Author Topic: I got my first DWB tonight!  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
I got my first DWB tonight!
« on: October 11, 2014, 07:15:01 pm »
I've never been pulled over before, so this was brand new to me.

Took my nephew to Arby's for dinner and on the way back to my sister's, I notice a policeman is driving in the lane in front of us. I made a joke to my nephew about seeing a pig and he joked about bacon being a compliment because it was delicious. I told him never to say it in front of a policeman. Anyway, we got into the left turn lane and waited at the red light. The policeman was in the "straight ahead" lane over.

As soon as the light turned green, I turned. We weren't even out of the intersection before the flashing lights went on. I pulled over at the side of the road, rolled down the windows, and told my nephew to be still and not to move at ALL. Of course, I'm sitting in the seat thinking "Please Lord, let me get myself and my nephew back to my sis's."

Well, the guy was probably more on the "friendly" side of the spectrum. (As friendly as you can be after pulling my black ass over for no reason after its dark and 300+ miles from home.) As I'm typing this, I'm realizing that he asked for my license and proof of insurance, but not my registration! In any case, I told him where everything was before I reached for it. I probably should have specified my 11-year-old nephew was in the back seat. So... Why did he pull me over?

He claimed that the frame around my license plate - that has been there for 7 years - was illegal in the state of Tennessee. He said it blocked the expiration year on my license plate. I at first asked him to show me, but thought better of it. He let me go, which is what I wanted... and first thing in the morning, I'm taking the frame off.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: I got my first DWB tonight!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 01:06:35 pm »
(As friendly as you can be after pulling my black ass over for no reason after its dark and 300+ miles from home.)  --- Lion

Congratulations!

Didja know that your encounter with that undercover Nazi generated a worldwide Federal profile on everything about you sitting someplace in the data files of Homeland Security? 

You can thank dubya for that one!  ;)

Offline Lion

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
  • Totally hatin'.
    • View Profile
Re: I got my first DWB tonight!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 08:55:55 am »
Oh please... If it took the Feds that long to start building a profile on me, they're REALLY behind.