Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - BP2 Wakanda Forever... Footage Released at CinemaCon  (Read 885624 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!!
« Reply #1380 on: November 21, 2017, 04:58:53 am »
Was the Superman scene as good as everyone was saying?

and was Batman as fat and flabby as everyone was saying?

Thanks

Supes...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
he basically solo'd the league, left, came back later and basically solo'd Steppenwolfe with ease. plus he smiled. and was hopeful. and his suit was bluer lol

Fatfleck was noticeably bloated in parts lol

Hal...

not in it, just some random alien Green Lantern who Stepphenwolfe killed in a flashback sequence. Not even Abin Sur or whatever teh hell his name was

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: November 21, 2017, 05:57:12 am »

Thanks

Supes...

he basically solo'd the league, left, came back later and basically solo'd Steppenwolfe with ease. plus he smiled. and was hopeful. and his suit was bluer lol

This clarifies one complaint I had heard: What was the point of a sum is greater than it's parts campaign (unite the seven er league!) when you really only needed one part to equal that same sum, and all other parts could've stayed they ass home?

Hahahahah

Hal...

not in it, just some random alien Green Lantern who Stepphenwolfe killed in a flashback sequence. Not even Abin Sur or whatever teh hell his name was

bbb-but unite the seven...  ::)

How many leaders you said you needed then left ‘em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, it’s King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1382 on: November 21, 2017, 06:32:15 am »

Thanks

Supes...

This clarifies one complaint I had heard: What was the point of a sum is greater than it's parts campaign (unite the seven er league!) when you really only needed one part to equal that same sum, and all other parts could've stayed they ass home?

Hahahahah

Hal...

bbb-but unite the seven...  ::)

Supes

yeah... yeah. It was rather... interesting. Steppenwolfe beat WW, Aquaman, and WW + Aquaman at the same time (cyborg too busy standing somewehre, flash cant fight, Batman knew better) on more than one occassion. Superman shows up, Goku punches the dude multiple times (while quipping), then speeds off to save civilians and Steppenwolfe goes right back to beating WW+Aquaman... until Superman come back and commenses his Goku punching (while quipping).

Steppenwolfe knew he done f*cked up when the kryptonian returned lol

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: November 21, 2017, 07:07:31 am »
Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman* (or Hawkgirl  ;))

Now that's the Justice League.  Super overpowered heroes assembling from literally all around the universe.

However, what was being marketed in theaters seemed lacking, like an off brand discount version ordered from China.  Asked for the Golden State Warriors and got the Rio Grande Valley Vipers.

The DCEU team didn't seem larger than life.  Should've got Jonathan Stewart and J'onnz Johns the gawd

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: November 21, 2017, 08:17:43 pm »
Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman* (or Hawkgirl  ;))

Now that's the Justice League.  Super overpowered heroes assembling from literally all around the universe.

However, what was being marketed in theaters seemed lacking, like an off brand discount version ordered from China.  Asked for the Golden State Warriors and got the Rio Grande Valley Vipers.

The DCEU team didn't seem larger than life.  Should've got Jonathan Stewart and J'onnz Johns the gawd

I doubt DC will ever put Martian Manhunter in same book or let alone movie with Superman, Aquaman & Wonderwoman ever again..

Hawkgirl or Hawkwoman maybe, but also not likely.. Due DC needs to push culture theft character Hawkman, that would make team have 4 or 5 bricks on team of 7-8, plus the Focus/refocus on WW using a meale weapon..

I'm on paper imo Manhunter more powerful than all of them when written correctly, but they will never allow him to more powerful than  SM & WW.  Let alone Aquaman.. the only way they will let him take as much damages they do or extend Toe to Toe with them at this point is he is an antagonist or mind controlled or etc..

Also both he and Aquaman use telepathy but he's (MM) vastly Superior at that as well & a better or atleast just as good as detective as Batman... No way they will show that aswell..

If he was on the roster they would more than likely used him to feed to villain ( take ass beating to show just how strong said villain is)..

I love MM & Hawkgirl/woman ( when she's a POC), CJP or another really talented writer would make em all , but also wouldn't be shocked if there is a mandate not to use them in certain ways or in certain places...

A

Pull List

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: November 22, 2017, 03:25:49 am »
JL was poorly written, even taking into account the studio interference.  As a friend of mine likes to say, DC makes superhero movies.

Marvel makes political thrillers, fantasy movies, science fiction movies, and heist films.

The WB has had their last chance with me.  I'll only see another DCEU film if there are extenuating circumstances (e.g. I'm taking someone else who wants to see it)

Marvel, OTOH, is making BLACK PANTHER.  We should have a thread about it. 8)

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: November 22, 2017, 03:30:05 am »
Speaking of which, am I the only person who gets a little tired of people looking for reasons to dislike the film? 

"They are filming in the US!  We won't see Wakanda much!"

"They haven't shown Shuri.  How can they make a movie without her?"

"Shuri is too smart!  She's taking away from T'Challa!"

"I saw the force push!  They are using Coates' story!"

The way I figure it, we're getting 95-98% (figure pulled out of my ass) of the movie we want.   I refuse to let the remaining percentage ruin my expectations or potential enjoyment.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: November 22, 2017, 07:36:46 am »

I doubt DC will ever put Martian Manhunter in same book or let alone movie with Superman, Aquaman & Wonderwoman ever again..

Hawkgirl or Hawkwoman maybe, but also not likely.. Due DC needs to push culture theft character Hawkman, that would make team have 4 or 5 bricks on team of 7-8, plus the Focus/refocus on WW using a meale weapon..

I'm on paper imo Manhunter more powerful than all of them when written correctly, but they will never allow him to more powerful than  SM & WW.  Let alone Aquaman.. the only way they will let him take as much damages they do or extend Toe to Toe with them at this point is he is an antagonist or mind controlled or etc..

Also both he and Aquaman use telepathy but he's (MM) vastly Superior at that as well & a better or atleast just as good as detective as Batman... No way they will show that aswell..

If he was on the roster they would more than likely used him to feed to villain ( take ass beating to show just how strong said villain is)..

I love MM & Hawkgirl/woman ( when she's a POC), CJP or another really talented writer would make em all , but also wouldn't be shocked if there is a mandate not to use them in certain ways or in certain places...

A

I understand not having MM if they want to maximize the 7 slots with as many real world demographics.  But not having MM because he's more john blaze than the other JL'ers?  I mean, yea i can see that too.  I just don't like it, b/c fruk Superman! lol.  I want MM to be the strongest there is haha.

I still would've put in Stewart (of course) and a latina Zatanna, or something.  I'd rather have poc Hawkgirl but her abilities seem kinda redundant with out-of-water Aquaman.

Ideally, I'd still throw a hissy fit for the JLU team b/c that's my justice league *insert crying Terrell Owens gif*

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1388 on: November 22, 2017, 07:48:14 am »
Speaking of which, am I the only person who gets a little tired of people looking for reasons to dislike the film? 

The way I figure it, we're getting 95-98% (figure pulled out of my ass) of the movie we want.   I refuse to let the remaining percentage ruin my expectations or potential enjoyment.

This is true.

I'm guilty of it at times as well.

I think fanboys are gonna nitpick up to the movie, and the freak out during the movie and see it 5x lol.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: November 22, 2017, 07:50:29 am »

I'm just going to take Cooglers word in which he listed genius as well, which is something I wanted to hear.
It was a little frustrating Because other heroes weren't sharing their skillsets with their supporting cast. But I think we will get a good Super genius feat from Tchalla so I'm good.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1390 on: November 22, 2017, 09:11:06 am »
WE ARE

86 DAYS

AWAY FROM

THE MOST SPECTACULAR CINEMATIC EVENT FOR AFRAKAN (SO CALLED BLACK) PEOPLE, AND THE WORLD IS GOING TO LOVE IT.

I am hyped about the movie especially, new merchandise specifically and new comics potentially. What I don't expect is anything as grievous as what Coastes, Maberry or Hickman has done to be seen on film. Are there going to flaws and missteps,  I expect so and some (myself included) will point them out. That's what enthusiasts and fans do. That doesn't  fatigue me or reduce the shine of the event that will be the Black Panther movie. What I'm most tired of is the criminally lackluster presentation the Black Panther has been receiving in the pages of his own comic book.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:31:34 am by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: November 22, 2017, 06:05:53 pm »
The movie poster image above:

T'Challa possess claws or gauntlets? :)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: November 22, 2017, 06:10:40 pm »
Retractable claws were in the civil war gloves.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1393 on: November 23, 2017, 08:59:01 am »
As a writer of Black Panther Coates is dying and he is trying to kill T'Challa and Wakanda so he doesn't have die alone. However Coatesverse BP will not matter. Why? Because the Black Panther comic book as written by Coates will be obsolete. Remember when Coates talked about making Black Panther some kid's Spider-Man... here's Ryan Coogler talking about how he’s making the movie he would have wanted to see as a kid.

“These kids they are gonna save all of us,” said Coogler. “We got to do our part to keep pushing things forward. To see a movie where somebody looks like me that is a king and knows their ancestry and has an army of incredible folks around them and who believe in them? I don’t know what that would have done for me when I was 10 years old.”

“Realizing that we were going to have this film where a father and son talk to each other in this native African language in a superhero movie — it hit me for a moment,” he said. “It was emotionally moving. That was big one.”

Full article  https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11/22/ryan-coogler-black-panther-moving/
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: November 24, 2017, 05:06:58 am »
For my 500th post, a new taste of the TRUE Black Panther: