Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MCU - WAKANDA FOREVER - Ture's Review  (Read 1085092 times)

Offline Chesterfield

• View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa???
« Reply #570 on: June 07, 2017, 05:17:21 pm »

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 07, 2017, 06:13:44 pm »
Letitia Wright talks about her role in Black Panther: http://www.interviewmagazine.com/film/letitia-wright#_

I posed this question some months ago in CBR:

What happens when MCU Shuri is introduced as this youthful sassy energetic young girl that captures the hearts of audiences in the same way that Ms Marvel and revamped Batgirl had, as a complete contrast to this always so serious, "pragmatic" T'Challa clone in the comics? 

Wouldn't that be exciting?  :)

How many leaders you said you needed then left Ďem for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, itís King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 07, 2017, 06:28:45 pm »
Letitia Wright talks about her role in Black Panther: http://www.interviewmagazine.com/film/letitia-wright#_

I posed this question some months ago in CBR:

What happens when MCU Shuri is introduced as this youthful sassy energetic young girl that captures the hearts of audiences in the same way that Ms Marvel and revamped Batgirl had, as a complete contrast to this always so serious, "pragmatic" T'Challa clone in the comics? 

Wouldn't that be exciting?  :)

Because some people fail to grasp the Characters they are writing that this happens.

I like Shuri precoates

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 07, 2017, 06:52:15 pm »
Coates has devalued Shuri just as much as he's rape camped T'Challa of everything that made his character and attendant mythos relevant.

Sadly, there are some who lap up Coates derivative pablum with much enthusiasm.

Anyone down with Coates take on the BP mythos is complicit with the devaluation of said mythos.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #574 on: June 07, 2017, 09:25:59 pm »
Black Panther Confirmed For Avengers: Infinity War Role With Set Video
Megan Peters- 06/07/2017

Itís official: Black Panther will make an appearance in Avengers: Infinity War. The massive Marvel blockbuster went into production earlier this year, and work has yet to slow down on the feature. Stars like Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Holland have been busy with the film, and it looks like yet another star is now caught up in its orbit. Chadwick Boseman is now on the set of Avengers: Infinity War, and he is ready to drag his claws out.

Taking to Twitter, Boseman posted a short video from the set of Avengers: Infinity War which confirms Black Pantherís role. ďHere we goÖĒ Boseman captioned the clip.In the video, fans are shown a brief shot of the Avengers: Infinity War set. A trio of chairs are shown which boast the names of Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, and finally TíChalla. A hand drum can be seen sitting in front of Bosemanís seat, and fans are wondering if the set is part of a scene in Wakanda.

With the Black Panther on-board, the hero adds yet another body to the massive cast Avengers: Infinity War boasts. Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Vin Diesel, and Karen Gillan have all spoken out about their role in the film. A stand-in model for Rocket was also seen on the filmís set. As the for the Avengers, the whole gang is expected to return for the film, and set videos of Scarlet Witch and Vision recently hit the Internet.

You can check out the first synopsis for Avengers: Infinity War below:

ďAs the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment - the fate of Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.Ē

Avengers Infinity War is described by Marvel Studios as the culmination of everything in the Marvel Cinematic Universe since Iron Man in 2008. The movie is filming now under directors Anthony and Joe Russo, from a screenplay by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.

The expansive confirmed cast includes Robert Downey, Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Holland, Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bethany, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Benedict Wong, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, Pom Klementieff, and Josh Brolin as the villain Thanos. Avengers: Infinity War and its as-yet-untitled sequel are filming back-to-back for a May 4, 2018 and May 3, 2019 release, respectively.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/06/08/avengers-infinity-war-black-panther/
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Chesterfield

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 09, 2017, 09:31:54 am »

Trailer drops later tonight!

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #576 on: June 09, 2017, 09:33:26 am »
dat weave tho

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 09, 2017, 10:16:45 am »
#BeardGang

I can't grow a beard  :'(

But I will live vicariously through T'Chadwicks ;D

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 09, 2017, 10:58:12 am »
#BeardGang

Why can't you grow a beard? job won't let you?

As for the Weave, It looks less detailed then the first, But i like the addition of the spikes on the shins so im good :D

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 09, 2017, 11:52:04 am »
#BeardGang

As for the Weave, It looks less detailed then the first, But i like the addition of the spikes on the shins so im good :D

Worse, genetics  :-\ 

Best I can do is the Penny Hardaway chinny chin chins with some struggle sideburns if i don't "shave" for months.

All i ever wanted was the Denzel in training day goatee but 16 years later and i'm still waking up to smooth-faced depilated disappointment  :-\

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 09, 2017, 12:49:45 pm »
#BeardGang

Best I can do is the Penny Hardaway chinny chin chins with some struggle sideburns if i don't "shave" for months.

All i ever wanted was the Denzel in training day goatee but 16 years later and i'm still waking up to smooth-faced depilated disappointment  :-\

DAMN YOU GENETICS!!

My bear grows fast enough that i have the facial hair but slow enough that i dont need to shave again 5 min after shaving :D

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 09, 2017, 02:10:21 pm »
I've got a chunk of Sicilian genes, so instead of 5 o'clock shadow, I have more like 10AM shadow....

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 09, 2017, 02:33:04 pm »
A Black Panther fan made the poster better. lol

Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #583 on: June 09, 2017, 03:08:06 pm »
#BeardGang

My goatee game is fierce but cant grow a full beard to save my life. Patchy as hell, just look luje some crazy dude

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 09, 2017, 04:03:28 pm »
Might just be me, but the poster looks a lot better when you zoom in. Like comic scans you can't read until you zoom in on it. lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."