Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER WAKANDA FOREVER - Angela Bassett 'objected' to Queen Ramonda twist  (Read 1045642 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!!
« Reply #1485 on: December 03, 2017, 12:56:46 pm »
Valykrie gets a movie with Hulk and Doctor Strange and then introduce a Nighthawk (new one) and put Trish in a Hellcat costume and call it the Def....oh.

Hulk, strange, valkryie, tchalla, namor woukd ve such a cool ass team.....jyst call it uktimates instead.

Add gamora instead of namor if you want

I wouldn't mind seeing the Ultimates show up on the big screen, that would be pretty baller. This line up works too so long as they get Namor down right. He is an A hole and they need to remember that

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: December 03, 2017, 01:48:56 pm »
Valykrie gets a movie with Hulk and Doctor Strange and then introduce a Nighthawk (new one) and put Trish in a Hellcat costume and call it the Def....oh.

Hulk, strange, valkryie, tchalla, namor woukd ve such a cool ass team.....jyst call it uktimates instead.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Ultimates show up on the big screen, that would be pretty baller. This line up works too so long as they get Namor down right. He is an A hole and they need to remember that

Sadly, I heard Marvel doesn't have the movie rights to Namor.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1487 on: December 03, 2017, 02:23:39 pm »

Hes like hulk. Its even universal again.

They don't have solo rights to namor.  They can make a team movie ala hulk.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: December 03, 2017, 02:32:43 pm »

Hes like hulk. Its even universal again.

They don't have solo rights to namor.  They can make a team movie ala hulk.

Perfect put him in Ultimates and call it good.
Do it up

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: December 03, 2017, 03:31:43 pm »

Why not the Revengers?  ??? :D

Shame the Defenders more or less flopped. Nobody cares about DD, Cage JJ and IF teaming up.  Or at least not with a cheap budget and a crappy IF.

I like the team minus Gamora, probably would need a female a bit more personality
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: December 03, 2017, 03:56:17 pm »
I'm going to be disgusted when they make Monica into Carol's black best friend in 2019

I'm still holding out hope, she gets introduced elsewhere first.. I'd prefer BP or a Avengers or Ultimate movie

Well with Nick Fury confirmed, maybe they'll feel the black quota is filled and wouldn't feel the need for anymore black best friends for life?

I'm sure team movies will be the next big wave, although what needs to happen is for us to not get complacent after BP comes out and instead tell Marvel "oh no no no, we still got like 5 other black folks off top that's gon need that MCU reparations package! 

Very true...
Oh btw...

guess who just got added to Marvel Future Fight?  Blue Marvel. 

Guess what they call the 3 person lineup of Blue Marvel, Carol Danvers and Black Panther?

Captain Marvel's Ultimates
   ::)

4sake, they trolling us.

Oh and they included America Chavez... but no Spectrum. 

They had their Thor Ragnorak 3 character pack last month.

So we're probably 2 months (end of January) from getting our Black Panther movie pack and storyline.  Undoubtedly with an upgraded BP, added costume, + Okoye, Nakia, Shuri, Erik and Klaw.

Damn right they trolling hard..

Y'know it's inevitable they're going to give T'Chadwick and Brie Danvers some weird love hate platonic frenemies dynamic in future Avenger movies, right?

The comics, cartoon, and now video games... they've been steadily preparing us for that dynamic.

T'CvB:Dawn of the Ultimates.  Yall think i'm joking

They are trying to make Carol into Marvel's WW and people have called BP Marvel's Batman and DC tried to make WW and BM into a couple.  (never realized what his initials were; no wonder they always call him Bats and not BM.)

Agreed. It's all part of their half-assed master plan.

Half-assed b/c there's no emotional weight for them to work with.  The CWII thing was a small footnote compared to Tony/Carol (which itself was just a poor Tony/Steve imitation).  Outside of that, BP/CM aren't friends and don't have a reason to be around each other apart from "alpha flight skype meetings".  And when they are around each other, it's just generic snoose-fest.

They either gotta make us think they want to bang each other or that there's some deep philosophical divide that will always have everyone on edge if not looking forward to seeing them in the same room, ala BP and Namor.

It's bad idea..
Just be 100% honset BP & Methany are bad to par together in anyway..
Either of those type rships should be should be done where goal is to get the some percentage bases of each show the characters fan base interested enough to purchase the other characters book once their favorite character stops appearing are teaming up with him..

Methany is bad idea :
1. Has a much smaller fan base at the BP & and within that small fan base a good percentage of it is currently boycotting her current Adventures for various reasons.

2. Marvel at a minimum has quadruple down on making Methany there  top/lead female hero so so regardless of rightly or wrongly show to be wrong when she is (See much of ultimates, civil war & some of her current series) or showed to unequal to CapAm & the like.. If they will f*ck over Iron Man for Methany they  most certainly will job BP when need be ( see ultimates).. they literally at times dumb down or under-powered the rest of the cast of ultimates at times to make her look better and that's after the fact they stole sword from agent brand and gave her Alpha flight. So she would even be barely qualified to be a member of ultimates. Think the midnight Angels  & TNC bad for BP/Wakanda health,  Marvel & Methany be like hold my beer lol

3. Other then being marvel Comic characters they have littlein common, with if not zero almost zero in fan bases overlap and to be 100% real again Methany  core base doesn't like BP & already showed their ass a few times in regards to BP (examples them seriously not joking thinking she is more popular and more established than BP. Not as equal to him but they think she's far and wide above when it comes to popularity and stated as much when ultimates was 1st announce).

4. There are so many better options for both characters for those type of relationships.. For BP we have Amadeus Cho, Adam basheer, Spectrum, Silk, Blade, Doctor voodoo, Quake, Ghost Rider (Reyes), Misty, Iron Man & Cage,. For Methany : Jessica Drew, Jewel, Agent brand, various members of alpha flight,   War Machine Rogue, Steve O & etc..

5. The vast majority of BP fanbase has no interest of seeing him flirt a white woman especially one who's currently drawn Manley over half of time.. Methany base seems to be divided if they want her in a relationship at all, flirtatious with other characters, shown to be feminine & etc, Also War Machine & her have actually have alot in common and good amount of her base agonistic against their relationship as well (Some I have no interest in seeing her with a black man even if he's portray not as her equal. Some want her with Jess Drew or Jewel others insert random white male hero/or Old Flame or just single.

:o

Drop one of Clue's bombs for this prolific post damnit!

I couldn't agree more, if we're being 100% honest about it.

Before Ewing's rendition of him in Ultimates, I was on the bandwagon that T'Challa and Adam was the World's Finest.  Although, the Rush Hour dynamic between BP and Namor probably makes them the best duo arguably in all of comics just of charisma. 

It's just that Namor, like Adam, really ain't that popular and would need some good build up of their individual brand.  Adam is more powerful and Superman'ish but Namor is just funnier and a troll.

Glad ya gree & great points..

Namor main base is about bad as Methany though..
I.E. - the push back on him being cast as non white if when marvel gets around to using him in movies out one side of their mouth & then out of the side saying Neymar is biracial/mixed/minority because he's Atlantean & white I sh*t u not lol...

Their delusions of grandeur that Namor can sells comics to retailers & to be blunt at Mass majority of his fan base is still among the living or reading comics at this book. An that any time another characters showing exposing his flaws to their benefit Namor is being jobbed. They had to nerve so serious believe that Namor was being mishandled to push BP just like some fans of O.

Coming up with ways that Namor shouldn't used by using powers & skills he has used snice the 40s 50s and 60s lol..

Namor is workable but Marvel really needs to remarket him as the character to bring him new fans to take over as his base without those delusions.. But Marvel doesn't seem interested in doing that currently and in fact made it worse by having Hardline X-Men only fans join his base...

With Bule Marvel you don't have these delusions and a good amount of fanbase overlap..  Just have to play up there differences something Ewing half ass at best Imo.

Both are super genius but they apply there genis differently.. Adam works more team/unit oriented strategy while BP would foucs on picking out the opponent individual weak spots & then then telling his teammates how and when they should take out..

Adam would be quicker to sacrifice yourself to ensure the team's survival or win (due to him having a lot of survivor's guilt related issues and for the most part being immortal) & not one some else to take that risk & would view that as unacceptable if someone else did it.. While BP either would view that as very much acceptable if it was the only way or would or would figure out a way around it if enough time allowed.

You have write BP & Adam like you would BP & Tony or BP & Steve but with the stupidity & white privilege..

Fun fact Namor is one of Adam better friends in marvel u that bothered me it didn't come up at all during ultimates

Tbh, Namor been getting his ass kicked so bad the last 2 years (killed by Hyperion, unused in any stories, then embarrassed by Hydra Steve when finally used) that i completely forgot he had that fan base.  f*ck em, they need to go ahead and cast some korean or vietnamese dude as him and just clean house.

I prefer Blue Marvel conceptually, but i just didn't like his origin story as, even tho the creator was big on exploring interracial couplings dating back since his underworld scripts, neither black nor white audiences would care for that subplot with Adam and his blonde blue-eyed wife.  Ain't no tryna see that sh*t for an origin story.  Pair him up with a black woman and stop doin the most with the smart dumb logic.  But that aside, I liked his original interpretation where Adam seemed more likely to jump into action to save everything and everyone... versus Ewing's Reed Richards clone interpretation who just sits back and lets the girls fight Thanos. 

On a superficial level I'd probably have him as a MLK to T'Challa's Malcolm when it comes to superhero ethics.  Although as things currently are, I don't see Marvel pushing Blue Marvel again anytime soon, Carol is taking that top spot in the MCU and Ewing pretty much failed Adam's reintroduction the comics with Ultimates.
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: December 03, 2017, 04:08:48 pm »
I would love to get my hands on Ultimates and turn it Into a Avengers World type book where they are Earth's First line of defense as well as seeking out and destroying threats before they get to earth. So a strike team as well as the defense force.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: December 03, 2017, 07:09:45 pm »
Wonder if the movie is going to lead to Japanese Manga Black Panther, like there is off the Avengers, Iron Man, Blade, X-Men, Wolverine....

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1493 on: December 03, 2017, 10:30:29 pm »
100% help.

Part of the MCU experience is the continued narrative from film to film.

This is the last movie before IW... its gonna help, espeically with tchalla being front and center in the trailer (and all the delicious memes since)

regarding the soul stone...

So wakanda gets a magical, universe changing magic glowing rock

and wakanda gets a magical meteor with a magical metal

along with a magical plant which turns you into a super hero lol

and we are supposed to, as an audience, believe that Wakandan were special BEFORE this (as coogler said)...

no (white) audience is going to believe that sh*t lol. they got two universe changing magical rocks... they are going to see it as "the only way any africans can be special is with magical universe rocks"

I don't like it. '

keep the soul stone out of Wakanda!

unless it causes more ticket sales and gives BP more feats... then turn around and advertise the last stone is there so the movie audience knows this movie is 100% important to IW.

i'll sacrifice the Wakanda narrative for ticket sales just as quickly as id sacrifice wakandan redshirts for BP feats lol

Agreed, except I don't want Wakanda to take that L.

I ain't worried bout these white folks.  They gon do what they gon do

Except for Beware the Geek.  He cool

True dat.

It will help. As MoS said with him being front and center in the trailer plus showing this massive army running into battle against Thanos forces
.. you better believe people are going to catch the BP movie even if its to see if "Wakanda has a chance or are they going to get stomped" but given the movie hype, in think that it will be a huge success regardless. Again the teaser was the 3rd nost watched (4th now) trailer within 24 hours of marvel movies.. only bested by rag and CW and now infinity... That's impressive

If Marvel gives us the fight with Black Dwarf and Wakanda ready for some all out space battle... man it is so in their best interest not chump out Wakanda or BP.

Anyine else scared to go opening night ti BP?

Could be a lot of black folk in one theater.....

Coukd enhance or destroy the experience lol.

No fear here, I look forward to hearing the crowd's reactions.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:43:14 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1494 on: December 03, 2017, 10:50:27 pm »
Coates should NOT get credit for introducing a spiritual realm to the Panther mythos.

Unless I'm mistaken, that was Priest's contribution:

Yeah Priest showed it first, Hudlin showed it when Bp and Storm got married and when Shuri was going before bast.. But i think what will happen will be people will Claim "Coates has fleshed it out more then any other writer ever!!!" or some garbage like that

Absolutely credit goes to Priest and I give props to Hickman for making them human.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1495 on: December 03, 2017, 10:56:10 pm »
100% help.

This is the last movie before IW... its gonna help, espeically with tchalla being front and center in the trailer (and all the delicious memes since)

and we are supposed to, as an audience, believe that Wakandan were special BEFORE this (as coogler said)...

no (white) audience is going to believe that sh*t lol

Its a zero sum game with (white) audiences. Even without it they'd chalk Wakanda up to "well its fictional". So the folks who would dismiss Wakanda out of hand anyway no matter what (magical "rocks" or not) can kick rocks barefoot, this movie isn't for them.

Yup.  It's why I say this:

To paraphrase a fictional white girl from Hickman's run: "you can't win, so it's best you find a way to not lose" - Valeria Richards.

And as long as we ignore them white folks (or e-smack them up when approrpiate) and show up in droves for this BP movie, we can't lose
I just want a well represented Black Panther and Wakanda that "black" people can walk away from feeling a sense of respect, pride and awe. Just sayin'.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1496 on: December 03, 2017, 11:09:19 pm »
Oh btw...

guess who just got added to Marvel Future Fight?  Blue Marvel. 

Guess what they call the 3 person lineup of Blue Marvel, Carol Danvers and Black Panther?

Captain Marvel's Ultimates
   ::)

4sake, they trolling us.

Oh and they included America Chavez... but no Spectrum. 

They had their Thor Ragnorak 3 character pack last month.

So we're probably 2 months (end of January) from getting our Black Panther movie pack and storyline.  Undoubtedly with an upgraded BP, added costume, + Okoye, Nakia, Shuri, Erik and Klaw.

Damn right they trolling hard..

Y'know it's inevitable they're going to give T'Chadwick and Brie Danvers some weird love hate platonic frenemies dynamic in future Avenger movies, right?

The comics, cartoon, and now video games... they've been steadily preparing us for that dynamic.

T'CvB:Dawn of the Ultimates.  Yall think i'm joking

They are trying to make Carol into Marvel's WW and people have called BP Marvel's Batman and DC tried to make WW and BM into a couple.  (never realized what his initials were; no wonder they always call him Bats and not BM.)

Agreed. It's all part of their half-assed master plan.

Half-assed b/c there's no emotional weight for them to work with.  The CWII thing was a small footnote compared to Tony/Carol (which itself was just a poor Tony/Steve imitation).  Outside of that, BP/CM aren't friends and don't have a reason to be around each other apart from "alpha flight skype meetings".  And when they are around each other, it's just generic snoose-fest.

They either gotta make us think they want to bang each other or that there's some deep philosophical divide that will always have everyone on edge if not looking forward to seeing them in the same room, ala BP and Namor.

It's bad idea..
Just be 100% honset BP & Methany are bad to par together in anyway..
Either of those type rships should be should be done where goal is to get the some percentage bases of each show the characters fan base interested enough to purchase the other characters book once their favorite character stops appearing are teaming up with him..

Methany is bad idea :
1. Has a much smaller fan base at the BP & and within that small fan base a good percentage of it is currently boycotting her current Adventures for various reasons.

2. Marvel at a minimum has quadruple down on making Methany there  top/lead female hero so so regardless of rightly or wrongly show to be wrong when she is (See much of ultimates, civil war & some of her current series) or showed to unequal to CapAm & the like.. If they will f*ck over Iron Man for Methany they  most certainly will job BP when need be ( see ultimates).. they literally at times dumb down or under-powered the rest of the cast of ultimates at times to make her look better and that's after the fact they stole sword from agent brand and gave her Alpha flight. So she would even be barely qualified to be a member of ultimates. Think the midnight Angels  & TNC bad for BP/Wakanda health,  Marvel & Methany be like hold my beer lol

3. Other then being marvel Comic characters they have littlein common, with if not zero almost zero in fan bases overlap and to be 100% real again Methany  core base doesn't like BP & already showed their ass a few times in regards to BP (examples them seriously not joking thinking she is more popular and more established than BP. Not as equal to him but they think she's far and wide above when it comes to popularity and stated as much when ultimates was 1st announce).

4. There are so many better options for both characters for those type of relationships.. For BP we have Amadeus Cho, Adam basheer, Spectrum, Silk, Blade, Doctor voodoo, Quake, Ghost Rider (Reyes), Misty, Iron Man & Cage,. For Methany : Jessica Drew, Jewel, Agent brand, various members of alpha flight,   War Machine Rogue, Steve O & etc..

5. The vast majority of BP fanbase has no interest of seeing him flirt a white woman especially one who's currently drawn Manley over half of time.. Methany base seems to be divided if they want her in a relationship at all, flirtatious with other characters, shown to be feminine & etc, Also War Machine & her have actually have alot in common and good amount of her base agonistic against their relationship as well (Some I have no interest in seeing her with a black man even if he's portray not as her equal. Some want her with Jess Drew or Jewel others insert random white male hero/or Old Flame or just single.

Good points 4sake.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1497 on: December 03, 2017, 11:16:29 pm »
Wonder if the movie is going to lead to Japanese Manga Black Panther, like there is off the Avengers, Iron Man, Blade, X-Men, Wolverine....
We deserve a true BP Animae and Manga.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1498 on: December 04, 2017, 04:43:12 am »

Tbh, Namor been getting his ass kicked so bad the last 2 years (killed by Hyperion, unused in any stories, then embarrassed by Hydra Steve when finally used) that i completely forgot he had that fan base.  f*ck em, they need to go ahead and cast some korean or vietnamese dude as him and just clean house.

I prefer Blue Marvel conceptually, but i just didn't like his origin story as, even tho the creator was big on exploring interracial couplings dating back since his underworld scripts, neither black nor white audiences would care for that subplot with Adam and his blonde blue-eyed wife.  Ain't no tryna see that sh*t for an origin story.  Pair him up with a black woman and stop doin the most with the smart dumb logic.  But that aside, I liked his original interpretation where Adam seemed more likely to jump into action to save everything and everyone... versus Ewing's Reed Richards clone interpretation who just sits back and lets the girls fight Thanos. 

On a superficial level I'd probably have him as a MLK to T'Challa's Malcolm when it comes to superhero ethics.  Although as things currently are, I don't see Marvel pushing Blue Marvel again anytime soon, Carol is taking that top spot in the MCU and Ewing pretty much failed Adam's reintroduction the comics with Ultimates.

yeah, i aint worried about no Namor fan base.

Offline mrkareemruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: December 04, 2017, 06:14:49 am »
100% help.

no (white) audience is going to believe that sh*t lol

Its a zero sum game with (white) audiences. Even without it they'd chalk Wakanda up to "well its fictional". So the folks who would dismiss Wakanda out of hand anyway no matter what (magical "rocks" or not) can kick rocks barefoot, this movie isn't for them.

Yup.  It's why I say this:

To paraphrase a fictional white girl from Hickman's run: "you can't win, so it's best you find a way to not lose" - Valeria Richards.

And as long as we ignore them white folks (or e-smack them up when approrpiate) and show up in droves for this BP movie, we can't lose
I just want a well represented Black Panther and Wakanda that "black" people can walk away from feeling a sense of respect, pride and awe. Just sayin'.
You should not be looking for white hollywood to give that to black people. They proved they are racist.