Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MEDIA - Recast or The Two Killings of T'Challa the Black Panther  (Read 571426 times)

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie!!!
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2014, 07:09:00 pm »
Another great find!  Thanks brother Ture!

Peace,

Mont

Online JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2014, 09:56:14 pm »
My pick for T'Chaka:

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2014, 11:38:43 pm »
Co-sign!

Peace,

Mont

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2014, 12:24:53 am »
I won't be surprised that T'chaka will make an appearance in A: AOU and possibly die which will lead to T'challa making his appearance in CA:CW. Hell he just may join Steve side because he is pissed that it is Tony fault regarding the Ultrons destroying parts of Wakanda.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2014, 09:38:31 am »
My pick for T'Chaka:

Real talk? There are only 2 real contenders for T'Chaka, although I'm sure both of them will not be given the nod.

Those real contenders are:

MICHAEL JAI WHITE

and WESLEY SNIPES

But they won't get the nod.

Especially since Michael Jai White was almost God-created to play Luke Cage...whose name I'm surprised I haven't heard more of than I've heard of TChalla visavis movies are concerned.

And Wesley still is...

So Hollywood will prolly get someone like TAYE DIGGS, who people forget carried action in EQUILIBRIUM quite well...

and the much overlooked MORRIS CHESTNUT, who is a major heart throb to our WOC...

Morris would probably be the front runner for LUKE CAGE [ even though he really shouldn't be; he should be a definite second to Michael Jai ] if Marvel brought him out soon, but they're not gonna do that so by the time they make that decision? Morris will be too old for the role.

You know who else would be a dark horse longshot but whose proven he can handle physical martial arts choreography well?

Yall remember this here movie?

"Exit Wounds (2001)" Theatrical Trailer

And...for real...honorary mention for THIS guy, because of his role playing THIS guy:

A Man Called Hawk intro
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2014, 12:39:19 pm »
Mad props for the Avery Brooks nod Brother S.I.!  I met AB at a con a few years back and was in nerd/geek Nirvana!  Very thorough rundown as we would expect from you! 

Peace,

Mont

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2014, 01:02:54 pm »
This is great news. I wonder how much of Reggie's treatment of Black Panther will make it to the film adaption?

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2014, 01:06:59 pm »
To the folks that actually post in the cesspool CBR, how is the reaction over there
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2014, 02:01:48 pm »
To the folks that actually post in the cesspool CBR, how is the reaction over there

I bet both Namor fans and Storm are throwing intense amounts of passive-aggressive shade, masked as "honest criticism". All the while seething and flatout praying for its failure in private. Knowing those two fanbases.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2014, 07:14:32 pm »

I bet both Namor fans and Storm are throwing intense amounts of passive-aggressive shade, masked as "honest criticism". All the while seething and flatout praying for its failure in private. Knowing those two fanbases.

Even though Namor has had overall the best lines in the NA series imo, Namor fans DO have LEGIT beef with how he's been portrayed. Atlantis gets tomped by Shuri then TChalla not only tricks him and keeps him away but then has Namor helpless and ready to be killed. The Illuminati had to save him.

But on the other hand? Remember all those:"...teaching Wakandas to wim..." and slick little Namor-bangs-Storm jokes after an druing AoA? Yeah the Big Guns here let me know about it, and I predicted that they would eat their words.

How them snarky paragraphs taste, now? Payback's a...Hickman.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2014, 07:19:21 pm »

Even though Namor has had overall the best lines in the NA series imo, Namor fans DO have LEGIT beef with how he's been portrayed. Atlantis gets tomped by Shuri then TChalla not only tricks him and keeps him away but then has Namor helpless and ready to be killed. The Illuminati had to save him.

But on the other hand? Remember all those:"...teaching Wakandas to wim..." and slick little Namor-bangs-Storm jokes after an druing AoA? Yeah the Big Guns here let me know about it, and I predicted that they would eat their words.

Are you sure you're actually reading New Avengers?

How did T'Challa "trick" Namor?

What precipitated the Queen of Wakanda sanctioned attack on Wakanda?

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2014, 08:38:07 pm »

Um....what? How did T'challa trick Namor? If anything, Namor tricked T'challa because he covertly sent Thanos' army there, because Atlantis got stomped by a justice seeking Wakanda. Justice over something that Namor did on his own volition.

Which btw, is the truth, as even Brevoort came out and said that Namor was in control of his own actions. As the Phoenix (that was broken up in five pieces) just amplified already existing desires and feelings. Brevoort, who is the higher authority than any writer and who contradicted all the pathetic head-canons of Namor apologists that were calling it "mind-control".

And "yes", the second paragraph was a strawman, but it was just something that needed to be said. As I'm tired of seeing the same false talking points.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2014, 09:20:06 pm »

Um....what? How did T'challa trick Namor? If anything, Namor tricked T'challa because he covertly sent Thanos' army there, because Atlantis got stomped by a justice seeking Wakanda. Justice over something that Namor did on his own volition.

Which btw, is the truth, as even Brevoort came out and said that Namor was in control of his own actions. As the Phoenix (that was broken up in five pieces) just amplified already existing desires and feelings. Brevoort, who is the higher authority than any writer and who contradicted all the pathetic head-canons of Namor apologists that were calling it "mind-control".

And "yes", the second paragraph was a strawman, but it was just something that needed to be said. As I'm tired of seeing the same false talking points.

I had no idea about this "Namor in control of his own actions" thing. Good lookin out.

As for TChalla tricking Namor? Remember this?

BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2014, 09:30:29 pm »
I had no idea about this "Namor in control of his own actions" thing. Good lookin out.

He didn't trick him though. He even told Namor before he went to meet with Shuri that she probably wouldn't listen to him. But Namor, being his usual dumb and smug self, didn't take T'challa to heart and ended up being salty afterwards.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 09:42:21 pm by Booshman »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2014, 09:32:28 pm »

He didn't trick him though. He even told Namor before he went to meet with Shuri that she probably wouldn't listen to him. But Namor, being his usual dumb and smug self, didn't take T'challa to heart and ended up being salty afterwards.

The trick was the part where Namor was held in Wakanda by The Dora Milaje and BP while Atlantis is being destroyed by Wakanda.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: