Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MEDIA - BP's "Black" Creatives *ARTIST * Ken Lashley  (Read 484925 times)

Offline BlindWedjat

• View Profile
Re: The Black Panther Movie ... The Redemption of T'Challa!
« Reply #2820 on: March 18, 2018, 02:49:09 pm »
A friend of mine finally got see it; he said Chadwick is going to be to Black Panther what Hugh Jackman is to Wolverine.

And...BP would kick Batman's butt.

What's that thing all the cool kids on Black Twitter say?

"We been knew"

Also Black Panther has been number one for it's fifth week at the box office

Wakanda really is Forever

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #2821 on: March 18, 2018, 03:03:56 pm »
A friend of mine finally got see it; he said Chadwick is going to be to Black Panther what Hugh Jackman is to Wolverine.

And...BP would kick Batman's butt.

What's that thing all the cool kids on Black Twitter say?

"We been knew"

Also Black Panther has been number one for it's fifth week at the box office

Wakanda really is Forever

81% drop in china... While they flocked to tomb raider lol. Chinese have no taste

Passed cw, next up im3

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: March 18, 2018, 04:01:51 pm »
Forget China, they can take their market and shove it. No excuses. It's just like their racist laundry detergent commercial. f*ck em

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: March 18, 2018, 04:30:43 pm »
Earlier in the week i erred and misread CA:CW as 1.115 billion, instead of 1.150 billion.  I'd said BP would pass it in 48 hours but really the correct answer was by the end of the week.  It was 50 million, not 15 lol. I was struck by mild dyslexia i think  :-\

But that's all moot now. 

I wasn't dyslexic about my 2 week projections tho!

18 million away from passing Avengers 1 as GOAT domestic superhero movie.

33million away from passing IM3 as GOAT stand alone superhero movie world wide.

All this still on schedule to be taken by next Sunday
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: March 18, 2018, 05:02:04 pm »
The Chinese...

::)

Ok, first let me say I tried giving them the benefit of the doubt after the strong opening. And I was going to follow through on my end by condemning the white-washing of asian culture and the emasculation of asian males...

But naaaah, f*ck that.  "Too politically correct" but yet they flock to any sh*tty movie like the Great Wall where subpar asian actors and cgi-sh*t asian backdrops are included simply to capitalize on the Chinese's willingness to watch gutter trash so long as they can see images of themselves?  The irony isn't lost on anyone.

Bitch about MJ and Liz being brown girls but not a peep about Peter's chubby friend being asian. 

Make commercials and tv shows equating afrikans as animals [while trying to force their overpopulated asses into expanding to afrikan countries] and get mad defensive when "westerners" call em out on that sh*t... but yet be the first ones to throw a hissy fit and demand this Lebron James commercial be banned from China

! No longer available

Equating afrikans to animals = fun and games with stereotypes 
Lebron having fun and games with asian sorcerers and lusty anime chicks = offensive and disrespectful

Well I say Disney needs to go ahead and cast Namor as a South Korean actor and Iron Fist is better than Shang Chi ever was  :P

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: March 18, 2018, 05:27:37 pm »
Yeah they can piss off for all I care, take Their great walls and all their White wash trash with them.. except for the ones in this interview who kept it real, they can get special private screenings of respectful showings. All the while the rest can get BPs massive BO earnings showed down Their thoats with sequels of said greatness to follow suit

https://youtu.be/hWxKNKopR9U

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: March 18, 2018, 05:36:41 pm »
When it hit 400 million international, before it was even in China, I began to write off the dependency of it, in terms of breaking a billion.

Also, I'm not surprised at all. South Korea and Japan seemed to like it even more. Even India.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: March 18, 2018, 05:46:08 pm »
Yeah they can piss off for all I care, take Their great walls and all their White wash trash with them.. except for the ones in this interview who kept it real, they can get special private screenings of respectful showings. All the while the rest can get BPs massive BO earnings showed down Their thoats with sequels of said greatness to follow suit

I always go by the numbers, as talk can sometimes/often be cheap.  So when the smear campaign report came about racist chinese a week ago, i called bullsh*t because of that same youtube video.  Basically anyone can pick a handful of racists and make a negative story, just like i could make a positive story just by using that video alone.

But if the numbers dropped by that much and the reviews are mixed to poor, then f*ck them tbh.  And that one kid in the youtube said something veeeerrrry telling.  He said most chinese people are racist and call black people the n-word but that he doesn't because his friends at his university are black and he wouldn't disrespect his friends like that.

I watched that vid last weekend and when i heard him say that, the sincerity of it and how he blurted that out [too much information lol] really put things in perspective.  Now "technically" speaking is he probably generalizing?  Sure but if a white kid said the same thing about white folks, we'd know he was generalizing too but we'd also "get it", so to speak.

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: March 18, 2018, 05:49:21 pm »
With that said, an 81% drop doesn't really mean anything to me until I know how much Thor: R, GotG2, and Spider-man Homecoming dropped.

And until i know what type of reviews those movies got.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #2829 on: March 18, 2018, 06:32:52 pm »

I always go by the numbers, as talk can sometimes/often be cheap.  So when the smear campaign report came about racist chinese a week ago, i called bullsh*t because of that same youtube video.  Basically anyone can pick a handful of racists and make a negative story, just like i could make a positive story just by using that video alone.

But if the numbers dropped by that much and the reviews are mixed to poor, then f*ck them tbh.  And that one kid in the youtube said something veeeerrrry telling.  He said most chinese people are racist and call black people the n-word but that he doesn't because his friends at his university are black and he wouldn't disrespect his friends like that.

I watched that vid last weekend and when i heard him say that, the sincerity of it and how he blurted that out [too much information lol] really put things in perspective.  Now "technically" speaking is he probably generalizing?  Sure but if a white kid said the same thing about white folks, we'd know he was generalizing too but we'd also "get it", so to speak.

Mortal Man, my brutha? Everything you specified above is precisely what I thought when I saw the same information and reacted the same way. I saw it within an hour of the above video dropping. As you might guess, because of my family's Njia Uhuru Kipura fighting system heralding on video the techniques we saw in BP nearly a full decade before they were shown,  and my presence on YouTube and Facebook generating million+ of views per month, the numerous people with whom I not so shyly or reservedly disagreed with about many things...including BP...made it a point to come at me with the shenanigans about racist Chinese reactions.

I especially loved the Tweets and IMs about how a White person could never get away with saying and/or doing the things that the Chinese people said and did. I pointed out in stark fashion that the Chinese learned such claptrap from White people...who are STILL RIGHT NOW AS I TYPE THIS DOING EXACTLY THE THINGS THAT YOU SAID THAT WHITE PEOPLE CAN'T DO.

I also got the rah rah about how R to the H was the worst BP writer of all time and "...thank God he had nothing to do with the movie...". Did any of you get any flakk like that during the buildup to the movie?

I pointed at that extra garbage story about T'Challa getting beaten up by White kids...KIDS...and asked if the [ White ] writer was a better writer than R to the H, in the opinion of these naysayers I was fencing with. Recriminations and deflections they gave me...but no answers. I skewered them for that. Then I gave them a dozen other examples, to rub Wakanda tech bombs in their open wounds.

When asked to show ONE GOOD THING that RH did, I restrained myself from singing an aria about his jaw dropping accomplishments. I merely pointed at Shuri, the entire army of Dora Milaje, the Wakandan space program, the Black Avengers idea, the first ever Big Two adventure featuring Black heroes without any support from White heroes [ FOUR THE HARD WAY ], the first ever undebatable W of T'Challa over Wolverine [ WILD KINGDOM ], T'Challa's possession of The Ebony Blade, the first clear cut victory by a BP [ T'Chaka ] over Captain America, and the first clear cut victory by T'Challa over [ a injured but still very formidable ] Steve Rogers Captain America in Civil War. Mark Millar being influenced by Hudlin and pointedly having T'Challa tell the still forming ILLUMINATI not to tread upon the path they contemplate, for it would surely lead to ruin...and being right. I pointed at Zombie Universe Wakanda staving off the Zombies [ Hudlin didn't write that!! Screecheth the haters. T'Challa wouldn't've even been included in such a company wide event in the first place, much less recorded said feat in the second place, had Hudlin's contract not specified such, quoth I. Curses, foiled again!! Snarled the haters ]. I pointed at the upgrade of Klaw, the presence of Fred Sandford and Grady [ White folks were like: "Whuh? Who are Sandford and Grady?" ], T'Challa being included in a respectful and mythos forward propelling way in Marvel's Events, other big name writers like ELLIS [ who's apparently a on again off again closet White supremacist ] writing respectfully about T'Challa and including T'Challa in their stories and thus introducing T'Challa to a ton of Marvel readers who never heard of BP as well as integrating BP across company wide stories so BP isn't segregated into a self contained world revolving around Wakanda and just ignored by everyone else. As if T'Challa's was utterly devoid of significance or impact whatsoever outside of the pages of his own book ,which was most definitely the case...even during Priest's legendarily magnificent run. The first proof that T'Challa's genius as a scientist was deeply respected and not to be underestimated, by even the heretofore keenest minds of the MU. The absolute best origin story and rework of Power Man of all time. The best treatment of Brother Voodoo outside of Rick Remender upgrading him to Doctor Voodoo. The bestest Falcon outside of Priest's pen. The bestest Monica, period. Etc etc.

By the time I finished? Crickets. Haters were silenced.

And oh yeah...BP then crushed the domestic USA market for another record and is within sight of being the all time greatest USA hero movie no matter what when it overtakes Avengers prior to next weekend.

You see, they were trying to indirectly manipulate me into mentioning Ororo so they could go off on how they hate the Storm-BP marriage and derail the convo, but I wasn't having any.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #2830 on: March 18, 2018, 06:33:35 pm »
With that said, an 81% drop doesn't really mean anything to me until I know how much Thor: R, GotG2, and Spider-man Homecoming dropped.

Spider-Man HC: 85%

Strange: 48%

thats all i can find quickly

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: March 18, 2018, 07:27:05 pm »

Mortal Man, my brutha? Everything you specified above is precisely what I thought when I saw the same information and reacted the same way. I saw it within an hour of the above video dropping. As you might guess, because of my family's Njia Uhuru Kipura fighting system heralding on video the techniques we saw in BP nearly a full decade before they were shown,  and my presence on YouTube and Facebook generating million+ of views per month, the numerous people with whom I not so shyly or reservedly disagreed with about many things...including BP...made it a point to come at me with the shenanigans about racist Chinese reactions.

I especially loved the Tweets and IMs about how a White person could never get away with saying and/or doing the things that the Chinese people said and did. I pointed out in stark fashion that the Chinese learned such claptrap from White people...who are STILL RIGHT NOW AS I TYPE THIS DOING EXACTLY THE THINGS THAT YOU SAID THAT WHITE PEOPLE CAN'T DO.

I also got the rah rah about how R to the H was the worst BP writer of all time and "...thank God he had nothing to do with the movie...". Did any of you get any flakk like that during the buildup to the movie?

I pointed at that extra garbage story about T'Challa getting beaten up by White kids...KIDS...and asked if the [ White ] writer was a better writer than R to the H, in the opinion of these naysayers I was fencing with. Recriminations and deflections they gave me...but no answers. I skewered them for that. Then I gave them a dozen other examples, to rub Wakanda tech bombs in their open wounds.

When asked to show ONE GOOD THING that RH did, I restrained myself from singing an aria about his jaw dropping accomplishments. I merely pointed at Shuri, the entire army of Dora Milaje, the Wakandan space program, the Black Avengers idea, the first ever Big Two adventure featuring Black heroes without any support from White heroes [ FOUR THE HARD WAY ], the first ever undebatable W of T'Challa over Wolverine [ WILD KINGDOM ], T'Challa's possession of The Ebony Blade, the first clear cut victory by a BP [ T'Chaka ] over Captain America, and the first clear cut victory by T'Challa over [ a injured but still very formidable ] Steve Rogers Captain America in Civil War. Mark Millar being influenced by Hudlin and pointedly having T'Challa tell the still forming ILLUMINATI not to tread upon the path they contemplate, for it would surely lead to ruin...and being right. I pointed at Zombie Universe Wakanda staving off the Zombies [ Hudlin didn't write that!! Screecheth the haters. T'Challa wouldn't've even been included in such a company wide event in the first place, much less recorded said feat in the second place, had Hudlin's contract not specified such, quoth I. Curses, foiled again!! Snarled the haters ]. I pointed at the upgrade of Klaw, the presence of Fred Sandford and Grady [ White folks were like: "Whuh? Who are Sandford and Grady?" ], T'Challa being included in a respectful and mythos forward propelling way in Marvel's Events, other big name writers like ELLIS [ who's apparently a on again off again closet White supremacist ] writing respectfully about T'Challa and including T'Challa in their stories and thus introducing T'Challa to a ton of Marvel readers who never heard of BP as well as integrating BP across company wide stories so BP isn't segregated into a self contained world revolving around Wakanda and just ignored by everyone else. As if T'Challa's was utterly devoid of significance or impact whatsoever outside of the pages of his own book ,which was most definitely the case...even during Priest's legendarily magnificent run. The first proof that T'Challa's genius as a scientist was deeply respected and not to be underestimated, by even the heretofore keenest minds of the MU. The absolute best origin story and rework of Power Man of all time. The best treatment of Brother Voodoo outside of Rick Remender upgrading him to Doctor Voodoo. The bestest Falcon outside of Priest's pen. The bestest Monica, period. Etc etc.

By the time I finished? Crickets. Haters were silenced.

And oh yeah...BP then crushed the domestic USA market for another record and is within sight of being the all time greatest USA hero movie no matter what when it overtakes Avengers prior to next weekend.

You see, they were trying to indirectly manipulate me into mentioning Ororo so they could go off on how they hate the Storm-BP marriage and derail the convo, but I wasn't having any.

The haters get so desperate, all of their negative narratives about black excellence and black profitability [domestic and overseas] has blown up in their faces.. so they essentially try to scrap for moral victories.

Must of the dissension i've witnessed revolved more so around TNC, between the old fans and the "new" fans, than Hudlin.  Post-movie, nobody really talks about TNC tho.  Mostly it's just dealing with some of these nonsensical ideas ppl have had for the sequel.  As a result i pretty much ignore the comic community and just do my best with on-boarding the new bp fans

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: March 18, 2018, 07:30:58 pm »

Spider-Man HC: 85%

Strange: 48%

thats all i can find quickly

See, something like this is very telling.  Without context a narrative spinner can be like "WOW black panther plummets a MASSIVE 81% with [selectively chosen] RACIST reviews about the movie"!

Whereas in actually Black Panther had a smaller 2nd week drop than the movie with crown jewels of Marvel Spider-Man and Iron Man teamup flick.

So clearly Dr. Strange >>>>>> Black Panther >> Spider-man/Ironman

When it comes to box office staying power in China :P

Offline mrkareemruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: March 18, 2018, 07:36:40 pm »

When will my people wake up? No non-black people are your friend.

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: March 18, 2018, 08:17:36 pm »
The Chinese...

::)

Ok, first let me say I tried giving them the benefit of the doubt after the strong opening. And I was going to follow through on my end by condemning the white-washing of asian culture and the emasculation of asian males...

But naaaah, f*ck that.  "Too politically correct" but yet they flock to any sh*tty movie like the Great Wall where subpar asian actors and cgi-sh*t asian backdrops are included simply to capitalize on the Chinese's willingness to watch gutter trash so long as they can see images of themselves?  The irony isn't lost on anyone.

Bitch about MJ and Liz being brown girls but not a peep about Peter's chubby friend being asian. 

Make commercials and tv shows equating afrikans as animals [while trying to force their overpopulated asses into expanding to afrikan countries] and get mad defensive when "westerners" call em out on that sh*t... but yet be the first ones to throw a hissy fit and demand this Lebron James commercial be banned from China

! No longer available

Equating afrikans to animals = fun and games with stereotypes 
Lebron having fun and games with asian sorcerers and lusty anime chicks = offensive and disrespectful

Well I say Disney needs to go ahead and cast Namor as a South Korean actor and Iron Fist is better than Shang Chi ever was  :P

Can't be better said..
Pull List