Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MEDIA - Recast or The Two Killings of T'Challa the Black Panther  (Read 573478 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER MEDIA - Going Forward Black Panther 2 (Past the Agenda)
« Reply #3210 on: September 09, 2020, 06:36:50 pm »
I'm not for the erasure of black men which is also a trend or there is a push for that. And I wasn't for Shuri becoming Black Panther in the sequel before, but perhaps by the third or fourth film. The precedent for Shuri to take over is already there, and unfortunately if there were any plans to eventually get her there, now it makes sense to me to just move forward with it. I don't see it as disrespecting what Mr. Boseman brought to the role, especially if the film is careful to have a Shuri-BP attempt to live up to his standard and to always respect her brother even if she eventually learns how to forge her own path.

Recasting brings a lot of pressure to the actor who takes on that role and they will have a different energy-or should because they won't be Chadwick. I'm not opposed to recasting T'Challa down the road, but Boseman's shadow will loom quite large. DC's first attempt at a post-Heath Ledger Joker, in Suicide Squad, didn't go well (though I didn't personally have a problem with Jared Leto; I liked his take on the character) and it took them almost 10 years to get a Joker that the mass audience found acceptable, and I feel that Joaquin Phoenix's Joker was similar in some ways to Ledgers. I do wonder if bringing in say John David Washington to play T'Challa, only a few years from now, is too soon. That's why I prefer Shuri taking over, or Nakia or W'Kabi. I saw a suggestion on You Tube that if Shuri did become the next Panther they could make M'Baku a bigger character to add more gender balance and I would be okay with that. Though I would be okay with introducing other male characters as well.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3211 on: September 09, 2020, 06:58:32 pm »

Yahoo Entertainment
'Black Panther' tops Official Film Chart

CBR
Black Panther Was Reportedly the Most Streamed Comic Book Movie Last Week

Variety
TV Ratings: ‘Black Panther’ Powers to Strongest Film Performance on Broadcast Since ‘Frozen’

POP TIMES UK
The 2018 AAFCA Awards Winners: Black Panther Dominates ...

Media Play News
Disney's 'Black Panther' Tops British Home Video Chart ...

The Black Panther dominated in 2018 and the Black Panther dominates in 2020! The Black Panther Lives! Recast the Black Panther! Chadwick Boseman's legacy deserves nothing less!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 05:07:39 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: September 10, 2020, 05:47:43 am »
I just had a thought which might just make everyone happy.  It hinges on six words:

"What if Killmonger had a brother?"

Kasper Cole, anyone?

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: September 10, 2020, 01:58:58 pm »
I just had a thought which might just make everyone happy.  It hinges on six words:

"What if Killmonger had a brother?"

Kasper Cole, anyone?

There's only a small segment that like the idea of Kasper to begin with. You'd have to change the character so much to appease the bloggers that you might as well create a new character.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: September 10, 2020, 02:13:27 pm »
I'm not for the erasure of black men which is also a trend or there is a push for that. And I wasn't for Shuri becoming Black Panther in the sequel before, but perhaps by the third or fourth film. The precedent for Shuri to take over is already there, and unfortunately if there were any plans to eventually get her there, now it makes sense to me to just move forward with it. I don't see it as disrespecting what Mr. Boseman brought to the role, especially if the film is careful to have a Shuri-BP attempt to live up to his standard and to always respect her brother even if she eventually learns how to forge her own path.

Recasting brings a lot of pressure to the actor who takes on that role and they will have a different energy-or should because they won't be Chadwick. I'm not opposed to recasting T'Challa down the road, but Boseman's shadow will loom quite large. DC's first attempt at a post-Heath Ledger Joker, in Suicide Squad, didn't go well (though I didn't personally have a problem with Jared Leto; I liked his take on the character) and it took them almost 10 years to get a Joker that the mass audience found acceptable, and I feel that Joaquin Phoenix's Joker was similar in some ways to Ledgers. I do wonder if bringing in say John David Washington to play T'Challa, only a few years from now, is too soon. That's why I prefer Shuri taking over, or Nakia or W'Kabi. I saw a suggestion on You Tube that if Shuri did become the next Panther they could make M'Baku a bigger character to add more gender balance and I would be okay with that. Though I would be okay with introducing other male characters as well.

Thing is (and this has been brought up in the CBR as well) Coogler has specific themes that were created and being explored from the first film. If you make Shuri BP  then they have to do another origin story and halt any development I order to address that. Something which Marvel and Coogler cleverly got around by having T'Challas origin like story start in CW, so they could bypass all the run of the mill first movie superhero stuff and get right to the meat and potatoes. Then there's the issue that MCU Shuri by no means, is geared to take the mantle at all when T'Challa went over the waterfall, it was Nakia Okoye and mbaku that were the candidates, Shuri wasn't even a thought at all. T'Challa isn't dead. I know the King, 3000 year msb Chadwick is but T'Challa isn't. His story is far from complete and if thos was any other hero you wouldn't see this type of push. Batman wouldn't get replaced by batgirl or Robin, and superman wouldn't get replaced by
supergirl yet this is always the case for any Black Male protagonist, hero or just character. If they have a sister or friend who is also black there's a huge push to remove whatever status that character has and had the black female characters l take over. Without fail and it ain't right. I understand Black girl magic and the push for it. I agree with it. But NOT at the expense of black boys, the whole stand aside Black boys and let the girls have their turn is wrong because both are underrepresented and deserve to have places together, not one of the other.

Heath ledger was different because joker is a villain and there were other villains to fill the role against Batman. T'Challa should be able to have his story told to completion. That would be honoring Chadwicks legacy properly

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3215 on: September 10, 2020, 02:24:38 pm »
“Hopefully we can maintain the foundation that we set, and build upon it and expand and explore,” he told MTV. “That’s what I hope. But I think first you have to maintain the foundation. We built a culture and a world, and so you have to make sure that you keep that in place.”  Chadwick Boseman

Following his breakout role on the first season of “The Wire,” a 16-year-old Jordan joined the cast of the ABC soap opera “All My Children” in the role of Reggie Porter. Jordan took over the role from Boseman, who played Porter for just one week. The casting swap is hardly breaking news, but the reason why it happened was finally revealed by Boseman during a joint interview with Jordan for the latest edition of The Wrap’s awards season magazine.

It’s one of those things where you get a role, and you don’t really know,” Boseman said. “When I got it, I was like, ‘This is not part of my manifesto. This is not part of what I want to do. How can I make it work?’ Because with a soap opera, you don’t know the full scope of what’s gonna happen — you don’t know where they’re gonna take the character, because they don’t always know where the character is going. And because of that, there’s possibly room for me to adjust this and change it and make it so it’s stereotypical on the page but not on the screen.”

Boseman had some issues with the way Reggie Porter was written using racial stereotypes. In the “All My Children” storyline, Reggie was a young gang member who was adopted by Erica Kane (Susan Lucci) and her husband, Jackson Montgomery (Walt Willey). Boseman did not agree with how the writers wanted to portray Reggie on the program, and he wrestled with speaking up or not, a major decision considering “All My Children” was his first acting credit.

“I remember going home and thinking, ‘Do I say something to them about this? Do I just do it?’ And I couldn’t just do it,” Boseman said. “I had to voice my opinions and put my stamp on it. And the good thing about it was, it changed it a little bit for [Jordan]. They said, ‘You are too much trouble,’ but they took my suggestions, or some of them. And for me, honestly, that’s what this is about.”

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/01/chadwick-boseman-fired-all-my-children-racial-stereotype-michael-b-jordan-1202031999/

An inside source claims that Boseman does not like the direction Marvel is going in Black Panther 2. The studio has not said much about the plot, but Boseman reportedly dislikes the idea of Shuri taking his character’s mantle.

Moore talked about how the character of Black Panther does not belong to a particular actor.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/black-panther-2-will-avengers-5-be-chadwick-bosemans-last-appearance-in-the-mcu.html/

This pretty much sums it up. Recast T'Challa the Black Panther.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 02:47:23 pm by Ture »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3216 on: September 10, 2020, 02:52:58 pm »
Thing is (and this has been brought up in the CBR as well) Coogler has specific themes that were created and being explored from the first film. If you make Shuri BP  then they have to do another origin story and halt any development I order to address that. Something which Marvel and Coogler cleverly got around by having T'Challas origin like story start in CW, so they could bypass all the run of the mill first movie superhero stuff and get right to the meat and potatoes. Then there's the issue that MCU Shuri by no means, is geared to take the mantle at all when T'Challa went over the waterfall, it was Nakia Okoye and mbaku that were the candidates, Shuri wasn't even a thought at all. T'Challa isn't dead. I know the King, 3000 year msb Chadwick is but T'Challa isn't. His story is far from complete and if thos was any other hero you wouldn't see this type of push. Batman wouldn't get replaced by batgirl or Robin, and superman wouldn't get replaced by
supergirl yet this is always the case for any Black Male protagonist, hero or just character. If they have a sister or friend who is also black there's a huge push to remove whatever status that character has and had the black female characters l take over. Without fail and it ain't right. I understand Black girl magic and the push for it. I agree with it. But NOT at the expense of black boys, the whole stand aside Black boys and let the girls have their turn is wrong because both are underrepresented and deserve to have places together, not one of the other.

Heath ledger was different because joker is a villain and there were other villains to fill the role against Batman. T'Challa should be able to have his story told to completion. That would be honoring Chadwicks legacy properly

Well said Ezyo. I 100% agree with you.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 02:57:12 pm by Ture »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER MEDIA - Black Panther 2 *RESIST THE A.G.E.N.D.A. *
« Reply #3217 on: September 10, 2020, 02:53:29 pm »
PREVENT THE ASSASSINATION OF T'CHALLA THE BLACK PANTHER!

RESIST THE A.G.E.N.D.A.

Chadwick Boseman's legacy deserves nothing less!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 08:35:39 pm by Ture »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: September 10, 2020, 04:26:14 pm »

There’s a lot here I agree with. I think I’m a bit more put off by #blackgirlmagic because I find it hard to separate a genuine appreciation and encouragement of and for black females from an anti-black male implication when it comes to so much of the black feminist ideas and expressions of today.

I also am concerned about that push to put black males to the side in favor of black females. And while I can agree to some extent when it comes to Supergirl and Batgirl replacing Superman and Batman, I also look at a situation where Superman and Batman have been in multiple movies going back decades now, not to mention television series, so they are oversaturated. And there is feminist push around the margins, however, it doesn’t really gain traction. That being said, on television there have been jabs at Superman, on Supergirl, and Batman, on Batwoman, but those white male characters are institutions that are much more entrenched than Black Panther is, and I think that’s largely because of race and the special place black men are consigned in society, even if we go with the idea that this is a patriarchal society, it’s white male patriarchs who run things and are not inclined to share in the bounty.

I can accept that Coogler was planting seeds, though the real world unfortunately stepped in, and I think it would be better to acknowledge that loss, while keeping the legacy of the Black Panther going. MCU Shuri is not built to be Black Panther, but that’s a major part of why Shuri being the next Black Panther works, because she has a large learning curve. Yes, it would be another origin story, though one less reliant on a stodgy formula because the audience already has been introduced to Shuri in the first BP movie and also in the Avengers films and she is a fan favorite. So they don’t have to do the work of introducing her and getting the audience to like her, that’s already done. And I think the mass audience will be more accepting of yet another origin story because of Chadwick Boseman’s untimely passing. I don’t know what Coogler’s plans were or how set they were, and in some respects T’Challa did have an arc in the few films we saw him. He introduced his nation anew to the world so and came back to save the world so there is a conclusion of sorts for his story. Certainly there is more that could be told, but if they went with Shuri or another successor they can rework some of that story for their journey.

I’m not suggesting that T’Challa is put on the shelf forever, and when there is a reboot they start over with him, but for this moment, Shuri as the successor is a story that writes itself. And they could beef up M’Baku, W’Kabi, or bring in Vibraxas, and Gentle, or other black male characters to keep a gender balance. For black men, Blade is coming some time down the road, but far as I know there isn’t any black female led Marvel comic book film in the offing. Monica Rambeau might appear in the Dr. Strange film or the next Captain Marvel, and I can’t imagine they would do a new X-Men film without Storm, so to me that leaves Black Panther, due to unfortunate tragedy, a time to give the world a black female led movie, a billion dollar film that can rival Wonder Woman and the best that DC, and Marvel, has to offer.

If Marvel was already looking to put Shuri on already this is their opportunity to do it and face even the little backlash they would’ve gotten from the internet. And even if they do recast T’Challa, that doesn’t necessarily mean they still won’t have Shuri or another woman take up the mantle in a third or fourth film anyway. Recasting T’Challa still means the film will have a Black Panther whose powers are parceled out, mostly to female supporting characters, and they might still get him told as well. Though I can also see Queen Shuri going after or clapping back at 'toxic' Wakandan men who are opposed to her reign because of gender. So, to me, we are stuck, for the time being, with black feminists/feminist ideas in the MCU. A T'Challa recast is not going to stanch that.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 04:33:42 pm by Emperorjones »

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #3219 on: September 10, 2020, 07:49:30 pm »

I think the bottom line is? They're going to have to recast T'Challa...and do it for the next movie. What they MIGHT do...which is very wise imo...is reshuffle the order of PHASE 5 or whatever movies. This reshuffling will allow Shuri, Okoye,et al to play roles in OTHER movies that they haven't been in [ I can see Shuri fitting right in with THE ANT MAN AND WASP cast, for instance ] and Nakia fitting in with spy stories told in...say...HAWKEYE or CAPTAIN AMERICA AND FALCON. This will give the other characters serious developmental arcs while the role for BP is both found AND tested IN OTHER MAJOR MOVIES [ LIKE THE FANTASTIC FOUR ] giving audiences the chance to adapt to the new T'Challa. This will also max out the chances of the audience LIKING the NEW T'Challa { we could even see a arc wherein T'Challa sacrificed his life to continue The Panther Line, which sees Shuri become BP...then BAST revives an Elder T'Challa in The Ancestral Plane...played by Denzel, who had a crucial role in helping Boseman succeed in acting and thus become THE BLACK PANTHER, and Denzel would not only be the perfect initial choice to be the older T'Challa but his real life link to Boseman combined with his actual unsurpassable acting chops would CRUSH IT so we have a GUARANTEED SUCCESS with him }

Letitia Wright...Shuri...can't handle action roles. Her slender build and acting chops aren't oriented toward action. Therefore she simply can't hold the mantle of BP because it's very action heavy; a requirement that was the only slight ding against Boseman BP. There was too much CGI. The climactic battle between Killmonger Panther and BP should have involved far more action from the actors. That's the only ding on this whole cultural phenomenon of a movie. The second movie? Would be expected to at least equal but in all very high likelihood SURPASS the very high action bar set in CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER. Again...not Letita's strengths. Even with a year or two of training and diet, she couldn't believably pull it off without all these wires working her. Like Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman. Such wisely consciously avoided in MCU action by the more believable heroes like Cap, BP, Hawkeye, Black Widow, etc. There are instances and flashes of such wire work, but Gadot's Wonder Woman was bursting at the seams with it. Such wire work would be really required for Letitia Wright, because she simply doesn't have the build or psychological makeup for it.

John David Washington has the build, mindset and also looks like a younger Boseman. Get him onboard. Push back BP 2 to a date in late 2022 or early 2023. Train JDW for a year straight in the fighting arts, give him a personal trainer. He'll actually surpass Boseman's physical prowess in no more than 2 movies. Probably one. And this extra time will have him be able to get down a believable Xhosa accent and grasp of the character. And again...they can stress test him with FF and other movies BEFORE they drop BP 2.

I? Would actually see if I could fit JDW into a cameo in Doctor Strange's MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS. This Multiverse could bring back to us both an alternate dimension T'Challa and THE FANTASTIC FOUR T'Challa could have gone to fetch them and because Time works differently in the Multiverse and in Ant Man's Quantum Verse? T'Challa could actually return to Wakanda YOUNGER than he was when he left it. In the movies, Tony Starks had an app for The Fantastic Four and other groups, too. He certainly had some kind of contingency plan involving getting them back to the MCU. Most especially if he died. Because as Spider Man A LONG WAY FROM HOME proved? Tony said: E.D.I.T.H. which stands for Even Dead I'm The Hero. In this way? We get to see JDW twice as BP. The audience will be thoroughly good with seeing him as the lead BP when his time comes.

Or...I'm good with something drawing from or akin to the above. Thoughts?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: September 10, 2020, 07:58:08 pm »
My entire heart has been riven by the loss of T'Chadwick. I can only approach it with a bit of surrealism, like I know it's real...but not really. Same thing when considering someone like JDW to be his replacement as T'Challa. It...doesn't feel real. Even though I am absolutely certain that T'Chadwick would want us to replace him and indeed knew that even if had beaten colon cancer, T'Chadwick could only play T'Challa for a short period of time in his life. And T'Challa would both be played by younger actors and T'Challa the character would outlive us all.

If we...who knew nothing of the man's intensely quiet, private personal self and life...have been impacted like this? Then his family must be navigating some kind of emotional Biblical Deluge; even though they knew it was coming.

T'Chadwick might become a "bigger than Bruce Lee" kind of icon for us visavis all things positive and Afrikan.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3221 on: September 11, 2020, 08:44:46 am »
Social media's penchant for exploiting the inappropriate remains unabated. The untimely passing of Chadwick Boseman wasn't even two weeks old before the proponents of the A.G.E.N.D.A. initiated their propaganda to further the deconstruction of the Black Panther.

What worked so well for the Black Panther film was the collaborative efforts both in front and behind the camera to tell the story of T'Challa the Black Panther. Even with siphoning of his genius intellect the Black Panther came off the screen as the super hero you wanted to be.

No doubt the Black Panther had stellar supporting characters and an ideal antagonist, that's what great films are supposed to provide. And like Nolan's Dark Knight and the Russos' Captain America Winter Soldier set standards for superhero movies being grounded in reality (it would not be hard to see Batman in an episode of Law and Order SVU or Cap on Madam Secretary) the Black Panther not only did such but was conscious enough to do so while centering on Afrakanity and its social relativism in a contemporary context.

Thus with Black Panther, his crew and the world of Wakanda appearing in part in three films and fully in one, they've just scratched the surface of who T'Challa is and what it means for him to be the Black Panther. This exploration should in no way be cancelled or rerouted. I quote Chadwick Boseman...

“Hopefully we can maintain the foundation that we set, and build upon it and expand and explore,” he told MTV. “That’s what I hope. But I think first you have to maintain the foundation. We built a culture and a world, and so you have to make sure that you keep that in place.”

So it is apparent to those who truly understand and respect Chadwick Boseman that going forward with T'Challa the Black Panther is not only desirable but necessary.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: September 12, 2020, 03:23:59 am »
Social media's penchant for exploiting the inappropriate remains unabated. The untimely passing of Chadwick Boseman wasn't even two weeks old before the proponents of the A.G.E.N.D.A. initiated their propaganda to further the deconstruction of the Black Panther.

What worked so well for the Black Panther film was the collaborative efforts both in front and behind the camera to tell the story of T'Challa the Black Panther. Even with siphoning of his genius intellect the Black Panther came off the screen as the super hero you wanted to be.

No doubt the Black Panther had stellar supporting characters and an ideal antagonist, that's what great films are supposed to provide. And like Nolan's Dark Knight and the Russos' Captain America Winter Soldier set standards for superhero movies being grounded in reality (it would not be hard to see Batman in an episode of Law and Order SVU or Cap on Madam Secretary) the Black Panther not only did such but was conscious enough to do so while centering on Afrakanity and its social relativism in a contemporary context.

Thus with Black Panther, his crew and the world of Wakanda appearing in part in three films and fully in one, they've just scratched the surface of who T'Challa is and what it means for him to be the Black Panther. This exploration should in no way be cancelled or rerouted. I quote Chadwick Boseman...

“Hopefully we can maintain the foundation that we set, and build upon it and expand and explore,” he told MTV. “That’s what I hope. But I think first you have to maintain the foundation. We built a culture and a world, and so you have to make sure that you keep that in place.”

So it is apparent to those who truly understand and respect Chadwick Boseman that going forward with T'Challa the Black Panther is not only desirable but necessary.

all of this
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: September 12, 2020, 06:22:54 am »

There’s a lot here I agree with. I think I’m a bit more put off by #blackgirlmagic because I find it hard to separate a genuine appreciation and encouragement of and for black females from an anti-black male implication when it comes to so much of the black feminist ideas and expressions of today.

I also am concerned about that push to put black males to the side in favor of black females. And while I can agree to some extent when it comes to Supergirl and Batgirl replacing Superman and Batman, I also look at a situation where Superman and Batman have been in multiple movies going back decades now, not to mention television series, so they are oversaturated. And there is feminist push around the margins, however, it doesn’t really gain traction. That being said, on television there have been jabs at Superman, on Supergirl, and Batman, on Batwoman, but those white male characters are institutions that are much more entrenched than Black Panther is, and I think that’s largely because of race and the special place black men are consigned in society, even if we go with the idea that this is a patriarchal society, it’s white male patriarchs who run things and are not inclined to share in the bounty.

I can accept that Coogler was planting seeds, though the real world unfortunately stepped in, and I think it would be better to acknowledge that loss, while keeping the legacy of the Black Panther going. MCU Shuri is not built to be Black Panther, but that’s a major part of why Shuri being the next Black Panther works, because she has a large learning curve. Yes, it would be another origin story, though one less reliant on a stodgy formula because the audience already has been introduced to Shuri in the first BP movie and also in the Avengers films and she is a fan favorite. So they don’t have to do the work of introducing her and getting the audience to like her, that’s already done. And I think the mass audience will be more accepting of yet another origin story because of Chadwick Boseman’s untimely passing. I don’t know what Coogler’s plans were or how set they were, and in some respects T’Challa did have an arc in the few films we saw him. He introduced his nation anew to the world so and came back to save the world so there is a conclusion of sorts for his story. Certainly there is more that could be told, but if they went with Shuri or another successor they can rework some of that story for their journey.

I’m not suggesting that T’Challa is put on the shelf forever, and when there is a reboot they start over with him, but for this moment, Shuri as the successor is a story that writes itself. And they could beef up M’Baku, W’Kabi, or bring in Vibraxas, and Gentle, or other black male characters to keep a gender balance. For black men, Blade is coming some time down the road, but far as I know there isn’t any black female led Marvel comic book film in the offing. Monica Rambeau might appear in the Dr. Strange film or the next Captain Marvel, and I can’t imagine they would do a new X-Men film without Storm, so to me that leaves Black Panther, due to unfortunate tragedy, a time to give the world a black female led movie, a billion dollar film that can rival Wonder Woman and the best that DC, and Marvel, has to offer.

If Marvel was already looking to put Shuri on already this is their opportunity to do it and face even the little backlash they would’ve gotten from the internet. And even if they do recast T’Challa, that doesn’t necessarily mean they still won’t have Shuri or another woman take up the mantle in a third or fourth film anyway. Recasting T’Challa still means the film will have a Black Panther whose powers are parceled out, mostly to female supporting characters, and they might still get him told as well. Though I can also see Queen Shuri going after or clapping back at 'toxic' Wakandan men who are opposed to her reign because of gender. So, to me, we are stuck, for the time being, with black feminists/feminist ideas in the MCU. A T'Challa recast is not going to stanch that.

Black girl magic isnt a big deal when it's by itself, just the simple appreciation of it. But when you have stuff like BP wow, or the Shuri mini where they inject contrived narratives and faux gender inequality issues to simply throw shade, that's when it becomes a. Issue. Its no longer about appreciation and becomes this bash the other to make myself feel better. And all it does is add fuel to the flame.

Again, black males are the only characters that face so much push from them to step aside and let a Black female take the reigns, instead of pushing for representation equally its like Black males and females have to play musical chairs with each other while the rest have their own seats.

As for your point with Batman and Superman.. exactly. They have been around for decade's, so if they get replaced for a few years it's not a big deal, they have a massive presence. However, the minute we see T'Challa hot the big screen and become a cultural movement, it's immediately calls to get him out of the protagonist role and replaced by any of the female cast, with the biggest being Shuri with the whole "it happened in the comics" line, even though we know the MCU doesn't follow the comics.

Shuri doesn't work for the role because she is absolutely not geared to rule, honestly her living up to the legacy of her of brother is just retreads the first movie. And ABSOLUTELY NOT about the whole Shuri clapping back at toxic Wakandan men. That's Coates territory and the movie has shown that is not and has never been an issue. The women in Wakanda are highly respected and having Shuri "clap back" just feeds into the toxicity of the pushes to shade throw the other gender to prop up the other.

Sure Shuri is a fan favorite, but people love to forget it's T'Challas mythos and he is the glue who holds the mythos together. Not Shuri, not Okoye, not Nakia, or M'Baku. Replacing T'Challas story with it being incomplete and having Shuri take over and saying wait is incredibly dishonoring to Chad's legacy and what he was trying to achieve. If RDJ or Evans or any of those other actors passed you think they would of replaced them with riri, or falcon? Nah they would of recast them to complete their 10 year long story and finished their arc.. yet for some reason, to Honor, T'Chadwick, they drop his entire story as a tribute?? See how that doesn't make any sense?? The dude would of wanted T'Challas story told in full, not waiting x amount of years for a reboot that we have no idea when it's going to come so that T'Challa can finally have his story told, with an even bigger push for him to be sidelined because in peoples minds "Shuris been the BP for so long it's basically her mythos now" I ain't on that and I can guarantee that is a possibility