Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER CINEMA - Count Down to BP2  (Read 372761 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER CINEMA
« Reply #3091 on: August 02, 2019, 10:39:23 am »

Namor Introduced in Black Panther 2 Movie Poster by BossLogic
By Nico Parungo

Now that rumors of Namor appearing in Black Panther 2 have spread, fans are hoping that the Atlantean anti-hero actually shows up in the sequel. After all, the two characters have a lot of history together in the comics and it will be interesting to see how they portray that in the MCU. Kevin Feige did announce that a sequel to the film is being made and weíre hoping it lives up to our lofty expectations, especially after how good the first one was.

Superfan and amazing photoshop artist BossLogic has decided to imagine what a Black Panther sequel poster would look like and he gave us a perfect one. Calling the film Black Panther: Two Kings, a great name, by the way, he shows us a possible logo and Namorís iconic trident in the middle.

Itís pitch-perfect and we would like to see Marvel take this title and concept, though we arenít sure if they will. For all we know, the sequel could just focus on another Black Panther villain we havenít seen yet, like some of the newer ones from Ta-Nahesi Coatesí run. Still, Namor is an awesome character and we would love to see him as an antagonist to TíChalla, just like in the comic books.

Currently, no release date for Black Panther 2 has been released. It will likely be a phase five movie unless Marvel has plans to speed up its release ala Spider-Man: Homecoming

http://epicstream.com/news/NicoParungo/BossLogic-Imagines-an-Epic-Black-Panther-2-Poster-With-Namor-as-The-Villain
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3092 on: August 02, 2019, 09:42:14 pm »

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: August 03, 2019, 01:14:52 pm »
Sweet bast that is some great cosplay, the ladies looking absolutely stunning...

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #3094 on: August 16, 2019, 05:28:54 pm »
So we're going to have a multiyear break before the next BP movie comes out. In the interim, seems like our leading light for Afrakan heroics will be Anthony Mackie's new Falcon-cum-Captain America. I don't see any projects named WAR MACHINE or any major WAR MACHINE TV stuff or streaming series coming on. No Doctor Voodoo, which is kinduva surprise what with the whole "horror" thing Marvel has going with GHOST RIDER and HELLSTROM. No Okoye or Shuri stuff, no live action Miles Morales stuff that I'm aware of. Seems like the only brutha holdin it down for us that we know of right now is Falcon. We'll have to wait til 2021 for even the hope of LUKE CAGE [ and the rest of the excellent NETFLIX MARVEL stuff ] coming back.

Soooo...does anyone know if there'll be some Afrakan heroics worth watching between now and the return of BP, BLADE, etc in the MCU?

Btw. The sleeper star in all of this? Mess around and be the [ highly underrated ] Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. Thoughts?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: August 16, 2019, 05:53:51 pm »
So we're going to have a multiyear break before the next BP movie comes out.

Thoughts?

I'm O.K. with this decision, Supreme.

As I've written before, MARVEL Studios is doing in cinema exactly what MARVEL comics was doing on the bookstands...

--- expanding their universe and introducing new characters.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: August 17, 2019, 02:11:08 pm »
So we're going to have a multiyear break before the next BP movie comes out.

Thoughts?

I'm O.K. with this decision, Supreme.

As I've written before, MARVEL Studios is doing in cinema exactly what MARVEL comics was doing on the bookstands...

--- expanding their universe and introducing new characters.

I agree with the Strategy [ avoids superhero fatigue, expands properties ]  but have some issues about some of its execution. And I would like there to be a bit more to "hold us over" til next time. When does BP show up even in Disney animation stuff? Where are The Avengers, The X-Men, The F4 in all this? Where's Iron Fist, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and their spin off characters in this? Where's Cloak and Dagger and THE RUNAWAYS in this?

Will there be a YOUNG AVENGERS [ answer: almost certainly YES ]? will it be a TV property?

We're looking at a dearth of Black male hetero super types tho. Can Anthony Mackie rock a PROGRESSIVE PRO-BLACK Falcon? If they bring CJP FALCON which is the GOAT FALCON? Yeah. If not? uhhhh...NO.

And RH LUKE CAGE IS STILL THE GOAT LUKE CAGE. No doubts.

And somebody GET A CLUE and HAVE LUKE CAGE BE AN EXPERT IN 52 BLOCKS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1mR05qY-yM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T89g-DgS-3A
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: August 17, 2019, 06:46:29 pm »
>>>Supreme

re: 52 Blocks starring Mark Parra, D'ialo Frazier & Kevin Dowell

Ah!  :)
That was very impressive!    8)

That street fighter style that dude demonstrated came straight from the 1970s; Jab/block, block/block, block/block, block/block... 

I know that fighting style.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: August 18, 2019, 09:42:17 am »
Speaking of street fighting:

Imaginary Street Fighters

Real Street Fighters

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: August 18, 2019, 04:47:21 pm »
>>>Supreme

re: 52 Blocks starring Mark Parra, D'ialo Frazier & Kevin Dowell

Ah!  :)
That was very impressive!    8)

That street fighter style that dude demonstrated came straight from the 1970s; Jab/block, block/block, block/block, block/block... 

I know that fighting style.

Gave me fond memories too, man! Peep the head butt and hair pulling game, too. In the '70's and '80's, we threw hand combinations, kicked, kneed, body slammed, tackled, tripped and swept people way more in scraps than the out of shape kids do nowadays. Our head movement was better, and every block had a Bruce Lee, Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Deebo, Laila Ali, Claressa Shields, and a bunch of people who were second third and fourth to the above.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: August 19, 2019, 05:06:02 am »
So we're going to have a multiyear break before the next BP movie comes out. In the interim, seems like our leading light for Afrakan heroics will be Anthony Mackie's new Falcon-cum-Captain America. I don't see any projects named WAR MACHINE or any major WAR MACHINE TV stuff or streaming series coming on. No Doctor Voodoo, which is kinduva surprise what with the whole "horror" thing Marvel has going with GHOST RIDER and HELLSTROM. No Okoye or Shuri stuff, no live action Miles Morales stuff that I'm aware of. Seems like the only brutha holdin it down for us that we know of right now is Falcon. We'll have to wait til 2021 for even the hope of LUKE CAGE [ and the rest of the excellent NETFLIX MARVEL stuff ] coming back.

Soooo...does anyone know if there'll be some Afrakan heroics worth watching between now and the return of BP, BLADE, etc in the MCU?

Btw. The sleeper star in all of this? Mess around and be the [ highly underrated ] Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. Thoughts?

Agents of Shield has one more season and Henry Simmons' Mack has been prominent on there. Also, there's still Runaways and Cloak and Dagger. When it comes to touting MCU diversity the television shows don't get the credit they might deserve up to this point.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: August 19, 2019, 02:39:34 pm »

Agents of Shield has one more season and Henry Simmons' Mack has been prominent on there. Also, there's still Runaways and Cloak and Dagger. When it comes to touting MCU diversity the television shows don't get the credit they might deserve up to this point.

Well said. I rocks with Henry Simmons since way back...since ABOVE THE RIM, back in like what was that? 1995? 1994? And one of Tyler Perry's Madea movies. I think he isn't given the options that he deserves. And it's crazy to think that he and I both are 49. He is winning at Life much more than I am, lol.

But still...that's just not enough. Cloak on Cloak and Dagger isn't hard enough. Isn't MAN enough. Neither is what'shisname on RUNAWAYS. I like both characters and support both actors, but...they're just too soft, man. They don't carry that Black man PHYSICAL swag, that CULTURAL identification and soul, that HARDCORENESS, man. They're very much new age new kid compromised...and packed with that new age cross over appeal which is so important for success nowadays.

But bottom line? Them kids just not hard enough.

Mack? Is with the biz but he's not WITH THE BIZ like Blade is, you know? Or Black Panther. Hell, I'm starving for HAWK [ A MAN CALLED HAWK, SPENSER FOR HIRE  ] to come back...even though it's a helluva lot to expect some foolish Millenial to hope to have a shot at doing a younger Hawk any kind of justice. Or writers of this era to do Hawk any justice.

Hawk remains the best dressed. Coolest. Baddest. Smartest. Most Woke. Most Ahead of His Time. Dopest cars drivingest. Biggest Colt Python revolver carryingest. Man to ever hit the small screen.

"You can't surprise me Spenser, you're too White."--HAWK

HAWK was where got his BLADE SHADES from. For rillz.

That's it, man. Let's start this. BRING BACK "A MAN CALLED HAWK"! Hell, BRING BACK SPENSER FOR HIRE!! BRING EM BOTH BACK!! LET'S START A PETITION.

But which one of these young bucks...BESIDES MICHAEL B. JORDAN WHO WOULD TURN DOWN ANY OPTION TO PLAY HAWK ANYWAYS...could actually rock Hawk with a serious Morpheus+John Wick upgrade in physicality and weaponry, but without sacrificing the iconic Cool, Wokeness, and amazing acting skill of Avery Brooks infused Hawk?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 02:51:53 pm by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: August 19, 2019, 05:53:02 pm »

But still...that's just not enough. Cloak on Cloak and Dagger isn't hard enough. Isn't MAN enough.

Yeah...  You're right, Supreme.   

He's strugglin'... HARD.   Not giving us what we want.  :-\

Didn't wanna say anything foul last season of 'Cloak & Dagger' because of politeness; haven't seen one episode this season either.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: August 19, 2019, 06:00:16 pm »
They're both high school age, grew up within privilege, and are starting out without a Tony Stark type mentor.

I wouldn't expect them to have any swag for at least a decade of crime fighting.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: August 19, 2019, 06:13:38 pm »
They're both high school age, grew up within privilege, and are starting out without a Tony Stark type mentor.

I wouldn't expect them to have any swag for at least a decade of crime fighting.

I know whatcha sayin'...

I really do.

It's just that the actor who plays Cloak doesn't seem focused for the role.  :-\