Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MCU - WAKANDA FOREVER - Ture's Review  (Read 1085078 times)

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!!
« Reply #660 on: June 22, 2017, 08:28:17 am »
lol right, i don't know nor want to know what or where this list came from but how is The Client not the #1 must read on any BP must read list for the movie?

Who introduced the Doras to the mythos?
Who created Nakia, the prominent Dora in the movie?
Who created Okoye, the 2nd prominent Dora in the movie?
Who used T'challa as a king first, super hero second?
Who created the vibranium weave, one of the defining characteristics of the movie character?
Who created the claws?
Who updated the character away from the noble negro trope?
Who created Ross?
Who made Killmonger into a cunning, smart villain (updating from McGregor)?
Who separated the BP title from King?
Who made it so T'challa the king had to control and appease the various tribes of Wakanda that don't get along?
Who first showed us the weight of the crown?

But naw, Coates run gave us prominent Ayo and Aneka (3 and 4th on the Dora list in the movie who were thrown in as a afterthought) and...... shiny buildings (which is Stelfreeze anyway)?

Hell Hudlin gave us Shuri, gave us an unconquered line of kings with the title passing down for centuries (instead of a costume conveniently left by Tchonda lol), he changed Klaw to a more menacing, human character, aged up the Doras and made them less sex symbol, more elite fighting bodyguard... yet no one talks about his contributions.

But Coogler makes one comment about Coates when asked and fanboys jump all over it.

Straight up obliterated the Coates narrative.  Drop one of Clue's bombs for this post, damn it!

How many leaders you said you needed then left ‘em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, it’s King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #661 on: June 24, 2017, 09:52:57 pm »
We are living in a Black Panther world...

While there was plenty of Black Panther goodness in the debut trailer, a new Comic-Con poster actually provides the best look at the mask yet.

Fans are starting to see Black Panther posters pop up around the San Diego area in preparation for San Diego Comic-Con. The latest features a close-up on the character's upper frame, including an updated mask that features much more detail than the one seen in Captain America: Civil War.

There's a silver embellishment on the forehead, with several silver accent lines on the sides and around the eyes as well. The action moves quickly in the trailer, so these might be more subdued in the actual film. He could also get an upgrade at some point later on.

Of crouse, it could just be a special rendering for the poster, but either way, fans are likely to find out more at Comic-Con.

Boseman recently shared his first reactions to seeing the trailer to Jimmy Kimmel.

“It was so exciting,” Boseman said. “I literally, for like three minutes, was like, ‘oh my gosh.’ Just staring at the screen and then I cut my phone off because it was too much stimulation.”

Black Panther currently has a 4.03 out of 5 on ComicBook.com's anticipation rankings, and you can submit your vote here. The official description is listed below.

Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther” follows T’Challa who, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king. But when a powerful old enemy reappears, T’Challa’s mettle as king—and Black Panther—is tested when he is drawn into a formidable conflict that puts the fate of Wakanda and the entire world at risk. Faced with treachery and danger, the young king must rally his allies and release the full power of Black Panther to defeat his foes and secure the safety of his people and their way of life.

Black Panther stars Chadwick Boseman (T'Challa/Black Panther), Lupita Nyong'o (Nakia), Michael B. Jordan (Erik Killmonger), Danai Gurira (Okoye), Martin Freeman (Everett K. Ross), Daniel Kaluuya (W'Kabi), Angela Bassett (Ramonda), Forest Whitaker (Zuri), Andy Serkis (Ulysses Klaw), Florence Kasumba (Ayo), John Kani (King T'Chaka), Winston Duke (M'Baku/Man-Ape), Sterling K. Brown (N'Jobu), and Letitia Wright (Shuri).

http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/index.php?action=post;msg=168380;topic=12570.660
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 09:57:57 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 25, 2017, 09:20:49 am »
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:07:13 pm by JRCarter »

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 25, 2017, 12:51:42 pm »
We are living in a Black Panther world...

While there was plenty of Black Panther goodness in the debut trailer, a new Comic-Con poster actually provides the best look at the mask yet.

Fans are starting to see Black Panther posters pop up around the San Diego area in preparation for San Diego Comic-Con. The latest features a close-up on the character's upper frame, including an updated mask that features much more detail than the one seen in Captain America: Civil War.

There's a silver embellishment on the forehead, with several silver accent lines on the sides and around the eyes as well. The action moves quickly in the trailer, so these might be more subdued in the actual film. He could also get an upgrade at some point later on.

Of crouse, it could just be a special rendering for the poster, but either way, fans are likely to find out more at Comic-Con.

Boseman recently shared his first reactions to seeing the trailer to Jimmy Kimmel.

“It was so exciting,” Boseman said. “I literally, for like three minutes, was like, ‘oh my gosh.’ Just staring at the screen and then I cut my phone off because it was too much stimulation.”

Black Panther currently has a 4.03 out of 5 on ComicBook.com's anticipation rankings, and you can submit your vote here. The official description is listed below.

Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther” follows T’Challa who, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king. But when a powerful old enemy reappears, T’Challa’s mettle as king—and Black Panther—is tested when he is drawn into a formidable conflict that puts the fate of Wakanda and the entire world at risk. Faced with treachery and danger, the young king must rally his allies and release the full power of Black Panther to defeat his foes and secure the safety of his people and their way of life.

Black Panther stars Chadwick Boseman (T'Challa/Black Panther), Lupita Nyong'o (Nakia), Michael B. Jordan (Erik Killmonger), Danai Gurira (Okoye), Martin Freeman (Everett K. Ross), Daniel Kaluuya (W'Kabi), Angela Bassett (Ramonda), Forest Whitaker (Zuri), Andy Serkis (Ulysses Klaw), Florence Kasumba (Ayo), John Kani (King T'Chaka), Winston Duke (M'Baku/Man-Ape), Sterling K. Brown (N'Jobu), and Letitia Wright (Shuri).

http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/index.php?action=post;msg=168380;topic=12570.660

They have to get Coates offthis book before the end of this year. MCU BP hype is unreal. We can't have Coate's BLAND Panther out there giving false impressions.
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #664 on: June 25, 2017, 01:35:28 pm »
darkseid needs the motherboxes

and cyborg is a motherbox no?

he can be "integral" without being memorable. huge difference.

So what do you think? is he gonna be the Rhodey of the DCU? potential that gets squandered and ends up being just a joke of a character? Maybe he might Turn into a Sam wilson and be moderately capable on his own? im thinking the former

Unforunately Rhodey only exists to prop Stark.

Cyborg should be is own thing. He isn't a legacy character. And he could be cool with some changes design wise.

But then they stuck a 20 year old kid around a 40 year old grumpy bilionaire, a grown ass alien, and 1000 year old demigod, and a atlantean king. (and whatever they are doing with flash)

WTF is he going ot talk abotu with them? what does he bring to the table other than teleporting?

if only he was apart of a different team... of younger heroes... possibly teenagers..... hmmmm are any of those around?

And if only there was another minority hero who could take his place... someone who can stand next to aliens and gods and not be out of place... someone that has power levels to match... possibly someone that was in cartoons a bunch when the coveted market was in school....

You may be on to something

Yes, indeedy!! Maybe you speak of...

...which IS A GREAT. GREAT. FREAKIN IDEA.

Omari Hardwick thinks it is, at least...

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #665 on: June 26, 2017, 10:09:48 am »
Don't know if this is legit...

but I like it.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 26, 2017, 10:36:38 am »
Don't know if this is legit...

but I like it.

Whats with the Monkey Stamp on the Rock?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #667 on: June 26, 2017, 10:37:32 am »
I imagine its someones watermark, whaever fan made the poster

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 26, 2017, 11:48:05 am »
I'm guessing fan made because of the watermark, Martin Freeman is name is b4 Danai Gurira, Florence Kasumba is on poster when her role/character less important than Letitia Wright, Sterling K. Brown & possibly Winston Duke. Also her name is b4 Daniel Kaluuya who character/role (going buy most cast listing ) is more important than her role (he's usually listed as 6 or 7 character on most sites)..

If the cast listing doesn't have these four 1st (BP, KM, Nakia, Okoye) this it probably fan made.

I'm thinking movie wise

1st teir

BP
KM
Queen Nakia
Okoye

2nd teir

W'Kabi
Queen Mom
Shuri
Ross
Klaw
Zuri

3rd
Ayo
N'Jobu
WG
T'Chaka
PG/Phylicia Rashad
Unnamed DMs
Isaach de Bankolé character
Nightshade
Pull List

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 26, 2017, 03:17:55 pm »
It's fanart.  Specifically, a guy who goes by SPDRMNKYXXIII:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQlHyIcFBU9/

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 28, 2017, 08:09:06 am »
More like T'Challa meets Deathstroke. Looks pretty badass

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 03, 2017, 09:45:51 am »
Once the movie comes out or when we are close to it. We should expect an update of these

With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #674 on: July 04, 2017, 03:28:37 pm »

This had to be in the movie thread as well as the Shuri one.

Letitia Wright signing autographs at Essence Fest.

I wanna know what she is signing. Consummate BP collector that I am.

courtesy of HEF's The Wakandan