Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MCU - WAKANDA FOREVER - Ture's Review  (Read 1085126 times)

Online supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: The Black Panther Movie!!!
« Reply #270 on: December 09, 2015, 02:52:52 pm »
Thinking about Secret Wars again.

Y'know...God Doom saved the MULTIVERSE with his power. Which he stole from The Beyonders. I just don't see how even The Infinity Gauntlet and/or Thanos or all the powers of the rank and file combined superheroes can equal The Beyonders.

So I thin kthat hte heroes will fail to beat Doom in a direct powers vs powers battle. However. They may have the power to make the current civilization of Battleworld perish. And the ramifications of this could be far more profoundly personal for Doom than we may think.

Now...I may be wrong here, but...Doom usurped Reed's position as head of the Richards family, right? There are many issues from that act that play into his whole God Doom role.

And didn't Strnge say that Doom WAS VERY GOOD at being God Doom?

So. What if Doom loses because he realizes that when he is at his best...he still isn't as good and flawless etc as he thinks he should be? What if the way to "beat" Doom is the way that the 616 heroes used to "beat" Thanos? That is...get Thanos to beat himself?

What if that's the way? I mean I know and we know that the support of Molecule Man has to be withdrawn from Doom, but...how does THAT happen?

And what if Thanos...whose pretty smart [ actually a megagenius ]...figures out the Molecule Man angle and instead of fighting the heroes or Doom, he goes after Owen Reece? I think that this is plausible because I am convinced that Doom would kill the crap out of Thanos if they fought. And I think Thanos is smart enough to know this, and won't fight Doom [ unless his ego gets in the way ].

And another thing.

What if TChalla KEPT the Infinity Gauntlet? Could be purrty darn useful in The Ultimates. Wouldn't you think?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 09, 2015, 06:28:43 pm »

Y'know...God Doom saved the MULTIVERSE with his power. Which he stole from The Beyonders. I just don't see how even The Infinity Gauntlet and/or Thanos or all the powers of the rank and file combined superheroes can equal The Beyonders.

So I thin kthat hte heroes will fail to beat Doom in a direct powers vs powers battle. However. They may have the power to make the current civilization of Battleworld perish. And the ramifications of this could be far more profoundly personal for Doom than we may think.

Now...I may be wrong here, but...Doom usurped Reed's position as head of the Richards family, right? There are many issues from that act that play into his whole God Doom role.

So. What if Doom loses because he realizes that when he is at his best...he still isn't as good and flawless etc as he thinks he should be? What if the way to "beat" Doom is the way that the 616 heroes used to "beat" Thanos? That is...get Thanos to beat himself?

What if that's the way? I mean I know and we know that the support of Molecule Man has to be withdrawn from Doom, but...how does THAT happen?

And what if Thanos...whose pretty smart [ actually a megagenius ]...figures out the Molecule Man angle and instead of fighting the heroes or Doom, he goes after Owen Reece? I think that this is plausible because I am convinced that Doom would kill the crap out of Thanos if they fought. And I think Thanos is smart enough to know this, and won't fight Doom [ unless his ego gets in the way ].

And another thing.

What if TChalla KEPT the Infinity Gauntlet? Could be purrty darn useful in The Ultimates. Wouldn't you think?

Doom doesn't need Thanos status. Which ibdobt think will be the case after reading sw8. There is ALOT if buolfnuo just for it to be wasted and us starting to come off as an underwhelming climax. With the end coming up in the next issue. Hopefully bp fans are not disappointed (which right now expectations are low) I need to get my hands on Ultimates though because what I have heard BP just got some baller feats added to his list

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #272 on: December 12, 2015, 06:56:51 pm »
'Creed' Director Ryan Coogler in Talks to Direct Marvel's 'Black Panther'

Black Panther concept art (Disney/Marvel)

by Borys Kit, Rebecca Ford

Ryan Coogler, the director who is coming off of the surprisingly strong opening of Creed, is in negotiations to direct Black Panther, Marvel Studios’ movie featuring the first black superhero.

The move puts the on-off dance the studio and the filmmaker have been minueting back in sympatico. Coogler had met with the studio earlier in the fall but talks cooled. Now, with the afterglow of Creed’s success, negotiations are back on.

Coogler’s latest film, starring Michael B. Jordan as Apollo Creed’s son Adonis, earned strong reviews and a big $29.6 million in its debut.

Coogler first made a name for himself with 2013’s Fruitvale Station, which stars Jordan as Oscar Grant, a Bay Area resident who, unarmed and handcuffed, was fatally shot by BART Police officer.

He’s quickly becoming one of Hollywood’s hottest young directors after catching everyone’s eye with Fruitvale and then pulling off Creed, a Rocky movie for whom many had low expectations.

Now it looks like he’s taking a bigger step with a studio superhero film.

Coogler is repped by WME.

Birthmoviesdeath.com first reported the news of Coogler being back in talks for Panther.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 14, 2015, 02:06:56 pm »

And another thing.

Doom doesn't need Thanos status. Which ibdobt think will be the case after reading sw8. There is ALOT if buolfnuo just for it to be wasted and us starting to come off as an underwhelming climax. With the end coming up in the next issue. Hopefully bp fans are not disappointed (which right now expectations are low) I need to get my hands on Ultimates though because what I have heard BP just got some baller feats added to his list

I agree with most of the above. I don't think Doom needs Thanos status...as my understanding is that Thanos' status as nigh unbeatable by all save himself is permanent. Whereas Doom's God Doom status will be gone in a month.

I mean that while God Doom IS God Doom, he is for the most part unbeatable by anyone who isn't Molecule Man or himself. There is no power or agency that the heroes can marshall in and of themselves...even with The Infinity Gauntlet...that can beat him. Therefore? The heroes must "go beyond themselves" [ quoting Hickman ] yet again to score the beyond impossible victory.

The series DOES feel rushed at the end. I still think that a writer like Hickman does best with a 12 issue maxiseries as a "miniseries" for him. SW should have been twelve issues.

Regarding The Ultimates? Man. You're gonna love it. I have both issues, and at the end of #2? Al Ewing basically says that whatever we think is big? Ultimates is gonna be bigger than that.  BP is killiin it...and I hope [ I NEED ] at some point [SOON ] to see Shuri. If not in The Ultimates, then in BP's solo.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 14, 2015, 02:21:42 pm »

And another thing.

I agree with most of the above. I don't think Doom needs Thanos status...as my understanding is that Thanos' status as nigh unbeatable by all save himself is permanent. Whereas Doom's God Doom status will be gone in a month.

I mean that while God Doom IS God Doom, he is for the most part unbeatable by anyone who isn't Molecule Man or himself. There is no power or agency that the heroes can marshall in and of themselves...even with The Infinity Gauntlet...that can beat him. Therefore? The heroes must "go beyond themselves" [ quoting Hickman ] yet again to score the beyond impossible victory.

The series DOES feel rushed at the end. I still think that a writer like Hickman does best with a 12 issue maxiseries as a "miniseries" for him. SW should have been twelve issues.

Regarding The Ultimates? Man. You're gonna love it. I have both issues, and at the end of #2? Al Ewing basically says that whatever we think is big? Ultimates is gonna be bigger than that.  BP is killiin it...and I hope [ I NEED ] at some point [SOON ] to see Shuri. If not in The Ultimates, then in BP's solo.

Your a little late ont he party as i did get my hands on the Ultimate's and that is how you handle T'challa. Alot of cool things were mentioned Aneka (younger version) shout out to Wakandan design group, Shadow Physics, Possible separation of T'Challa from T'Chaka (Though i would of preferred them to mend the relationship Hickman so carelessly destroyed to forward his story) and having him move out of the long shadow cast. Kimoyo Updated (BADASS he needs to use this somehow in cosmic fights for knocking heads) and the best is outsmarting Galactus... All of this great stuff done in 2 issues. That is how you redeem T'Challa and make fans crave more of what you have in store for them as a writer.   

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 21, 2015, 09:10:37 am »
The Black Panther movie has a screenwriter and may finally have a director. Now, onto the supporting cast (which may be the most difficult task since BP's supporting cast changes with each series).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:38:52 am by JRCarter »

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 21, 2015, 01:31:36 pm »
The Black Panther movie has a screenwriter and may finally have a director. Now, onto the supporting cast (which may be the most difficult task since BP's supporting cast changes with each series).

Coogler I am hoping your talking about? I really am excited on who they will have as the supporting cast. They have already changed somethings on Klaw for instance so maybe they are gonna run with Hudlin's Retcon, which is good  because we might get Shuri atleast

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 29, 2015, 08:26:21 pm »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 30, 2015, 08:25:34 am »

Word I was checkin this out when it first came out. Wonder how this works out? If TChalla has the jump on Steve, there is no way that Steve can run him down. In a straight foot race, TChalla is faster than Steve anyway.In fact, I've seen instances wherein TChalla...on his own accord...went from standing perfectly still to accelerating beyond 60 mph with no help benefits etc., whereas Steve's TOP speed is 60 mph. TChalla moved so quickly that he seemed to vanish to the eyes of the Wakandan special forces trying to apprehend him.

But...this movie TChalla is not our current 616 established TChalla. He's still a PRINCE in Wakanda, and he isn't widely considered to be in the Top Three brains in MU...even though "officially" he's "only" the 8th smartest person in MU. And T'Chaka is still alive. T'Chaka and Wakanda [ where is SHURI? please let Shuri, S'Yan,  be there...revealed in his solo movies ] should have a major impact on TChalla ,the way that Odin and Asgard does on Thor.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 30, 2015, 09:13:29 am »
Also think movie Cap runs much faster than comic Cap.  I don't think I ever seen Cap run like that in Comics.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #280 on: December 30, 2015, 05:48:25 pm »
Kevin Feige updates on the Marvel Phase Three films

The stage is set and the pieces are in place for the next collection of Marvel Studios movies within the Marvel Cinematic Universe and they’re prepared to hit the ground running with Captain America: Civil War this May, but after that come even more offerings with new corners of the world, and galaxy, set to be explored. Speaking with Empire (via CBM), Marvel Studios president and producer extraordinaire Kevin Feige opened up about the phase three films.

First up is Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and the different versions of the team from the source material.

“There’ve been many different incarnations of the Guardians over the years in the comics and we’ll catch a glimpse of additions over the course of the movie.”

On Thanos and his presence, or lack thereof, in the “Guardians” sequel, Feige said.

“I wouldn’t look too hard in that movie for Thanos. The next time we see Thanos he will not be messing around. It will be, ‘Oh, that’s why they’ve been teasing this villain for five years!”

On the size of the upcoming Spider-Man movie, which has been teased as being “smaller” for some time.

“Smaller scale is all relative….It’s going to be as big and spectacular a Spider-Man film as has ever been made. But it’s a Peter Parker story and has more opportunity to be focused on the story of a 15-year-old kid going to high school.”

Regarding Thor: Ragnarok, Feige said that fans shouldn’t take that title to be a literal adaptation of the Norse apocalypse and that as fans have desired for so long, there will be very little Earth.

“I don’t think people will read into that title alone [regarding] what the movie’s going to be. It’s going to be, perhaps, as totally different from the two prior Thor movies as Winter Soldier was from the first Captain America. We want to take it to new places, we’ve got new characters that will show how big we’re swinging on this. And we have a Hulk… The film takes place within the cosmos primarily, which is to say, frankly, very little Earth.”

Finally, Feige spoke about Black Panther, which will star Chadwick Boseman in the title role and feature a “primarily African-American cast,” and have a connection to Avengers: Infinity War.

“This one is important,” Feige said. “It’s a big geo-political action adventure that focuses on the family and royal struggle of T’Challa in Wakanda, and what is means to be a king. T’Challa’s story is very important to us as it links to the next Avengers films, which is why we brought it forward.”

Marvel’s Phase Three currently includes Captain America: Civil War on May 6, 2016, Doctor Strange on November 4, 2016, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on May 5, 2017, their Untitled Spider-Man Film on July 28, 2017, Thor: Ragnarok on November 3, 2017, Black Panther on February 6, 2018, Avengers: Infinity War Part I on May 4, 2018, Ant-Man and The Wasp on July 6, 2018, Captain Marvel on March 8, 2019, Avengers: Infinity War Part II on May 3, 2019, and Inhumans on July 12, 2019, with three untitled Marvel Studios films set to premiere on May 1, 2020, July 10, 2020, and November 6, 2020.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/643949-kevin-feige-offers-a-marvel-phase-three-update-talks-thanos-black-panther-and-more#p41bwSTuM5zQiUu8.99

The Black Panther looks great!
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #281 on: December 30, 2015, 05:56:26 pm »

"T'Challa's story is very important to us," explains the Marvel Studios president.

Its release remains more than two years away, but fans of Marvel's Cinematic Universe already have reason to get excited about the studio's Black Panther movie, which will apparently prove pivotal for the larger mythology of the Avengers.

"This one is important," Feige told Empire Magazine in its 2016 preview issue. "Not only do you get an unbelievable lead character, but you also get all of [fictional African nation] Wakanda which is a whole new setting and culture to explore."

While the plot of Black Panther remains under wraps, Feige said that the movie will be "a big geopolitical action adventure that focuses on the family and royal struggle of T'Challa in Wakanda, and what it means to be a king." T'Challa, played by Chadwick Boseman, is the Black Panther's real name, with the "Black Panther" identity being a hereditary one passed from Wakandan ruler to Wakandan ruler.

More importantly for Marvel Cinematic Universe fans, however, is Feige's tease that "T'Challa's story is very important to us as it links to the next Avengers films, which is why we brought it forward."

Originally scheduled for November 2017, the movie has been rescheduled twice: initially to July 6, 2018, and then to Feb. 16, 2018. Avengers: Infinity War – Part 1 is scheduled to be released May 4, 2018.

How Black Panther will lead into Avengers is likely to remain a mystery until 2018, but it should be noted that a number of Infinity Stones remain undiscovered ahead of the announced "Infinity War." Could Black Panther's exploration of Wakanda include the discovery of one of the remaining stones? As all the best superhero stories would put it, to be continued ...
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-black-panther-will-set-851523
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:17:11 pm by Ture »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 30, 2015, 08:24:44 pm »
Also think movie Cap runs much faster than comic Cap.  I don't think I ever seen Cap run like that in Comics.

Very good point. I mean...TChalla ran down Sabertooth. Isn't Sabertooth possessed of SUPERHUMAN speed?

And here's that scan showing how TChalla flat out vanished on the Wakandan security forces and the Council, due to sheer speed. And this is WITHOUT the favor of TPG...in fact, with TPG operating AGAINST him.

I mean...I showed this before, but...TChalla's reflexes are on par with or quicker than Spider-Man's. To be fair? Cap has clocked Spidey too, but not when Spidey is in full on Spidey Speed mode. Here is the difference:

Cap vs Spidey

In this fight during the first Civil War, Steve was handling S;pidey for real until Spidey came back and fought Steve "man...to Spider-Man".

T'Challa vs Spidey...in this conflict, Spidey definitely didn't get a chnce to vn the score up and unike with Spidey vs Cap...TChalla pretty much ended any hope of a competitive fight

« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 09:03:48 pm by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #283 on: December 31, 2015, 03:22:43 pm »
Black Panther will feature majority black cast, is crucial to Avengers: Infinity War
The king of Wakanda has a big role to play.

Black Panther will be one of the last superheroes in the new wave of characters to get his own stand-alone film, but Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige says he's incredibly "important" to the future of the Cinematic Universe.

In an interview with Empire Magazine, Feige said that the main reason they decided to bring the story of Black Panther forward was because of how influential his character would be on the upcoming Avengers films, Infinity War — Part 1 and Infinity War — Part 2.

The executive also added that Black Panther would be the first Marvel film to feature a majority black cast. Feige touched upon bringing director Ryan Coogler (Creed) onboard and what that means for the film. He said that it was important they remained faithful to the comic and the character's origins.

"This one is important," Feige said. "Not only do you get an unbelievable lead character, but you also get all of Wakanda which is a whole new setting and culture to explore."

When it came to the character's placement in the Marvel Universe, Feige wouldn't offer any more information on just how Black Panther's storyline would affect the Avengers, but did provide a more in-depth look at what the character's solo movie will include.

"The movie is a big geopolitical action adventure that focuses on the family and royal struggle of T'Challa in Wakanda and what it means to be a king," Feige said.

Again, while Feige wouldn't say how Black Panther's storyline would be included in the Avengers films, having Wakanda as a new setting for the heroes to explore is interesting. Black Panther is the last film part of Marvel's Phase Three before Infinity War, which means that all of the Infinity Stones have to be found before the film is released.

Could the final Infinity Stone be found on the ancient planet where Black Panther reigns as king? It's definitely a possibility.

Black Panther's release date has been pushed back multiple times, and the film has suffered through casting changes and directors dropping out. Now, the film is scheduled to be released on Feb. 16, 2018, but it was originally supposed to be released in November 2017. The Avengers: Infinity War — Part 1 will hit theaters three months later on May 4, 2018.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/31/10694998/black-panther-will-be-crucial-to-avengers-infinity-war

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #284 on: January 10, 2016, 08:01:02 pm »
Captain America: Civil War Directors Confirm Wakanda Scenes

During their panel at Wizard World New Orleans, Captain America: Civil War directors Joe and Anthony Russo were asked by a fan whether we would have scenes at Wakanda in the film. There was concern that Wakanda might not be introduced until Black Panther's February 16, 2018 solo film.  However, we received confirmation of Marvel Comics' fictitious country in the film in a very humorous way.

Initially Anthony Russo told fans that they were not going to confirm any details about the film and that fans should rest assured that Black Panther has a big part to play in the film and has an "amazing arc".  However, in a bit of good-natured brotherly ribbing, Joe Russo jumped in to explain that Anthony's evasiveness typically means the answer is yes.  Joe explained, if the answer was no, then Anthony would've just said no. "If you're going to see Wakanda, we go, 'Listen, we can't tell you whether or not you're going to see Wakanda.'  [So]You're probably going to see Wakanda."

Captain America: Civil War arrives in theaters on May 06, 2016.