Author Topic: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!!  (Read 105322 times)

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!!
« Reply #1335 on: November 13, 2017, 12:53:40 pm »
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Random thought of today was that I miss T'Challa saying "Amandla!" Was kinda like his "Imperius Rex" now wasn't it?

Anyway how are we liking the look of this Black Panther movie? When I think about it, it's still feels a little surreal. Yesterday I saw a Black Panther popcorn bucket and I thought to myself: Goddess, Black Panther is mainstream enough to get cheap cinema merchandise!

But this is the dream, isn't it? One we've had for far too long. Soon, the world may just see T'Challa as we, his creators, visionaries like Priest, Hudlin, Liss, Coogler, Boseman and Robert Cole do. This super cool, super fly, super rich, super smart superhero. Man who would really have thought that the dream would look this good?

But as for the movie itself, it seems quite dense, and there's a lot to think about. Klaw and Killmonger's relationship for one. Gotta feeling it's an "enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation. Klaw's character poster describes him as "His Enemy's Revenge" so I wonder what he got up to.

I see there's a bit of worry concerning Shuri's and T'Challa's intelligence levels. I'll admit myself I'm a little disappointed that for now we may not get genius inventor T'Challa. But that brother-sister handshake (it makes me smile everytime I see it) makes me feel like he's just designated the role of inventor/tech expert to her to at least keep some weight off his shoulders, or they're both gonna be trading all kinds of smart people banter (Chadwick did say T'Challa is smart as well). What I'm looking forward too is seeing the master strategist, ruthlessly outsmarting and outmaneuvering T'Challa in the MCU. That's always been my favourite side of his intelligence because he's not just a hero, but a king, warrior and politician too.

Of course, there's the beautiful "King's Love" that is Nakai Nyong'o. We haven't seen her do much yet but I hear she's got at least two great fight scenes, and those ring blades look cool. And she's not becoming Malice as far as we know right? This movie shows black love too? Damn...

Okoye I'm guessing is gonna be a scene stealer. How perfect is her look? And the right actress in Danai Gurira as well. Can't wait to see her lead the Dora Milaje with Ayo AKA Florence "Move or You Will Be Moved" Kasumba.

M'Baku I think is one character I can't wait to see. Thank goddess he's gonna be in Infinity War (he better not die in that). All the shots of him, especially the ones in his throne room and easily lifting that guy up with one hand are powerful AF.

And of course, who can forget our very own Angela Bassett and Forest Whitaker, looking all kinds of regal as the queen mother Ramonda and "His King's Commands" Zuri. They could both read the Wakandan phone book in that perfect accent and I would be beyond satisfied.

I've been thinking about what could be a major plot spoiler with a particular character. I've been trying not to think about it because it seems likely, and you guys might not like it. But it could be very interesting.

The Wakandan is strong in this one.

How many leaders you said you needed then left ‘em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, it’s King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1336 on: November 13, 2017, 01:00:25 pm »
damn, duke is a BIG dude lol

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: November 13, 2017, 04:18:45 pm »
http://www.hollywood.com/general/tessa-thompson-open-to-black-panther-crossover-movie-60701632/

Tessa Thompson is keen to see a movie featuring characters from both Thor: Ragnarok and Black Panther.

The actress has won praise for her portrayal of bounty hunter Valkyrie in the latest installment of the Thor franchise, and will also appear in future films within the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).

However, Tessa has now revealed that she has set her sights on making a crossover film with the cast of the upcoming Black Panther, including Chadwick Boseman, who portrays the title character, and Michael B. Jordan, who plays supervillain Erik Killmonger.

“The worlds are colliding more and more,” she told Entertainment Tonight, noting that she also worked with Michael and Black Panther director Ryan Coogler on 2015 boxing movie Creed. “I think we’re constantly going to just pitch to Marvel how to get all of the characters in one movie and see what happens.”

Tessa is rumored to have a role in the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War, which is due out in April 2018. But she also wants to expand her presence in the MCU further, and has floated the idea of an all-female superhero movie to Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige.

“I’m really into Valkyrie when she’s a part of The Fearless Defenders,” the 34-year-old said, referring to the comic books series which centered on the Valkyrior, a team of superheroes led by Valkyrie and Misty Knight. “I think it would be fantastic to have an all-star female team which includes Brie Larson… Let’s get Tilda Swinton. Lupita (Nyong’o) is in there. Just a really bada*s group of women.”

@mindofshadow

Could be interesting if done right. Seeing the MCU royals interact and the stark difference between the two could be fun to see

I just like that the first black female superhero in the MCU is campaigning to do a movie with other black folks and particularly the greatest black superhero in fiction.

MCU white folks been doing that all the time with each other, publicly, so I like that we're seeing our own starting to advocate the same with each other.  Even if Tessa is in a completely different weight class... and would be a bad influence on Shuri due to her rampant alcoholism.

I think Shuri would be more interested in seeing what kind of tech valk uses before blowing her away with Wakandan tech

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1338 on: November 14, 2017, 04:38:04 am »
Only tech valkryie needs is a sword and a large flask

Online CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: November 14, 2017, 10:24:58 am »
Lupita is apparently the origin of the species.

www.instagram.com/p/BbetwRijVMC/?hl=en

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: November 14, 2017, 08:05:29 pm »
Pull List

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #1341 on: November 14, 2017, 09:26:35 pm »
I think that Misty Knight, Agent May, Daisy Johnson, Mockingbird, Black Widow, Colleen Wing, Night Nurse, Elektra and Hellcat would make a great street gritty team. They gotta up Knight, Hellcat and Night Nurse's h2h game, though.

Maybe Widow needs to make a Black Ops off the book team, with zero overt support from SHIELD...kinda like the real life RED CELL of Richard "Demolition Dick" Marcinko? Travel all around the world, for real. Like Sense8.

Karen Page, Foggy and Carrie-Ann Moss' character can keep them out of the legal trouble they'll always be in. And funnel them cases, n stuff. Maybe they could make this all women team for Disney's new streaming network to battle Netflix. Maybe have Madam Gao be their first nemesis?

Man. The training room scenes with Agent May, Mockingbird, Widow, Wing, and Elektra scrappin would be worth watching the series all by itself. Lol.

It would be called...what?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1342 on: November 16, 2017, 07:20:04 am »
Marvel's reminding the international audience Black Panther is in the MCU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7R1CIpB0qU

! No longer available

also, we here Shuri talk about the new suit, Killmonger talk more, and some other minor things

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: November 16, 2017, 07:53:39 am »
Lol @ the video thumbnail.  So disrespectful

Oh and, Pantera Negra... lmao! 
How many leaders you said you needed then left ‘em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, it’s King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Online CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: November 16, 2017, 08:08:48 am »
Either its on purpose to mock or they used google translate and didnt think beyond that. lol

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: November 16, 2017, 08:21:56 am »
Nice seeing some new things, They need to fix the thumbnail though. Im super jealous of the people who got to see the extended trailer now

Online MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1346 on: November 16, 2017, 10:03:06 am »
BTW, you can see a white BP suit in there in the Shuri scene

HZ !!!

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: November 16, 2017, 10:30:08 am »

HZ !!!

As someone said on the CBR forum, it coud be the one that killmonger gets since it has the gold lacing and you can see that it isn't complete yet.

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: November 16, 2017, 11:18:02 am »

HZ !!!

As someone said on the CBR forum, it coud be the one that killmonger gets since it has the gold lacing and you can see that it isn't complete yet.

I took a closer look, and I think folks are misinterpreting what they are seeing.

I agree that it's likely the prototype Killmonger steals, but I don't think it's  "A white suit with gold accents on a mannequin".

It's a gold necklace on a white mannequin.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: November 16, 2017, 12:07:20 pm »

HZ !!!

I took a closer look, and I think folks are misinterpreting what they are seeing.

I agree that it's likely the prototype Killmonger steals, but I don't think it's  "A white suit with gold accents on a mannequin".

It's a gold necklace on a white mannequin.

Still would be cool if it gave a glimpse of what the Hz would look like.