Author Topic: CIVIL INFINITY - BLACK PANTHER CINEMA BETWEEN THE WARS AND BEYOND  (Read 241985 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: CIVIL INFINITY - BLACK PANTHER CINEMA BETWEEN THE WARS AND BEYOND
« Reply #2895 on: May 01, 2018, 11:55:04 am »

There was something to be said about the way Thanos literally laid hands on Loki, breaking his neck; Gamora, throwing her off a precipice; and Vision, cracking his skull open and then him loosing all color like Optimus did when he died. All three superbly visceral. Peter's death scene would have worked much better if his body had not disintegrated. the bodies of the dead should have remained to really drive home the sense of loss and despair. I guess the dematerializing was easier for the audience (especially children) to handle.

Speaking of strategic thinking... why didn't T'Challa have the Vision housed on Panther island or some secure location far from Wakanda and or the main city. Why would he endanger all those Wakandans? Need I mentioned Black Panther being allowed to kill Black Dwarf on screen single handed.

yea, its still Wakanda Forever. [/b][/size]

1) the disappearance was what happened in the comics.  Even though it was quicker in the comics, it's one of the few things that directly came out of Infinity Gauntlet. 

2) He couldn't remove Vision, because Shuri needed her lab to disconnect Vision from the mind stone.  Plus, not enough time.

1) The MCU is not moored to the specificity of the comics. T'Challa's absent genius level intellect proof of such.

2) Vision should have never been in Wakanda in the first place with the stakes that high, let alone in an unprotected research facility. A nation as vast and advanced as Wakanda having only one unsecured lab to perform surgery on Vision, seriously stretches the credulity of Wakanda's technological prowess and strategic capabilities.

T'Challa is a genius still bas he created his Vibranium microweave (possibly even the EMP beads used in his Solo) It's just he is King anb protector so he can't tinker on a lab like Shuri or Stark can. As for vision, I think maybe because they didn't want the city itself to be in harm's way so they went more low-key. Or just you know plot reasons and stuff  :)

I think MCU Black Panther is a genius whose talents they've yet to expound on. Far as the Vibranium microweave goes I would like to see the specs that differentiate it from what his father wore; maybe hint at a young T'Challa designing his father habit as a prototype of his own; demonstrate the Vibranium microweave's advanced technology.

That's just it, the city was in harm's way. T'Challa has brought WMDs to Wakanda in comics and now in a film. This doesn't bode well for T'Challa's strategic capabilities and advanced prep work. I concur with the idea that T'Challa designed and built the EMP beads but the rationale that he is too busy to develop new tech and pursue further scientific inquiry is incredulous. I think it is more akin to plot reasons... and stuff.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: May 01, 2018, 12:27:35 pm »
Hmm, I wonder, are the disappearances actually deaths? Or more of an undoing? As though reality shifted to an alternate universe in which half of the sentient beings (I guess) just no longer exist? Or maybe never existed? (although the survivors are remorseful so they remember.) I find these kinds of fiction physics questions interesting but maybe it's just me...

You are not alone. I was thinking that this may all be part of Dr Strange's plan with regards to the one scenario in which the heroes have a victory. Not dead but transplanted somewhere or somewhen else. The problem with such a large mega plot is details are lost. If T'Challa is dead would he not be with his father and ancestors? What role does Bast play in all this? I find these kinds of spiritual/metaphysical questions interesting but maybe it's just me...  ;)
Maybe it's just you and me but I'm with you. And I suspect we're not alone... :)
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: May 01, 2018, 03:12:41 pm »
Hmm, I wonder, are the disappearances actually deaths? Or more of an undoing? As though reality shifted to an alternate universe in which half of the sentient beings (I guess) just no longer exist? Or maybe never existed? (although the survivors are remorseful so they remember.) I find these kinds of fiction physics questions interesting but maybe it's just me...

You are not alone. I was thinking that this may all be part of Dr Strange's plan with regards to the one scenario in which the heroes have a victory. Not dead but transplanted somewhere or somewhen else. The problem with such a large mega plot is details are lost. If T'Challa is dead would he not be with his father and ancestors? What role does Bast play in all this? I find these kinds of spiritual/metaphysical questions interesting but maybe it's just me...  ;)
Maybe it's just you and me but I'm with you. And I suspect we're not alone... :)

IIRC Rick Jones said he thinks he met Elvis while he was dead in Infinity Gauntlet, so T'Challa could very well be with his father.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: May 01, 2018, 04:43:27 pm »

There was something to be said about the way Thanos literally laid hands on Loki, breaking his neck; Gamora, throwing her off a precipice; and Vision, cracking his skull open and then him loosing all color like Optimus did when he died. All three superbly visceral. Peter's death scene would have worked much better if his body had not disintegrated. the bodies of the dead should have remained to really drive home the sense of loss and despair. I guess the dematerializing was easier for the audience (especially children) to handle.

Speaking of strategic thinking... why didn't T'Challa have the Vision housed on Panther island or some secure location far from Wakanda and or the main city. Why would he endanger all those Wakandans? Need I mentioned Black Panther being allowed to kill Black Dwarf on screen single handed.

1) the disappearance was what happened in the comics.  Even though it was quicker in the comics, it's one of the few things that directly came out of Infinity Gauntlet. 

2) He couldn't remove Vision, because Shuri needed her lab to disconnect Vision from the mind stone.  Plus, not enough time.

1) The MCU is not moored to the specificity of the comics. T'Challa's absent genius level intellect proof of such.

2) Vision should have never been in Wakanda in the first place with the stakes that high, let alone in an unprotected research facility. A nation as vast and advanced as Wakanda having only one unsecured lab to perform surgery on Vision, seriously stretches the credulity of Wakanda's technological prowess and strategic capabilities.

T'Challa is a genius still bas he created his Vibranium microweave (possibly even the EMP beads used in his Solo) It's just he is King anb protector so he can't tinker on a lab like Shuri or Stark can. As for vision, I think maybe because they didn't want the city itself to be in harm's way so they went more low-key. Or just you know plot reasons and stuff  :)

I think MCU Black Panther is a genius whose talents they've yet to expound on. Far as the Vibranium microweave goes I would like to see the specs that differentiate it from what his father wore; maybe hint at a young T'Challa designing his father habit as a prototype of his own; demonstrate the Vibranium microweave's advanced technology.

That's just it, the city was in harm's way. T'Challa has brought WMDs to Wakanda in comics and now in a film. This doesn't bode well for T'Challa's strategic capabilities and advanced prep work. I concur with the idea that T'Challa designed and built the EMP beads but the rationale that he is too busy to develop new tech and pursue further scientific inquiry is incredulous. I think it is more akin to plot reasons... and stuff.

I think, going forward with a bigger budget, we will definitely see Tchalla expand on his genius though I think his strategic genius was on full display in his Solo TBH. The reason I say he is too busy is because, unlike comics, live action has to deal with time. It would be very difficult to show Tchalla tinkering in a lab while also running the county and going on missions. Hence another reason I think Coogler made Shuri the one in the lab all the Time. She isn't queen, she isn't competing to become Black panther and it separates her from T'Challa.

Fiege has said Tchalla and Wakanda is going to be the new anchor going forward in the MCU so while it's not good to see them invaded, it's good they are go to be a focal point

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2899 on: May 02, 2018, 07:53:52 am »
Newly Released Deleted Scene from Marvel's Black Panther

The first deleted scene from Marvel's Black Panther has been released by director Ryan Coogler and it's a pretty intense one that features some powerful performances by Danai Gurira and Daniel Kaluuya.

The scene involves Okoye, the leader of the Dora Milaje, and her husband W'Kabi, leader of the border tribe of Wakanda as they disagree over who they support as the leader Wakanda after Erik Killmonger (Michael B. Jordan) beat T'Chala (Chadwick Boseman) in the battle for leadership and where Wakanda would go after his death. It's explained by USA Today:

Okoya, who heads the all-female fighting force the Dora Milaje, is mad at W’Kabi after he helped Killmonger gain entry into the Tribal Council room, but W’Kabi is equally furious that his friend T’Challa (who ends up being OK) had promised and failed to bring vibranium thief Ulysses Klaue (Andy Serkis) to justice. Instead, Killmonger brought Klaue's dead body, as well as a plan to arm the oppressed all over the world and make Wakanda — long pretending to be a third-world country to protect their vast technological resources from the rest of the globe — a true superpower.
Coogler loves the scene but explains that they had to cut because it didn't work inside the confines of the film. When talking about it with Empire, producer Nate Moore said:

"Unfortunately, it occurred at a point in the movie where audiences just wanted to get to the resolution and so it slowed down a part of the movie and we were afraid audiences were checking out. We were also afraid if we took it out we’re going to ruin this movie—‘guys we’re going to ruin this movie; let’s not take it out.’ We didn’t take it out for three or four screenings and we finally took it out and I think Ryan and I were probably the last men on that beach saying don’t take it out."
Watch the clip below and Black Panther will be released digitally on May 8th and on Blu-ray and DVD on May 15th.

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/life/movies/2018/05/01/exclusive-black-panther-deleted-scene-discusses-wakandas-future/568947002/

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2900 on: May 02, 2018, 07:54:14 am »

I think, going forward with a bigger budget, we will definitely see Tchalla expand on his genius though I think his strategic genius was on full display in his Solo TBH. The reason I say he is too busy is because, unlike comics, live action has to deal with time. It would be very difficult to show Tchalla tinkering in a lab while also running the county and going on missions. Hence another reason I think Coogler made Shuri the one in the lab all the Time. She isn't queen, she isn't competing to become Black panther and it separates her from T'Challa.

Fiege has said Tchalla and Wakanda is going to be the new anchor going forward in the MCU so while it's not good to see them invaded, it's good they are go to be a focal point

I don't think a bigger budget is required to highlight the Black Panther's genius. "Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave... with a box of scraps!" A line or two would have and will suffice. I did not find T'Challa's strategic and advanced planning on full display in his solo film. If one wants to say the reason for such is this MCU version is younger and less experienced, so be it.

How difficult would it be to either add four minutes, reduce a superfluous scene's time or just rewrite an existing scene using the same amount of time.  My version of the lab scene where Shuri explains why his vibranium micro weave is inferior to her necklace housed nano-tech uniform which can store and redistribute kinetic energy has T'Challa counter by stating he has updated his uniform. It is composed of textured shadow particles which constantly absorb ambient energy and is housed in an invisible body web. Further more stating he doesn't have to wait to get punched to discharge energy. It is just a matter of what one wants to put on screen. The time is there. This is fiction, there are no limits.

Being invaded is not a problem. How said invasion is handled is where the debate would lie. Force field being a sphere extending miles underground protecting Wakanda is smart. Force field strong enough to prevent penetration and repel horde is smart. Thanos' ship coming into orbit and firing on Wakanda's protective sphere with enough firepower to destroy a planet begins cracking the shield. Some of the horde break through. Battle rhinos charge. Wakanda launches fleet of Talon fighters. Evacuation protocols initiated. Wakandans board N'Yami class battle cruisers. Being invaded can be cool.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: May 02, 2018, 05:47:25 pm »
it wasn't a BP movie so we wouldn't be getting a huge amount of focus on Wakandan tech like N'Yami motherships and such.

As for the convo Shuri talked about hos CW habit the one Tchalla confirmed he created. Having the conversation you mention would only make Shuri useless.nif T'Challa made a better habit why showcase hers I. The first place? What I think could of worked is a more direct answer to whether the EMP beads were T'Challas design. It appears to be so, but not concrete

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2902 on: May 03, 2018, 02:46:28 pm »
it wasn't a BP movie so we wouldn't be getting a huge amount of focus on Wakandan tech like N'Yami motherships and such.

As for the convo Shuri talked about hos CW habit the one Tchalla confirmed he created. Having the conversation you mention would only make Shuri useless.nif T'Challa made a better habit why showcase hers I. The first place? What I think could of worked is a more direct answer to whether the EMP beads were T'Challas design. It appears to be so, but not concrete

A huge amount of focus is not necessary, just a glance of an N'Yami battle cruiser and some of the previously mentioned tech would suffice. Shuri would be far from useless as she still gets credit for unlimited range Kimoyo communication devices, T"challa's "sneakers", her panther gauntlets, sand table, possibly improving the EMP beads and  fixing two broken white boys. It is T'Challa who may be seen as technologically and inventively useless. Give the Black Panther something... the suit, the talon fighter... sheeesh, Shuri even gets to fix the Vision.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: May 03, 2018, 04:55:24 pm »
I agree. Another solution could of been that Shuri says "So I have the equipment Ready from the design you gave me, I took the liberty of adding an additional update" to which Tchalla would reply "You and updates" showing that, though Shuri created the habits, she did so based off T'Challas designs he gave her, and the update she added could be the energy absorption. Then the whole scene plays out how it did in the movie. Establishes both ste geniuses.

As for military, MoS brought up a good point in a different forum

Quote from: MindofShadow;3639296
Another thing I was thinking about... Wakanda's whole military is based on defense in the MCU. They don't conquer, they don't participate in outside wars. Their military advancements should reflect that.

A big ass shield makes sense. They are essentially 100% immune to any sort of bombing, aircraft fire, ect[/spoil] You can't defeat Wakanda military wise unless you come right to their doorstep and they let you in. Ain't no human going to [spoil]throw themselves in a vaporazing shield

So what kind of military craft should they really have? It doesn't make sense to have a large airforce... you aren't going to bomb your own country and they have no reason to engage in any sort of dogfights thanks to the shield. Aircraft carriers would be pointless. Subs would be pointless. Basically any naval stuff would be pointless because they only water is a land locked lake I do believe.

Artillary of some sort would make sense aimed just inside the shield. I am not sure how beneficial tank type crafts are for military defense in such a small area.

They want you to match up with them man vs man in an open field because they believe they will gut you where you stand.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2904 on: May 03, 2018, 08:15:37 pm »
I agree. Another solution could of been that Shuri says "So I have the equipment Ready from the design you gave me, I took the liberty of adding an additional update" to which Tchalla would reply "You and updates" showing that, though Shuri created the habits, she did so based off T'Challas designs he gave her, and the update she added could be the energy absorption. Then the whole scene plays out how it did in the movie. Establishes both ste geniuses.

As for military, MoS brought up a good point in a different forum

Quote from: MindofShadow;3639296
Another thing I was thinking about... Wakanda's whole military is based on defense in the MCU. They don't conquer, they don't participate in outside wars. Their military advancements should reflect that.

A big ass shield makes sense. They are essentially 100% immune to any sort of bombing, aircraft fire, ect[/spoil] You can't defeat Wakanda military wise unless you come right to their doorstep and they let you in. Ain't no human going to [spoil]throw themselves in a vaporazing shield

So what kind of military craft should they really have? It doesn't make sense to have a large airforce... you aren't going to bomb your own country and they have no reason to engage in any sort of dogfights thanks to the shield. Aircraft carriers would be pointless. Subs would be pointless. Basically any naval stuff would be pointless because they only water is a land locked lake I do believe.

Artillary of some sort would make sense aimed just inside the shield. I am not sure how beneficial tank type crafts are for military defense in such a small area.

They want you to match up with them man vs man in an open field because they believe they will gut you where you stand.

I too agree with what you set up. The point being to reflect on screen T'Challa's genius. MoS put forth another interesting segue to our conversation. I want to think on that some more.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2905 on: May 06, 2018, 10:22:26 pm »
Things We Learned from the ‘Black Panther’ Blu-ray Special Features
Posted by Mary Anne Butler

[b]Black Panther changed the MCU, without a doubt. From shattering box office expectations to inspiring a new generation of heroes, director Ryan Coogler created something for everyone with his Wakanda film.[/b]

I’ve personally been really looking forward to getting my hands on the home release of the film, so I could dive back into the incredibly rich visual world, and hopefully learn a thing or two from the special features.  (You guys know of course how much I dig those.)

The digital and Blu-ray release of Black Panther comes loaded with special features: five featurettes for the film, a gag reel, deleted scenes, a director’s commentary (and intro), as well as the “10 Years of Marvel” featurette that’s also on the Thor: Ragnarok release.

My only *real* complaint is that once again, it feels like certain aspects are glossed over. Namely: the costumes and incredible hair design. Designer Ruth Carter (whom we’ve interviewed) and her team really outdid themselves with the mixture of different African tribal representations and technology, and I was hoping for a deeper dive into that process.  You can find those videos elsewhere, which still seems strange to me, why not just put them all together?

Also, not a single mention of the score, the use of drums and tribal instruments to create the tone. Weird omission.

Yes, there have been several videos released since the film was in theaters about the subject, and I guess I’m just surprised that studios aren’t pulling all of those things together into the BTS selections.

I digress. Here’s what we learned while watching the special features:

Crowning A King:

Kevin Feige talks about Civil War, introducing Black Panther along with the other first time introduced characters.
“We know we loved him and wanted him to be a part of the MCU.” – Nate Moore, producer
Ryan Coogler: “Biggest departure, not just comic books, but in movies in general.”
Vibranium and Wakanda are important to the MCU in general
All these MCU films stand apart; it’s not on an alien planet or deep mythological roots like Thor, it’s right here on Earth. An entire movie that focuses on his world.” – Kevin Feige
Coogler: “He’s dealing with the loss of his father both on a personal and professional level — the biggest promotion of his life.”
In the African culture there is a huge reverence for your ancestors. The ring is his talisman; it represents his father and his responsibilities as King now.
Chadwick Boseman: “He has to look out for an entire nation, for their place in the world.”
Feige touches on the Black Panther’s roots, his political history, and his being “smarter and stronger than the other heroes.”
Danai Gurira says the film is deeply loyal to the African tradition — who they become as a people as they progress. Marvel films deeply interact.

The Hidden Kingdom Revealed:

A look at Wakanda, the world there. “It’s a bit other worldly, not like Asgard, but not like anything we’ve seen,” Moore says.
Coogler: A big part is staying out of the spotlight, in the shadows.
Winston Duke calls Wakanda different than anything we’ve ever seen and powerful
Chadwick says that Ryan had a very specific view of Wakanda, what he wanted to show and see.
Ryan wrote the film while visiting Africa. He sent photos and shells and clothing to production designers.
Ruth Carter’s (love her!) work comes from a place of African culture and fantasy and imagination
Wakanda was pulled from both publishing and the real world
Letitia Wright: The film takes inspiration from tribes all over the content
Winston talks about how the wooden structures of the mountain tribe is an embodiment of how grounded the tribe is to the earth
Daniel Kaluuya talks about watching filming, the different people working together
They use the native language of John Kani, who played T’Chaka
Beth McGuire, dialogue coach: They wanted M’Baku’s tribe to sound different, so from West Africa for language
Chadwick points out that Wakanda is made of different tribes with different points of view and different goals. People who don’t believe that Wakanda should be out there in the world.
Ruth says the story is relevant, we need to bring some life back to the differences in our cultures, we all live here, we all live here together.
Letitia says the film will stand out, because it embraces African culture.
Lupita Nyong’o says Wakanda is something to aspire to, something we could be and should be.

The Warrior Within:

Female leadership is prominent; his circle is filled with women, his advisors are women. Women at the forefront.
Angela Basset says her dream was to show an African American woman as a queen. “Being a mother, I understand. Knowing the strengths and weaknesses, and supporting him.”
Ryan says that Angela, Letitia, and Chadwick felt like a real family
Letitia says Shuri is the mind, T’Challa goes out and fights with his body.
Nakia is very much T’Challa’s equal, but some natural friction.
Lupita: “If they were on Facebook, their relationship status would be ‘it’s complicated’.”
Winston: She’s dangerous and strong and independent
I felt secure with them, Chadwick says of Lupita and Danai
Okoye is Wakanda’s James Bond.
The stunt team says they had months of trying to find enough women to fill out the Dora
Ryan says women are the backbone of any society
Winston says the women as leaders, as warriors, women not limited by conventional ideas of felinity, they’re beautiful capable and deadly. All these things, they’re not confined to any one stereotype.

Exploring The Technology:

Ryan says Wakanda is a fantasy of what Africa could be if it were in charge of its own resources.
Some really nice close shots of the design of the Dora spears
Hannah Beachler, production designer, says she took pieces from Jack Kirby’s ideas and brought them into the 20th Century. “We didn’t want them to be spaceships, but we wanted them to be luxurious; all the bells and whistles that vibranium could give them.”
Chadwick says that being a world leader is not a job the normal heroes have
Winston says that Wakanda is the hero, and that Vibranium is their super power.

From Page to Screen: A Black Panther discussion with the writers and filmmakers:

Christopher Priest, writer on Black Panther comics, says the film works on all different levels. “Bring the kids to this one. The comics showed what a progressive thinker Stan Lee was and still is to this day.”
Don McGregor writer on Black Panther comics, says when he was given the book, “they believed it was going to die, that he wasn’t an important character. We were able to do what we did on it, because they didn’t read it, so we were able to put things in.”
Ta-Nehisi Coates talks about the death of T’Challa in the comics, how in the ’70s no one was doing something like that, and “continued to be revolutionary in this film.”
Moore says the team at Marvel was very small; there weren’t “lawyers reading scripts.”
Joe Robert Cole, one of the writers on the film, mentions that there were so many people “pouring their hearts into finding the best way to tell the story of this character.”
Ryan says he likes to start out films with a question. This one was: what does it mean to be African? “I tried to ground the film in the Continent, much like how the MCU is grounded in the real world.” Borders, identity, conflict.
Don takes a moment on a personal level to exclaim about having Angela Bassett play a character he wrote. “Wow! Okay, I’m happy, I can die happy now.”
Seriously, this is the type of thing I was hoping for from the special features. Fans of the Black Panther comics will want to pick up the disc for this discussion alone.
Ryan says that he identified more with Killmonger at first, “I have both these characters living inside of me. I think every black person has them inside of them.”

Gag reel:

Lots of dancing.
“Exciting sh*t happenin’ up in here,” says Angela.
Normal line flubs, some props not cooperating.
Wish it was 18 times longer.

The Deleted Scenes:

A visit to the United Nations, T’Challa arriving with Okoye and Nakia, Ross warning T’Challa not to do the reveal of Wakanda. Ross says he’ll do his best to keep the world off his back. Ross responds with some butchered words of Wakanda’s language, and it’s adorable. It should have stayed in.
The scene with Nakia and M’Baku fighting, which you can see here.
A scene of T’Challa coming back from the dream plane, telling Forrest Whittaker about seeing his father, about words of wisdom from T’Chaka.
A scene with young Nakia and T’Challa sneaking visiting the Wakandan city of the dead, finding T’Chaka there, who tells T’challa about a tough choice he had to make. Theoretically, this was on the King’s return from Oakland.

Thank you again to Disney for being awesome, and to Marvel Studios for continuing to set the tone of what superhero films can and should be. Black Panther hits digital on May 8th, with 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD release set for the 15th.

Wakanda Forever.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05/06/learned-black-panther-special-features/

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2906 on: May 16, 2018, 01:30:27 pm »
THIS MOVIE HAS TRULY INSPIRED...

Disney... take notes. ^^^

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: May 16, 2018, 04:35:47 pm »
Those look great, I like the merging of the old habit with the new tech. Looks really cool

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2908 on: May 17, 2018, 10:51:54 am »
Here's another for you Ezyo.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2909 on: May 17, 2018, 11:23:49 am »
All this internet chatter about a Black Panther sequel without T'Challa is folly. American society has been so galvanized in so called political correctness, it is almost expected that Coogler answer in the affirmative when questioned about an all female BP film. American society prides itself on showcasing victimization to such a point it borders on exploitation. Women are the current trend preceded by the gays and they in turn by the so called Blacks, a true trifecta. Ancillary affections have been applied to Hispanics and Asians. My statement are not to be misinterpreted as minimizing or ignoring the very real and destructive practices of mistreatment experienced by these groups just a criticism on how it is marketed.

The televised and streamed beatings, shootings and killing of Afrakan people is just the contemporary iteration of lynching. The abhorrent trafficking and rape of women is proof that the slave trade never went away. Lynching isn't just about murder and rape most certainly is not about sex. They are about instilling fear and hopelessness in the sufferers and desensitizing and encouraging the perpetrators of such. Afrakans shouldn't be striving to be equal to whites and women should not be striving to be equal to men as in both cases the latter is not the proper gauge and inherently distorts the attributes of the former.

This is why despite some very apparent foibles the Black Panther movie worked so well on so many levels. There was a good sense of synergy and balance between the characters and what they represented in Wakandan sans the usual, obligatory westernized/ American sensibilities that too often detract from the salient attributes of other cultures, particularly Afrakan culture. There is no real need to separate the Wakndan family, just make another, even better, film that builds on all the inherent qualities that define continental and diasporac Afrakans.