Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - BP2 Wakanda Forever... We got some pics...Whoa!  (Read 907259 times)

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!!
« Reply #1005 on: September 07, 2017, 05:19:10 pm »
I wonder when I start buying these my wife is going to just assume this is me saying "it's time to have kids!"

Offline Lord Morph

• View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 08, 2017, 04:02:54 pm »
T'Challa's suit seems to be inspired by the Coates run.
Killmonger's trailer attire seems to be  inspired the Lion garb
Killmonger's Gold Panther suit seems to be inspired by the Priest design

Honestly, yea, I don't like it much either.  They should've kept it more inline with what we saw in Hudlin's run, like a gold-ish Predator type look but with slicker designs.

As it is, I see why ppl confused it as another BP habit.

It may grow on me but idk

That may very well be the actual case. Looks like they are adapting Priest's Killmonger arc heavily.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 04:04:58 pm by Lord Morph »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1007 on: September 08, 2017, 04:09:29 pm »
Lord Morph... you made it over here!

im black_panther_blog on IG lol

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 08, 2017, 09:25:47 pm »

Honestly, yea, I don't like it much either.  They should've kept it more inline with what we saw in Hudlin's run, like a gold-ish Predator type look but with slicker designs.

That may very well be the actual case. Looks like they are adapting Priest's Killmonger arc heavily.

So serious question: 2 movies from now when habit-wearing T'Challa Shuri Erik Hunter and Kevin Cole are forced to team up to stop _____ threat and morph into the Wakanda Power Rangers, will it be lit or nah?

Will T'Challa say it's morphing time in Hausa dialect?
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 08, 2017, 09:50:22 pm »
If those transforming toys are in the movies and can combine to form the Megazord, I'm all for it. lol

Strike a pose wait for the fireworks. lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1010 on: September 09, 2017, 04:43:51 am »

So serious question: 2 movies from now when habit-wearing T'Challa Shuri Erik Hunter and Kevin Cole are forced to team up to stop _____ threat and morph into the Wakanda Power Rangers, will it be lit or nah?

Does Mbaku not get a gorilla zord?

Or is his like the Dragon and he calls it down form the jabari land with a flute?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: September 09, 2017, 08:18:51 am »

I... Would legit 100% support a Wakandan based power rangers battle zord fight lol. That would be cool. I would love to see the dooms day Panthers actually make another appearance. The last time we saw them was in Hudlin's BP annual

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: September 11, 2017, 06:01:08 pm »
Looking back at that BP panel at comic con, Winston Duke does have that Tommy Oliver rogue assholeness to him, but with charisma!

I could see him straight interrupting T'Challa's morphing time! on some "Now i'ma let you finish... but the Jabari lands has the best Zords in alllllll of Afrika!  Now yall little people hang tight and watch me work!" *pulls out kimoyo flute*

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1013 on: September 12, 2017, 05:02:53 am »
Looking back at that BP panel at comic con, Winston Duke does have that Tommy Oliver rogue assholeness to him, but with charisma!

I could see him straight interrupting T'Challa's morphing time! on some "Now i'ma let you finish... but the Jabari lands has the best Zords in alllllll of Afrika!  Now yall little people hang tight and watch me work!" *pulls out kimoyo flute*

Considering how well Marvel casts relative unknowns, i'll be curious to see if Winston or Letita end up being a huge deal in 5 years.

(if they both survive infinity war that is)

our girl Letita already got toys!

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 12, 2017, 07:33:35 am »

Considering how well Marvel casts relative unknowns, i'll be curious to see if Winston or Letita end up being a huge deal in 5 years.

I have a feeling in the next few year, they will go the Hudlin route and make Shuri become Bp at some point. T'challa May or may not gain KotD powers at that point. But i definitely think they may take that direction.

Shuri is a Gem honestly, she has such a great appeal to Little girls. She is a princess of the most advanced and arguably the most powerful nation on earth, one that doesn't need rescuing, she is also a genius and responsible for much of Wakanda's great tech. And she has some cool Panther blasters and a unique look.

On top of that there is also the DM which give another option for Girls as they are fierce warriors that don't need protecting.. BP has this on lock with toys for both genders 

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1015 on: September 12, 2017, 07:43:22 am »

I have a feeling in the next few year, they will go the Hudlin route and make Shuri become Bp at some point. T'challa May or may not gain KotD powers at that point. But i definitely think they may take that direction.

Shuri is a Gem honestly, she has such a great appeal to Little girls. She is a princess of the most advanced and arguably the most powerful nation on earth, one that doesn't need rescuing, she is also a genius and responsible for much of Wakanda's great tech. And she has some cool Panther blasters and a unique look.

On top of that there is also the DM which give another option for Girls as they are fierce warriors that don't need protecting.. BP has this on lock with toys for both genders 

Its possible. We have to see what they are planning with Stark/Rogers/Thor to see wth Marvel plans to do when their actors age and potentially they could have legacies for all three.

We also have to see how popular T'challa becomes. especially that toy market. Because disney has never had a chance to tap into the sweet sweet young black kid market.

Would they dare risk that by killing him off or taking the title away from him if they have no black characters waiting in the wings?

the toy side for girls isn't nearly as attractive to disney. They don't have a "marvel girls!" line like DC does (where they market WW, Harley, Batgril, and SuperGirl all over the place).

Plus the kind of elephant in the room that Shuri's run on BP absolutely bombed in the comics lol. It isn't nearly as strong as a legacy character as BuckyCap, Sam Cap, or JaneThor.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 12, 2017, 09:07:01 am »
Of they go the comics route (trying to quickly cash in on mild interest via BP WOW) then I could see it failing. Because that's short term thinking rather then organic building up of the character. Maybe they would not go that route, maybe Shuri might be Queen whole Tchalla is the BP or is versa, or maybe not still all. But if they are smart they will pay attention to how well received she is.

I mean if she can make an impact as well as Florence kasumba with her line to Black widow that had people go crazy, then I could see there being some traction.

Comics side i still hate that the missed opportunity for BP wow to focus on TRO and focus on Shuri after everything that went down. Really that could of been a chance for a Shuri mini to see if people would take to her. While having a heavy Tchalla presence.

But what we have seen so far, people are thirsty for BP stuff. He is a huge Hit it's really the comics side Being too stupid to capitalize on his hype. But time will tell, I think he will be a big hit like WW with an actual different feel and (hopefully) a new standard for caped movies. All of this will be answered in February

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 12, 2017, 09:24:07 am »
I think T'Challa is still a handful of years away from that conversation of replacement being held, similar to Cap and the speculation of Bucky/Sam taking over in Civil War.  An "end of the trilogy" type of thing.

So far the franchise leads have been 3 and out, so i agree we need to see what they do with the current graduates of that program (IM/Cap/Thor), to get a better idea of direction.  Or what they do with Bucky and Sam.

I do think part of making Shuri into Tech-Shuri was to give her a path that was complimentary to BP's new status and not contingent on him taking a massive L.  So it'll def come down to execution.  Tbh, once they finish the BP-DS-CM-AM trilogy era, i think they'll just move on to the next phase of franchises and those 4 will be characters in team movies or cameos in other people's films.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: September 12, 2017, 10:22:54 am »
They also might do a replacement of T'Challa so they can have "The Return of T'Challa" in time for Black Panther 2.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1019 on: September 12, 2017, 10:50:38 am »
Naw, T'challa ain't "dying" or taking an L to BP 3 at the earliest.

They need him not only for solos but for Avenger movies

got 10 years to worry abotu that