Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MCU - WAKANDA FOREVER - Ture's Review  (Read 1090308 times)

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie!!!
« Reply #450 on: December 31, 2016, 07:25:51 am »
Well the water explains why it was so darn misty in the Wakanda sneak peak. But...."Why's there so much water, period?"

I wish more writers would bring back/stick to the surrounding Techno-jungle. It was always such a cool concept.

eh... its in a jungle/rain forest type place. humidity gonna be on point no?

Incidentally, there are very FEW actual jungles in Africa. It's mostly plains and deserts. While there are a few lush ones, in places like DRC, foggy jungles like what was shown in Civil War and the concept art are more of an inland South American thing.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 31, 2016, 09:39:59 am »
Well the water explains why it was so darn misty in the Wakanda sneak peak. But...."Why's there so much water, period?"

I wish more writers would bring back/stick to the surrounding Techno-jungle. It was always such a cool concept.

Agreed. And give Wakanda some scale. Show it as having hundreds of miles in land coverage and with a population of tens of millions.

Well, it depends which version of Wakanda we are going for.  Some versions are that it's a hidden nation; hard to do that if you're huge.  Even the purely isolationist versions work better with a smaller land area nation since it is often depicted of being surrounded by other nations on all sides.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 31, 2016, 09:52:06 am »

Agreed. And give Wakanda some scale. Show it as having hundreds of miles in land coverage and with a population of tens of millions.

Well, it depends which version of Wakanda we are going for.  Some versions are that it's a hidden nation; hard to do that if you're huge.  Even the purely isolationist versions work better with a smaller land area nation since it is often depicted of being surrounded by other nations on all sides.

Well isn't Wakanda the size of new jersey? I heard that somewhere

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #453 on: December 31, 2016, 09:56:21 am »

We're talking Afro Futurism here Kip. We got refraction technology, deflector shields, crypt optics (dig in your BP comic box for that one), mystical dimensional shifting. Let'ssee some imagination here.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: December 31, 2016, 10:11:45 am »

We're talking Afro Futurism here Kip. We got refraction technology, deflector shields, crypt optics (dig in your BP comic box for that one), mystical dimensional shifting. Let'ssee some imagination here.

Today it is, but remember it's 10,000 years old.  Could they have maintained huge boarders in the time of Alexander the Great or even further back.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #455 on: December 31, 2016, 02:55:36 pm »

Today it is, but remember it's 10,000 years old.  Could they have maintained huge boarders in the time of Alexander the Great or even further back.

Yes they could Kip.Wouldn't be great to see how they did it? Especially on the big screen.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #456 on: December 31, 2016, 03:02:11 pm »
According to imdb filming will also take place here. Iguazu Falls in Argentina

CBR's Dboi654
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/...f_=ttspec_ql_6

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #457 on: December 31, 2016, 03:05:37 pm »
A couple more pics of concept art.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 03, 2017, 09:41:48 am »
My fellow blerds, since filming starts this month I would need for ALL of you to not post any leaks. I know I am asking much but lets chill on that. (I know it won't happen but dammit at least try)

LOL
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 03, 2017, 11:33:53 am »
Likely impossible lol, but st the very least they can probably put up spoiler tags

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #460 on: January 03, 2017, 11:51:36 am »
spoiler tags may help but yeah, ur doomed. internet is heartless lol

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 05, 2017, 01:12:53 pm »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #462 on: January 08, 2017, 02:56:00 pm »

Thanks to sources in the production we're hearing that Black Panther's full production dates are January 15 - May 15. Itís been nearly two years since production began on Marvelís Black Panther and now the movie is finally set to begin principal filming next month. According to various sources, Black Panther will start production in Atlanta, GA on January 15, 2017 and will use Pinewood Atlanta Studios as its home base while filming in Georgia.

courtesy of CBR's Dboi654

Notice there is a "Young T'Chaka" being played by the son of the actor that played mature T'Chaka in Civil War.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 15, 2017, 11:29:09 am »
Black Panther to Include TíChalla Attending American School in Flashbacks

http://screenrant.com/black-panther-tchalla-america-90s-flashback/

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #464 on: January 16, 2017, 04:00:15 am »
Black Panther to Include TíChalla Attending American School in Flashbacks

http://screenrant.com/black-panther-tchalla-america-90s-flashback/

Interesting. Why the Bay Area?  Hints of Fruitvale Station?  T'challa's first taste of American racial issues?  We'll see.
I hope for a trailer by late summer.  And some more casting surprises.

A great score and a separate songs soundtrack is needed; multiple genres welcome.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 04:03:04 am by Hypestyle »
Be Kind to Someone Today.