Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MCU - WAKANDA FOREVER - Ture's Review  (Read 1082904 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!!
« Reply #1290 on: November 07, 2017, 09:00:06 am »
Her role is the most important. In the comic book, T'Challa is a scientist and a king, but my sister is the whiz kid. She is the one with that gift. She's the Tony Stark of Wakanda. She's witty, she's cool, she's funny. Now T'Challa is good in science too, but she's the whiz. That's the way the story's been told forever. T'Challa is technologically sound. He's a scientist as well, but she's the minister of technology.

At this point for the movie side, this seems to be as good as it will get in regards to T'Challa and his genius. I still wish he didn't have to share his skill sets with other characters considering no other hero has done that.. But oh well. It will still be an amazing movie and atleast he is a ...... scientist and tech sound

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1291 on: November 07, 2017, 08:04:24 pm »
Her role is the most important. In the comic book, T'Challa is a scientist and a king, but my sister is the whiz kid. She is the one with that gift. She's the Tony Stark of Wakanda. She's witty, she's cool, she's funny. Now T'Challa is good in science too, but she's the whiz. That's the way the story's been told forever. T'Challa is technologically sound. He's a scientist as well, but she's the minister of technology.

At this point for the movie side, this seems to be as good as it will get in regards to T'Challa and his genius. I still wish he didn't have to share his skill sets with other characters considering no other hero has done that.. But oh well. It will still be an amazing movie and atleast he is a ...... scientist and tech sound

LOL. The crying panda is killing it. They could have made Shuri as smart as Stark without diminishing T'Challa. I would like them to explain why if in fact they did reduce T'Challa's mental acumen.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1292 on: November 07, 2017, 08:06:09 pm »

courtesy of CBR's Ekie

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: November 07, 2017, 08:13:32 pm »

LOL. The crying panda is killing it. They could have made Shuri as smart as Stark without diminishing T'Challa. I would like them to explain why if in fact they did reduce T'Challa's mental acumen.

Honestly all they would need to do to make up for it is a dark Knight rises fixing of the autopilot moment.
Shuri is shown as the "whiz kid" and like T'chadwick said in another interview "She thinks she is smarter then Tchalla" but then there comes a moment that solidifies Tchalla as the polymath that he is and he solves an Issue that no one, not Shuri, or any other bright mind can figure out. That way Shuri is the inspiration girls need, and Tchalla keeps all of his skills. Everyone wins

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1294 on: November 07, 2017, 08:52:00 pm »

Honestly all they would need to do to make up for it is a dark Knight rises fixing of the autopilot moment.
Shuri is shown as the "whiz kid" and like T'chadwick said in another interview "She thinks she is smarter then Tchalla" but then there comes a moment that solidifies Tchalla as the polymath that he is and he solves an Issue that no one, not Shuri, or any other bright mind can figure out. That way Shuri is the inspiration girls need, and Tchalla keeps all of his skills. Everyone wins

Yea its that simple Brother Ezyo.

Movie wise Shuri can indeed be on Stark's level but T'Challa is something more. Does one ever wonder why T'challa never built an all powerful armor? The answer is simple. He didn't want to. Shuri is limited to tech, T'Challa is a polymath and has even credited with the discovery of a new field of science. Shuri knows T'Challa is smarter. He doesn't have to remind her as much as he does the audience.

This penchant to prop up one under served group or individual at the expense of another under served group or individual for  diversification or inclusion in the white males sphere of influence is asinine.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: November 07, 2017, 11:58:16 pm »
They can even play the scientist angle too but I think an unsolvable feat that only Tchalla can get work's the best. Sure it's been done before but still. Otherwise the scientist feat would have to be massive to show Shuri may be the whiz kid, but T'Challa is an unmatched scientist (Shadow Physics maybe)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1296 on: November 08, 2017, 12:05:53 am »
They can even play the scientist angle too but I think an unsolvable feat that only Tchalla can get work's the best. Sure it's been done before but still. Otherwise the scientist feat would have to be massive to show Shuri may be the whiz kid, but T'Challa is an unmatched scientist (Shadow Physics maybe)

That'll work, hopefully enough to get that panda to stop crying.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1297 on: November 08, 2017, 12:06:12 am »
I saw Thor Ragnarok over the weekend. It was good, typical superhero fare. The best showing for Thor out of his trilogy. Unfortunately it also showcased why the Hulk may not be able to carry a solo film. I enjoyed the use of Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song in both the trailer and film... which brings us back to Black Panther. My cousin and I were discussing what songs should be on the BP soundtrack and which one would be its Immigrant Song so to speak.

Fete by Babacar Faye
Ajaja by Babatunde Olatunji 
Gin Go Lo Ba by Babatunde Olatunji
African Exchange Student by Kenny Garret
Rebel Music 3 O'Clock Road Block by Bob Marley
Sun Goddess by Ramsey Lewis

Just off the top of my head. I'll come back to this and detail it.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: November 08, 2017, 05:14:59 am »

I think, sadly, people would complain that the movie downgrades a woman to showcase a man, if T'Challa did that.   Leaving it vague, avoids that accusation.  Or have him do something when she isn't there. 
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 05:17:28 am by KIP LEWIS »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1299 on: November 08, 2017, 08:45:12 am »

I think, sadly, people would complain that the movie downgrades a woman to showcase a man, if T'Challa did that.   Leaving it vague, avoids that accusation.  Or have him do something when she isn't there.

Why is that Kip? Is Pepper diminished because Tony is her intellectual superior? No. T'Challa is simply more advanced than Shuri and that is not a slight against women. I wonder if there will be any outcry about T'Challa being downgraded to showcase Shuri.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 10:18:49 am by Ture »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: November 08, 2017, 09:11:28 am »
I don't know how many movies Chadwick signed up for, but I imagine he was  planting the seeds for Shuri to become BP eventually.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1301 on: November 08, 2017, 10:26:13 am »
I don't know how many movies Chadwick signed up for, but I imagine he was  planting the seeds for Shuri to become BP eventually.

The concern I have with this legacy transition is we don't get enough of T'Challa the Black Panther. As the first so called Black superhero, T'Challa the Black Panther needs a couple of decades of exposure and positive promotion before he gives up the mantle. Better still, I prefer Shuri developing her own suit and identity and they team up and have some adventures together. Win, win.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1302 on: November 08, 2017, 10:31:30 am »
i think giving Shuri a designed role (tech whiz) is so you dont HAVE to make her a black panther.

she has a role and she is obviously proficient at combat since she is fighting peeps in the movie.

comic shuri was created for one reason (to be black panther)... mcu one wasnt.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 08, 2017, 10:33:16 am »

This might be, the only saving grace with Coates BP if they decide to use more of his mythos, is that they could have Shuri go the more spiritual route rather then be Tchalla with boobs. That said, in regards to esteemed Brother Kip it wouldn't be a down grade if like T'chadwick said, they play on the fact that Shuri thinks she is smarter than T'Challa and so when he solves something that no one else could solve (her or her team of bright minds both men and women) it showcases how
brilliant he is. Or they could go with a huge scientific breakthrough that no one had been able to figure out in 10k year's got Tchalla.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1304 on: November 08, 2017, 10:44:42 am »
i think giving Shuri a designed role (tech whiz) is so you dont HAVE to make her a black panther.

she has a role and she is obviously proficient at combat since she is fighting peeps in the movie.

comic shuri was created for one reason (to be black panther)... mcu one wasnt.

Good points and if they can include T'Challa's genius level intellect this works for me.