan gamesmanship.

And it must be stated that Republicans have zero space to complain because of the way they blocked President Barack Obama’s nominee, Merrick Garland.

If Trump was truly interested in finding out the truth of these allegations, he could have ordered the Federal Bureau of Investigation to look into their veracity as soon as he heard about them.

That is precisely what George H.W. Bush did when he learned of Anita Hill’s accusation against Clarence Thomas in 1991.

As CNN pointed out Wednesday:

“Upon learning of the allegations, the White House ‘promptly directed the F.B.I. to conduct a full, thorough and expeditious investigation’ ...Three days later, on Sept. 26, 1991, the F.B.I. completed its investigation, and a report was submitted to the White House and the Judiciary Committee.”

If Trump had done that, that investigation would presumably be wrapped up by now.

But he hasn’t ordered an investigation.

Instead, he has joined Republican opposition to one.

They want to jam Kavanaugh down America’s throat even though, as a CNN poll last month found, he has the “lowest public support since Robert Bork,” whose nomination was rejected in 1987.

What are Republicans hiding about Kavanaugh? What don’t they want you to know?

There is absolutely no rush here, no timeline that must be adhered to, no deadline that must be met.

We are talking about a lifetime appointment here, and if Blasey is telling the truth and Kavanaugh has lied, there is absolutely no way he should be confirmed.

We can’t have a Supreme Court on which a third of the men have been credibly accused of sexual misconduct.

Thomas and Kavanaugh, if confirmed, would be two of the six.

Charles Blow joined The Times in 1994 and became an Opinion columnist in 2008.
He is also a television commentator and writes often about politics, social justice and vulnerable communities.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/19/opinion/ford-allegations-brett-kavanaugh.html

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2018, 05:55:53 am »
Friday, 28 September 2018

Kavanaugh, accusers deserve a proper investigation
by Eugene Robinson

Republicans are learning that "we're going to plow right through it" is a dangerous way to approach a minefield.

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., used that agricultural metaphor Friday to promise conservatives the Senate would confirm Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh no matter what.

Now, with a second and third woman accusing Kavanaugh of misconduct and more potentially on the way, Republicans can neither advance nor retreat without risking disaster.

Make no mistake, this is a crisis of the GOP's own making.

Republicans are in such a hurry to cement a conservative, anti-abortion majority on the high court before the midterm election that they refused to meaningfully alter their fast-track timetable for Kavanaugh's confirmation even after psychologist Christine Blasey Ford accused the nominee of sexually assaulting her when they were both in high school.

Deborah Ramirez has accused him of exposing himself to her at an alcohol-fueled party when both were students at Yale, and crusading lawyer Michael Avenatti said on Twitter that he has a client with information about misconduct by Kavanaugh in high school.

Kavanaugh vehemently denies any and all allegations.

At this point, however, it is obvious that an actual FBI investigation is required — as opposed to the "he said, she said" hearing the Judiciary Committee held with Kavanaugh and Ford on Thursday. Ford has asked for the FBI's thorough scrutiny.

Kavanaugh, for some reason, has not.

Republican senators are embarrassing themselves by calling the accusations "last-minute" or "eleventh-hour."

We are near the end of the process only because McConnell and Judiciary Committee Chairman Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, set arbitrary deadlines to speed things up.

The seat vacated by Anthony Kennedy's retirement has only been open for eight weeks.

I'm tempted to say that President Trump, who called the allegations against Kavanaugh "totally political," is also embarrassing himself.

But of course Trump is beyond shame.

Why are Republicans in such a hurry?  ???

There's a chance that Democrats could take control of the Senate in November, turning McConnell back into the minority leader and dramatically reducing the chance that Trump will be able to appoint another far-right conservative ideologue to the Supreme Court.

The odds of the Senate switching hands have been seen as pretty long, however — although the Kavanaugh fiasco seems to be improving them.

GOP senators are primarily motivated by fear.

The party's activist base believes Kavanaugh will provide a decisive fifth vote to overturn Roe v. Wade, end affirmative action, and weaken protections for same-sex married couples in the name of "religious freedom."

Republicans control the presidency and both chambers of Congress.

If GOP officials can't deliver now, why should conservatives bother voting for them?

Plowing ahead, however, now looks much riskier than turning back.

The main reason is that Republican senators don't know what they don't know.

Are there facts and evidence that could help establish Kavanaugh's innocence or guilt?

Will more accusers follow? Were the Supreme Court nominee's high school and college years one long re-enactment of "Animal House"?

Did he, at the very least, treat women in ways that he should regret, and for which he should now apologize?

Beyond those issues of substance are questions of appearance.

It cannot be an exaggeration to say that millions of American women have had to fight off the unwanted advances.

Are Republicans on the Judiciary Committee, all of whom are male, going to tell women that they were to blame in those encounters?

Lots of luck with that message in the first national election of the #MeToo Era.

One thing we should have learned by now is that women do not lightly subject themselves to the exposure, scrutiny and vicious attacks that inevitably come from making public accusations of sexual misconduct against powerful men.

Another thing we should have learned is that some men go through life wearing a carapace of entitlement that can render them insensate to women's vulnerability and distress.

Kavanaugh's accusers want to be heard and taken seriously. Kavanaugh wants to clear his name.

None of this can ever happen without a proper investigation.

Eugene Robinson is a columnist and an associate editor of The Washington Post who won the Pulitzer Prize for commentary in 2009.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2018, 07:09:03 am »
The American Bar Association agrees.

September 27, 2018

The Honorable Charles E. Grassley Chairman
Committee on the Judiciary
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510

The Honorable Dianne Feinstein Ranking Member
Committee on the Judiciary United States Senate Washington, DC 20510
Dear Chairman Grassley and Ranking Member Feinstein:

The American Bar Association urges the United States Senate Judiciary Committee (and, as appropriate, the full Senate) to conduct a confirmation vote on Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court of the United States only after an appropriate background check into the allegations made by Professor Ford and others is completed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

We make this request because of the ABA’s respect for the rule of law and due process under law. The basic principles that underscore the Senate’s constitutional duty of advice and consent on federal judicial nominees require nothing less than a careful examination of the accusations and facts by the FBI.

Each appointment to our nation’s Highest Court (as with all others) is simply too important to rush to a vote. Deciding to proceed without conducting additional investigation would not only have a lasting impact on the Senate’s reputation, but it will also negatively affect the great trust necessary for the American people to have in the Supreme Court. It must remain an institution that will reliably follow the law and not politics.

Respectfully, the Senate should recognize that a thorough FBI investigation will demonstrate its commitment to a Supreme Court that is above reproach.

Thank you for your consideration of this critically important matter.

Sincerely,
Robert M. Carlson
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."