Author Topic: ASK REGGIE  (Read 7136 times)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: ASK REGGIE
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 11:08:59 pm »
I noticed you post on Comic Nerds of Color. How often do you read through the comments?
Only when it pops up on my facebook feed.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 11:12:07 pm »
1) When are you going to make a Dwayne Mcduffie documentary?

2) When will we get a Milestone documentary?

3) What are the plans for the 25th anniversay of HOUSE PARTY?
I have some documentary plans, but other concepts are more urgent for me.  Doesn't mean others can't do it. 

When is the 25th anniversary of HOUSE PARTY?

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 11:13:47 pm »
With the understanding that any kind of outright spoilers are not an option and Mr. Reggie is way too savvy for that, I'll try to finesse my query in this way:    ;)

Are you directly involved in the development of a live-media (TV, web or film) adaptation of a comic/fantasy/sci-fi property with a target release/premiere date in the near-future (e.g., 2015 - 2018)?

...I have my suspicions on a potential project(s) that Mr. Reggie might have a hand in, but it's always cool to be surprised....   8)
That might happen.

Offline ZZ Kong

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 04:15:31 pm »
Dear Reggie,
I came across a great real life story in a very old magazine. It deals with a controversial racial scandal in the 60ís that had a happy, encouraging and uplifting ending. I believe the story is relevant today and would make a great Oscar type movie.
I was wondering if I can pitch it to you.
Best regards,
ZZ

APEXABYSS

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 05:13:35 pm »

I got a few questions for some HEF members too. Well, I guess I’d be intruding or diving into areas that’s none of my damn business. Still...

^See, this is exactly what I meant. I know there are a lot of talented & wonderfully creative people here on the HEF. I have no problem probing the minds of creative types. I don't want to be intrusive or too forward & come off rude-bwoy style. Not at all. The goal is to seek clarity by challenging ideas. It's from a student perspective.

Dear Reggie,
I came across a great real life story in a very old magazine. It deals with a controversial racial scandal in the 60ís that had a happy, encouraging and uplifting ending. I believe the story is relevant today and would make a great Oscar type movie.
Best regards,
ZZ

welcome aboard.

Say, whatís your definition of an Oscar type movie? Isnít that like saying a Grammy type of song or an Eisner type comic? Please, can you, will you elaborate on the concept? Thanks!!! Exciting!! 

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2014, 02:46:01 am »
Dear Reggie,
Best regards,
ZZ
Welcome ZZ Kong!  Glad you've joined the site. 

Unfortunately, no pitches allowed.

Offline Keith2000

• "Preparation breeds success."
    • View Profile
    • http://stepintoadream2013.blogspot.com
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 01:18:40 pm »

What do you want to see happen in entertainment? (Movies, music, arts, etc. Take your pick.)
[/quote]What I want to see happen is higher quality black entertainment in all mediums.
[/quote]

Me too, but especially in films n TV... segue to my question.  Is there an avenue or path setup by you  at Hudlin Entertainment to view/ accept queries from spec writers? Unrepresented. If not, do you plan to setup such a link?

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2014, 05:48:44 pm »
1) When are you going to revisit PARLIAMENT FUNKADELIC on film?

2) AMERICAN GANGSTER is prime for a relaunch, what are you and Nelson George planning to do with it?

3) I DEMAND a special on Black fandom in comicbooks/sci-fi/fantasy etc. I am available to do narration at a special HEF discount.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2014, 12:46:23 am »

What do you want to see happen in entertainment? (Movies, music, arts, etc. Take your pick.)
What I want to see happen is higher quality black entertainment in all mediums.
[/quote]

Me too, but especially in films n TV... segue to my question.  Is there an avenue or path setup by you  at Hudlin Entertainment to view/ accept queries from spec writers? Unrepresented. If not, do you plan to setup such a link?
[/quote]Sorry no pitches allowed.  Legally I have to protect myself.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2014, 12:48:22 am »
1) When are you going to revisit PARLIAMENT FUNKADELIC on film?

2) AMERICAN GANGSTER is prime for a relaunch, what are you and Nelson George planning to do with it?

3) I DEMAND a special on Black fandom in comicbooks/sci-fi/fantasy etc. I am available to do narration at a special HEF discount.
P.Funk just came back up in the wake of another successful project, I want to focus on it next year. 

American Gangster would be great to do, but need a network partner.

I am roughing out something on a topic sort of like your last request.....we'll see.

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2014, 05:31:19 pm »

Aside from projects you've done, what have been your favorite (top 5?) films or tv shows since 2000?
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University
(twitter) @worldprofessor

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 06:19:27 am »

Aside from projects you've done, what have been your favorite (top 5?) films or tv shows since 2000?
The best I can do is a top ten every year for film or TV for the Hudlin 100.  You've seen those lists, right?  If not, they are available on the site.

Offline coinednikki

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2014, 11:58:10 am »
Hi Mr. Hudlin,

Growing up my mother always called us bebe kids. She was a single and young mother of 3 and we gave her a run for her money. I even remember her posing us in front of a video camera and having us recite "we don't die, we multiply,". My question is, do you find that Bebe kids is what people know and relate to you? I was surprised at how many people had never heard of Bebe kids, and i'm under the impression that it falls under the category of "black culture". For me, Bebe Kids is a nostalgic term, and defines a part of my childhood. It's a shame that even doing searches for images, brings back pixelated images captured from old vhs tapes. Now we have Family Guy and The Cleveland Show, and in my opinion, that's all satire. Bebe's kids was real life in cartoon form. I think it should be more of a cult classic then it is. Do people walk up to you and say "hey the bebe kids guy?" Or has that artistic expression of your past been buried by your other accomplishments?

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2014, 02:01:02 pm »
Hi Mr. Hudlin,

Growing up my mother always called us bebe kids. She was a single and young mother of 3 and we gave her a run for her money. I even remember her posing us in front of a video camera and having us recite "we don't die, we multiply,". My question is, do you find that Bebe kids is what people know and relate to you? I was surprised at how many people had never heard of Bebe kids, and i'm under the impression that it falls under the category of "black culture". For me, Bebe Kids is a nostalgic term, and defines a part of my childhood. It's a shame that even doing searches for images, brings back pixelated images captured from old vhs tapes. Now we have Family Guy and The Cleveland Show, and in my opinion, that's all satire. Bebe's kids was real life in cartoon form. I think it should be more of a cult classic then it is. Do people walk up to you and say "hey the bebe kids guy?" Or has that artistic expression of your past been buried by your other accomplishments?
Black folks who are Robin Harris fans know what it means, and kids like yourself who grew up on the movie also know.  Because it is not available like other kid's movies it is not as well known, and a lot of people are surprised I made the film.  I am mainly known as the House Party, Boomerang or Boondocks guy.  Well, in the comics world I am the Black Panther guy.  I guess I have a lot of identities. 

Thanks for joining the site!

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2014, 12:53:18 pm »
Heya Mr. Hudlin, are you going to have anything to do with Tarintino's Hateful Eight western film coming out next year?

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."