Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MCU - WAKANDA FOREVER - Ture's Review  (Read 1085031 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: The Black Panther Movie!!!
« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2015, 11:47:27 pm »
I haven't seen AOU yet, but if TChalla is alive [ like he is /was in The Ultimates Universe ] then we have a very clear way to keep TChalla consistently in the orbit of The Avengers, grow him as a franchise character, and yet allow him to have solo movies, too. This also brings TChalla back to his original old skool title as PRINCE TChalla, as he was back in the 1960's [ for awhile ].

We also have a way to have Wesley Snipes in BP. As TChaka. He would smash and destroy that role.

But. That would happen only if they plan to reboot Blade [ which I'm sure that they do ].

And it's too much to hope for, but...Michael Jai White as TChaka would be insane, too.

Remember when I told you guys that a throwdown between TChaka and TChalla would be sweet, too? Some years ago? Welllll...

AOU is the same as Avengers 2...unless we misunderstood each other, how can you say you really liked the movie when you haven't seen it?

Nah bruh we just got screwed by my laptop, is all. I meant that I would REALLY LIKE TO SEE the AOU Avengers movie. My bad.

I've refrained from watching it online for free, saw some clips from my friends. From what I saw and the reviews that I read? I'm pretty sure that I'll like the movie.

Haven't seen it, though. Will see it soon.

High on action but low on actual substance.

Yes, it's definitely a movie you'll thoroughly enjoy.

You may be right in your assessment.

Or.

I may see something that you and others missed. And appreciate what you missed. The same way that I was the first and only person to guess on HEF that Hickman was probably not writing a "whodunit" regarding The Incursions, but maybe some kind of "whodunit-horror story-morality play" mashup thing on a multidimensional scale.  And I was right.

So I could see the movie, see stuff you didn't, assess it properly whereas you both missed it and didn't assess it at all. Then I could have the sophistication and maturation of character to appreciate the stuff you missed, and be right about that,too. Again.

For example.

You referred to the high octane action within Avengers. But...do you know that action in and of itself can tell a very powerful story, reveal deep layers of character, of mindset, of spirit, that the written script cannot convey? And if you do know this, do you recognize and truly appreciate the nuances?  If HEF still has even a fourth of the martial artists on deck that we used to have, I am sure that my martial sisters and brothers will cosign this.

I have spent 39 years training in my family's unique Montu [ Afrakan fighting/spiritual/cultural/philosophical/intellectual etc disciplines ] and a plethora of Asian and Oriental fighting styles which all sport Afrakan roots. I see the sophisticated authenticity, character traits, motivations, character development, emotional content, and much more in the action scenes...these kinetic athletic expressions of the soul... immediately and am deeply appreciative of the efforts put forth by the action directors and actors when the story is told well.

Therefore. There could be and almost certainly are several layers of storytelling going on purely within the action that has utterly escaped the attention of your untrained eye.

Example: look at the action shown by Captain America in Captain America: First Avenger and the quantum leap shown in Captain America: Winter Soldier. Cap is literally better now than he was before. He has developed and grown as a character. In CA:FA he fought old skool style. In AVENGERS, his fighting evolved to a more modern style prior to the movie ripping out its action but he developed further as the movie went on. He fought better against the Chitauri en masse than he did when first fought Loki one on one. He had improved. He made tactical adjustments based upon information he didn't have previously in the movie. He also was more resolute in every regard wit hrespect otis fellow Avengers as time went on. As a result, he was more determined for and more confident in victory, and made better decisions in combat at every turn. He also made better assessments of the character quality and content of his fellow Avengers. He made superior mass attack decisions against the Chitauri in Avengers than he did in his first solo, CA:FA. He also adjusted tactically as the fights went on. He stopped with the shield throwing vs Loki. He made a number of style weapon to target and tactical adjustments to the Chitauri as they continued to press their attack. Do you have any idea why he would do such things, why and how these physical actions tie directly into dialogue and character development, pacing, etc in The Avengers?

Such storytelling may not even be a factor in your mind when you're looking for stories. Or. Such storytelling may not be given the significant heft that it should occupy when storytelling and character moments, character development, is the issue.

In stories like The Last Samurai, The Matrix and V for Vendetta,Taken, The Book of Eli, The Bourne Series, Blade, etc. the discerning eye can pick out many emotional and character moments which tie into the story writing itself. Even THE AMAZING SPIDER MAN had several powerful scenes showing nuanced storytelling all via action sequences.

I look forward to enjoying the storytelling in AOU that you didn't even know was there.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:14:14 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 31, 2015, 06:41:36 am »

Nah bruh we just got screwed by my laptop, is all. I meant that I would REALLY LIKE TO SEE the AOU Avengers movie. My bad.

I've refrained from watching it online for free, saw some clips from my friends. From what I saw and the reviews that I read? I'm pretty sure that I'll like the movie.

High on action but low on actual substance.

Yes, it's definitely a movie you'll thoroughly enjoy.

You may be right in your assessment.

Or.

I may see something that you and others missed. And appreciate what you missed. The same way that I was the first and only person to guess on HEF that Hickman was probably not writing a "whodunit" regarding The Incursions, but maybe some kind of "whodunit-horror story-morality play" mashup thing on a multidimensional scale.  And I was right.

So I could see the movie, see stuff you didn't, assess it properly whereas you both missed it and didn't assess it at all. Then I could have the sophistication and maturation of character to appreciate the stuff you missed, and be right about that,too. Again.

For example.

You referred to the high octane action within Avengers. But...do you know that action in and of itself can tell a very powerful story, reveal deep layers of character, of mindset, of spirit, that the written script cannot convey? And if you do know this, do you recognize and truly appreciate the nuances?  If HEF still has even a fourth of the martial artists on deck that we used to have, I am sure that my martial sisters and brothers will cosign this.

I have spent 39 years training in my family's unique Montu [ Afrakan fighting/spiritual/cultural/philosophical/intellectual etc disciplines ] and a plethora of Asian and Oriental fighting styles which all sport Afrakan roots. I see the sophisticated authenticity, character traits, motivations, character development, emotional content, and much more in the action scenes...these kinetic athletic expressions of the soul... immediately and am deeply appreciative of the efforts put forth by the action directors and actors when the story is told well.

Therefore. There could be and almost certainly are several layers of storytelling going on purely within the action that has utterly escaped the attention of your untrained eye.

Example: look at the action shown by Captain America in Captain America: First Avenger and the quantum leap shown in Captain America: Winter Soldier. Cap is literally better now than he was before. He has developed and grown as a character. In CA:FA he fought old skool style. In AVENGERS, his fighting evolved to a more modern style prior to the movie ripping out its action but he developed further as the movie went on. He fought better against the Chitauri en masse than he did when first fought Loki one on one. He had improved. He made tactical adjustments based upon information he didn't have previously in the movie. He also was more resolute in every regard wit hrespect otis fellow Avengers as time went on. As a result, he was more determined for and more confident in victory, and made better decisions in combat at every turn. He also made better assessments of the character quality and content of his fellow Avengers. He made superior mass attack decisions against the Chitauri in Avengers than he did in his first solo, CA:FA. He also adjusted tactically as the fights went on. He stopped with the shield throwing vs Loki. He made a number of style weapon to target and tactical adjustments to the Chitauri as they continued to press their attack. Do you have any idea why he would do such things, why and how these physical actions tie directly into dialogue and character development, pacing, etc in The Avengers?

Such storytelling may not even be a factor in your mind when you're looking for stories. Or. Such storytelling may not be given the significant heft that it should occupy when storytelling and character moments, character development, is the issue.

In stories like The Last Samurai, The Matrix and V for Vendetta,Taken, The Book of Eli, The Bourne Series, Blade, etc. the discerning eye can pick out many emotional and character moments which tie into the story writing itself. Even THE AMAZING SPIDER MAN had several powerful scenes showing nuanced storytelling all via action sequences.

I look forward to enjoying the storytelling in AOU that you didn't even know was there.

Based on the long winded speculative nonsense your given to posting on this forum, you're more likely to draw stuff out of the movie that has no relevance to anything even remotely resembling logic whilst making excuses for a Joss Whedon who did his utmost to deflect criticism for his all white Avengers in the first movie by throwing a few token people of color into A0U who were of zero consequence to the actual movie.

You like empty spectacle so this movie will definitely be up your alley.

Laughing at this dude quoting all these movies at me and pontificating as if he has some higher understanding of story intricacies as if any of that has anything to do with the fact that Joss Whedon is part of a machine that never even considered the Black Panther as a viable option for the Avengers movies until Warner Brothers started talking about a live action Cyborg movie.

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2015, 07:58:53 am »
I haven't seen AOU yet, but if TChalla is alive [ like he is /was in The Ultimates Universe ] then we have a very clear way to keep TChalla consistently in the orbit of The Avengers, grow him as a franchise character, and yet allow him to have solo movies, too. This also brings TChalla back to his original old skool title as PRINCE TChalla, as he was back in the 1960's [ for awhile ].

We also have a way to have Wesley Snipes in BP. As TChaka. He would smash and destroy that role.

But. That would happen only if they plan to reboot Blade [ which I'm sure that they do ].

And it's too much to hope for, but...Michael Jai White as TChaka would be insane, too.

Remember when I told you guys that a throwdown between TChaka and TChalla would be sweet, too? Some years ago? Welllll...

AOU is the same as Avengers 2...unless we misunderstood each other, how can you say you really liked the movie when you haven't seen it?

I don't know...will have to agree with Salustrade that it's a lot of action but low on substance...along with some rather silly and hurried sub-plots and Ultron being wasted and made to joke and be too emotional, which he isn't.  The reviews I've read have been putting it down.  Whedon probably wanted to be done with the franchise and it showed. 

Not to mention he kind of robbed the panther mythos of an important occurrence in T'Challa's origin which you may realize once you see the film.

It made money though (though not as much as expected I think) but goes to show what I was saying from my earlier conversation that not even the supposed best planned movies with the supposed best choice for director and all are a sure thing, especially if you're judging it from more than just how much money it makes.  Artistic criticism, merit, and relevancy counts for something or Kanye West wouldn't be losing his damn mind all the time.

I also agree that Whedon threw in a lot of the supporting black characters from the seperate franchises all of a sudden for some reason...though the small doses of the Panther's story coming on was cool.

Got you on the mistake before, it seems that there was quite a bit of misunderstanding going on...lol.

When you finally see it, look forward to your assessment though I will be surprised if you actually like it.  However I must say I'm also surprised at your defenses of Hickman's handling of Panther and his New Avengers arc altogether...I gave up on it long ago and from what I've seen I haven't missed much of anything and think he really crippled T'Challa unnecessarily.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:20:33 am by A.Curry »

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 31, 2015, 02:40:40 pm »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 04, 2015, 04:01:04 pm »
Read an interesting comment on another board.   We know that BP is the first Black hero in Marvel, but to the general populace,  Storm, War-Machine, Falcon, and now even Johnny Storm come before Black Panther.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #185 on: June 11, 2015, 08:46:50 am »
New CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Details On 'Black Panther

JoBlo has posted another crop of details about Captain America: Civil War. This time it's less about the plot and more about the characters - or more specifically, what new costumes and gadgets they'll be utilizing in the movie. That said there is also some new story info, so if you don't want to be SPOILED on that front, best read no further.

We'll start with Black Panther. According to the site, T'Challa will actually side with Tony Stark initially, though his loyalties may shift as the story progresses. This obviously places him in direct conflict with Captain America, and the two ultimately come to blows. As expected, Panther's costume is "shrouded in Vibranium", and during his battle with Rogers we'll see him "scratching Cap's shield easily and his prowess will prove to be a viable threat." We can also expect to see a "sleek Panther jet of some type," which apparently looks very "Stark-like."

And finally the Falcon will be getting a few additions such as wrist lasers, grappling hooks, and... Redwing (a robotic drone ).

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=121573
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2015, 10:40:49 am »
It's official.

Ava Duvernay is directing Black Panther.  I don't know how to do links on here, but Google " Ava Duvernay, Black Panther" or " marvel" and it will come up.  News just broke.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2015, 11:04:04 am »

Still a win 'cause I understand why Ms. Duvernay is assigned to the project.

I am confident that Ms. Duvernay will bring an interesting perspective to the character and usher in a new generation of fans of The Black Panther.  :)

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2015, 12:23:56 pm »

Still a win 'cause I understand why Ms. Duvernay is assigned to the project.

I am confident that Ms. Duvernay will bring an interesting perspective to the character and usher in a new generation of fans of The Black Panther.  :)

Glad you approve!

Offline Princesa

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2015, 12:32:16 pm »
I've not posted in a long time but this news of Ava thrills me. No one I trust or respect more.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 22, 2015, 01:04:38 pm »
Glad you approve!

Of course, I do!  :)

As I've written before, I understand why Ms. Duvernay was considered. 

Many people believed Tim Story wasn't the right choice on 'Fantastic Four' but he proved the naysayers wrong. I was one of those naysayers.

Why?

Because of 'Barbershop', and to this day, I still would not watch that movie...
---even if you paid me!  :)

I can watch 'Taxi' over and over again 'cause it was brilliant and 'Fantastic Four' and 'Rise of the Silver Surfer'...? 
...was a dream come true. I can literally watch all three movies over and over again as I always see something different.

Let's hope Ms. Duvernay knock it out the park with 'the Black Panther' 

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 28, 2015, 07:56:15 pm »
No she is not. Getting information from random click bait sites don't count.

Yes. I hope I get the call to direct the motion picture about a black superhero I admire. Her name is @BreeNewsome. pic.twitter.com/BgMeaNsbYk

Kevin Feige
“We’ve met with her for sure. We’ve met with a number of people for a number of movies. She has been one of them.”

Seriously all of these pages of nothing more than speculation for a film that wont come out for 3 years.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2015, 01:23:15 am »

So, A. Curry is nothing but a online rumor mongerer?   ;D

Some people will do or say anything to win a argument against me, bruh! :D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 07:27:57 am by Battle »

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2015, 12:45:27 pm »

So, A. Curry is nothing but a online rumor mongerer?   ;D

Some people will do or say anything to win a argument against me, bruh! :D

Dude, are you really this petty or just joking?   Don't tell me you're still butt hurt over a simple disagreement (not argument) we had weeks ago.  No one was trying to "win" anything but you, I said that before.

And when did I ever argue or even say during that first disagreement that Ava was definitely directing?  That wasn't even the discussion!!   I simply stated my opinion why she would be a good choice and better to me than Hudlin.

Anyway, It's all over the Internet on various sites...heck Vanity Fair said it and several friends made me aware of it...how was anyone supposed to know it was a rumor?  Everyone online has been praising the decision and thinks it's definite.

It's pretty likely she's going to anyway since she's def been approached about it and the online hype over it shows a positive reaction.  Can't imagine she'd turn down an opportunity like this....
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 12:47:02 pm by A.Curry »

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2015, 12:52:00 pm »
And the Bree Newsome quote was just her showing her support for a black girl brave enough to take down the confederate flag...nothing in that says she's doing or not doing Panther, but the Kevin Feige quote I've seen and concur that it looks like a rumor.  But still seems very likely.

In any case, apologies if I misled anyone.