Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MCU - WAKANDA FOREVER - Ture's Review  (Read 1085025 times)

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie!!!
« Reply #165 on: May 20, 2015, 12:23:44 pm »
With the changes "AOU" presented to the BP mythos I could see Marvel introducing T'Challa by having someone take a shot at T'Chaka.  Might not make sense for it to be The Winter Soldier as we know from "CATWS" Bucky is piecing together the story of who he really is.  However, Crossbones is in need of some serious upgrades after  "CATWS" and I could see him being sent in to implicate Bucky setting up a clash, not only between T'Challa and WS but Cap and Falcon too?  I could also see a re-built Klaue going back for more Vibranium and re-establishing the BP origin?  The former might map better to "Civil War?"

I guess we'll see?

Peace,

Mont

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 20, 2015, 03:20:03 pm »
Also, I don't think anyone asked if people like Joss Whedon or the Russo Brothers knew the material or could connect with fans better...and look at the results they got.

Joss Whedon is a well-established comicbook writer, movie & television director which I believe speak for itself regarding understanding the material and connecting with fans.

I don't know anything about the Russo Bros.

I'd rather choose a sure thing than take a risk with this kind of material.

I dunno...the Russo bros were my main point...they never directed an action movie before and no one knows if they ever knew anything about the comics...yet they arguably made the best MCU movie yet.   And I'm not sure if anyone, including Mr. Hudlin, would be a "sure" thing.  Again, as with most things, not everyone was a fan of his run on Panther and not every movie he made was stellar, though some were gems.  (This obviously could be said of any director)

Even Joss Whedon failed with Avengers 2, which is getting critically panned and honestly deserves it.

Duvernay isn't a sure thing, but brings fresh new possibilities.  Plus she did do a pretty intense, political and spy type action episode of Scandal that showed some chops for action and drama.  From the controversies before with his Panther run some fans could get turned off from seeing it with Hudlin as director, though I'm sure many others still will go see it.

Like I said, nothing is a sure thing.

I really like Avengers 2, brutha. And honestly...Hudlin is hands down theeee BEST choice Marvel could make to helm The Black Panther movie. Far and away thee best. That's exactly why he won't get the nod. Hudlin+Priest would smash all barriers with the illest script if they co-wrote it. They'd probably crush HANCOCK's GOAT box office record for Black superheroes, and definitely beat THE HULK's solo movie.  That's exactly why it won't happen.

Next best would be Fuqua. Because BP=BIG ACTION. Haven't seen Duvernay's grasp of action. Have seen Antoine's. Twon is ill with it. Hudlin with DJANGO [ yeah yeah I know about the whole Tarantino thing ] and Fuqua with almost everything has shown real skills with the big action.

Both Hudlin [ the #1 pick ] and Fuqua have proven that they can and do script potent dialogue, shoot character scenes well, and much more. BP would be firing on all cylinders with Fuqua directing. BP would be transcend dimensions with Hudlin directing. Either director would benefit the more with a talent like Priest scripting.

So. Of course it won't happen.

Until we Redjack our own studio. Hmmm...

We will SERIOUSLY have to disagree about Avengers 2.  It's even getting critically panned and Whedon's Ultron was a joke.  It could have been way better.

We will, as Battle and I did, have to disagree about Hudlin on Panther as well as I didn't really enjoy his take and writing of the character and mythos.  Also, what action shots or movies has Hudlin done outside of directing the cartoon?  I seriously may not know so educate me...Django was Tarantino.

Fuqua may be a good choice, absolutely.  So would F. Gary Gray. 

I still contend Ava Duvernay would be an interesting choice and actually would rather see her take than Mr. Hudlin's...though Priest assisting with script would be very cool as I thoroughly enjoyed his run.

Again, after the Magic the Russo brothers, who never did an action movie before, worked with Cap 2, I could see it happening.

I do hope we're not questioning Ms. Duvernay because she's a woman...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 03:23:04 pm by A.Curry »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 20, 2015, 05:03:22 pm »

We will SERIOUSLY have to disagree about Avengers 2.  It's even getting critically panned and Whedon's Ultron was a joke.  It could have been way better.

We will, as Battle and I did, have to disagree about Hudlin on Panther as well as I didn't really enjoy his take and writing of the character and mythos.  Also, what action shots or movies has Hudlin done outside of directing the cartoon?  I seriously may not know so educate me...Django was Tarantino.

I still contend Ava Duvernay would be an interesting choice and actually would rather see her take than Mr. Hudlin's...though Priest assisting with script would be very cool as I thoroughly enjoyed his run.

Again, after the Magic the Russo brothers, who never did an action movie before, worked with Cap 2, I could see it happening.

Yo...

M'man...

No one can win arguments by making assumptions.
Nowhere in the text exchange between you & I was there an agreement that Mr. Hudlin should not be assigned as director in The Black Panther movie ;  I merely understood  your point why you think Ms. Duvernay should take the assignment.

Let me be clear:

I strongly believe Mr. Hudlin is the primary person to handle director duties because he has demonstrated that he has a firm grasp of the material by treating the character with the dignity & respect that it deserves with the consistency that the creator did when the character made its first appearance.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2015, 03:41:15 pm »
I haven't seen AOU yet, but if TChalla is alive [ like he is /was in The Ultimates Universe ] then we have a very clear way to keep TChalla consistently in the orbit of The Avengers, grow him as a franchise character, and yet allow him to have solo movies, too. This also brings TChalla back to his original old skool title as PRINCE TChalla, as he was back in the 1960's [ for awhile ].

We also have a way to have Wesley Snipes in BP. As TChaka. He would smash and destroy that role.

But. That would happen only if they plan to reboot Blade [ which I'm sure that they do ].

And it's too much to hope for, but...Michael Jai White as TChaka would be insane, too.

Remember when I told you guys that a throwdown between TChaka and TChalla would be sweet, too? Some years ago? Welllll...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 25, 2015, 04:55:03 pm »

Yo...

M'man...

No one can win arguments by making assumptions.
Nowhere in the text exchange between you & I was there an agreement that Mr. Hudlin should not be assigned as director in The Black Panther movie ;  I merely understood  your point why you think Ms. Duvernay should take the assignment.

Let me be clear:

I strongly believe Mr. Hudlin is the primary person to handle director duties because he has demonstrated that he has a firm grasp of the material by treating the character with the dignity & respect that it deserves with the consistency that the creator did when the character made its first appearance.

Yo.

M' man...

Lol. Sorry, I haven't been around dudes that talk this way in a while...

You misunderstood my response.  How I don't know...but I was saying supreme and I will have to disagree....AS YOU AND I DISAGREED ABOUT HUDLIN DIRECTING THE BP FILM, about Avengers 2.

No assumption made...I got your original message loud and clear. You just misunderstood my response.

I totally understand how and why you feel about his directing duties the way you do. ,I'm just saying supreme and I will have to disagree the way YOU AND I DISAGREED.

That's all.  And there's no argument to win when everyone has an opinion.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 05:01:34 pm by A.Curry »

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2015, 05:02:47 pm »
I haven't seen AOU yet, but if TChalla is alive [ like he is /was in The Ultimates Universe ] then we have a very clear way to keep TChalla consistently in the orbit of The Avengers, grow him as a franchise character, and yet allow him to have solo movies, too. This also brings TChalla back to his original old skool title as PRINCE TChalla, as he was back in the 1960's [ for awhile ].

We also have a way to have Wesley Snipes in BP. As TChaka. He would smash and destroy that role.

But. That would happen only if they plan to reboot Blade [ which I'm sure that they do ].

And it's too much to hope for, but...Michael Jai White as TChaka would be insane, too.

Remember when I told you guys that a throwdown between TChaka and TChalla would be sweet, too? Some years ago? Welllll...

AOU is the same as Avengers 2...unless we misunderstood each other, how can you say you really liked the movie when you haven't seen it?

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 25, 2015, 06:54:01 pm »

Yo.

M' man...

You misunderstood my response.  How I don't know...but I was saying supreme and I will have to disagree....AS YOU AND I DISAGREED ABOUT HUDLIN DIRECTING THE BP FILM, about Avengers 2.

No assumption made...I got your original message loud and clear. You just misunderstood my response.

I totally understand how and why you feel about his directing duties the way you do. ,I'm just saying supreme and I will have to disagree the way YOU AND I DISAGREED.

Here it goes...

I agree that Mr. Hudlin should be assigned to direct The Black Panther movie.

You disagree.

I stated my reasons why this should be. You stated yours.

That's called an argument.

There's no anger or anything like that just because there's a disagreement.
You're still down with HEF.
Baby bubba, we still virtual friends. :)

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 26, 2015, 06:16:32 am »

Yo.

M' man...

Here it goes...

I agree that Mr. Hudlin should be assigned to direct The Black Panther movie.

You disagree.

I stated my reasons why this should be. You stated yours.

That's called an argument.

There's no anger or anything like that just because there's a disagreement.
You're still down with HEF.
Baby bubba, we still virtual friends. :)

Oh, I know...but see an argument usually means someone is trying to "win" something...thus you yourself assuming I was trying to "win" this with your earlier assessment when responding to my post to supreme that you misunderstood.  You did use the word "win" when saying "No one can win arguments by making assumptions..."  A disagreement is less contentious than the word argument, and doesn't imply anyone is trying to "win" anything.  And for my part an assumption was not made nor was I trying to win anything.

But thanks for making me down with HEF.  Do I get a card for that?

Just kidding.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 26, 2015, 07:16:18 am »
Oh, I know...but see an argument usually means someone is trying to...

An argument is 2 or more opposing points of view discussing that their position is  correct. Each side wanting to win their point over the other.  Try observing the 2016 presidential debates to understand what I'm getting at.
Look, I don't wanna get bogged down into semantics 'cause I already made my point.

Yeah...

--- but yours has been revoked.   :-[
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:21:27 pm by Battle »

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2015, 02:35:09 pm »
Oh, I know...but see an argument usually means someone is trying to...

An argument is 2 or more opposing points of view discussing that their position is  correct. Each side wanting to win their point over the other.  Try observing the 2016 presidential debates to understand what I'm getting at.
Look, I don't wanna get bogged down into semantics 'cause I already made my point.

Yeah...

--- but yours has been revoked.   :-[

You revoked my HF card??  You can do that? Lordy...what am I supposed to get my food stamps with now??  Lol...

Anyway, semantics it is, I just think you were coming from a position of trying to be correct when an argument like this can't be "correct" since it's not based on facts but actual opinion and honestly varying tastes.  Even the supposedly factual part about what supposedly makes a movie successful isn't factual since, again, nothing is a sure thing and even movie history has proven that. 

Also, I'm sure you're aware you're not the only one who may be politically astute and listens to NPR and such, so suggesting I need to watch a presidential debate to know what an argument is?  C'mon. 

No need to be insulting.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2015, 03:19:32 pm »
>>>A.Curry

Why don't you try changing the world (like I did), instead of trying to change my mind?

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2015, 10:01:13 pm »
Closer to cinematic reality or cinematic dismissal? You decide.

First Look At Wakanda In Unused Avengers: Age Of Ultron Set Designs

Wakanda, the fictional African nation that Black Panther/T'Challa (Chadwick Boseman) will call home in the MCU, was supposed to appear in Avengers: Age of Ultron, but the scene was deleted.

In Avengers: Age of Ultron, the maniacal robot known as Ultron heads to Africa to score some Vibranium. Originally, Ultron was going to go Wakanda to get the super-strong, precious metal, but instead director Joss Whedon chose to have him purchase it from Ulysses Klaue (Andy Serkis) at South African shipyard.

Unused set designs for a state-of-the-art Wakandan mine in the images below.

For complete details
http://comicbook.com/2015/05/29/first-look-at-wakanda-in-unused-avengers-age-of-ultron-set-desig/

We now return you to the Curry/Battle jousting match.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 10:04:24 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 30, 2015, 12:28:37 am »
Ah! :)

I see what's happening here (although, I would've preferred for this imagery to be revealed in the final cut of The Black Panther movie).

Wakanda exists underground (or at the very least, the mining operation exists underground).

Very clever! :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 05:17:46 am by Battle »

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2015, 02:22:15 am »

AOU is the same as Avengers 2...unless we misunderstood each other, how can you say you really liked the movie when you haven't seen it?

Nah bruh we just got screwed by my laptop, is all. I meant that I would REALLY LIKE TO SEE the AOU Avengers movie. My bad.

I've refrained from watching it online for free, saw some clips from my friends. From what I saw and the reviews that I read? I'm pretty sure that I'll like the movie.

Haven't seen it, though. Will see it soon.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2015, 05:07:28 am »

Nah bruh we just got screwed by my laptop, is all. I meant that I would REALLY LIKE TO SEE the AOU Avengers movie. My bad.

I've refrained from watching it online for free, saw some clips from my friends. From what I saw and the reviews that I read? I'm pretty sure that I'll like the movie.

Haven't seen it, though. Will see it soon.

High on action but low on actual substance.

Yes, it's definitely a movie you'll thoroughly enjoy.