Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MCU - WAKANDA FOREVER - Ture's Review  (Read 1090258 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa???
« Reply #525 on: May 02, 2017, 02:03:21 pm »
Cobb student with brain tumor gets visit from ‘Black Panther’ star
Ben Brasch  The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
12:42 p.m Monday, May 1, 2017

Chadwick Boseman, star of the upcoming "Black Panther" Marvel movie franchise, made a surprise visit to a Cobb County student-fan. Left to right: teacher Alisha Smith, student Ian Hopgood, Boseman and paraprofessional Kendrick Love.

“The coolest day ever!”

That’s how nine-year-old Ian Hopgood described Friday after the surprise visit by his favorite actor Chadwick Boseman, according to Cobb schools.

Boseman is the star of the first solo “Black Panther” movie, which is being filmed in Atlanta, more than 50 years after the African superhero hit the pages of Marvel and become a member of The Avengers franchise.

“I just want to hug you for now,” Ian told Boseman upon seeing him at The HAVEN Academy at Sky View.

Then Ian moved onto more pressing matters: “Can you give me some plot details on the upcoming ‘Black Panther’ movie? I love you.” Ian was diagnosed in October with a brain tumor on the back of his head. The tumor has affected his vision, speech and mobility.

Boseman — who played James Brown during the “Get On Up” biopic and Jackie Robinson in the film “42” — signed several Black Panther gifts and action figures for Ian.

“I was left speechless,” Ian’s mother Kara Anderson told the school system. “There are no words to describe his generosity ... This is a lasting experience that Ian will use to get him through upcoming challenges.” The district said Ian and his mother will move to Seattle before the end of the school year where a grandmother and uncle will support them while going to a nearby children’s hospital. A GoFundMe campaign has been started to help with Ian’s care.

Ian’s teacher Alisha Smith and a paraprofessional, Kendrick Love, helped the Black Panther stalk his prey before striking. Boseman chilled with Ian along with students and staff for more than 90 minutes.
It makes sense that the Black Panther would be comfortable in a school, considering the character was a part-time school teacher at one point.

The movie’s director is Ryan Coogler and features a cast including “Creed” star Michael B. Jordan, Forest Whitaker, Lupita Nyong’o, “The Walking Dead” cast member Danai Gurira, Daniel Kaluuya, Winston Duke and Florence Kasumba. The film is due out in February 2018.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/cobb-student-with-brain-tumor-gets-visit-from-black-panther-star/LZwUYbhJLHefYtImvlNLoK/
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Online Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 02, 2017, 02:19:08 pm »
Saw a video about it on YouTube.. really cool of Boseman to do that.

Hail to the King

Offline Chesterfield

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 03, 2017, 11:22:54 pm »
Chadwick Boseman‏Verified account @chadwickboseman 

“The purpose of training is to... toughen the body, & polish the spirit.” - Ueshiba #blackpanther #bts
https://twitter.com/chadwickboseman/status/859942359760547841

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #528 on: May 06, 2017, 09:40:05 pm »
VISIT MYSTERIOUS WAKANDA
An Experience Unlike Any Other!

#NoPassportRequired
#BPSoLIT #PSJV

Some Black Panther enthusiasts are really enjoying themselves. More pictures here.
https://welcome2wakandablog.wordpress.com/2016/09/26/visit-mysterious-wakanda-an-experience-unlikeany-other-nopassportrequired-2018-bpsolit-psjv/

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 08, 2017, 06:01:03 am »
Since the film is coming out in less than a year. The first trailer should be out just in time for Comic-con. So get ready folks
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #530 on: May 08, 2017, 06:08:07 am »
Since the film is coming out in less than a year. The first trailer should be out just in time for Comic-con. So get ready folks

it'll be around the end of july

homecoming, d23, and comicon are like back to back to back.

So, likely tease at the first one (can't rmeember if d23 or comiccon is first) then full trailer at the second one

Offline Chesterfield

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 08, 2017, 09:59:17 am »
D23 is before comic con.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #532 on: May 16, 2017, 08:24:37 am »
Avengers: Infinity War Casting Call Hints at Black Panther Connection
By Cooper Hood

Chadwick Boseman will lead his own solo franchise starting next year, but a connection to Black Panther and Wakanda appears to have been revealed for Avengers: Infinity War. Boseman previously debuted the current Wakandan king in Captain America: Civil War, and it will be his solo film that is the final MCU installment before the mega team-up. To this point, there has yet to be any indication that Black Panther will heavily set up Infinity War, but that does not mean that the timing isn’t perfect for the projects to connect in some way.

Backstage has revealed a casting call for stand-in roles on Infinity War. The listings are for a female with a dark complexion between the ages of 20-49 with a shaved head, as well as for multiple African-American males between the ages of 21-49. With Black Panther recently wrapping, this may be evidence of Wakanda and Black Panther on the Infinity War set.

The female description could be a match for Danai Gurira’s Okoye, but could also be for a variety of different actresses. The looks for Lupita Nyong’o’s Nakia or Letitia Wright’s Shuri have not yet been made public and the age description does not help narrow a search. In either instance, this casting call confirms that audiences will see much more of Wakanda shortly after Black Panther ends. As for who this stand-in will be for, it may only be future set photos or celebrity sightings that indicate the other cast members who will be joining Infinity War.

One of the male stand-in roles is surely for T’Challa, but with multiple roles being requested, it could point to other Black Panther cast members also appearing. Will Erik Killmonger turn good and allow Michael B. Jordan to reprise his role? Or, could this call be for Sterling K. Brown or Daniel Kaluuya? These are all options, but so is the possibility the other stand-in roles are just for background actors and extras. Again, it will be up to future reports to reveal who exactly will feature in these scenes.

With Black Panther’s world set to be integrated into Infinity War, it shows just how massive this film will be. Earth as a whole will already be at stake, and with Asgard, the rest of the cosmos, and now Wakanda at the Russo brothers’ disposal, there will be hardly any time to rest during the film’s runtime.

http://screenrant.com/avengers-infinity-war-black-panther-casting/

Offline Chesterfield

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 16, 2017, 07:02:51 pm »
Video of Angela Bassett on working on BP and working with Coogler

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdwinCaban/status/864462376183222272/video/1

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #534 on: May 17, 2017, 04:49:55 am »
Wakanda

Infinity War

Thanos

Black Order

awww lawd. RIP 15,000 Wakandan red shirts. Hopefully your sacrifice to Bast and the Orishas will get me Black Dwarf vs BP on the big screen in all its glory

Offline Chesterfield

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 17, 2017, 10:34:49 am »
Amen to that!

Online Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 17, 2017, 10:54:58 am »
Wakanda

Infinity War

Thanos

Black Order

awww lawd. RIP 15,000 Wakandan red shirts. Hopefully your sacrifice to Bast and the Orishas will get me Black Dwarf vs BP on the big screen in all its glory

MoS... So Savage.. I would hope that Wakanda wont be destroyed when Thanos Comes. I mean i could see that happening because you know.. But I hope the MCU atleast has the decency to respect Wakanda enough to not let them get destroyed.. But I do want to see that fight

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #537 on: May 17, 2017, 12:36:26 pm »
Wakanda

Infinity War

Thanos

Black Order

MoS... So Savage.. I would hope that Wakanda wont be destroyed when Thanos Comes. I mean i could see that happening because you know.. But I hope the MCU atleast has the decency to respect Wakanda enough to not let them get destroyed.. But I do want to see that fight

As long as they are not "conquered" then its all good for me.

Destroy some buildings, kill 15K red shirts, maybe a supporting cast member

whatever, that will be rebuilt between movies.

BP vs BD will live foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 17, 2017, 02:49:37 pm »
Wakanda

Infinity War

Thanos

Black Order

I heard the Black Order will be in IW movies so it's possible BD will fight BP, but let's face it, visually it will be BD vs the Hulk.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #539 on: May 17, 2017, 02:51:54 pm »

I heard the Black Order will be in IW movies so it's possible BD will fight BP, but let's face it, visually it will be BD vs the Hulk.