Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - Wakanda Forever! #RECAST T'CHALLA!  (Read 821586 times)

Offline Chesterfield

• View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!!
« Reply #615 on: June 14, 2017, 08:49:33 am »

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 14, 2017, 09:36:00 am »
Cool. For some reason reminds me of a Star wars cover

Me 2...........
Pull List

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 17, 2017, 06:17:55 pm »
There's a humorous state of emergency thread on the DC Comics CBR forum asking what will be DC's answer to what might be an awesome Black Panther movie. with 300+ posts.

I had nothing to add to it, as i'm on a brief self imposed sabbatical from my usual long winded Geoff Johns slander about his attempted assassination and disenfranchisement of the honorable Johnathon Stewart.  Figure I'll wait for some officially casting news before I return back to midseason form.

Nevertheless, it was amusing the way they put Cyborg and Captain Marvel in the same category of having no chance to match Black Panther and Wonder Woman, respectively.  Amusing, bc Victor and Carol do pretty much have the same sh*tty solo sales, sh*tty villains, boring supporting cast (need superheroes from other franchises to be their bffs) and same disinterest from comic readers by n large, don't they?
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 17, 2017, 06:25:40 pm »
The worst part of it is, they HAD a bankable minority superhero they could use as a headliner without looking like they were ripping off BP.

But thanks to some SERIOUS mishandling of the property, they don't own Static or the rest of the Milestone universe anymore...

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 17, 2017, 07:29:36 pm »
The worst part of it is, they HAD a bankable minority superhero they could use as a headliner without looking like they were ripping off BP.

But thanks to some SERIOUS mishandling of the property, they don't own Static or the rest of the Milestone universe anymore...

I remember watching that show as a being around 12 and I enjoyed it alot. It was a show about someone who was African and I could relate to, I liked that he was a black kid that was trying to do the right thing and balance his home life with Super hero work. That was very poor on DC part to lose static, the show was Good too

Offline Kasper Cole

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 18, 2017, 12:11:16 am »
There's a humorous state of emergency thread on the DC Comics CBR forum asking what will be DC's answer to what might be an awesome Black Panther movie. with 300+ posts.

I had nothing to add to it, as i'm on a brief self imposed sabbatical from my usual long winded Geoff Johns slander about his attempted assassination and disenfranchisement of the honorable Johnathon Stewart.  Figure I'll wait for some officially casting news before I return back to midseason form.

Nevertheless, it was amusing the way they put Cyborg and Captain Marvel in the same category of having no chance to match Black Panther and Wonder Woman, respectively.  Amusing, bc Victor and Carol do pretty much have the same sh*tty solo sales, sh*tty villains, boring supporting cast (need superheroes from other franchises to be their bffs) and same disinterest from comic readers by n large, don't they?

Actually I'd say Carol is in MUCH better position than Cyborg. At least with Carol she has a really dedicated female fan base that really championed her getting a solo film. When that Cyborg film was announced nobody cared, black folks as a whole just shrugged.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #622 on: June 18, 2017, 01:04:57 am »
I don't know if this link will work, but you'll love the meme:

https://m.facebook.com/comicbookdotcom/photos/a.10150175288135544.313949.39795225543/10154613490290544/?type=3&source=48

That was funny. From the way most of those replies read, you would have thought T'Challa put Thanos in an arm bar.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #623 on: June 18, 2017, 01:12:31 am »

DC needs to leave that quest for their "black" answer to Marvel alone and focus on Aquaman, Flash and really fleshing out JLA and the GL Corps. Worry about Cyborg and Vixen after you got Superman and Batman straight.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 18, 2017, 02:32:02 am »
DC's answer, IMO, was always John Stewart. And to be frank I think DC knows this, but they'll sacrifice anything including $$$ to put Hal over. SMH.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 18, 2017, 05:16:34 am »
I should probably clarify that DC never owned the Milestone characters outright, but they DID have the licensing rights for a while.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 19, 2017, 06:25:23 am »

Actually I'd say Carol is in MUCH better position than Cyborg. At least with Carol she has a really dedicated female fan base that really championed her getting a solo film. When that Cyborg film was announced nobody cared, black folks as a whole just shrugged.

Ultimately I think that is the only but significant difference.  Carol has a vocal minority of supporters.  Cyborg has tumbleweeds.  Cyborg is only here because of circumstance tied to Green Lantern politics.

Really, the big thing is that, regardless of comic fandom, Carol can be made to look like a more mature Supergirl on a 100 milly budget to the general public.  The question is whether ppl will care.  I guess they will, bc the MCU has their track record that says ppl will.

Comparatively, what will Cyborg look like that will capture the disinterested imaginations of the general public?  It'll have to be one creative as hell story, or he would have to upset Aquaman as the breakout star in this Justice League movie, but i don't see that happening.
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #627 on: June 19, 2017, 06:37:22 am »

Ultimately I think that is the only but significant difference.  Carol has a vocal minority of supporters.  Cyborg has tumbleweeds.  Cyborg is only here because of circumstance tied to Green Lantern politics.

Really, the big thing is that, regardless of comic fandom, Carol can be made to look like a more mature Supergirl on a 100 milly budget to the general public.  The question is whether ppl will care.  I guess they will, bc the MCU has their track record that says ppl will.

Comparatively, what will Cyborg look like that will capture the disinterested imaginations of the general public?  It'll have to be one creative as hell story, or he would have to upset Aquaman as the breakout star in this Justice League movie, but i don't see that happening.

Cyborg is f*cked in Justice League. Just to be blunt about it.

Batman is Batman.

Wonder Woman is Wonder Woman.

Superman is Superman while going through an obvious ressurection-bad guy-turned by Lois-heroically kick Steppenwolfes ass type of arc.

Aquabro is the groups Drax in GOG1. Hilarious quips, Alpha, Kick Ass and love it persona. Basically turned Aquaman to Namor  and beat Marvel to it.

Flash is going to for sure have that one, FoXmen quicksilver moment that steals the show for a bit. On top of being "quirky funny guy"

so that leaves Cyborg to........

teleport? stand in awe of batman? bad cgi? shoot some stuff?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 19, 2017, 07:08:03 am »

Cyborg is f*cked in Justice League. Just to be blunt about it.

Batman is Batman.

Wonder Woman is Wonder Woman.

Superman is Superman while going through an obvious ressurection-bad guy-turned by Lois-heroically kick Steppenwolfes ass type of arc.

Aquabro is the groups Drax in GOG1. Hilarious quips, Alpha, Kick Ass and love it persona. Basically turned Aquaman to Namor  and beat Marvel to it.

Flash is going to for sure have that one, FoXmen quicksilver moment that steals the show for a bit. On top of being "quirky funny guy"

so that leaves Cyborg to........

teleport? stand in awe of batman? bad cgi? shoot some stuff?

Pretty much this.

as he stands right now, there is no role for him to fill other then the overly CGI guy, Even the trailer made him look underwhelming as he didn't stand out any or capture interest, he was just kinda "There" and that was it. I dont see this as doing anything for him other then confirming that Cyborg is boring. Hell he may even turn into the new Aquaman, you know, that one that everyone made fun off and thought was sh*tty

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #629 on: June 19, 2017, 07:16:01 am »
only thing that will save Cyborg is if the turn the Flash movie into a Cyborg and Flash buddy film.