Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER WAKANDA FOREVER - Angela Bassett 'objected' to Queen Ramonda twist  (Read 1036083 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!!
« Reply #1620 on: December 16, 2017, 05:13:16 am »
Twitter isnt the place to explode with repressed bitterness.

Or any rash thoughts... people dont remember the nobodies egging u on, only the celeb. U just end up saying stupid sh*t or tsking some ehite supremscists to infinity war premier.

People were praising her mohawk ass until she was in the background... again. And then still were optimistic bc she was in that finsl x roster shot.

But now storm fans see a chance to ride those kingly coat tails and turned on her.

Moral of the story is that storm is a cancer lol

These same colorism, dark skin wanting Twitter activist arent riding and dieing with queen nakia lol

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: December 16, 2017, 07:35:37 am »
Truth be told I find the X-Men as a whole to be a cancer imo. The whole thing is taking Black people's struggles and turning it until a woe is us white heroes and comparing Xavier and mag to MLK and Malcolm x whole treating their actual Black Characters like second class citizens within a second class citizen mutant franchise..
they were jobbed, killed off or out Into Limbo or being an exotic piece of ass then put into the background, and then when one does become a lead of the team, it's literally almost a bottom of the barrel  and said Character gets questioned on leadership and doubts themselves the entire time.

Then top it off with Kitty saying N****r twice and saying mutie is just as bad.. a made up word is just as bad an a real offensive word to Black people and then it's made worse by a Black Character then giving her a pass on it... No thanks.
Screw the xmen. I wish they stayed with Fox

Offline BamfingRoundTheWorld

• View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: December 16, 2017, 10:00:38 am »
I stopped liking Kitty Pryde after seeing those panels.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #1623 on: December 16, 2017, 07:27:56 pm »
Truth be told I find the X-Men as a whole to be a cancer imo. The whole thing is taking Black people's struggles and turning it until a woe is us white heroes and comparing Xavier and mag to MLK and Malcolm x whole treating their actual Black Characters like second class citizens within a second class citizen mutant franchise..
they were jobbed, killed off or out Into Limbo or being an exotic piece of ass then put into the background, and then when one does become a lead of the team, it's literally almost a bottom of the barrel  and said Character gets questioned on leadership and doubts themselves the entire time.

Then top it off with Kitty saying N****r twice and saying mutie is just as bad.. a made up word is just as bad an a real offensive word to Black people and then it's made worse by a Black Character then giving her a pass on it... No thanks.

I stopped liking Kitty Pryde after seeing those panels.

I can't believe yall are saying this. You collective here? Have enough IQ to fix real time world problems. Yet. You're being flipped by the same misanalysis of comics.

Truth is? I find the X-Men CHARACTERS to be with A LOT of promise. So do YOU. 

I. Can't. STAND. Most of their garbage ass X-Men WRITERS. You hate em, too. The ones who did all the garbage you refer to [ and more ] in your quotes above.

That's where most of you have your static. THE WRITERS. The X-OFFICE. MARVEL. For letting the X-Office do us dirty like that.

And us. For not having the organization and the power to punt them square in the testes whenever they gas like that. Then ram The Spear of Bashenga up some X-Sphincters.

You MUST clarify these distinctions in your own minds FIRST, else you will misanalyze the problem.

So. What should we do? Support MILESTONE more. Get on "colorofchange" or whatever and get those petitions going. Organize and bring pressure on Marvel that will make them stop that mess, plus monetarily support MILESTONE [ more than anyone else ] and secondarily support comics that DON'T do us durrty like that.

Seen?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: December 16, 2017, 10:44:23 pm »
Sure x men had promise, just like Storm had promise when Hudlin finally threw a life line to get her out of the x franchise and be able to have her own adventures.
BUT to me, the x men represent a real world struggle but they use a wholly white cast while completely trashing their Black Characters. There is little Hope and I have never liked X-Men because of that

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: December 16, 2017, 11:11:34 pm »

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: December 16, 2017, 11:32:38 pm »
Part of me hopes that the Democrats successfully cock block the Disney acquisition.  Or that it is so delayed that we'll already be knee-deep in BP 2 development.

BP, Erik, M'Baku (guys) and Shuri, Nakia, Okoye (gals) are phase 1 of our budding Panther-verse. After they become pop culture, we still got revamped versions of Kasper Cole, Monica Lynne, QDJ, Malaika, Sofija, Achebe, Princess Zanda, Nikki Adams, etc, etc to bring to light; to establish what Spider-man, Batman and Superman have where their self-contained mythos are heavily cultivated and made self-sufficient.

We don't need Storm.  We don't need the x-men.

T'Challa can accept some cordial greetings from them in Avengers 5 or 6, and then they can keep it moving.  But no more jobbing the women of this mytho in favor of theirs and no more being guest-star happy with the F4 or other people's villains or sidekicks, instead of building up our own.   That's just how i feel about it.
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: December 16, 2017, 11:47:23 pm »
I just don't believe we can save everybody or allocate the time to everything at once. And if I had to choose, my time and energy for Black Panther's 'interests' would go to Nakia, Monica, Malaika, Zanda, Sofija, Nikki, and even Kwai Far.  Because I know those characters are first dibs to us in the same way MJ, Gwen, Felicia, Betty, Sable are first dibs to Peter Parker.

No sharing, no playing nice, no bs. 

Now sure, it'd be great if Storm was made team leader in the MCU and actually given sh*t to do and an arc to make relevant.  And it'd be great if Monica Rambeau is introduced as more than Methany's black best friend.

But we can't save everybody and Panther certainly can't be the save-a-___-bus for every black, brown or lgbt person whose ever been wronged to hop on for retribution. 

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: December 16, 2017, 11:50:56 pm »
Hell I've been looking for contact info to Coogler or Robert Cole so i can spam their mailbox with suggestions for Monica, Malaika, Sofija and Kwa Far. 

And to have them ask J. Cole if he can act so they can make him Kasper Cole in the sequel. 

And to suggest they give Panther the ancient tiger pokeball to use in a future movie.

Offline BlindWedjat

• View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: December 17, 2017, 01:42:45 am »

Offline BlindWedjat

• View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: December 17, 2017, 01:44:28 am »
We've got Black Panther notebooks fam

I need this smh. And man does this new suit look like all kinds of perfection.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #1631 on: December 17, 2017, 07:25:11 am »
^^^ were those all T-shirt images?

.... who's Methany?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: December 17, 2017, 07:28:43 am »
Damn man those are dope! Seen knew the more the rendered the habit the more I would love it, and the mask just Looks so awesome, even better then the CW in my humble opinion.. I need that note book..

These are my favorites, I now need to pick one to decide as my new Avi:

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1633 on: December 17, 2017, 09:13:56 am »
I just don't believe we can save everybody or allocate the time to everything at once. And if I had to choose, my time and energy for Black Panther's 'interests' would go to Nakia, Monica, Malaika, Zanda, Sofija, Nikki, and even Kwai Far.  Because I know those characters are first dibs to us in the same way MJ, Gwen, Felicia, Betty, Sable are first dibs to Peter Parker.

No sharing, no playing nice, no bs. 

Now sure, it'd be great if Storm was made team leader in the MCU and actually given sh*t to do and an arc to make relevant.  And it'd be great if Monica Rambeau is introduced as more than Methany's black best friend.

But we can't save everybody and Panther certainly can't be the save-a-___-bus for every black, brown or lgbt person whose ever been wronged to hop on for retribution.

100% right here.

Im selfish with my BP fandom. Always have been.

BP isnt entrinched enough that u can use him to prop up others at his expense.

You can turn cap evil, kill tony for riri, make a book about jane thor, give doc ock a spidey suit, ect ect because those dudes as so dug in they are coming back 100%

BP tried to give sone of his shine to shuri once and it nuked the whole damn franchise.

Just because hes been around since the 60s doesnt mean hes classic.

Offline BlindWedjat

• View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: December 17, 2017, 09:26:20 am »
Damn man those are dope! Seen knew the more the rendered the habit the more I would love it, and the mask just Looks so awesome, even better then the CW in my humble opinion.. I need that note book..

These are my favorites, I now need to pick one to decide as my new Avi:

Honestly I think this new suit is better than the CW one. While the latter is very hard to top, it is just a little bit overdesigned regarding the sleekness a Black Panther habit should have, even though I really like the intricate designs. Two things I didn't like about the CW suit is that in some shots it doesn't quite fit very well, and the boots had no teeth/claw ornaments, which I felt were necessary to the balanced look of the design.

This new one fits better and has a better silhouette, and still maintains intricate designs while being sleek. The teeth/claw necklace just needs to be a little bigger.