Author Topic: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!!  (Read 106189 times)

Online 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!!
« Reply #1035 on: September 13, 2017, 08:56:32 am »
On an unrelated note, I went to watch IT over the weekend and saw the Justice League trailer for the first time since they first debuted it...

... felt kinda lackluster.  Like a movie trying to be cool and hip.  The jokes fell flat with my audience, and my audience was obnoxiously loud and un-apologetically black throughout IT. 

In fact, whoever wrote the jokes for those lil kids in IT, WB needs to hire pronto.

Yea honestly i felt like Justice league Trailer is just...Meh.. I want it to be good as i like heroes from both companies but honestly i just feels like they are trying to be something their not.

I dont know maybe it will be better but currently its lacking

I don't want it to be good, nor to do well.  Not until John Stewart is liberated.

#greenlanternsowhite

#notmyjusticeleague

Same here or than maybe Jason Aquaman & that's a huge maybe no interest in that movie I could care less about it..

Free John Stewart
Pull List

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 13, 2017, 02:29:50 pm »
John Stewart was good in the JL cartoon because the writers gave him a better personality.  As far as I recall, in the comics he was practically a cipher in those days:  Architect, former Guardian/Darkstar, paralyzed for a bit, and tended to be angsty about once blowing up a planet by accident.

Seriously, that's it.  The whole Marine thing was invented by the JL writers, and later was retrofitted to the comics version.

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 14, 2017, 08:07:46 am »
John Stewart was good in the JL cartoon because the writers gave him a better personality.  As far as I recall, in the comics he was practically a cipher in those days:  Architect, former Guardian/Darkstar, paralyzed for a bit, and tended to be angsty about once blowing up a planet by accident.

Seriously, that's it.  The whole Marine thing was invented by the JL writers, and later was retrofitted to the comics version.

And then they tried to kill him off, before the writer they pressured into doing the deed went public and said you ain't putting that evil on me!

They seriously tried to kill and switch him out with Simon Baz.  DC houses some bitchass cra-- white supremacists, and i wouldn't be buying a single comic, movie, game NOTHING from them until I see some major changes with their treatment of Jonathan "GOAT Lantern" Stewart.

Ppl said Wonder Woman was a good movie. I wouldn't know, bc i aint watch that ish!
How many leaders you said you needed then left ‘em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, it’s King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 14, 2017, 02:13:31 pm »
The best thing I can say about the WW film is that it wasn't ENTIRELY Sndyer-Vision™.  But while it was better than the DCEU films that preceded it, the flaws in the story reveal themselves upon reflection.

The "No Man's Land" fight WAS cool, tho. 8)

Online 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 14, 2017, 02:22:23 pm »

And then they tried to kill him off, before the writer they pressured into doing the deed went public and said you ain't putting that evil on me!

They seriously tried to kill and switch him out with Simon Baz.  DC houses some bitchass cra-- white supremacists, and i wouldn't be buying a single comic, movie, game NOTHING from them until I see some major changes with their treatment of Jonathan "GOAT Lantern" Stewart.

Ppl said Wonder Woman was a good movie. I wouldn't know, bc i aint watch that ish!

Speak my brother..

I gf got it on bootleg & I still haven't watch it lol
Pull List

Offline Mortal Man

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 15, 2017, 09:19:25 am »

Speak my brother..

I gf got it on bootleg & I still haven't watch it lol

I saw they made that new DC intro based off of the classic JLU intro... but they swapped out John for Hal.  I was done with the DCEU after that.  I'll laugh if or when Thor 3 beats them in the box office and their tomato rating is lower than Dwight Howard's free throw percentage.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1041 on: September 16, 2017, 07:38:50 am »

Now we know what the Hatut Zeraze could look like.
courtesy of CBR's phumgano
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 16, 2017, 08:06:38 am »

Now we know what the Hatut Zeraze could look like.
courtesy of CBR's phumgano

I seriously hope we get the HZ And a version of Hunter Into the movies. I saw this over on CBR and instantly wanted it to happen

Offline TomOW

• View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 17, 2017, 08:42:59 am »
I'll confess I didn't read all 70 pages of this, so my apologies if any of this was already said, but...

If White Wolf/Hunter was going to be in the movie, I feel like we'd have heard about it by now (at least via the IMDB cast list). I'm going to guess they scrap him all-together. Coogler has so many characters to develop in this first Black Panther movie. Personally, I'm pretty okay with Hunter sitting it out, at least for this first one.

Also, weirdly, I've heard Nakia referred to as a war dog in a couple different interviews now.

“She is a departure from what she was in the comic book,” Nyong’o says. “Nakia is a war dog. She is basically an undercover spy for Wakanda. Her job is to go out into the world and report back on what’s going on.”

I'm wondering just how much of a departure. My suspicion is we wouldn't be hearing her called a war dog if "The Dogs of War" were a separate entity that also existed in the movie. So I'm guessing we either don't see the Hatut Zeraze at all or we see them significantly reimagined (to include Nakia).

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1044 on: September 17, 2017, 08:55:12 am »
Aint no way actual comic hunter makes it on screen.

Concept barely made sense in the comics lol.

Albino wakandan who ends up head of special forces who grew up with a sh*ty life due to being treated like garbage for being white so he grew up cruel and aggressive i could see.

But white plane crash baby taken in by tge king before he had any heirs on some loki sh*t.... naw lol

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 17, 2017, 09:55:29 am »
Actually, if you think about it, there's really no specific reason Hunter has to be white.  Being non-Wakandan would make him enough of an outsider, I think. 

Offline Mortal Man

• View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 17, 2017, 10:24:28 am »
I said that back in cbr years ago.  Hunter can be Egyptian, Asian, anything not Wakandan (or black, if you really want the stark contrast) and it'll work.  Only ppl who would nitpick are hardcore fans, and 80% of em don't even care for Hunter anyway.

I think it's a moot point, as Nakia seems to be a HZ, which seems to be reinvisioned as Wakanda spies.  Which is a concept I like more than fodder soldiers.  Granted, fodder soldiers with cool costumes

Online 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 17, 2017, 10:27:55 am »
Aint no way actual comic hunter makes it on screen.

Concept barely made sense in the comics lol.

Albino wakandan who ends up head of special forces who grew up with a sh*ty life due to being treated like garbage for being white so he grew up cruel and aggressive i could see.

But white plane crash baby taken in by tge king before he had any heirs on some loki sh*t.... naw lol

Can't be better said, No way no how H'unter (as he is in the comics random white guy) is showing up in any BP movie. The amount of backlash and push back that would get from non-comic book only fan black ppl would be way two detrimental..

That decision is one of the big nos for this franchise I'm

1. Man ape suit & name
2. Putting BP or & Shuri in a interracial relationship ( especially with a white person)
3. Making BP or Shuri gay
4. Random white guy or white person walks in adopted by the Royal Family/made a Royal & giving power.
5. Random drug use, rape, 98 percent of anything from TNC, good old boy Roy or Don M runs be used..

The only way anything even similar to Hunter happens in a movie is as you mentioned as an albino Afrikan or Afrikan American born Wakandan or Afrikan from a non Wakandan..
But little random non black person becoming African royalty no way no how, they anit that crazy or stupid..
Pull List

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 17, 2017, 10:38:34 am »
I said that back in cbr years ago.  Hunter can be Egyptian, Asian, anything not Wakandan (or black, if you really want the stark contrast) and it'll work.  Only ppl who would nitpick are hardcore fans, and 80% of em don't even care for Hunter anyway.

I think it's a moot point, as Nakia seems to be a HZ, which seems to be reinvisioned as Wakanda spies.  Which is a concept I like more than fodder soldiers.  Granted, fodder soldiers with cool costumes

Now, there's a thought... Nakia already has elements of Malaika, but we all suspect she'll become Malice eventually.

What if we're wrong, and she's actually the new White Wolf?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1049 on: September 17, 2017, 12:19:03 pm »

Now, there's a thought... Nakia already has elements of Malaika, but we all suspect she'll become Malice eventually.

What if we're wrong, and she's actually the new White Wolf?