Author Topic: CIVIL INFINITY - BLACK PANTHER CINEMA BETWEEN THE WARS AND BEYOND  (Read 264744 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: CIVIL INFINITY - BLACK PANTHER CINEMA BETWEEN THE WARS AND BEYOND
« Reply #2910 on: May 17, 2018, 05:01:57 pm »
All this internet chatter about a Black Panther sequel without T'Challa is folly. American society has been so galvanized in so called political correctness, it is almost expected that Coogler answer in the affirmative when questioned about an all female BP film. American society prides itself on showcasing victimization to such a point it borders on exploitation. Women are the current trend preceded by the gays and they in turn by the so called Blacks, a true trifecta. Ancillary affections have been applied to Hispanics and Asians. My statement are not to be misinterpreted as minimizing or ignoring the very real and destructive practices of mistreatment experienced by these groups just a criticism on how it is marketed.

The televised and streamed beatings, shootings and killing of Afrakan people is just the contemporary iteration of lynching. The abhorrent trafficking and rape of women is proof that the slave trade never went away. Lynching isn't just about murder and rape most certainly is not about sex. They are about instilling fear and hopelessness in the sufferers and desensitizing and encouraging the perpetrators of such. Afrakans shouldn't be striving to be equal to whites and women should not be striving to be equal to men as in both cases the latter is not the proper gauge and inherently distorts the attributes of the former.

This is why despite some very apparent foibles the Black Panther movie worked so well on so many levels. There was a good sense of synergy and balance between the characters and what they represented in Wakandan sans the usual, obligatory westernized/ American sensibilities that too often detract from the salient attributes of other cultures, particularly Afrakan culture. There is no real need to separate the Wakndan family, just make another, even better, film that builds on all the inherent qualities that define continental and diasporac Afrakans.

As always, your every letter on these matters resonates with well thought out logic, Brother Ture. I concur with and support your opinions above.

There won't be a BP sans T'Challa as the follow up. That's just the hype train. There are more than one billion reasons to put the foot to that notion, right away.

But there WILL be a spin-off, like THE NIGHTSTALKERS would have been to The Blade franchise. But of course done infinitely better by Coogler than it was done by Goyer [ whose BLADE work I like in general ].
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:03:47 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #2911 on: May 17, 2018, 06:13:57 pm »

There was something to be said about the way Thanos literally laid hands on Loki, breaking his neck; Gamora, throwing her off a precipice; and Vision, cracking his skull open and then him loosing all color like Optimus did when he died. All three superbly visceral. Peter's death scene would have worked much better if his body had not disintegrated. the bodies of the dead should have remained to really drive home the sense of loss and despair. I guess the dematerializing was easier for the audience (especially children) to handle.

Speaking of strategic thinking... why didn't T'Challa have the Vision housed on Panther island or some secure location far from Wakanda and or the main city. Why would he endanger all those Wakandans? Need I mentioned Black Panther being allowed to kill Black Dwarf on screen single handed.

yea, its still Wakanda Forever. [/b][/size]

1) the disappearance was what happened in the comics.  Even though it was quicker in the comics, it's one of the few things that directly came out of Infinity Gauntlet. 

2) He couldn't remove Vision, because Shuri needed her lab to disconnect Vision from the mind stone.  Plus, not enough time.

1) The MCU is not moored to the specificity of the comics. T'Challa's absent genius level intellect proof of such.

2) Vision should have never been in Wakanda in the first place with the stakes that high, let alone in an unprotected research facility. A nation as vast and advanced as Wakanda having only one unsecured lab to perform surgery on Vision, seriously stretches the credulity of Wakanda's technological prowess and strategic capabilities.

T'Challa is a genius still bas he created his Vibranium microweave (possibly even the EMP beads used in his Solo) It's just he is King anb protector so he can't tinker on a lab like Shuri or Stark can. As for vision, I think maybe because they didn't want the city itself to be in harm's way so they went more low-key. Or just you know plot reasons and stuff  :)

I think MCU Black Panther is a genius whose talents they've yet to expound on. Far as the Vibranium microweave goes I would like to see the specs that differentiate it from what his father wore; maybe hint at a young T'Challa designing his father habit as a prototype of his own; demonstrate the Vibranium microweave's advanced technology.

That's just it, the city was in harm's way. T'Challa has brought WMDs to Wakanda in comics and now in a film. This doesn't bode well for T'Challa's strategic capabilities and advanced prep work. I concur with the idea that T'Challa designed and built the EMP beads but the rationale that he is too busy to develop new tech and pursue further scientific inquiry is incredulous. I think it is more akin to plot reasons... and stuff.

I'm one of the few who immediately sees why T'Challa and The Illuminati would have housed the World Killing Bombs in so-called Necropolis in Wakanda. The reason is? Neither T'Challa nor The Illuminati would trust anyone else to do as good a job defending the WKB's as they would. And...as the premier geniuses of each of their kind in the MU...they're RIGHT.

Why wouldn't they enroll a gang of other heroes? Because secrecy is paramount and the more capes who know the secret? The more the bad guys WILL hear of, learn and know of the secret. That's why most capes DON'T know each other's secret identity, too. Keeps them all safe. Imagine if Daredevil knew say...the secret ID of say Phoenix or whatever. And then went "dark" like when he led The Hand. Or when he got "broken" by Kingpin. Or if Tony Starks had files keeping the secret ID's of capes, and one of his many enemies got the drop on him and raided his secret info cache. All the bad guys know your most private bizness. I'm sure you get the point, now.

what I don't understand? Is why more defenses, misdirection, dodges, counter-infiltration etc devices weren't used to pretty much ensure that enemies couldn't waltz in and grab yon WKB's. Pocket dimensions could have been used. Magic and tech guards. IQ type puzzles that are the only way beyond unpassable defenses. Etc.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2912 on: May 22, 2018, 01:37:15 am »

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: May 22, 2018, 04:44:10 am »
>>>Ture

These are beautiful, dynamic & elegant illustrations and concepts.

Seriously.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2914 on: May 22, 2018, 11:20:55 am »
They are indeed Battle. Here are few more.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: May 22, 2018, 02:35:38 pm »
I like that first one!!!

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2916 on: May 30, 2018, 02:07:02 pm »
I like that first one!!!

That makes two of us Kip.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2917 on: May 30, 2018, 02:37:25 pm »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2918 on: June 01, 2018, 10:49:23 pm »
‘Black Panther’ Continues Reign Atop DVD, Blu-ray Disc Sales Charts
By Thomas K. Arnold

Marvel’s “Black Panther,” distributed by Walt Disney Studios, held back a pair of newcomers to handily top the home video sales charts for a second consecutive week.

The top new release on NPD VideoScan overall disc sales chart, which tracks combined DVD and Blu-ray Disc unit sales, and the dedicated Blu-ray Disc chart the week ended May 26 was 20th Century Fox’s spy thriller “Red Sparrow,” which debuted at No. 2 selling 22% as many discs as the returning superhero actioner.

“Sparrow” stars Jennifer Lawrence as a Russian ballerina who is forced into becoming a seductive secret agent after her dancing career is cut short due to injury. It earned $46.9 million at the domestic box office.

No. 3 on both charts was Warner’s “Game Night,” a comedy about a group of friends who are caught up in a life-and-death caper that they believe is an elaborate role-playing game. It took in $68.9 million at U.S. theaters.

Rounding out the top five on both charts were Universal Pictures’ “Fifty Shades Freed” at No. 4 and Fox’s “The Greatest Showman” at No. 5.

Three other new releases managed to crack the top 20, led by Warner’s “The 15:17 to Paris,” which bowed at No. 6 overall and No. 8 on the Blu-ray Disc sales chart. The Clint Eastwood-directed docudrama, which earned $36.3 million domestically, tells the story of the three American servicemen (playing themselves) who foiled a terrorist attack on a European train in 2015.

Universal’s re-release of the four “Jurassic Park” films in a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray boxed set pushed the “Jurassic Park Collection” back onto the charts at No. 15 overall and No. 11 on the Blu-ray charts. The new 4K edition accounted for 73% of total unit sales of the four-movie set. A fifth film, “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom,” is slated for theaters June 22.

Among the new releases, “Red Sparrow” saw 62% of its total copies sold in the Blu-ray format, with 12% of the total being in the UHD format. Blu-ray accounted for 48% of “Game Night” and “I Kill Giants” sales, 45% for “15:17 to Paris,” and 50% for “Early Man.”

For the second week of “Black Panther,” Blu-ray contributed 68% to its total copies sold, with 11% from UHD Blu-ray.

On the Media Play News rental chart for the week ended May 27, “Game Night” debuted at No. 1, with “Black Panther” slipping a spot to No. 2.

Warner’s “12 Strong” dropped to No. 3, while Sony Pictures’ Peter Rabbit and Universal’s Den of Thieves held onto No. 4 and No. 5, respectively.

“Early Man” entered the rental chart at No. 10.

John Latchem is executive editor of Media Play News.

Top 20 NPD VideoScan First Alert chart for the week ended 5/26/18:

1. Black Panther
2. Red Sparrow (new)
3. Game Night (new)
4. Fifty Shades Freed
5. The Greatest Showman
6. The 15:17 to Paris (new)
7. Star Wars: Episode VIII — The Last Jedi
8. Peter Rabbit
9. Deadpool
10. Thor: Ragnarok
11. I Kill Giants (new)
12. Early Man (new)
13. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
14. 12 Strong
15. Jurassic Park Collection
16. Coco
17. Maze Runner: The Death Cure
18. Rick and Morty: Season 3
19. Spider-Man: Homecoming
20. Justice League

Top 10 Media Play News rental chart for the week ended 5/27/18:

1. Game Night (new)
2. Black Panther
3. 12 Strong
4. Peter Rabbit
5. Den of Thieves
6. Fifty Shades Freed
7. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
8. The Greatest Showman
9. Maze Runner: The Death Cure
10. Early Man (new)

For complete sales and rental charts, visit MediaPlayNews.com

LEAVE A REPLY
12 STRONG
BLACK PANTHER
GAME NIGHT
JOHN LATCHEM
JURASSIC WORLD
MARVEL
MEDIA PLAY NEWS
PETER RABBIT
RED SPARROW

https://variety.com/2018/digital/news/black-panther-continues-reign-atop-dvd-blu-ray-disc-sales-charts-1202827673/

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: June 01, 2018, 11:34:21 pm »
Beautiful artwork. The first and third images are my favorites

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2920 on: June 04, 2018, 07:07:22 pm »
The movie that keeps on giving...

Boy Rejoices After Getting Black Panther-Themed Prosthetic Leg

A young boy received the surprise of a lifetime after being gifted a prosthetic leg adorned with imagery from Marvel’s Black Panther. The boy, Mikey, hopped out of his seat with excitement when Milton Purnell handed him his newly designed leg featuring an image of T’Challa (Black Panther’s real name) the king and protector of the fictional African nation of Wakanda.  Purnell created the artwork for the leg and watched on as Mikey did a little jig when he tried it on.

The video, which was posted to Facebook on May 31, has gone viral serving as an example of Black boy joy and the importance of representation. Black Panther is the first superhero of African descent in mainstream American comic books. The film featured a mainly Black cast and became the top-grossing superhero film of all time in North America.

Watch the video above to see Mikey’s heartwarming reaction.

http://www.ebony.com/top-stories/boy-rejoices-black-panther-themed-prosthetic-leg

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2921 on: June 19, 2018, 11:22:11 am »

Wakanda forever. Marvel Studios' "Black Panther" took home FOUR awards at the MTV Movie & TV Awards! Watch the film on Digital, Movies Anywhere, Blu-ray, and 4K UHD today: http://bit.ly/witnessthelegend

https://www.facebook.com/BlackPantherMovie/videos/1647999951984380/

https://www.facebook.com/BlackPantherMovie/videos/1647999951984380/

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2922 on: June 25, 2018, 07:31:33 pm »

Killmonger got some serious competition.

Bushmaster going for that number one spot.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: June 25, 2018, 08:11:30 pm »

Killmonger got some serious competition.

Bushmaster going for that number one spot.

The actor for Bushmaster does a really good job. His uncle had a powerful scene talking to him in the restaurant.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2924 on: June 26, 2018, 02:54:05 pm »
All I can say is 2018... The Year of Super Hero Black Excellence!

BLACK PANTHER

LUKE CAGE

BLACK LIGHTNING

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 05:28:22 pm by Ture »