Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER WAKANDA FOREVER  (Read 976513 times)

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!!
« Reply #1155 on: October 13, 2017, 11:50:25 am »
Monica is a grounded element. From all the Warriors and superpowered folks she grounds T'Challa. Thats her appeal. I think honestly Comics may lack that a bit. Having the Heroes actually interact with civilians more and have relationships outside of other heroes.

I do think that capes interacting with us regular folks is very important. But that role? Is ably and hilarious filled by Everett Ross, "King of the Useless White Boys" as he once dubbed himself. Hahahaha. What can Monica add to the mythos that makes sense? Ohhh...T'Challa heard her music and was like: "I'm in love"? Nah. Wakandan music moonwalks on Monica's music...and Monica has dope music! Monica somehow finds herself in Wakanda and saves T'Challa from certain death at the hands of Killmonger at Warrior Falls? First off, T'Challa would mollywhop Killmonger. Seriously. T'Challa would think circles around Killmonger and usually wouldn't even have to condescend to beat Killmonger down. But if they fight...like I showed in my fanfic...T'Challa would wtfpwn [ I had to bring that "pwn" back ] Eric. Eric's enhanced physical strength and stuff doesn't hold a candle to a Black Panther lineage that boasts 1,000,000 years of NEVER LOSING OR BEING TIED IN A FIGHT.

But let's say that Eric got the [ impossible ] drop on BP and tossed him off the Falls. Here comes Monica...and OUTWORLDER...to save him? Nah. Hell nah. It's not like the DM wouldn't've done that saving thing. Or even just regular Wakandan military wouldn't've done that .I don't know how Monica materially adds to the story in a worthwhile capacity, though.

That "we need a regular civilian perspective" idea is cool. Important. But how does MONICA provide a insight that NOBODY ELSE HAS but WHICH IS VALUABLE TO THE READER AND THE MYTHOS? Man, we could revive RH's thing and CJP's thing and Frank Miller's thing and have news anchors giving reports and interviewing the woman and man on the street to concisely and believably express that idea. We could run with the great idea in SAM WILSON CAPTAIN AMERICA and have Twitter feeds, Facebook posts, etc convey these same perspectives but more bracingly.

Remember...T'Challa is a King. Signs treaties and stuff. Ends droughts and human rights abuses in Afrika. And Southeast Asia, too, which is 80% Black. He travels the world. He sees regular folks WAY MORE  than he sees capes. WAY. MORE.

On top of that? He's spelled other capes when they were injured or whatever. Like Daredevil. Which means? He's met people like The Night Nurse. SHE'S a norm. Her insight would handle that bizness for a POV of a regular person dealing with supers during their most vulnerable times.

Monica is a talented musician. Singer. A smart, strong sister. But again, I see her adding ZERO of real substance to the story or mythos. Honestly, I can't see her WANTING TO be in BP's world. I WANT to come up with a angle for her, but Queen Mother Ramonda in her original canon handles the whole "Outsider" thing better than Monica. And if The Queen Mother is made Wakandan? How exactly does Monica fit within a WARRIOR TECH PHILOSOPHER SPIRITUALIST culture? She can get with the spiritualist part through her music, I think. Maybe rock a bit of the philosopher part. But that's it.

Exactly WHAT does she have to offer that other ladies DON'T have to offer? I mean...ladies from the Caped Community? Villains AND heroes? In my fanfic, I got a whole chapter or three delving into this. Not just for T'Challa, but for Shuri too. Many guys would love to hit that Shuri Panther love. Just like most of us would hit Storm at our first...and every other...opportunity.

So. Specifically. What does non superpowered Monica add to the mythos?

I see it that despite it all? T'Challa is still a man, He still makes mistakes, he will still sometimes lose, as great as he is and Wakanda is as well, he is still human and humans occasionally fall (This would be something if i were penning BP that i would have only happen after he had a MINIMUM of 5 years of Pure straight baller showings letting everyone know who the king is) only to come back stronger then ever. That's why if there was a big event going on, i know it was mentioned before about Marvel Zombies coming back, I wouldn't just show Wakanda having redshirts off handily taking care of them with the Cure because it doesn't allow for T'Challa to get that shine, or serve to add a level of suspense.

So What could Monica Add? honestly, i hate Mcgregors treatement of T'Challa and Wakanda (Im surprised and disgusted at the fact at that was him did was him apparently going to bat for T'challa as opposed to what editorial WANTED him to show) But the things he did get right for better or worse, was T'Challa's endurance and tenacity, and the relationship between Him and Monica. I actually like Monica in Mcgregors run, and Priest, despite me loving what he did for T'Challa and the mythos, I didn't like his take on monica, i actually disliked her as a character. Hudlin didn't really touch on it but briefly but i felt there was still potential there.

At this point, I'd be curious to learn what exactly editorial wanted him to show.  Make a side by side comparison and determine which was the worse of the lose-lose situation lol.

I think i mentioned it earlier but Priest was my introduction to BP and his Monica... well... it wasn't the best first impression.  She felt washed up and T'Challa just needed to get over her.  Like a sad love story where happiness comes with him letting go of her so he can truly find happiness.  Or something poetically corny like that. 

How many leaders you said you needed then left ‘em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, it’s King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: October 13, 2017, 11:51:17 am »
BTW, you don't need the inhumans to give a love interest powers.

In addition to whatever sorcery is out there ala tetu, or whatever other gods are messing around with stuff

you can easily have someone develop powers via the vibranium mound.

Yea, the mythos have their own gods and sorcery.  A Wakandan love interest should be empowered by a Wakandan god.  Or God forbid T'Challa gets to meet a Nigerian, Eritrean or some other African woman in the continent he was born in lol.  And god forbid they have super powers too, by Afrikan gods

Yes, I thought of all that stuff...and was going back and forth with it. There's some really great ground that should be covered and filled in because it's vital to world building. Whether or not these powerful women become romantically linked with T'Challa...they should be there. Period. Expressing the massive reach, diversity, etc of Afrika. Setting up incredible stories that affect Wakanda, because their decisions affect Afrika and the Diaspora.  Nkisi warrior princess avatars. The Rain Queens being there, for real. Straight from Afrikan legend. The real Orisha showing up, with say...the avatar of Osun being on deck. That would be very difficult for T'Challa to resist.

I already rewrote and amped Princess Zanda. As I have been saying for years, there is stupid much potential there. I mean, if Zanda is Princess...who's the Queen and King? Why has T'Challa and T'Chaka and N'yami let Narobia continue to exist at all? Same with Mohannda. These countries/Kingdoms/whatevers have aggressed upon Wakanda. That means your country gotta go bye-bye, cuz Wakanda don't play that.

Also? How would T'Challa react to WOMEN aggressing upon him? Remember, R to the H had T'Challa famously say that he DOESN'T fight women. That was one of the very very few things that rubbed me wrong about CJP BP. CJP BP is the dopest most royal most ruthless most manipulative shrewdest BP ever. But he not only fought with The Deadly Nightshade, he allowed his arrogance to cause him to LOSE to her.

Hell naw.

The DM would probably kill Nightshade off top. Just because she ran up on His Royal Pantherness.

T'Challa wouldn't even condescend to fight Nightshade. I mean, seriously...when was the last time that you saw Captain America get beat by a woman in a fight? Answer: MOONDRAGON. 30 or so years ago. That's about it. And T'Challa? Got the brains, skills, tech, lineage, and resources that Steve literally couldn't imagine.

A villain or villainess...or new female ally...whose power came from The Vibranium Mound? Sensible, but...again, this character would do WHAT for T'Challa that nobody else can do? Exactly what can she tell her King, her Lord of the Wakandas, that he doesn't already know?

I keep coming back to the REAL Ororo as the REAL match for T'Challa. R to the H had it right, yall.

I agree.  I actually like the potential of Princess Zanda more than I do Monica.  I'd like an expansion of Afrika past just Wakanda and the angry roided gorilla tribe. I think Zanda provides an opportunity to open that up more and a chance to revamp that character to be a bit more fancy.  She's someone i'd like to see enhanced/revamped power-wise by her own country's deities.  She's someone i'd like to see be a dime piece who is still a major frenemy of T'Challa but is annoyed that he doesn't fawn over her like all other men do and lowkey tries not to fawn over him. 

Every time I see that character.. I think Jyll Scott & a better looking Afrikan version of Big Barda.. a lot of good can be done with her..

Yes!  Big Barda is spot-on!

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: October 13, 2017, 11:58:45 am »
Mortal dropping Truth bombs. Seriously the women associated with Tchalla could be: Monica (both Lynn and rambeau) maliaka, silk, Shang Chi's sister Kwai Far, Even throw Carol in there as a sexual tension between them (wouldn't have then get together, but make it known) hell I would even have Sue Storm mention she would get Down with the king of she wasn't with Reed. Let it be known Tchalla is a king and there are plenty that want to be in that

Exactly.

Also, the reason why i'm side-bar'ing this topic here is because even though the actual comics/floppies are dead to me, they can still have some purpose as the library/memory bank that the MCU pulls from.  If T'Challa and Kwai Far have even an implied romance in the comics.. or White Fox (aka Korean "Black Cat") makes kissy faces at him, that's all Coogler and J Cole need.  They'll run with it and fill in the blanks. 

T'Challa got a lot of strong women in his mytho but not a lot that are applicable (or have been utilized) to do fun suave stuff with.  i.e. James Bond on a mission with a femme fatale... versus James Bond on a mission strictly with his sister and platonic female friends...  There's room for both buuuuut one brings a different type of excitement over the other.  I want to see more of that type of women; wakandan sorceress, 007 agents, demonesses... but without* more of that platonic rudderless stuff. 

Next, Coogler can repurpose Zanda the same way he did Nakia.  Or Sofia.

edit- I meant "without"

Which is what we are getting with Nakia N'yongo and what makes this so exciting that Coogler and T'Chadwick are taking T'Challa where he needs to be. The comics just need someone who can follow suit. Redjack has done some great work on the Avengers Cartoon, I hope that BP is a big success and hopefully he gets more exploration and maybe his own actual solo series (His world is big enough for it) and he can keep getting bigger.

We just need that guy who is a Priest/Hudlin/Mcduffie Bp fan who can channel that powerful BP we need with a stellar artist to realize the greatness and make the comics catch up to the other mediums in terms of how to treat T'Challa. frankly im am  cautiously optimistic with this evans guy and i hope he can produce a solid successful BP run that can potentially maybe turn into an ongoing where we get the REAL T'Challa

Its messed up to say this but sometimes I wonder how much better off T'Challa would have been if Hudlin had just continued writing him in his implied hoe-phase (promiscious/harems/not concerned with romance) instead of the marriage route.  Even though it was very brief, it essentially was laying the groundwork for T'Chadwick.

And Hudlin would've got breh's numbers up lol.  And given Coogler a lot of stuff to work with.

I absolutely agree that T'Challa MOST DEFINITELY needs to be the number 1 Hottest Bachelor in 616. James Bondx100. In my fanfic? T'Challa has to deal with...among other things...the complex multilayered machinations and romantic attentions of Hela, Selene The Black Queen of the Hellfire Club, Moondragon, Red She-Hulk, Green She-Hulk, and Princess Zanda.

Black Widow tried to hit that, too. Several times. So did Tigra, Elektra, Captain Marvel, Rogue, Magik, Firestorm, Silver Sable, The Asgardian Enchantress, Alejandra Jones the female Ghost Rider, Janet van Dyne The Wasp, Mockingbird, and pretty much every other lady. Including Shanna of the jungle, Satanna, Valkyrie, Akivasha The Vampire Princess [ daughter of Akasha, Queen of The Damned, Mother of All Vampires ], Dreamqueen the daughter of the demoness Zhilla Char from being raped by Nightmare, and the goddess Artemis.

Several of the above women succeeded, too. They're in love/lust with T'Challa to this day, as a result. Others came tantalizingly close, thus whetting their appetite even more for the pursuit and conquer of T'Challa.

Spectrum and Susan Storm would both hit that, if they weren't involved with their current men.

honestly i would more so hint to it like hudlin did when He and Storm were interacting, basically saying that when he was younger, he was definitely getting down, but now that he is older, he isn't just looking for a one night stand. He will go on dates though, have relationships, but is mostly just causal.

Agreed, I think T'Challa should be a classy, elegant man-ho.

More Derek Jeter than Dwight Howard.

Like Jeter, he can even have gift baskets tailor-made for each when he has them chauffeured off.  I know Silk would like that

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #1158 on: October 13, 2017, 12:14:32 pm »
Mortal dropping Truth bombs. Seriously the women associated with Tchalla could be: Monica (both Lynn and rambeau) maliaka, silk, Shang Chi's sister Kwai Far, Even throw Carol in there as a sexual tension between them (wouldn't have then get together, but make it known) hell I would even have Sue Storm mention she would get Down with the king of she wasn't with Reed. Let it be known Tchalla is a king and there are plenty that want to be in that

Exactly.

Also, the reason why i'm side-bar'ing this topic here is because even though the actual comics/floppies are dead to me, they can still have some purpose as the library/memory bank that the MCU pulls from.  If T'Challa and Kwai Far have even an implied romance in the comics.. or White Fox (aka Korean "Black Cat") makes kissy faces at him, that's all Coogler and J Cole need.  They'll run with it and fill in the blanks. 

T'Challa got a lot of strong women in his mytho but not a lot that are applicable (or have been utilized) to do fun suave stuff with.  i.e. James Bond on a mission with a femme fatale... versus James Bond on a mission strictly with his sister and platonic female friends...  There's room for both buuuuut one brings a different type of excitement over the other.  I want to see more of that type of women; wakandan sorceress, 007 agents, demonesses... but without* more of that platonic rudderless stuff. 

edit- I meant "without"

Which is what we are getting with Nakia N'yongo and what makes this so exciting that Coogler and T'Chadwick are taking T'Challa where he needs to be. The comics just need someone who can follow suit. Redjack has done some great work on the Avengers Cartoon, I hope that BP is a big success and hopefully he gets more exploration and maybe his own actual solo series (His world is big enough for it) and he can keep getting bigger.

We just need that guy who is a Priest/Hudlin/Mcduffie Bp fan who can channel that powerful BP we need with a stellar artist to realize the greatness and make the comics catch up to the other mediums in terms of how to treat T'Challa. frankly im am  cautiously optimistic with this evans guy and i hope he can produce a solid successful BP run that can potentially maybe turn into an ongoing where we get the REAL T'Challa

Its messed up to say this but sometimes I wonder how much better off T'Challa would have been if Hudlin had just continued writing him in his implied hoe-phase (promiscious/harems/not concerned with romance) instead of the marriage route.  Even though it was very brief, it essentially was laying the groundwork for T'Chadwick.

And Hudlin would've got breh's numbers up lol.  And given Coogler a lot of stuff to work with.

I absolutely agree that T'Challa MOST DEFINITELY needs to be the number 1 Hottest Bachelor in 616. James Bondx100. In my fanfic? T'Challa has to deal with...among other things...the complex multilayered machinations and romantic attentions of Hela, Selene The Black Queen of the Hellfire Club, Moondragon, Red She-Hulk, Green She-Hulk, and Princess Zanda.

Black Widow tried to hit that, too. Several times. So did Tigra, Elektra, Captain Marvel, Rogue, Magik, Firestorm, Silver Sable, The Asgardian Enchantress, Alejandra Jones the female Ghost Rider, Janet van Dyne The Wasp, Mockingbird, and pretty much every other lady. Including Shanna of the jungle, Satanna, Valkyrie, Akivasha The Vampire Princess [ daughter of Akasha, Queen of The Damned, Mother of All Vampires ], Dreamqueen the daughter of the demoness Zhilla Char from being raped by Nightmare, and the goddess Artemis.

Several of the above women succeeded, too. They're in love/lust with T'Challa to this day, as a result. Others came tantalizingly close, thus whetting their appetite even more for the pursuit and conquer of T'Challa.

Spectrum and Susan Storm would both hit that, if they weren't involved with their current men.

honestly i would more so hint to it like hudlin did when He and Storm were interacting, basically saying that when he was younger, he was definitely getting down, but now that he is older, he isn't just looking for a one night stand. He will go on dates though, have relationships, but is mostly just causal.

I would have T'Challa...ON PANEL...evolve to that point. But the problems here are:

1. T'Challa never went through a phase ON PANEL when he is clearly a woman magnet. Being spiritually connected to TPG, he has that massive feline sex appeal embedded in everything he does. Even moreso than Tigra. Much moreso than Tigra. He absolutely eclipses Wolverine at his most magnetic moments, because in addition to being "The Most Dangerous Man Alive"...a title that I resurrected in my fanfic...T'Challa is by far "The Most Sexy and Sensual Man Alive".

And it ain't even close.

On panel, we should see women react to him in a way that acknowledges that he is very attractive. Even if they aren't going to hop into bed with him because they plan on heinously murdering him, they should say/think/do something to the effect of:" dayamn he is fine, though!" And this should happen for YEARS. He's been linked with 2 women in 50 years. He's way overdue in giving women the OMG BLACK PANTHER reaction to the mention of his name, and the OMFG HE'S HERE reaction to his presence for at least 2-3 years. All while his movies are dropping. What...a trilogy of Panther movies, right? So that's what...6 years tops before the trilogy is done? Then that's how long we should be seeing THE PANTHER EFFECT on women. After or during that time?

He should marry Storm. Yeah, I said it. Gonna keep on saying it. T'Choro Foe Life...Mack-10 style.

2. T'Challa should be teaming up with...and politically+strategically battling against...gorgeous capes and criminals of the female persuasion. In so doing, we should double down on and expand upon a specific character trait that R to the H highlighted, and which to me not only makes perfect sense for the character, but is a triple threat incredibly important message to send to men and women in general, men and women of color in particular, and is just so hellafied cool:

TChalla. Does. Not. Fight. Women.

This single character trait of his? Gives the amazing women around him the spotlight and the floor to shine their incredible abilities and uniqueness. Imagine "Dreamqueen" coming after T'Challa, and T'Challa outwits and outmaneuvers her...but will not strike her. That is crazy dope. Basically we have a character trait of T'Challa's that guarantees us the spectacle and sight of say...seeing Queen Ramonda in fighting action [ whom we saw for the first and last time getting her h2h on during RH's inaugural WHO IS THE BLACK PANTHER ], Shuri, The Dora Milaje, The Midnight Angels... against the most villainous femme fatales in the 616.

The depths of stratagem, the use of his megagenius in these situations, would be literally new territory for the character. It gives T'Challa feats on top of feats. Plus it's fun. I wrote [ and you will see in forthcoming chapters ] fight scenes with T'Challa vs Moondragon, T'Challa vs Hercules, T'Challa vs Hela, T'Challa vs Doom, and other fights you DEFINITELY wanna read about.

Especially one encounter. I mean...this one shoulda happened roundabout 2008. I looked around, and nobody even MENTIONED this obvious interplay and whatnot until [ believe it or not ] Jonathan Maberry did it. You add to that the specific character traits that Stan Lee had T'Challa display when he first met The Fantastic Four, the traits that CJP created and RH both made doper and doubled down on for T'Challa visavis his joining The Avengers? Then this here joust should have happened awhile ago.

I get to make history and be the first writer...fan fic or otherwise...who gets to do this for T'Challa. Me liking that.

Anywho. Doing this stuff?  It really is madd fun. And it took me to places that I literally had not imagined or thought of, until the task of scripting their fight and how their primary character traits would manifest in the strategies tactics and dialogue of their fight(s) became real. Plotting out the specifics of these distinctly different encounters, imbuing each with its own distinct flavor, recognizable character traits showing each character at their very best...not jobbing ANYONE. And still pulling off a T'Challa victory that is both plausible and surprising...increasing the respect that the reader has not only for the character of BP, but for the scribe scripting his adventures? That's a major plus.

Which takes us right back to the decision to have T'Challa messing with a good number of women over these next 6 years. I actually LIKE that Coates has Storm back in T'Challa's orbit. I do.

But. I fear to read his stuff regarding the two of them, because he probably has Storm upbraiding T'Challa, just like he had everyone else upbraiding T'Challa. He probably has T'Challa getting his simp on to Storm, even though freakin Storm led a X-Team into Wakanda, talked about T'Challa KO'ing her on some BS type deal, and Storm was bangin Wolverine for a good while until he dumped her for another White girl. I am NOT trying to read that garbage.

My T'Challa? OUR T'Challa? Not going out like that. There is a reckoning required. We have to resolve the Storm+Wolverine thing.

That's a good challenge to throw out to the HEF. If you are now in charge of BP, you have to have Storm in the story for a few arcs, AND you HAVE TO ACCEPT that Storm+Wolverine happened...how do you spin that? I have a rather cool solution [ cool to me, imho, anyway ]...but I want to read/hear yours.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: October 13, 2017, 01:24:58 pm »

Which takes us right back to the decision to have T'Challa messing with a good number of women over these next 6 years. I actually LIKE that Coates has Storm back in T'Challa's orbit. I do.

But. I fear to read his stuff regarding the two of them, because he probably has Storm upbraiding T'Challa, just like he had everyone else upbraiding T'Challa. He probably has T'Challa getting his simp on to Storm, even though freakin Storm led a X-Team into Wakanda, talked about T'Challa KO'ing her on some BS type deal, and Storm was bangin Wolverine for a good while until he dumped her for another White girl. I am NOT trying to read that garbage.

My T'Challa? OUR T'Challa? Not going out like that. There is a reckoning required. We have to resolve the Storm+Wolverine thing.

That's a good challenge to throw out to the HEF. If you are now in charge of BP, you have to have Storm in the story for a few arcs, AND you HAVE TO ACCEPT that Storm+Wolverine happened...how do you spin that? I have a rather cool solution [ cool to me, imho, anyway ]...but I want to read/hear yours.

Perhaps Mr. Coates will take on your challenge to brighten T'Challa's future.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: October 13, 2017, 02:06:14 pm »

My bulletpoint story:
-Revisit the idea that Wolvie is of canine evolution. Think this story was in a Wolverine title.
-Make that tribe pre-Wakanda, but lost a battle to Bashenga during the formation, but they still lived in the area.
-Make Storms ancestors village a lost tribe of Wakanda that left the area because they disagreed with the isolation policies.
-Then Romulus and a new Storm villain(from said village) team up to take Wakanda.
-BP invites Wolverine and Storm on a 6-8 issue arc to stop the threat before it happens.
-Sometime along the way the two spend a day and a night fighting. Then they come to an understanding.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: October 13, 2017, 02:08:24 pm »
So, I hear there's a movie coming out….

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: October 13, 2017, 02:13:02 pm »

I posted the preview pages for the prequel comic.

Blind Wedjat says two week until new trailer.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 02:16:54 pm by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: October 13, 2017, 02:44:12 pm »

Exactly.

edit- I meant "without"

Agreed, I think T'Challa should be a classy, elegant man-ho.

More Derek Jeter than Dwight Howard.

Like Jeter, he can even have gift baskets tailor-made for each when he has them chauffeured off.  I know Silk would like that

Excatly, Hudlin got it right, when women were eyeing TChalla when he went to the club to get Shuri, how the famous girl was fawning over him and wanted to get down, Shang chi's sister was ready to get down, on his bachelor party then dancers were ready to all get down with him.. Pak had Silk fang girling over him.. Thats how i would expect it to go down, and for the most part Tchalla would be very specific though, have more casual relationships. No marriage right now, no weird hook ups. Just a classy dude that handles business.

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: October 13, 2017, 04:16:50 pm »

I posted the preview pages for the prequel comic.

Blind Wedjat says two week until new trailer.

That makes sense.  That'll have it out just in time to be attached to THOR: RAGNAROK.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: October 13, 2017, 05:33:20 pm »
Monica is a grounded element. From all the Warriors and superpowered folks she grounds T'Challa. Thats her appeal. I think honestly Comics may lack that a bit. Having the Heroes actually interact with civilians more and have relationships outside of other heroes.

I do think that capes interacting with us regular folks is very important. But that role? Is ably and hilarious filled by Everett Ross, "King of the Useless White Boys" as he once dubbed himself. Hahahaha. What can Monica add to the mythos that makes sense? Ohhh...T'Challa heard her music and was like: "I'm in love"? Nah. Wakandan music moonwalks on Monica's music...and Monica has dope music! Monica somehow finds herself in Wakanda and saves T'Challa from certain death at the hands of Killmonger at Warrior Falls? First off, T'Challa would mollywhop Killmonger. Seriously. T'Challa would think circles around Killmonger and usually wouldn't even have to condescend to beat Killmonger down. But if they fight...like I showed in my fanfic...T'Challa would wtfpwn [ I had to bring that "pwn" back ] Eric. Eric's enhanced physical strength and stuff doesn't hold a candle to a Black Panther lineage that boasts 1,000,000 years of NEVER LOSING OR BEING TIED IN A FIGHT.

But let's say that Eric got the [ impossible ] drop on BP and tossed him off the Falls. Here comes Monica...and OUTWORLDER...to save him? Nah. Hell nah. It's not like the DM wouldn't've done that saving thing. Or even just regular Wakandan military wouldn't've done that .I don't know how Monica materially adds to the story in a worthwhile capacity, though.

That "we need a regular civilian perspective" idea is cool. Important. But how does MONICA provide a insight that NOBODY ELSE HAS but WHICH IS VALUABLE TO THE READER AND THE MYTHOS? Man, we could revive RH's thing and CJP's thing and Frank Miller's thing and have news anchors giving reports and interviewing the woman and man on the street to concisely and believably express that idea. We could run with the great idea in SAM WILSON CAPTAIN AMERICA and have Twitter feeds, Facebook posts, etc convey these same perspectives but more bracingly.

Remember...T'Challa is a King. Signs treaties and stuff. Ends droughts and human rights abuses in Afrika. And Southeast Asia, too, which is 80% Black. He travels the world. He sees regular folks WAY MORE  than he sees capes. WAY. MORE.

On top of that? He's spelled other capes when they were injured or whatever. Like Daredevil. Which means? He's met people like The Night Nurse. SHE'S a norm. Her insight would handle that bizness for a POV of a regular person dealing with supers during their most vulnerable times.

Monica is a talented musician. Singer. A smart, strong sister. But again, I see her adding ZERO of real substance to the story or mythos. Honestly, I can't see her WANTING TO be in BP's world. I WANT to come up with a angle for her, but Queen Mother Ramonda in her original canon handles the whole "Outsider" thing better than Monica. And if The Queen Mother is made Wakandan? How exactly does Monica fit within a WARRIOR TECH PHILOSOPHER SPIRITUALIST culture? She can get with the spiritualist part through her music, I think. Maybe rock a bit of the philosopher part. But that's it.

Exactly WHAT does she have to offer that other ladies DON'T have to offer? I mean...ladies from the Caped Community? Villains AND heroes? In my fanfic, I got a whole chapter or three delving into this. Not just for T'Challa, but for Shuri too. Many guys would love to hit that Shuri Panther love. Just like most of us would hit Storm at our first...and every other...opportunity.

So. Specifically. What does non superpowered Monica add to the mythos?

I see it that despite it all? T'Challa is still a man, He still makes mistakes, he will still sometimes lose, as great as he is and Wakanda is as well, he is still human and humans occasionally fall (This would be something if i were penning BP that i would have only happen after he had a MINIMUM of 5 years of Pure straight baller showings letting everyone know who the king is) only to come back stronger then ever. That's why if there was a big event going on, i know it was mentioned before about Marvel Zombies coming back, I wouldn't just show Wakanda having redshirts off handily taking care of them with the Cure because it doesn't allow for T'Challa to get that shine, or serve to add a level of suspense.

So What could Monica Add? honestly, i hate Mcgregors treatement of T'Challa and Wakanda (Im surprised and disgusted at the fact at that was him did was him apparently going to bat for T'challa as opposed to what editorial WANTED him to show) But the things he did get right for better or worse, was T'Challa's endurance and tenacity, and the relationship between Him and Monica. I actually like Monica in Mcgregors run, and Priest, despite me loving what he did for T'Challa and the mythos, I didn't like his take on monica, i actually disliked her as a character. Hudlin didn't really touch on it but briefly but i felt there was still potential there.

At this point, I'd be curious to learn what exactly editorial wanted him to show.  Make a side by side comparison and determine which was the worse of the lose-lose situation lol.

I think i mentioned it earlier but Priest was my introduction to BP and his Monica... well... it wasn't the best first impression.  She felt washed up and T'Challa just needed to get over her.  Like a sad love story where happiness comes with him letting go of her so he can truly find happiness.  Or something poetically corny like that.

From what he's ( Don M) posted online over the years.
It seemed to be a mixed of they felt BP/Wakanda we're shown  to be TO capable, is outright refusal to have white characters randomly show up in Wakanda & save/help BP every 5 mins & the lack of whiteness in cast/book, Too much Black Love (with Monica & BP), also they seemed to feared he was in tune with the plight or struggle of Blk ppl..

He was friend from the book because he refused to have BP save by random whiteness or add any white Heroes to the cast, instead he double down & said y'all want me to put some white folks in here, ok I will & then made the KKK the next villan & said see I added some white ppl lol & then was let out mid arc.
Then Kirby came back to marvel & this is only speculation on my part, but I'd assume they told him the same thing about adding whiteness to cast. Which is probably why Kirby ended up creating and adding the Collectors to the book, with that arc of BP in some fans opinions more about the collectors then BP himself. With Kriby getting frustrated with marvel for various reasons & haveing some else finish the series out with BP as  you can guess it teaming up with more whiteness ( this time some of the Avengers) to save the day.

So basically they seemed to want BP to be sexless, lose even more, get his ass beat even more, have random white characters come to Wakanda or move their & help him ( it's fun that we would get Ross, White Wolf , & etc almost 20 years later), have BP powers shown ever weaker or shown to have no power.. Or something closer to Roy Thomas version he got as beat alot, said the right things & waited for the Avengers or F4 to save him ( the version J Mayberry was a fan of).
Pull List

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: October 14, 2017, 02:42:39 pm »
ANDY SERKIS' BLACK PANTHER VILLAIN OUT TO EXPOSE WAKANDA'S "HYPOCRISY"

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/10/14/andy-serkis-black-panther-villain-out-to-expose-wakandas-hypocrisy

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1167 on: October 14, 2017, 03:57:27 pm »
Interesting

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: October 14, 2017, 06:15:51 pm »
ANDY SERKIS' BLACK PANTHER VILLAIN OUT TO EXPOSE WAKANDA'S "HYPOCRISY"

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/10/14/andy-serkis-black-panther-villain-out-to-expose-wakandas-hypocrisy

I bet people are gonna be pissed at Wakanda over Klaw's revelation, but then something will happen that fully justifies Wakanda's isolationist stance.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #1169 on: October 14, 2017, 09:21:54 pm »
BTW, you don't need the inhumans to give a love interest powers.

In addition to whatever sorcery is out there ala tetu, or whatever other gods are messing around with stuff

you can easily have someone develop powers via the vibranium mound.

Yea, the mythos have their own gods and sorcery.  A Wakandan love interest should be empowered by a Wakandan god.  Or God forbid T'Challa gets to meet a Nigerian, Eritrean or some other African woman in the continent he was born in lol.  And god forbid they have super powers too, by Afrikan gods

Yes, I thought of all that stuff...and was going back and forth with it. There's some really great ground that should be covered and filled in because it's vital to world building. Whether or not these powerful women become romantically linked with T'Challa...they should be there. Period. Expressing the massive reach, diversity, etc of Afrika. Setting up incredible stories that affect Wakanda, because their decisions affect Afrika and the Diaspora.  Nkisi warrior princess avatars. The Rain Queens being there, for real. Straight from Afrikan legend. The real Orisha showing up, with say...the avatar of Osun being on deck. That would be very difficult for T'Challa to resist.

I already rewrote and amped Princess Zanda. As I have been saying for years, there is stupid much potential there. I mean, if Zanda is Princess...who's the Queen and King? Why has T'Challa and T'Chaka and N'yami let Narobia continue to exist at all? Same with Mohannda. These countries/Kingdoms/whatevers have aggressed upon Wakanda. That means your country gotta go bye-bye, cuz Wakanda don't play that.

Also? How would T'Challa react to WOMEN aggressing upon him? Remember, R to the H had T'Challa famously say that he DOESN'T fight women. That was one of the very very few things that rubbed me wrong about CJP BP. CJP BP is the dopest most royal most ruthless most manipulative shrewdest BP ever. But he not only fought with The Deadly Nightshade, he allowed his arrogance to cause him to LOSE to her.

Hell naw.

The DM would probably kill Nightshade off top. Just because she ran up on His Royal Pantherness.

T'Challa wouldn't even condescend to fight Nightshade. I mean, seriously...when was the last time that you saw Captain America get beat by a woman in a fight? Answer: MOONDRAGON. 30 or so years ago. That's about it. And T'Challa? Got the brains, skills, tech, lineage, and resources that Steve literally couldn't imagine.

A villain or villainess...or new female ally...whose power came from The Vibranium Mound? Sensible, but...again, this character would do WHAT for T'Challa that nobody else can do? Exactly what can she tell her King, her Lord of the Wakandas, that he doesn't already know?

I keep coming back to the REAL Ororo as the REAL match for T'Challa. R to the H had it right, yall.

I agree.  I actually like the potential of Princess Zanda more than I do Monica.  I'd like an expansion of Afrika past just Wakanda and the angry roided gorilla tribe. I think Zanda provides an opportunity to open that up more and a chance to revamp that character to be a bit more fancy.  She's someone i'd like to see enhanced/revamped power-wise by her own country's deities.  She's someone i'd like to see be a dime piece who is still a major frenemy of T'Challa but is annoyed that he doesn't fawn over her like all other men do and lowkey tries not to fawn over him. 

Every time I see that character.. I think Jyll Scott & a better looking Afrikan version of Big Barda.. a lot of good can be done with her..

^^^Absolutelyabsolutelyabsolutely. Cosign like Tangent.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw