Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER WAKANDA FOREVER - Angela Bassett 'objected' to Queen Ramonda twist  (Read 1036113 times)

Offline Amenra11

• View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!!
« Reply #1650 on: December 19, 2017, 07:13:24 am »
LMBAO, did I miss a BP story somewhere?

Yeah she jumped the gun on that one pretty quick. Oh well.

Honestly I still am not looking forward to Storm trying to me too off Tchalla

Shipp stay trying to join the team breh lol

http://collider.com/x-men-apocalypse-alexandra-shipp-storm-interview-black-panther/
March 5, 2016

Can you talk about your research for taking on this role? I mean did you find any comic stories that really resonated with you or anything like that?[/b]

SHIPP: I read a lot of the newer comics because there are a lot of newer comics that are doing a lot of her back story, especially her stuff with T’Challa, and I wanted to know who she was. In my mind because of the way that the script is, in comparison to her comic story line, it’s a little but different. So in my mind, like she and T’Challa were king and queen of Africa when they were like 13, and that’s the only way that I could make it work. They were young king and queens, it happens sometimes, whatever.

Has Chadwick acknowledged her existence yet or is he doing that thing in MoS avi?

« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:16:14 am by Amenra11 »

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: December 19, 2017, 07:17:23 am »
Riri's entire existence was a fraud to distract us from the death of Rhodey because they couldn't shoulder expectations of Brie Lawson boo'd up with Don Cheadle.

The agenda is real!
How many leaders you said you needed then left ‘em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, it’s King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: December 19, 2017, 07:22:43 am »
LMBAO, did I miss a BP story somewhere?

Yeah she jumped the gun on that one pretty quick. Oh well.

Honestly I still am not looking forward to Storm trying to me too off Tchalla

Shipp stay trying to join the team breh lol

http://collider.com/x-men-apocalypse-alexandra-shipp-storm-interview-black-panther/
March 5, 2016

Can you talk about your research for taking on this role? I mean did you find any comic stories that really resonated with you or anything like that?[/b]

SHIPP: I read a lot of the newer comics because there are a lot of newer comics that are doing a lot of her back story, especially her stuff with T’Challa, and I wanted to know who she was. In my mind because of the way that the script is, in comparison to her comic story line, it’s a little but different. So in my mind, like she and T’Challa were king and queen of Africa when they were like 13, and that’s the only way that I could make it work. They were young king and queens, it happens sometimes, whatever.

Has Chadwick acknowledged her existence yet or is he doing that thing in MoS avi?

I appreciate her fandom and vivid imagination but..

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: December 19, 2017, 10:48:04 am »
RiRi ain't ever seeing the light of day on the big screen.

I think their a small chance if they make her Miles (Love interest - something that will serve both characters going forward imo) or if they use her in a Methany related movie ( because outside of taking and stealing of other characters he has little to no Supporting Cast or villains so adding on Ironheart wouldn't be a shock or surprise especially if they go with the theory I have of her leading young adults in comics as is doing in that animated film to make her character more likeable again..
Pull List

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: December 19, 2017, 11:25:29 am »
I'm still do lost..

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: December 19, 2017, 11:38:35 am »
I'm still do lost..

So i just binged season 2 (and 1) of attack on titan (or shingek-something or another), and I've decided that T'Challa needs a beast titan and it should be the ancient tiger god living in the pokeball thing.

Matter of fact, i think that's where Ewing jacked the idea from.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: December 19, 2017, 12:05:28 pm »
I mean with the posters lol

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: December 19, 2017, 01:22:01 pm »
I know.  I just felt like sharing, no rhyme or reason  8)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1658 on: December 19, 2017, 07:16:44 pm »
I mean with the posters lol

If you are referring to these...

the're action figure boxes.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: December 19, 2017, 08:23:50 pm »
https://www.teenvogue.com/story/letitia-wright-lupita-nyongo-black-panther-film-diversity-hollywood

Letitia Wright and Lupita Nyong'o on "Black Panther" Film and Diversity in Hollywood

mainstream American comics, Black Panther broke boundaries. Naturally, next year’s silver-screen rendition of his story, featuring a nearly all-black cast, isn’t going to be just a box-office blockbuster — it’s going to be history in the making. The film is set in the fictional African country of Wakanda, where Black Panther (also known as T’Challa) serves as a leader at a time when the nation’s safety is under threat. And at the core of the story: Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o and ingenue Letitia Wright as Nakia and Shuri, who play two of the strongest women in Wakanda. Their characters do away with the usual damsel-in-distress narrative associated with many classic superhero movies and create a new normal. Here, they discuss what making Black Panther meant to them and what the movie will hopefully mean for others.

Letitia Wright: What attracted you to the role, Lupita? Did you know much about the characters in Black Panther?

Lupita Nyong’o: Age before beauty, Tish. You go first [laughs].

LW: Well, I never knew anything about Black Panther [before being cast]. All I knew was that it’s about black superheroes from Africa. When I heard about the audition, I read the mock script of the character. I liked how intelligent she was. She’s a teenager, but her age doesn’t define who she is. People think, You’re young; you don’t know what you’re talking about, but she didn’t let that be a limitation. I instinctively picked up [that Shuri] had something meaningful to say. How did you hear about the movie?

LN: Well, when Black Panther was announced about two years ago, Chadwick [Boseman] was signed on to play T’Challa, and I remember thinking, 'Oh, snap, that’s going to be a moment!' So when director Ryan Coogler started to talk to me about being a part of it, I was so excited. He walked me through his idea for the story, and after he was done, I was like, “Wait a second, is this a Marvel movie?” It had social and political relevance. My character, Nakia, was a departure from the character you see in the comic books. She’s this independent woman, super patriotic but also very questioning of her society, and I liked that. With her complicated relationship with T’Challa, I knew it was going to be kind of sexy, and I was like, “OK, I definitely want in.”

LW: Playing [Shuri] was so refreshing. She’s strong, and she can kick butt. She’s intelligent, she loves Wakanda, and she loves creating technology to protect her people. But you see when she’s scared, when she’s frightened, when she’s afraid for her family. Even with some of the male characters [in the movie], you see moments when they are weak. Shuri was the sort of character I went home and studied to find out the reason she does things.

LN: Ryan made a point of avoiding the expected female-rival narrative. In this genre, where spandex is involved, oftentimes the women are pitted against each other. In our story, there are so many different women holding their own space. Women may be in competition with each other, sure, but that doesn’t necessarily mean there’s an absence of love or respect. Shuri is the sister to the Black Panther and the leader of technological pursuits, and Nakia is someone who has a complicated history with the Black Panther and is a warrior in her own right. You see them work together, and you see a dynamic that is really encouraging. Making this film awakened me. I walked away from this experience feeling extremely supported, and I felt challenged.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: December 19, 2017, 08:24:58 pm »
I walked away from this experience feeling extremely supported, and I felt challenged.

Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't di-

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1661 on: December 19, 2017, 09:12:53 pm »

Love Them!

58 days until the Black Panther changes the comic book world as we knew it.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: December 20, 2017, 02:59:45 am »
Good interview. I think this is going to be the best year for BP for sure. I truly hope Nakia makes it as well.

Long live Queen Nakia Nyong'o

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1663 on: December 20, 2017, 04:41:48 am »
I walked away from this experience feeling extremely supported, and I felt challenged.

Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't die Please don't di-

WHY ISNT SHE IN INFINITY WAR!!!!!

WHY!!!!

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: December 20, 2017, 05:48:19 pm »

WHY ISNT SHE IN INFINITY WAR!!!!!

WHY!!!!

Nakia forever.

If Killmonger kills her, I'll hate Erik forever.  :(