Author Topic: CIVIL INFINITY - BLACK PANTHER CINEMA BETWEEN THE WARS AND BEYOND  (Read 284291 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!! 5 DAYS LEFT
« Reply #2250 on: February 12, 2018, 01:13:36 am »
Black Panther: African fans get into the superhero hype
By Ized Uanikhehi, CNN

Lagos (CNN)Is it a drone? Is it a spaceship? No, it's the African superhero Black Panther!

Welcome to Wakanda! Marvel's highly anticipated film is in movie theaters in a few days time and Africa is feeling the frenzy. On the continent the movie is open for public screening on February 16. Kenyans in Kisumu, hometown of film star Lupita Nyong'o, will get to see it before the rest of Africa on February 13. There's a palpable excitement. While this is still an American film and not the first black superhero movie (there's been Blade, Steel and Hancock to name a few), this feels like the most African: there's African actors, speaking an African language isiXhosa, living in an -- albeit fictional -- African country. Plus with an estimated value of $90.7 trillion, Black Panther is the wealthiest Marvel character of all time.

The father of Lupita Nyong'o, Anyang Nyong'o, wrote in an article for Kenyan newspaper The Star: "There is more to this action-packed movie that one can only discern by reflecting on the messages that the actors keep on passing. And it is a very interesting reflection about Africa's predicament and "the history we have missed to make so far."

Community and Teamwork
The continent is also in a fashion fever, inspired by the costumes in the movie. There is talk in Nigeria and Kenya about dressing in uniform African clothes (called Aso ebi by Yorubas in Nigeria) to express solidarity and community.

The Conscious Negro
@GoziGotTheJuice
To all my fellow Black Kings and Queens out there, we are strictly wearing Afrikan attire to see Black Panther. It's only appropriate to do so. To wear all black is not Afrocentric enough. This film is celebrating our heritage as Afrikan people and we shall express it as such.

8:54 PM - Feb 9, 2018

This IG pic says it all...
https://instagram.com/p/BfAtRyeF-EH/?utm_source=ig_embed

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/10/africa/buzz-around-black-panther-in-africa/index.html
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!! 4 DAYS LEFT
« Reply #2252 on: February 12, 2018, 12:44:59 pm »
For the record

Spider-Man homeocming was 117.... and made 800+. likely cant coutn on that Asian money but still

Offline mrkareemruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: February 12, 2018, 12:56:09 pm »
For the record

Spider-Man homeocming was 117.... and made 800+. likely cant coutn on that Asian money but still
Nope, you can count on Asian money if Marvel market BP well.

Offline Beware Of Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: February 12, 2018, 01:47:23 pm »
It may be no coincidence that one of the major action set-pieces was filmed in Korea....

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #2255 on: February 12, 2018, 01:56:28 pm »
It may be no coincidence that one of the major action set-pieces was filmed in Korea....

there definitely isn't any coincidence there

Marvel has been doing that stuff since IM3

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #2256 on: February 12, 2018, 02:44:49 pm »
The Blackest movie filmed in Atlanta and I didn't even get a chance to audition.
Shucks, I think I missed out on a chance to be an extra.
I'm soooo excited for this movie and I KNOW I'm gonna see a few ATLien actors in it...but darnit...I wanted to scratch that off my bucket list.
Oh well...moving on.

Friday can't get here fast enough!

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: February 12, 2018, 03:52:14 pm »
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/black-panther-tracking-massive-165m-us-debut-1083867

165 MILLION?!

Shoot in aiming higher then that. If it beat out beauty and the beast in presales which was at 174 mil, then I'm aiming for that 180-190k mil 4 day weekend money

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: February 13, 2018, 03:01:19 am »

I would love to see Black Panther dominate this year's Halloween.

Edit: Let me add "and not in the bad way", for those who understand what I mean

Oh, I know whatcha mean!  ;)

Offline BlindWedjat

• View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!! 3 DAYS LEFT
« Reply #2261 on: February 13, 2018, 09:05:35 am »
‘Black Panther’ Heading Toward Massive $170 Million-Plus Opening

Disney-Marvel’s “Black Panther” is gaining momentum with forecasts estimating as much as $170 million in North America during the four-day President’s Day weekend, updated tracking shows.

That’s significantly above the first tracking on Jan. 25 for the tentpole, which initially placed the debut in the $100 million to $120 million range for the Feb. 16-19 period.

“Black Panther” should break the Presidents Day weekend record of $152 million, set in 2016 by “Deadpool.” It will easily top the second-highest debut for  the four-day holiday, set in 2015 when “Fifty Shades of Grey” opened with $93 million.

Surveys showed “definite interest” continues to increase to 65% Monday. “First choice” has reached 40% among the general sample.

Online ticketing service Fandango reported Feb. 7 that presales for Disney-Marvel’s “Black Panther” are now outpacing advance sales for all other first-quarter releases in the company’s 18-year history. Critics have been impressed as the film has a 97% “fresh” score on the Rotten Tomatoes review aggregator site.

The superhero tentpole, starring Chadwick Boseman, opens Feb. 16 in more than 4,000 North American theaters, including 3,300 3D locations and more than 400 Imax screens. Previews begin at 7 p.m. on Feb. 15.

Disney said Monday that although tracking at this level is difficult to accurately predict, it anticipates a four-day domestic weekend in the $150 million range. Tracking services have raised their guidance to the $155 million to $172 million range.

Screenings start Tuesday in a trio of international markets in the UK, Hong Kong, and Taiwan followed by Wednesday launches in France, Italy, Korea, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Indonesia. Most other markets will be open this weekend, followed by Russia on Feb. 22, Japan on March 1 and China on March 9.

International performance on “Black Panther,” a less-familiar Marvel character, could come in similarly to openings for “Doctor Strange” with $114 million (boosted by Benedict Cumberbatch’s international appeal), “Ant-Man” at $73 million and “Guardians of the Galaxy” at about $80 million.

Boseman stars as T’Challa, who takes over as the king of Wakanda after his father T’Chaka is killed, as shown in “Captain America: Civil War.” The film also stars Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker, and Michael B. Jordan. Ryan Coogler directed the movie from a script he co-wrote with Joe Robert Cole.

The character was introduced in “Captain America: Civil War.” “Black Panther” is the 18th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Marvel Studios’ first of three films in 2018, with “Avengers: Infinity War” coming on May 4.

Lionsgate’s stop-motion comedy “Early Man” is also opening domestically on Feb. 16 at about 2,400 locations with expectations of a $7 million launch. Directed by Nick Park, the stop-motion movie is co-financed by the U.K.’s Aardman and France’s Studiocanal. It’s a re-team of the companies following 2015’s “Shaun the Sheep.”

Faith-based distributor Pure Flix is launching Biblical story “Samson” at about 1,200 sites with forecasts in the $3 million range. Taylor James stars in the title role opposite Billy Zane and Lindsay Wagner.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/box-office-black-panther-opening-weekend-tracking-1202696018/

Go T'Challa, go!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2262 on: February 13, 2018, 12:11:16 pm »
BLACK PANTHER IS BLACK ESSENCE

UPCOMING COVERS FOR MARCH

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: February 13, 2018, 04:11:18 pm »
Winston Duke, who is featured in the Hollywood motion picture, 'Black Panther' is scheduled to be a guest on MSNBC's The Beat hosted by Ari Melber Wednesday, February 14th, 2018... 6 p.m. EST.

Check your local listings!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!!! 2 DAYS LEFT
« Reply #2264 on: February 14, 2018, 02:00:34 am »