Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - BP2 Wakanda Forever... We got some pics...Whoa!  (Read 907335 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - BP2 Wakanda Forever... Possible delay?
« Reply #3675 on: April 02, 2022, 07:43:26 pm »
Thanks. You're welcome.

Black Panther 2 Star Says Wakanda Forever Will Blow Everyone Away

http://screenrant.com/black-panther-2-wakanda-forever-details-danny-sapani/

I really hope that it will do this, but I seriously doubt that it will do so.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - BP2 Wakanda Forever... Will "Blow Everyone Away."
« Reply #3676 on: April 07, 2022, 03:58:39 am »
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 10:07:06 am by Emperorjones »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
First Black Panther 2 Footage Released at CinemaCon
By Sam Hargrave

Marvel Studios has undoubtedly suffered many challenges over the years to reach the level of success it's seeing today with the Marvel Cinematic Universe But following the tragic death of T'Challa actor Chadwick Boseman, the studio is facing its toughest task yet: continuing the Black Panther franchise without the star that made it such a success.

Director Ryan Coogler will return to achieve that goal this year with Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. The sequel will continue to explore the world of Wakanda and its people in the absence of the iconic King T'Challa as Marvel Studios has remained adamant it will not recast the original lead.

Letitia Wright's Shuri, Lupita Nyong'o's Nakia, and Danai Gurira's Okoye will all reprise their MCU roles, although it's unclear who will take over the Black Panther mantle. The trio will be joined by almost every major player from the first film including Angela Bassett, Martin Freeman, and Daniel Kaluuya.

Beyond the familiar Wakandans, the Black Panther follow-up will introduce two more major players in the Marvel world with Riri Williams' Ironheart - in advance of her own Disney+ series - as well as Tenoch Huerta's Namor the Submariner.

Past reports have indicated Namor and his Atlantean army will serve as the main antagonists to the Wakandans, it appears the first footage may have offered the first tease of, what could be, that battle.

Disney opened its annual CinemaCon presentation with a sizzle reel - shown exclusively to attendees - which featured the first footage of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

Fandango's Erik Davis described the footage as featuring a prominent shot of Nakia, Shuri, and Okoye on the front line of a major battle.

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige - via The Hollywood Reporter's Chris Gardner - promised director Ryan Coogler is "working very hard" on the sequel.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever has suffered countless difficulties since its announcement. The troubles started at their worst with the tragic loss of Chadwick Boseman and only continued, having most recently endured on-set difficulties with Shuri actress Letitia Wright.

Despite difficulties and halts to filming, Disney appears to have reaffirmed the November release date for Wakanda Forever at its CinemaCon presentation, indicating everything is on course to be ready by the end of the year.

Many will be disappointed to hear the first footage from the Black Panther sequel was shown privately, but it doesn't appear much was shown. Namor and the Atlanteans were completely absent from the sneak peek - even though that's likely who the trio of female Wakandan warriors was preparing to face off against in this battle.

Marvel Studios will probably showcase Wakanda Forever privately once again in just a few short months at San Diego Comic-Con. In terms of when footage will be released publicly, that's more difficult to determine than ever after Thor: Love and Thunder broke the record for the MCU's shortest trailer-to-release window.

Going by the average window, the Black Panther sequel should release its first trailer towards the end of May, but the MCU hasn't exactly stuck to that as of late. With Wakanda Forever releasing just 126 days after Love and Thunder, there's a chance the trailer could premiere as soon as early July to accompany the Asgardian epic into theaters.

Only time will tell when fans around the world will get their first look at Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, which will theaters on November 11, 2022.

https://thedirect.com/article/black-panther-2-footage

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
From his introduction he stole or owned every scene.

Whether after the wars, during his homecoming or at the endgame, each time he appeared we rejoiced and wanted more.

And now we are told that we're supposed to accept that this was all the T'Challa, all the Black Pantherwe we will have. 

THEY ARE IN FOR A VERY RUDE AWAKENING!

1597694 to 1797561

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
https://awesomelyluvvie.com/2022/05/recast-tchalla.html

Another beautifully written article on why TíChalla should be recast. Even Chadwickís niece agrees in the comments!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - BP2 Wakanda Forever... PLOT LEAKED!!!
« Reply #3680 on: June 13, 2022, 11:18:53 pm »
Basically T'Challa dies protecting his son, in an attack blamed on Atlantis. They destroy a huge part of the city, Shuri and others take some tech and leave. Namor chases them around the globe while Shuri and others try and get help. You find out Wakanda building Avengers bases around the world. She also creates new tech to help people connected to them and some of their outreach (a girl as smart as Shuri is one of these people in MIT). Lots of politics (they find out the nation of Latveria set up the attack to frame them, they travel there too), protecting Tchallas son and basically a few Panther suits worn by a few people. Also, the movie goes back and forth between Shuri and some guards and a story of other tribes fighting still back home against Namors close guards. Itís honestly kind of a weak story but weíll see how good the action is. Shuri comes back with an army of high tech suits, big fights. Namor and his tribes leave. Ends with Tchallaís kid being set up to take the mantle when heís ready and Doom is revealed as the leader of the country that framed them
courtesy of CBR's Vordan

Holy plot holes and malfunctioning plot devices. The first two partially underlined sentences are enough to want to give this plot leak a side eye.

Ok, done.

We already know what a disaster killing T'Challa is. Add insult to injury by destroying huge part of Wakanda. What happened to the force fields used in Infinity War? Oh well, I hear the echo chamber, "it happened in the comics. Yea and T'Challa is still alive in the comics. After the insult we get a little stupid with Shuri and company fleeing the country looking for help. Really. they will destroy and punk Wakanda for Namor's under sea kingdom. C'mon man. Building Avengers bases is ridiculous.

Thankfully this just a rumor.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: June 14, 2022, 04:15:55 am »
It is a rumor. If true it is very messy and would just make more sense to make Shuri Black Panther and Queen of Wakanda instead. I do like the idea of Doom manipulating Wakanda and Atlantis though.

I don't get why Shuri, etc., would need to go around the world to get help against Atlantis. Seems to me Wakandans would stand and fight. We saw that in Black Panther and Avengers Infinity. I guess the rumored other tribes fighting Namor bit would be giving M'Baku something to do.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3682 on: June 14, 2022, 09:23:00 am »
I say rumor based on the fact it not official.

If Chadwick was involved in Black Panther Wakanda Forever this premise would read much better.

In a perfect Black Panther world a recast T'Challa would be leading the defense of Wakanda and going head to head with Namor. T'Challa would also be following leads to uncover how this attack was orchestrated. Wakanda would look beautiful and exotic and showcased without taking any real damage (definitely not the city). Wakanda would be more advanced than Atlantis but the latter would be highly formidable causing Wakanda to show just how powerful they are. The end of the third act would reveal it was Doom manipulating Atlantis. The mid credit scene would show T'Challa the Black Panther confronting Doom. Set up for BP3.

Alas, we don't have a perfect Black Panther world just this bizzarro world of the A.G.E.N.D.A.

Offline BlackClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: June 14, 2022, 03:41:09 pm »
Sounds like a bigger mess than I thought it would be if this is true.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3684 on: June 17, 2022, 10:24:04 am »

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: June 19, 2022, 10:38:50 am »
I can see how Johnny come lately ďfansĒ might buy into this mess replacing TíChaka with TíChalla in BP mythology all due to the misguided notion of honoring TíChalla in this way. Think though, how the hell would a merely competent superhero with his resources, who saw his father killed allow his son and heir to ever be in danger!?! Iím out.

No peace,

Mont

Offline BlackClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: June 22, 2022, 12:42:37 pm »
I can see how Johnny come lately ďfansĒ might buy into this mess replacing TíChaka with TíChalla in BP mythology all due to the misguided notion of honoring TíChalla in this way. Think though, how the hell would a merely competent superhero with his resources, who saw his father killed allow his son and heir to ever be in danger!?! Iím out.

No peace,

Mont

Exactly. The movie is entirely banking on the audience not being able to separate the character from the actor, but if they can do that then the entire plot of this film makes zero sense.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: June 23, 2022, 07:04:58 am »
They are also banking on trying to throw as many characters and Cameos as they can into the movie to fill the gap. But it's like Martin Freeman already had said, there's a gap.. so if you got a dude IN the movie saying he felt the gap of Chad's passing and not being in the movie. That's saying something.

They are hoping that they "Hype" of people praising Shuri will carry over as well when in reality these characters lack substance. They are fun in small doses but when they have to carry an entire movie it's when these characters fall apart. Doubly so when they are essentially OCs and don't resemble their comic counterparts at all

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: June 23, 2022, 07:04:09 pm »
They are also banking on trying to throw as many characters and Cameos as they can into the movie to fill the gap. But it's like Martin Freeman already had said, there's a gap.. so if you got a dude IN the movie saying he felt the gap of Chad's passing and not being in the movie. That's saying something.

They are hoping that they "Hype" of people praising Shuri will carry over as well when in reality these characters lack substance. They are fun in small doses but when they have to carry an entire movie it's when these characters fall apart. Doubly so when they are essentially OCs and don't resemble their comic counterparts at all

Very much agree with all you've said here. I do think that what you are describing is part of a larger trend with the MCU though, but it's just going to go into overdrive without T'Challa as the linchpin of the franchise that bore his name. I'm thinking about how they turned Spider-Man: No Way Home and Dr. Strange 2 both into almost mini-Avenger level event films with all of the characters and spectacle they threw into that. Right now audiences are still flocking to these movies, but over time I wonder if they will become so stuffed that people will be overwhelmed? Further, I think with Marvel/Disney attempting to hook people and keep them coming back they are losing keeping the focus on the individual characters in their own films and eventually I think that's going to hurt them. Despite some flaws, the first MCU films (and I would put Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, and a lesser extent Black Panther), they kept their focus on the main character and their journey. I think Black Widow and Shang-Chi did as well, though I felt Shang-Chi was pushed to the side for his sister. No Way Home did a good job of keeping the focus on the MCU Peter but I felt Dr. Strange 2 got away from Strange with Disney in a rush to set up the next round of films instead of providing a worthy next step in Strange's journey/evolution as a character. I got a feeling that Thor's story will be lost in the shuffle in Love and Thunder and he'll just be there to sell tickets while the real story will be Jane Foster and then Valkyrie.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: June 25, 2022, 11:54:13 am »
Yeah I agree. What they are forgetting are the word being sold by the cast. Martin said it, Winston said it. There's a gap without Chad.
Dania said Coogler is telling a harrowing tale. Harrowing definition: acutely distressing.

So how is this supposed to honor Chad! How is this supposed to uplift people and Keep then coming back to bask in black excellence when the stuff above are what cast members have to say about the movie? No one is going to want to watch a depressing story over and over again.

We have enough depressing stuff happening in real life to black folks and now they want the ONLY billion dollar headlining Black led film to now replicate real life and kill a larger than life character because the actor who fought through cancer to bring him to life passed? The same guy who wanted people to see the character and not him?

The man who refused to have Wakandans speaking with a British accent. The man who turned down endorsements that would of had negative influence on young black boys. The man who's own family has said multiple times that he would want a Recast...

THIS is how they choose to honor him? Within MINUTES by Snake Moores own words they decided there was no recast, weeks after his passing and less than 3 months after it they are announcing to the world no Recast, and then trying to retrofit that Wakanda was always the focus and the story won't change much because this was always the path of the sequel to focus on Wakanda and Cooglers script would only have minor changes (which was a lie because Bassett siad the script changed 6 times and Coogler himself said at the time of the announcement that he hadn't even really started the script)? Ontop of all the revisionist history happening as of late  most notably the recent podcast about BP? It's disgusting  and this needs to blow up in their face if they actually kill him off