Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - BP2 Wakanda Forever  (Read 940291 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: CIVIL INFINITY - BLACK PANTHER CINEMA BETWEEN THE WARS AND BEYOND
« Reply #2880 on: April 27, 2018, 09:00:37 am »
MILD SPOILERS...

Saw Avengers Infinity Wars at last night's advanced screening. Russo Brothers delivered another good film by once again showcasing how adept they are at handling a large ensemble of superheroes. Plot and motivations held up. Action and emotional investment permeated the film while not obfuscating levity.

Avengers, Guardians, Dr. Strange, Spider-man and Black Panther all represented. Some stand outs were Thor getting to be a true powerhouse. Wanda going all in, Gamora doing badass and Wakanda demonstrating why prep works. Notable explanations were provided for those super heroes not present.

As with the preceding Avengers' movies Iron Man represents himself well both in and out of the armor. Speaking of armors, those who think Shuri is the smartest person in the MCU may have that perception challenged. Shuri's nano-tech Black Panther habit does not have the performance and capabilities of Stark's bleeding edge nano-tech suit.

Thanos joins the elite rank of successful live action Marvel villains, keeping company with the Kingpin, Purple Man, Cotton Mouth and Killmonger.

I would have liked some more mingling and mixing of superheroes but I'm greedy.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline mrkareemruiz

• View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: April 27, 2018, 12:05:37 pm »
MILD SPOILERS...

Saw Avengers Infinity Wars at last night's advanced screening. Russo Brothers delivered another good film by once again showcasing how adept they are at handling a large ensemble of superheroes. Plot and motivations held up. Action and emotional investment permeated the film while not obfuscating levity.

Avengers, Guardians, Dr. Strange, Spider-man and Black Panther all represented. Some stand outs were Thor getting to be a true powerhouse. Wanda going all in, Gamora doing badass and Wakanda demonstrating why prep works. Notable explanations were provided for those super heroes not present.

As with the preceding Avengers' movies Iron Man represents himself well both in and out of the armor. Speaking of armors, those who think Shuri is the smartest person in the MCU may have that perception challenged. Shuri's nano-tech Black Panther habit does not have the performance and capabilities of Stark's bleeding edge nano-tech suit.

Thanos joins the elite rank of successful live action Marvel villains, keeping company with the Kingpin, Purple Man, Cotton Mouth and Killmonger.

Keep dreaming, film was to long with alot of filler. Shuri is smarter then Stark made canon by Producers.

Offline Lord Morph

• View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: April 27, 2018, 09:08:39 pm »
MILD SPOILERS...
[/b][/size]

Not really. They pretty much answered the  intelligence debate during the scene with Vision. Plus, being a walking tank has always been Tony's schtick not T'Challa's. Giving the habit all that flashy gadgetry would be dumb and ridiculous. T'Challa is a superpowered hand-to-hand fighter. His gadget use has always been quite minimal because he can normally make do without them. I also can't see the MCU version  signing off on putting nanites in his body.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: April 29, 2018, 06:32:24 am »
MILD SPOILERS...
[/b][/size]

Not really. They pretty much answered the  intelligence debate during the scene with Vision. Plus, being a walking tank has always been Tony's schtick not T'Challa's. Giving the habit all that flashy gadgetry would be dumb and ridiculous. T'Challa is a superpowered hand-to-hand fighter. His gadget use has always been quite minimal because he can normally make do without them. I also can't see the MCU version  signing off on putting nanites in his body.

Just a general comment or two--Being more intelligent is not something proven by a feat or tech invented.  George could invent a better Widget than Julian, but Julian is still smarter.  For example, Reed has never invented a suit of armor superior to Tony's but no one thinks Tony is smarter than Reed. (And yes, Reed has invented Exo-skeletons before.)

Second comment--THere is a movie thread in films and Reggie has said "NO SPOILERS until Monday"
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 06:34:50 am by KIP LEWIS »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2884 on: April 29, 2018, 12:21:49 pm »
MILD SPOILERS...

Keep dreaming, film was to long with alot of filler. Shuri is smarter then Stark made canon by Producers.

Pump the hate breaks mrkareemruiz.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2885 on: April 29, 2018, 12:22:03 pm »
MILD SPOILERS...
[/b][/size]

Not really. They pretty much answered the intelligence debate during the scene with Vision. Plus, being a walking tank has always been Tony's schtick not T'Challa's. Giving the habit all that flashy gadgetry would be dumb and ridiculous. T'Challa is a superpowered hand-to-hand fighter. His gadget use has always been quite minimal because he can normally make do without them. I also can't see the MCU version  signing off on putting nanites in his body.

I'm team Black Panther, so Shuri being smarter than Stark is less problematic than T'Challa not even being at the genius table. It would be obtuse to even think of Black Panther becoming another armored superhero. That being said... T'Challa, the prep master he was originally introduced as should have a habit that is technologically equipped as the lack of such (as demonstrated in the pre-Priest era) severely handicapped this "super powered hand-to-hand fighter."

If we're talking genius why didn't Shuri have multiple purpose nano tech weaponry instead of two hand gauntlets for herself? MCU Shuri is not so encumbered with a particular schtick and as a technophile working with nanotech would do well to outfit herself accordingly. This is why I'm a proponent of show don't tell. Based upon their on screen accomplishments an argument can be made that Stark is the greater intellect.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: April 29, 2018, 12:34:08 pm »
Spoiler (click to reveal)
If I remember correctly, Stark, when explaining the suit said he picked it up... then got cut off. He might have gotten the idea/sample from Wakanda.  As they've been open for approx. two years. Then customized it.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2887 on: April 29, 2018, 01:05:18 pm »
Spoiler (click to reveal)
If I remember correctly, Stark, when explaining the suit said he picked it up... then got cut off. He might have gotten the idea/sample from Wakanda.  As they've been open for approx. two years. Then customized it.

Good point.

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: April 29, 2018, 08:56:15 pm »
MILD SPOILERS...
[/b][/size]

Just a general comment or two--Being more intelligent is not something proven by a feat or tech invented.  George could invent a better Widget than Julian, but Julian is still smarter.  For example, Reed has never invented a suit of armor superior to Tony's but no one thinks Tony is smarter than Reed. (And yes, Reed has invented Exo-skeletons before.)

Second comment--THere is a movie thread in films and Reggie has said "NO SPOILERS until Monday"

It's Sunday night....embargoes are off, let's get it on!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2889 on: May 01, 2018, 02:23:51 am »

I saw Avengers Infinity War a second time on Sunday and the shock and awe attributed to the first viewing was greatly diminished. Still a good film but the emotional depth was not there, specifically related to who died at the end and in the depiction of their deaths. I know the core Avengers are perceived to be needed to defeat Thanos in next year's sequel but so much could have been felt if Stark died from the wound he received from Thanos or Cap from that punch to the head (delivered Cochise of Cooley High slow motion style). Their deaths would greatly reduce the need to suspend disbelief.

The death of Spider-Man and Black Panther were mitigated by the fact of their upcoming sequels. Ther are few things worst in cinema than a meanigless death of a major character. I cite Captain Kirk and Han Solo. This is why killing Stark would have been so powerful. It could have rivaled one of SciFi's greatest death scenes... the death of Spock. Both Iron Man and Captain America's deaths have the gravitas if done right for repeated viewing.

There was something to be said about the way Thanos literally laid hands on Loki, breaking his neck; Gamora, throwing her off a precipice; and Vision, cracking his skull open and then him loosing all color like Optimus did when he died. All three superbly visceral. Peter's death scene would have worked much better if his body had not disintegrated. the bodies of the dead should have remained to really drive home the sense of loss and despair. I guess the dematerializing was easier for the audience (especially children) to handle.

I think they should have shown more fire power from Wakanda. Strafing runs by Talon and Dragon flies; the armored rhinos gorging and trampling;  the protection totems rising from the ground. All in all a missed opportunity. The force fields should have been shown to be impenetrable and fully protecting the city. The whole battle fought in the boarder region. Both Shuri and Stark are grossly ill prepared in their respective home bases, both of which lack defense systems. Some geniuses.

Speaking of strategic thinking... why didn't T'Challa have the Vision housed on Panther island or some secure location far from Wakanda and or the main city. Why would he endanger all those Wakandans? Need I mentioned Black Panther killing Black Dwarf on screen, single handed.

Yea, its still Wakanda Forever.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 10:05:12 am by Ture »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: May 01, 2018, 05:10:07 am »

There was something to be said about the way Thanos literally laid hands on Loki, breaking his neck; Gamora, throwing her off a precipice; and Vision, cracking his skull open and then him loosing all color like Optimus did when he died. All three superbly visceral. Peter's death scene would have worked much better if his body had not disintegrated. the bodies of the dead should have remained to really drive home the sense of loss and despair. I guess the dematerializing was easier for the audience (especially children) to handle.

Speaking of strategic thinking... why didn't T'Challa have the Vision housed on Panther island or some secure location far from Wakanda and or the main city. Why would he endanger all those Wakandans? Need I mentioned Black Panther being allowed to kill Black Dwarf on screen single handed.

yea, its still Wakanda Forever. [/b][/size]

1) the disappearance was what happened in the comics.  Even though it was quicker in the comics, it's one of the few things that directly came out of Infinity Gauntlet. 

2) He couldn't remove Vision, because Shuri needed her lab to disconnect Vision from the mind stone.  Plus, not enough time.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2891 on: May 01, 2018, 08:08:45 am »

Speaking of strategic thinking... why didn't T'Challa have the Vision housed on Panther island or some secure location far from Wakanda and or the main city. Why would he endanger all those Wakandans? Need I mentioned Black Panther being allowed to kill Black Dwarf on screen single handed.

1) the disappearance was what happened in the comics.  Even though it was quicker in the comics, it's one of the few things that directly came out of Infinity Gauntlet. 

2) He couldn't remove Vision, because Shuri needed her lab to disconnect Vision from the mind stone.  Plus, not enough time.

1) The MCU is not moored to the specificity of the comics. T'Challa's absent genius level intellect proof of such.

2) Vision should have never been in Wakanda in the first place with the stakes that high, let alone in an unprotected research facility. A nation as vast and advanced as Wakanda having only one unsecured lab to perform surgery on Vision, seriously stretches the credulity of Wakanda's technological prowess and strategic capabilities.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: May 01, 2018, 08:30:49 am »
Hmm, I wonder, are the disappearances actually deaths? Or more of an undoing? As though reality shifted to an alternate universe in which half of the sentient beings (I guess) just no longer exist? Or maybe never existed? (although the survivors are remorseful so they remember.) I find these kinds of fiction physics questions interesting but maybe it's just me...
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2893 on: May 01, 2018, 10:01:18 am »
Hmm, I wonder, are the disappearances actually deaths? Or more of an undoing? As though reality shifted to an alternate universe in which half of the sentient beings (I guess) just no longer exist? Or maybe never existed? (although the survivors are remorseful so they remember.) I find these kinds of fiction physics questions interesting but maybe it's just me...

You are not alone. I was thinking that this may all be part of Dr Strange's plan with regards to the one scenario in which the heroes have a victory. Not dead but transplanted somewhere or somewhen else. The problem with such a large mega plot is details are lost. If T'Challa is dead would he not be with his father and ancestors? What role does Bast play in all this? I find these kinds of spiritual/metaphysical questions interesting but maybe it's just me...  ;)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: May 01, 2018, 10:13:34 am »

1) The MCU is not moored to the specificity of the comics. T'Challa's absent genius level intellect proof of such.

2) Vision should have never been in Wakanda in the first place with the stakes that high, let alone in an unprotected research facility. A nation as vast and advanced as Wakanda having only one unsecured lab to perform surgery on Vision, seriously stretches the credulity of Wakanda's technological prowess and strategic capabilities.

T'Challa is a genius still bas he created his Vibranium microweave (possibly even the EMP beads used in his Solo) It's just he is King anb protector so he can't tinker on a lab like Shuri or Stark can. As for vision, I think maybe because they didn't want the city itself to be in harm's way so they went more low-key. Or just you know plot reasons and stuff  :)