Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - BP2 Wakanda Forever... We got some pics...Whoa!  (Read 909464 times)

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie!!!
« Reply #360 on: May 13, 2016, 01:07:44 pm »
I'll be honest. Even though Ms Nyong'o is nice but it is almost as if she is the "go to" black actress, even though her resume is light in comparison to more established black women as actresses around her age range.

Each and every film she is "linked" too, always become some form of a minor supporting role where you barely would notice her.

I would rather have Nicole Beharie as Monica Lynne since she already has experience in playing next to Boseman. No to Nyong'o as Shuri. I just don't see her presence or range to be a character such as Shuri.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 13, 2016, 01:15:59 pm »
Oh since its been a week.

My review

1. The "Dora" was fine and I loved T'challa reaction

2. If you kill my parents even with "brainwashing", nah we ain't cool and Steve no bro just no.

3. If it wasn't for Spider-man and black panther, this movie would have been a borefest. We have to admit that the comedy was from Spiderman and the badassery was Black panther.

4. I need to get me that BP Lego set from Target.

5. Aunt May is hawt

6. Just hated how Crossbones died so soon and so easy.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #362 on: May 13, 2016, 01:40:23 pm »
Oh since its been a week.

My review

1. The "Dora" was fine and I loved T'challa reaction

2. If you kill my parents even with "brainwashing", nah we ain't cool and Steve no bro just no.

3. If it wasn't for Spider-man and black panther, this movie would have been a borefest. We have to admit that the comedy was from Spiderman and the badassery was Black panther.

4. I need to get me that BP Lego set from Target.

5. Aunt May is hawt

6. Just hated how Crossbones died so soon and so easy.

Pretty much this up there^^^. Although I thought that Winter Soldier and Cap had plenty of badass moments. I like that Cap threw his shield to ricochet off of multiple soldiers etc more times in this movie than previously.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #363 on: May 13, 2016, 02:34:20 pm »
I originally thought of her as an ideal Shuri and still do but the thought of her being the love interest is very very intriguing and I would definitely appreciate that.  Danai Gurira could just as easily play Shuri.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 13, 2016, 02:37:13 pm »
And now Michael B. Jordan has joined the class. Killmonger perhaps?
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline CKW

• View Profile
    • blackpantherfanstories.wordpress.com
« Reply #365 on: May 13, 2016, 02:53:49 pm »
I think T'Challa and his father had a serious argument over how Wakanda should have reacted to the Lagos Incident. T'Chaka went for diplomacy whereas T'Challa seemed to want 'shock and awe' but bowed to his father's wishes.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #367 on: May 17, 2016, 10:32:02 pm »
Black Panther...Cinema Magic

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 24, 2016, 08:34:19 am »

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #369 on: May 27, 2016, 03:43:50 pm »
NEW LOOKS AT BLACK PANTHER, AND MORE IN CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR CONCEPT ART
May 24, 2016 Cooper Hood

It’s been over three weeks since Captain America: Civil War was released worldwide and based on how the box office has been, basically everyone has seen the movie at least once by now. With 12 super powered people appearing throughout, they all collided in the “splash page” airport fight. Ten of these people were characters we have met prior to Phase 3, but two of them were making their debuts in this film. Spider-Man and Black Panther have been fan favorites and scene stealers in the film, with a lot of us looking forward to seeing each of them again in their solo films.

The looks of both of these characters were nailed, and is a big reason why they were accepted so quickly. The Daily Superhero have published some photos from a recently released book, “Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War: The Art of of the Movie,” featuring the two new characters and some alternate designs for other characters as well. The concept art is in the gallery at the top of the article, and while some of it went unused, it is interesting to see the different directions Marvel was thinking about going in.

full article
http://mcuexchange.com/new-looks-at-spider-man-black-panther-and-more-in-captain-america-civil-war-concept-art/

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 27, 2016, 05:23:42 pm »
I feel the movie got it right. The other art looks more like armor and similar to Batman and the habit looks just unique all around. They made the right choice

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 12, 2016, 05:17:25 pm »
Sebastian Stan hints at the possibility of Bucky Barnes showing up in Black Panther movie

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sebastian-stan-hints-possibility-bucky-barnes-showing-black-panther-movie-1564103?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=rss&utm_content=/rss/yahoous/news&yptr=yahoo
Makes sense he is in Wakanda now after the scenes in Civil War. Besides he signed a multi film contract

Offline Rurouni KJS

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 16, 2016, 09:17:44 pm »
I hope there isn't a Shuri in the BP film, at least not one like we've had in the comics. I could not STAND that character when she was introduced. It took me a lonnnnnng time to warm up to her.

LONG time.

So I'm encouraged by the prospect of Lupita N'yongo as the love interest.

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #374 on: July 01, 2016, 04:45:34 pm »

How 'Black Panther' Could Redefine Superhero Movies Forever

by Kit Simpson Browne,  June 13th, 2016

Now, Black Panther may not have had a whole lot of screen time with which to make his mark in this summer's Captain America: Civil War, but what time the Chadwick Boseman-played hero did have, he used to remarkably good effect. The young Wakandan royal — better known to his friends as T'Challa — has, it seems, gone from being a largely unknown cinematic wildcard to a veritable fan-favorite in the space of, well, about twenty minutes of screen time. That, however, may not be all the hero has planned in terms of defying expectation. Y'see, as it turns out... Black Panther's Solo Movie Might Just Be Set To Redefine Superhero Movies Forever For, as it turns out, three key reasons.

First up?

3. Black Panther Is A Strikingly Different Sort Of Hero To What We're Used To
Now, of course, a big part of Black Panther seeming unusual in a superhero context is the fact that, unlike the vast majority of heroes we've ever seen take to the big screen, he's not white. Now, there's a whole article (or thirty) worth of things to talk about there, with the lack of representation in the film industry being just one of the problems, but that isn't actually what I mean when I say "strikingly different." After all, with Civil War featuring three distinct, stereotype-free African American leads, and Black Panther looking set to do better still, we'll hopefully soon have little cause to be surprised to see well-rounded black heroes (and villains) in superhero movies.

Black Panther,though, is strikingly different from the heroes we're used to. The reason? Y'see, while Tony Stark may be a successful CEO, Steve Rogers a decorated veteran, and Natasha Romanoff a skilled field leader, T'Challa is, y'know, an actual king. As such, you're unlikely to see much more in the way of anger-driven antics from the Wakandan monarch. Instead, as in the comic books, Black Panther is likely to be calm, calculating and constantly one step ahead of everyone around him — just like his comic book counterpart. Which, in a world of hot-headed billionaire goofballs and irrational fear-fueled Batmen, might just prove to be a genre-redefining play on his part.

Speaking of which...
2. Black Panther's Role In The MCU Is Unlike That Of Any Other Hero
Y'see, T'Challa being the king of Wakanda isn't, it seems, going to be a mere biographical detail for the hero — something we hear mentioned as he trots about the globe, fighting generic bad guys in exotic locations. Instead, it's his full-time job. If Black Panther fights crime, it's as the king of Wakanda. If he opts to help Bucky Barnes, it's as the king of Wakanda — and Wakanda will have to deal with any consequences alongside him.

In other words? Unlike every other hero in the MCU (and, quite possibly, superhero movies everywhere), it's entirely impossible to separate the man — T'Challa — from the hero — Black Panther. Where Tony Stark can choose to opt out of wearing the Iron Man armor, and Cap can leave his shield and costume behind if he so chooses, T'Challa has no such option.

His greatest responsibility comes not from his costume, but from his role as king. Putting on a cat-themed mask is simply an extension of that — something we can expect to be reflected in his actions within the MCU in future.

And, finally...

1. Black Panther's Approach To The World Is Likely To Be Very Different To That Of Other Heroes
Specifically, don't expect him to spend much of his time hanging around New York City, and then hopping off on occasional expeditions to faraway nations. Where the likes of Spider-Man and Marvel's Netflix heroes are (much like the DCEU's Batman) very much tied to their home city, and the internationalist likes of Iron Man, Captain America and Superman are largely defined by the global scope of their focus, Black Panther looks set to take a very different path: One that leads to Wakanda, above all else.

As was pointed out above, T'Challa is a king first, and a hero second, and while his comic book counterpart has spent much of his time in New York (for various reasons), that doesn't seem likely to be mirrored in the MCU anytime soon. In fact, his one-time comic book liaison in the US, Everett Ross, looks increasingly likely to be deployed to Wakanda in 2018's Black Panther — something that took a while to happen in the comics.

Black Panther, then, may well prove to be the MCU's first truly "foreign" superhero

— one more focused on protecting his own country than on acting as an international peacekeeper or watching over his self-selected slice of New York City.

The big question now, though?

What do you think?

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3964001