Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MEDIA Live Action or Animated - Count Down to BP2  (Read 385247 times)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!! 8 DAYS LEFT
« Reply #2235 on: February 09, 2018, 10:09:28 pm »
This is cool. Coogler originally wanted Kraven because of the Priest arc.

https://heroichollywood.com/black-panther-ryan-coogler-kraven-hunter/
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
« Reply #2236 on: February 10, 2018, 08:56:40 am »
So proud of this community. Long-time members, your debates made this moment possible.
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University
(twitter) @worldprofessor

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: February 10, 2018, 09:53:25 am »
So I have a question. If Black Panther has outpaced Fandango presales of Hunger games and beauty and the beast (which debuted at 174 Mil) doesn't have that mean that technically BP Should be looking at a 180+ mil opening weekend? Or am I missing something?

Offline mrkareemruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: February 10, 2018, 10:27:39 am »
So I have a question. If Black Panther has outpaced Fandango presales of Hunger games and beauty and the beast (which debuted at 174 Mil) doesn't have that mean that technically BP Should be looking at a 180+ mil opening weekend? Or am I missing something?
If the walk in sales are just as high as the pre sales it should be as high as 180 mli

Offline BlindWedjat

• View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: February 10, 2018, 10:33:12 am »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #2240 on: February 10, 2018, 04:13:13 pm »

Still a very large chunk of people buy tickets the day of.

Hell i do that all the time still.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2241 on: February 10, 2018, 05:35:19 pm »
CBS NEWS February 10, 2018, 12:23 PM

Why Marvel's "Black Panther" signals a "cultural moment" for Hollywood

Fandango says "Black Panther" has the strongest advanced sales of any superhero movie its tracked and the best sales its seen for any movie released in the first quarter of the year. The comic book character was created in 1966 and was the first black superhero to go mainstream.

As critical praise builds and social media buzz flows, the movie with a black director and mostly-black cast is being hailed as something bigger than a box office success, reports Brook Silva-Braga.

"It's a cultural moment," said Fandango's Chris Witherspoon, who sees the story of a heroic king and his wealthy, futuristic African nation as a new moment for Hollywood.

"This film is unlike any superhero film that we've ever seen. It's a diverse story, it is long overdue, and there's this social media movement that's happening that I think is galvanizing ticket sales like we never have seen before," Witherspoon added.

That includes the "Black Panther Challenge," a viral online fundraising effort that started with plans to help kids in Harlem see the movie. With a nudge from Ellen DeGeneres, it's mushroomed to include more than 300 fundraisers poised to send tens of thousands of young fans to the theater.

"I think there's going to be a 5-year-old kid who walks into the theater and says, 'Wow, I can be T'Challa, I can be Shuri, I can be Okoye, I can be all these different wonderful characters that you see in this film,'" said Jamil Smith, who profiled director Ryan Coogler for a Time magazine cover story.

Critics are also adding to the hype with an almost unheard of 99 percent rating from Rotten Tomatoes, a website that averages movie reviews.

"This is a story that is not only interesting and compelling and well told, it's also fun, you know what I mean? And that's the thing that people may get lost with all the sort of, you know, preoccupation with politics and race," Smith said.

All the buzz is already stoking speculation that a sequel could be on the way.

"Black Panther" won't hit theaters until next Friday.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: February 10, 2018, 05:47:38 pm »

Still a very large chunk of people buy tickets the day of.

Hell i do that all the time still.

So our estimates were off. Looks more like 200 Mil 4 day

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2244 on: February 10, 2018, 07:28:33 pm »
Black Panther Official Movie Special PREVIEWS Exclusive Edition

If you're one of the faithful, then you of all people are first in line at the local cinema to catch Black Panther in theatres on February 16, 2018. But here's the deal: what if the movie is so over-the-top awesome, you need a T'challa fix from time-to-time, and yet your budget doesn't account for multiple trips to the movie theater? Well, the next best thing would be to take advantage of the December PREVIEWS catalog and pre-order the Black Panther Official Movie Special PREVIEWS Exclusive Edition (DEC172104) which helps you go behind-the-scenes with photos from the movie and stunning concept art. You want to know how that movie magic was made in Hollywood? With this Movie Special you can discover secrets from the set with exclusive star interviews including Chadwick Boseman (T'Challa), Michael B. Jordan (Erik Killmonger), Andy Serkis (Klaw), Danai Gurira (Okoye), Angela Bassett (Ramonda), and Stan Lee (Stan Lee)!

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: February 10, 2018, 07:31:48 pm »
Anybody ask their local theatre to take the displays once the movie is out of the theatres?
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2246 on: February 10, 2018, 07:43:17 pm »
I asked for displays and movie posters and was told they either are going back to the movie company or theater employees already have dibs on said materials.

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!! 5 DAYS LEFT
« Reply #2247 on: February 11, 2018, 05:46:36 pm »
How many repeat views do you think BP gets? I'm betting average is a little over 2. Some folks will see it twice a week for at least three weeks.
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University
(twitter) @worldprofessor

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!! 5 DAYS LEFT
« Reply #2248 on: February 11, 2018, 08:02:04 pm »
Now this is nice.

Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group