Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - BP2 Wakanda Forever  (Read 940294 times)

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!
« Reply #2850 on: April 03, 2018, 04:21:54 pm »
It's now 1.5 million away from topping Frozen, and taking the #10 spot. As it's topped the Emma Watson "Beauty and the Beast".

#10 spot of which list?

Well it's now officially #10, and has surpassed Frozen.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/?pagenum=1&sort=wwgross&order=DESC&p=.htm

Box Office Mojo is the main site that is cited by analysts, as it takes inflation in to account.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: April 04, 2018, 05:57:00 pm »
Fans Are Recasting Black Panther With '90s Actors, and Their Choices Are Spot On

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Black-Panther-90s-Cast-44721462

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: April 05, 2018, 05:55:56 am »
Fans Are Recasting Black Panther With '90s Actors, and Their Choices Are Spot On

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Black-Panther-90s-Cast-44721462

From the article:

Oh, NOW she wants to be down!  ;D

We made true believers out of them all!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2853 on: April 05, 2018, 07:47:46 am »
I have been on what I will exuberantly describe as my ongoing celebration (42 days so far) of Black Panther's cinematic majesty. I have seen the film with family,friends, students, fans and enthusiasts eleven times so far, three of which have been on the Mother continent itself. I just returned to the US a few days ago to find discord and withdrawal has been a dominant forces here at the HEF. How any topic short of celebrating Black Panther's excellence regarding this record shattering film manages to occupy space here at this time is... curious, to say the least.

I have to confess that it feels weird for me to be a BP fan these days. 

After all, I'm probably one of the oldest Panther fans on the HEF (if not THE oldest), since I go all the way back to Priest's first issue.  So from that perspective, seeing the movie blow everything else away is really cool.

OTOH... I'm white.  REALLY white.  White as a ghost white.  And I see story after story of both Africans and African-Americans finding new meaning to their lives thanks to the movie, and I can't help but think that a guy like me supporting the character feels a bit like an intrusion by the privileged, or even worse, cultural appropriation.

I love the movie, and I love the character, but I feel a bit like an outsider now….

This post by BoG was interesting on several fronts. I go back away with BoG, back to when he was a mod over at Alvaro's Comic Boards... during the Priest years. I don't recall his ever mentioning so emphatically his racial identity. So called Blacks and Whites have been liking each others characters for quite some time so why the discomfort?

If you're reading this Mario, I got you beat if you are only going back as far as Priest with regards to OBP fandom. ;)

Look, the only reason you feel the way you do is because you're a devil.

Not because of anything we've written here.

Nothing personal. There's no blame to assign or anything.  It's just a fact.

Battle's use of NOI and NoGaE terminology is little more than race baiting and with all due respect, would be better served by remembering his Godhood and acting on such.

In a black panther forum.

Not a political section. not anywhere else on this forum.

But in the black panther section? Why? Seriously... why?

It is one thing to point out the comic issues in regards to white supremacy. Happens all the time. Rightfully should be talked about. Especially when the BP comics have been effected for decades (roy's noble negro sh*t, what mcgregor dealt with, hunter, nicki, doom's constant superiority when it makes no comic sense, sophia, ect ect ect) when it effected the movies for years (ike's racist ass).

There is nothing wrong with that. That is discussion. That is bringing to light the sh*tty, dark side of the entertainment world.

Race talk is fine. Race talk should be encouraged. It should be promoted. Pro-black is great.

But this... calling one of the biggest BP fans around here with a knowledge base that puts mine to shame the devil? when he openly is like, "man, I feel kind of weird now since the movie." That is the response that is accepted here? From a long time member here who hasn't contributed a damn thing to any Black Panther discussion at all?

Calling white's pigskins? saying all non blacks aren't your friend? That is where we are at now?

No wonder (white) Beware bounced. And why should (biracial) MoS stick around to here this sh*t? Yeah, plot twist, im half white. Too dark skinned and my hair is too nappy to benefit from it privilege wise but half my fam is white. second plot twist... my kids WILL benefit from white privilege.

So yeah, I would be bit more sensitive to this sh*t more than most of the people here. I don't expect "full blooded" black folk to care honestly. If I saw kareem and battle making sh*tty comments about say... Native Americans, i'd probabaly just shake my head and move on. That's the business of it, I understand it. That is the reality of life.

But I ain't gonna do it. I tried. Seeing the bullsh*t Battle pulled on someone like Beware and now reading the end of this thread... it was the right choice. I ain't got no place here. Real life is too hectic, busy, and sh*tty to spend free time at a place that allows sh*t like this. I don't expect any one else to leave. Definitely didn't expect this thread. This is my own personal thing. The only reason I even came back is because I got a couple of PM's that go straight to my email that I wanted to answer.

MoS abandoning ship was abrupt and premature especially considering all the work Ezyo has done to encourage the migration from CBR. Not to mention MoS had far more supporters than detractors. Same could be said of BoG.

Black Panther, since his debut, has been an inspiration for Afrakans at home and abroad and no doubt even more so because of the movie. The Black Panther film makes a serious effort to put into proper context what Afrakan's world view is like when they come from their own Afrakan centeredness. The false and crippling assumptions of so called Whites that they are supreme, privileged or universal and the equally debilitating penchant of so called Blacks for inclusion,equality and representation are flip sides of the same counterfeit coin.

Getting back on topic... I think the Black Panther movie would be somewhere unprecedented (two or three categories beyond Avatar and Star Wars) in respect to social impact and global box office if Afraka had more cineplexes  and movie theaters. I've met people who had to drive four hours one way to a theater and were willing to do so just to see Black Panther. Seeing the movie as many times as I did with such a diverse collection of people and in multiple cities on two continents really makes me appreciate what was done with this iteration of the Black Panther. Now all that remains is how well will Black Panther, his crew and Wakanda will do in Infinity Wars.

Ture. I am loving the fact that you're lovin it in Afrika, and have returned to the USA in triumphant fashion. Every point you raise in the post above is interesting and compelling, well reasoned. Cogent. Logical. I will respond on this thread later when I have more time.

I said this before, but I will reiterate: If Black Panther got the en masse releases that other Marvel blockbusters got, and I think INFINITY WAR will get? BP would be closing on Avatar right now, with The Eye of the Panther on the seemingly unreachable mark set by  The Force Awakens.  I DO NOT THINK SUCH AN ACTION WAS ANYTHING LESS THAN PURPOSEFUL.

"They" can't have a film like BP...on its first offing...become the GOAT movie moneymaker.

True that Black Panther widest release is by certain comps hundreds less than other MCU releases. Black Panther came up the shortest in its foreign gross when compared to the only two Marvel films to make more money in terms of world wide box office receipts... Avengers and its sequel Age of Ultron. If Afraka had more cinemas to accommodate the vast number of potential moviegoers Black Panther would be the number film of all time and may have even broke the 3 billion mark.

Here are some stats.

Genre                         Rank
3D                                    3
Comic Book Adaptation   1
IMAX (Feature-length)   3
Superhero                           1
Superhero - Origin           1

Franchise                                                            Rank
Series: Marvel Cinematic Universe                      1
Brand: Marvel Comics                                              1
Showdown: MCU Top Openers                              1
Showdown: Opening Weekend Showdown              2

Chart                                                          Rank
All Time Domestic                                            4
All Time Worldwide                                          10
Top Movies in the Past 365 Days                          1

Now, if they had the ultimate say, we would have gotten an impoverished urbanite sanitation worker who finds an ancient Native American amulet in the sewers of New York, that under a full moon gave him jaguar like prowess and stamina. Having Indian in his family he calls himself Black Puma. He, along with his white looking, biracial girlfriend; his gay Hispanic best friend, his wigged out, hood rat, baby sister who pines for every white boy and name brand label; and his weed smoking former Black Power advocating grandmother must fight against the local drug dealer in their housing project.

Never underestimate what we as conscious Afrakan interpreters of all things Black Panther helped to bring into fruition.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2854 on: April 05, 2018, 11:42:44 am »
'Black Panther' to Break Saudi Arabia's 35-Year Cinema Ban

Black Panther is set to make some more history. Marvel's superhero blockbuster will help open the first movie theater in Saudi Arabia on April 18, ending a 35-year ban on cinemas.

Marvel's record-breaking superhero blockbuster — which has already amassed north of $1.2 billion since launching in February — will herald Saudi Arabia's long-awaited return to the cinema world, becoming the first film to screen to the public in a movie theater in the country since it lifted a 35-year cinema ban. The news makes Disney and its regional distribution partner in the Middle East, Italia Film, the first to officially release a movie in the kingdom as it undergoes dramatic reforms.

The Hollywood Reporter has learned that film will be given a gala premiere on April 18 in Riyadh at the first AMC-branded cinema, which was announced Wednesday. The 620-seater theater — set to open less than four months after the ban lifting was announced in December — is a converted symphony hall in the King Abdullah Financial District, and is the first of hundreds of cinemas planned to open in the next decade.

Black Panther is set to play for five days in Riyadh and will be swiftly followed by Avengers: Infinity War, which is being given a day-and-date release on April 26.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/black-panther-break-saudi-arabias-35-year-cinema-ban-1100018

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2855 on: April 05, 2018, 12:16:31 pm »
BLACK PANTHER 'S AVENGERS - INFINITY WAR POSTER

W A K A N D A   F O R E V E R !

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #2856 on: April 05, 2018, 12:19:31 pm »
I saw the oft publicized trailer of Captain America leading The Avengers in a charge...while everyone seemed to be in Wakanda. T'Challa? Was standing behind the White hero while they were in T'Challa's country, that T'Challa friggin rules. I didn't like that right away. My optimism...already at cautious levels....dipped accordingly.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2857 on: April 05, 2018, 12:32:50 pm »
I saw the oft publicized trailer of Captain America leading The Avengers in a charge...while everyone seemed to be in Wakanda. T'Challa? Was standing behind the White hero while they were in T'Challa's country, that T'Challa friggin rules. I didn't like that right away. My optimism...already at cautious levels....dipped accordingly.

No worries, Cap is in the back.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2858 on: April 05, 2018, 01:09:34 pm »
From Cinema to Comic Book... Make It So.

Caanan White

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: April 05, 2018, 01:47:34 pm »

Well, in this kind of war; the person in front usually is the cannon fodder and dies first.  So maybe neither should be in front! 

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: April 05, 2018, 02:18:40 pm »
I would guess the slow motion scene is promotional for the trailer. Like IM and SM traveling together in all the trailers, but that scene wasnt in the movie. lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2861 on: April 05, 2018, 02:31:29 pm »

Found Okoye.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2862 on: April 07, 2018, 11:10:55 am »
New Footage!

Marvel Studios' Avengers: Infinity War -- Chant TV Spot

Put down by CBR's Dboi654

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 11:51:07 am by Ture »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2863 on: April 07, 2018, 12:32:37 pm »

Well, in this kind of war; the person in front usually is the cannon fodder and dies first.  So maybe neither should be in front!

Have no fear Kip. The Wakandan Border Tribe hold the front line with their energy shields.

I would guess the slow motion scene is promotional for the trailer. Like IM and SM traveling together in all the trailers, but that scene wasnt in the movie. lol

Sounds like a good guess.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2864 on: April 07, 2018, 12:37:15 pm »
New Footage!

Marvel Studios' Avengers: Infinity War -- Chant TV Spot

http://youtu.be/5iOhzJdDawE
Put down by CBR's Dboi654

We have a new battle cry!