Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MCU - WAKANDA FOREVER - Ture's Review  (Read 1090272 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!!
« Reply #630 on: June 19, 2017, 07:20:40 am »
Thing is, Cyborgs toy potential is literally off the charts.

But no kid is gonna care if hes boring

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 19, 2017, 07:41:32 am »
only thing that will save Cyborg is if the turn the Flash movie into a Cyborg and Flash buddy film.

But will they do that? I mean basically he would have to have the same charisma that Beast boy and cyborg had in Teen Titans. Given DCU current dark and gritty mindset i don't have much faith cyborg will gain traction. 

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 19, 2017, 11:27:42 am »
There's a humorous state of emergency thread on the DC Comics CBR forum asking what will be DC's answer to what might be an awesome Black Panther movie. with 300+ posts.

I had nothing to add to it, as i'm on a brief self imposed sabbatical from my usual long winded Geoff Johns slander about his attempted assassination and disenfranchisement of the honorable Johnathon Stewart.  Figure I'll wait for some officially casting news before I return back to midseason form.

Nevertheless, it was amusing the way they put Cyborg and Captain Marvel in the same category of having no chance to match Black Panther and Wonder Woman, respectively.  Amusing, bc Victor and Carol do pretty much have the same sh*tty solo sales, sh*tty villains, boring supporting cast (need superheroes from other franchises to be their bffs) and same disinterest from comic readers by n large, don't they?

DC needs to leave that quest for their "black" answer to Marvel alone and focus on Aquaman, Flash and really fleshing out JLA and the GL Corps. Worry about Cyborg and Vixen after you got Superman and Batman straight.

DC has screwed over their Black characters.

Bronze Tiger
Amanda Waller
Vixen
John Stewart
Mr Terrific
Cyborg

All of them have exciting backstories and yet DC continually screws them over.
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 19, 2017, 11:45:21 am »
There's a humorous state of emergency thread on the DC Comics CBR forum asking what will be DC's answer to what might be an awesome Black Panther movie. with 300+ posts.

I had nothing to add to it, as i'm on a brief self imposed sabbatical from my usual long winded Geoff Johns slander about his attempted assassination and disenfranchisement of the honorable Johnathon Stewart.  Figure I'll wait for some officially casting news before I return back to midseason form.

Nevertheless, it was amusing the way they put Cyborg and Captain Marvel in the same category of having no chance to match Black Panther and Wonder Woman, respectively.  Amusing, bc Victor and Carol do pretty much have the same sh*tty solo sales, sh*tty villains, boring supporting cast (need superheroes from other franchises to be their bffs) and same disinterest from comic readers by n large, don't they?

Actually I'd say Carol is in MUCH better position than Cyborg. At least with Carol she has a really dedicated female fan base that really championed her getting a solo film. When that Cyborg film was announced nobody cared, black folks as a whole just shrugged.

Ultimately I think that is the only but significant difference.  Carol has a vocal minority of supporters.  Cyborg has tumbleweeds.  Cyborg is only here because of circumstance tied to Green Lantern politics.

Really, the big thing is that, regardless of comic fandom, Carol can be made to look like a more mature Supergirl on a 100 milly budget to the general public.  The question is whether ppl will care.  I guess they will, bc the MCU has their track record that says ppl will.

Comparatively, what will Cyborg look like that will capture the disinterested imaginations of the general public?  It'll have to be one creative as hell story, or he would have to upset Aquaman as the breakout star in this Justice League movie, but i don't see that happening.

Cyborg is f*cked in Justice League. Just to be blunt about it.

Batman is Batman.

Wonder Woman is Wonder Woman.

Superman is Superman while going through an obvious ressurection-bad guy-turned by Lois-heroically kick Steppenwolfes ass type of arc.

Aquabro is the groups Drax in GOG1. Hilarious quips, Alpha, Kick Ass and love it persona. Basically turned Aquaman to Namor  and beat Marvel to it.

Flash is going to for sure have that one, FoXmen quicksilver moment that steals the show for a bit. On top of being "quirky funny guy"

so that leaves Cyborg to........

teleport? stand in awe of batman? bad cgi? shoot some stuff?

This further compounds why swapping out Martian Manhunter for Cyborg was a bad idea.  J'onn doesn't need a solo and could've just been their CGI background character used or (not used) to their heart's content.  But that would've meant John Stewart stepping up to the limelight to add a non-porcelain skinned member to the final team... and well... yea. 

As it is now, the movie appears to crowded.  Cyborg will be a great bus driver to teleport them places and will have some stellar emo lines when they first ask him to join.  But i'm not being a fancy emo bus driver will capture the hearts and minds of viewing audiences

How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 19, 2017, 11:59:34 am »

Actually I'd say Carol is in MUCH better position than Cyborg. At least with Carol she has a really dedicated female fan base that really championed her getting a solo film. When that Cyborg film was announced nobody cared, black folks as a whole just shrugged.

Ultimately I think that is the only but significant difference.  Carol has a vocal minority of supporters.  Cyborg has tumbleweeds.  Cyborg is only here because of circumstance tied to Green Lantern politics.

Really, the big thing is that, regardless of comic fandom, Carol can be made to look like a more mature Supergirl on a 100 milly budget to the general public.  The question is whether ppl will care.  I guess they will, bc the MCU has their track record that says ppl will.

Comparatively, what will Cyborg look like that will capture the disinterested imaginations of the general public?  It'll have to be one creative as hell story, or he would have to upset Aquaman as the breakout star in this Justice League movie, but i don't see that happening.

Batman is Batman.

Superman is Superman while going through an obvious ressurection-bad guy-turned by Lois-heroically kick Steppenwolfes ass type of arc.

Aquabro is the groups Drax in GOG1. Hilarious quips, Alpha, Kick Ass and love it persona. Basically turned Aquaman to Namor  and beat Marvel to it.

Flash is going to for sure have that one, FoXmen quicksilver moment that steals the show for a bit. On top of being "quirky funny guy"

This further compounds why swapping out Martian Manhunter for Cyborg was a bad idea.  J'onn doesn't need a solo and could've just been their CGI background character used or (not used) to their heart's content.  But that would've meant John Stewart stepping up to the limelight to add a non-porcelain skinned member to the final team... and well... yea. 

As it is now, the movie appears to crowded.  Cyborg will be a great bus driver to teleport them places and will have some stellar emo lines when they first ask him to join.  But i'm not being a fancy emo bus driver will capture the hearts and minds of viewing audiences

Gasp! Teleport? Are you saying that Cyborg is the Eden Fesi of the Justice League?

Cyborg would have been better on a JSA team.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 19, 2017, 01:39:42 pm »

Batman is Batman.

Gasp! Teleport? Are you saying that Cyborg is the Eden Fesi of the Justice League?

Cyborg would have been better on a JSA team.

Some months back the director made a comment that Cyborg is essential to the story or something.

I was like

"No duh, who else is going to chauffeur Batman to Apokolips and back?"

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #636 on: June 19, 2017, 01:41:47 pm »
darkseid needs the motherboxes

and cyborg is a motherbox no?

he can be "integral" without being memorable. huge difference.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 19, 2017, 01:44:15 pm »

;)

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 19, 2017, 01:48:11 pm »
Mother Boxes are the G.O.A.T chauffeuring devices too, think about it 8)

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 19, 2017, 01:50:21 pm »

So they need the armor and not the man.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 19, 2017, 02:00:57 pm »

So what do you think? is he gonna be the Rhodey of the DCU? potential that gets squandered and ends up being just a joke of a character? Maybe he might Turn into a Sam wilson and be moderately capable on his own? im thinking the former

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #641 on: June 19, 2017, 02:28:00 pm »

So what do you think? is he gonna be the Rhodey of the DCU? potential that gets squandered and ends up being just a joke of a character? Maybe he might Turn into a Sam wilson and be moderately capable on his own? im thinking the former

Unforunately Rhodey only exists to prop Stark.

Cyborg should be is own thing. He isn't a legacy character. And he could be cool with some changes design wise.

But then they stuck a 20 year old kid around a 40 year old grumpy bilionaire, a grown ass alien, and 1000 year old demigod, and a atlantean king. (and whatever they are doing with flash)

WTF is he going ot talk abotu with them? what does he bring to the table other than teleporting?

if only he was apart of a different team... of younger heroes... possibly teenagers..... hmmmm are any of those around?

And if only there was another minority hero who could take his place... someone who can stand next to aliens and gods and not be out of place... someone that has power levels to match... possibly someone that was in cartoons a bunch when the coveted market was in school....

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 19, 2017, 02:34:18 pm »

Unforunately Rhodey only exists to prop Stark.

Cyborg should be is own thing. He isn't a legacy character. And he could be cool with some changes design wise.

But then they stuck a 20 year old kid around a 40 year old grumpy bilionaire, a grown ass alien, and 1000 year old demigod, and a atlantean king. (and whatever they are doing with flash)

WTF is he going ot talk abotu with them? what does he bring to the table other than teleporting?

if only he was apart of a different team... of younger heroes... possibly teenagers..... hmmmm are any of those around?

And if only there was another minority hero who could take his place... someone who can stand next to aliens and gods and not be out of place... someone that has power levels to match... possibly someone that was in cartoons a bunch when the coveted market was in school....

Re-intro the JSA and put him on that team. No Batman, no Superman could make him the tech guy and the strong guy.

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 19, 2017, 03:50:17 pm »
Thing is, Cyborgs toy potential is literally off the charts.

But no kid is gonna care if hes boring

I'm not even sure that's an issue, anymore.  The only MCE and DCEU toys I've seen have either been Legos, or targeted at collectors.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #644 on: June 19, 2017, 04:15:01 pm »
I meant for like kids.

Only reason my kid has bp toys is bc of mcu.