Author Topic: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!!  (Read 103802 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: The Black Panther Movie!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2014, 03:59:12 pm »
Looks like we will be getting a Black Panther movie!!!

The Marvel film world  is also about to get a lot more diverse. For the first time an African American hero will headline a film with Black Panther which hits theaters November 3, 2017.

Feige says there should be an announcement soon about who will direct Captain Marvel. There are firmer plans in place for Black Panther. Chadwick Boseman, who played Jackie Robinson in 42, will play the superhero and today he appeared onstage with Robert Downey Jr., who plays Iron Man, and Chris Evan, who plays Captain America. Feige said fans should definitely read into that and understand that Black Panther will be a big part of the upcoming third Captain America film which will be called Civil War. He may also appear in the upcoming Avengers 2 which hits theaters May 2015. Feige said that fans should look for “Easter egg” in the Age of Ultron trailer.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothypomerantz/2014/10/28/marvel-unveils-films-through-2019-including-dr-strange-black-panther-and-captain-marvel/

Here’s what to look out for in phase 3.

Captain America 3: Civil War – May 2016

Dr. Strange – November 2016

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 – May 5 2017

Thor: Ragnarok – July 2017

Black Panther – November 2017

The Avengers 3: Infinity War – May 2018

Captain Marvel – July  2018

Inhumans – November 2018

The Avengers 3: Infinity War Part 2 - May 2019

This is DOOOOOPE.

Isn't the concept art a take off on Hudlin's Thrice Blessed Armor? It is waaayyyy doper than the plain black unadorned Panther habit, which I never liked that much. I loved Priest's midnight blue joint, but I always thought the go to look for BP would be a BLACK Priest era uniform with GOLD highlights.

But this Thrice Blessed joint is even better than that!

Excuse for me suddenly having to talk loud. That maniacal sobbing screeching in unmitigated, nonstop hate and agony? That's dem X-Offal hatas. HAHAHAHA

Btw. The arrival of TChalla's movie makes it almost 100% certain that Hickman will not only remove TChalla from Suckaville but bring him back BANGIN HARD like I said he would. S. to the I. with the dead on point prediction. Applause and kowtows, please. Gold coin and vibranium acceptable. Thank you.

If they let R to the H direct, then we know that BP's solo [ tirlogy? ] will be a monster hit. Half a billion plus. But. That's asking too much of God.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2014, 04:11:25 pm »
I dig that costume. Shame it's only concept though, a lot could change visually by the time they start filming.

That said, can we get knuckled claw gloves similar to Ultimate Panther, please?

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2014, 04:32:03 pm »
I dig that costume. Shame it's only concept though, a lot could change visually by the time they start filming.

That said, can we get knuckled claw gloves similar to Ultimate Panther, please?

Those joints are cool but they're too close to Wolverine's claws for my taste...why not Energy Claws forged from the same stuff he makes his Energy Daggers from?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2014, 04:42:36 pm »
I can dig those too.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 05:59:51 pm »
OK Reg, I think it is safe enough for you to announce that you will be either writing, directing, producing, consulting or some combination thereof on the upcoming Black Panther film.  ;)

Real talk! I would wish you could be available for the BP flick, Ture. You are the BP! Of course, I would add several others from the HEF. The true campaigners. You know who you are. Big-ups! Myself included.

I halted W.W.O. because it was way too ahead of the game & I didn’t want to sh*t-on these muthaf*ckaz! I tried to downplay my own story, just to give others a shot & not step on any toes. I did it out of respect.

I trusted the HW to pull it together. "Honorary Wakandan Status" is part of the reason why I joined. (I joined for BP/Ororo & the legacy RH brought to the characters) The Honoraries need to stand up. Yeh, I said it! Do I have to p.m. everybody? Cuz, I will!

Is there another place where honoraries exist? If this  film goes off without you, what would that say about you, Honorary Wakandans? Too much? I know! The truth only hurts the guilty.

I appreciate your sentiment APEXABYSS and continue to find your insights to be truthfully impassioned.

Respect to Panther0123 and Kimoyo for being the first to break the news of the upcoming Black Panther movie here at the HEF. When I was informed by my cousin of the Black Panther's movie, I just confirmed and starting posting.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2014, 06:37:14 pm »

How Many Movies Has Chadwick Boseman Signed On For With Marvel?

Marvel Studios shocked everyone today when they revealed that Chadwick Boseman will bring the Black Panther to the big screen first in Captain America: Civil War and then his own solo movie. The 42 star had been mentioned as being in the running by Latino-Review, but like Ezra Miller being cast as The Flash, the official announcement came pretty much out of nowhere! Deadline have now weiged in on the casting and already have the exclusive on Boseman's role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. "I hear he’s signed a lucrative five-film deal that begins with 2016’s Captain America: Civil War continues through Marvel’s just-unveiled Phase 3 line-up." A five picture deal obviously means we'll be seeing a lot of the Black Panther in the Marvel Cinematic Universe then, and it would be very surprising if he doesn't make an appearance in a future Avengers movie and obviously a sequel to his own 2017 solo outing. That's not all they have details on though.

When Kevin Feige was asked whether Marvel will be targeting an African American director for Black Panther and a female helmer for Captain Marvel, he replied: "We’re looking for the best directors possible," but did acknowledge that producer/director Reginald Hudlin is one filmmaker with Marvel ties (he wrote Black Panther for a time, retelling his origin and marrying him off to Storm). "Reggie I’ve known for many years and is a great guy – I think I’m meeting him again shortly." Who do you guys think is the right choice to helm these movies?

Taken from http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=110125

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 06:41:07 pm »
http://youtu.be/F4OuOlEIu28

Marvel Studios shocked everyone today when they revealed that Chadwick Boseman will bring the Black Panther to the big screen first in Captain America: Civil War and then his own solo movie. The 42 star had been mentioned as being in the running by Latino-Review, but like Ezra Miller being cast as The Flash, the official announcement came pretty much out of nowhere! Deadline have now weiged in on the casting and already have the exclusive on Boseman's role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. "I hear he’s signed a lucrative five-film deal that begins with 2016’s Captain America: Civil War continues through Marvel’s just-unveiled Phase 3 line-up." A five picture deal obviously means we'll be seeing a lot of the Black Panther in the Marvel Cinematic Universe then, and it would be very surprising if he doesn't make an appearance in a future Avengers movie and obviously a sequel to his own 2017 solo outing. That's not all they have details on though.

When Kevin Feige was asked whether Marvel will be targeting an African American director for Black Panther and a female helmer for Captain Marvel, he replied: "We’re looking for the best directors possible," but did acknowledge that producer/director Reginald Hudlin is one filmmaker with Marvel ties (he wrote Black Panther for a time, retelling his origin and marrying him off to Storm). "Reggie I’ve known for many years and is a great guy – I think I’m meeting him again shortly." Who do you guys think is the right choice to helm these movies?

Taken from http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=110125

For me, Reginald Hudlin is the only choice that makes sense.

I trust no one else to do T'Challa, Shuri and Wakanda justice on the big screen.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2014, 06:50:56 pm »

I trust no one else to do T'Challa, Shuri and Wakanda justice on the big screen.

Cosign completely. Reg has already done all the work necessary and has proven his commitment to the character.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2014, 07:06:20 pm »

Cosign completely. Reg has already done all the work necessary and has proven his commitment to the character.

Reginald Hudlin proved his commitment to the Black Panther mythos a thousand times over so Kevin Feige best come correct and get Mr Hudlin on that Directors seat.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2014, 07:20:35 pm »
Would so love to see Reg at the helm of the BP film!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2014, 08:02:41 pm »
Would so love to see Reg at the helm of the BP film!

Peace,

Mont

I'm going to step out on a limb and say that the director will be none other than Reginald Hudlin. That shoe will drop in the months to come after we received some more promotional hype.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 08:11:40 pm »
Not to mention Reggie's already written the perfect BP movie.

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2014, 06:54:44 am »
So the first time I see this will be alone because I want to really hear and take it in and that has to be just me then I'll see it en masse and we're those annoying folks are as much a show as the movie and then I'm taking the kiddies in the fam and friends to make sure they get to go cuz I'm the cool auntie type :)

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2014, 07:07:38 am »
I'm friends with a radio DJ who has a lil pull with one of the local theaters in my town. For the past three years for every superhero, Sci-fi movie that's come ot, we've got the opportunity usually at midnight on Thursday nights (or Early Friday morning) to catch all the biggest blockbusters within our circle of geeks. Usually around 20 peeps that all know each other; so having to worry about other rude viewers is nill.

I'm already expecting to see this movie.... Oh. Three times easily.

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2014, 07:27:24 am »
I just had a thought.... The entire time we've been seeing Agent Ross in Agents of Shield, or another Marvel movie, planting the seeds for this. Ross could have easily been Colsan. Ah well. Missed opportunities.