Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MEDIA - Recast or The Two Killings of T'Challa the Black Panther  (Read 569803 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
I would personally love the Netflix Defenders to be conscripted into the MCU. And everyone else mentioned above.

Yeah, I agree.  I'd loved to see 'The Defenders' with the MCU treatment, Supreme.  :)

But I maintain that Marvel isn't stupid enough to kill Chadwick onscreen, when they could recast T'Challa.

I agree.

That would be cruel; I trust T'Challa will not be killed off, at all.   

That's just not going to happen.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The Blerd Cave #82 | Black Panther 2 Filming Soon, Black Lightning Canceled, Plus More!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4aNAoaskpI

Blerd Without Fear shares his thoughts, starting around 18:25

Marvel Says Black Panther Is Already Dead In The MCU - Black Panther 2 Update From Marvel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61mD6ruoLUY

Black Panther 2 Will Have 2 NEW Black Panthers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXBLIOicHlQ

http://www.yahoo.com/news/black-panther-2-set-start-160219247.html

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/black-panther-2-reportedly-start-003919715.html

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/black-panther-sequel-reportedly-begin-022037371.html

« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 06:54:47 am by Emperorjones »

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Lol the video claiming two Black Panthers, the source is from Grace Randolph... The same person who claimed a few weeks back that her "inside source" confirmed that T'Challa was going to be CGI'd in and killed at the start of the movie.. I swear, people are so dense

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Regarding BP 2? Not believin jack...or jill... until the trailers start droppin for the ALREADY FINISHED movie.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Lol the video claiming two Black Panthers, the source is from Grace Randolph... The same person who claimed a few weeks back that her "inside source" confirmed that T'Challa was going to be CGI'd in and killed at the start of the movie.. I swear, people are so dense

Now I can't speak on her 'inside info' on Panther but I think she's gotten some other scoops right, or close to it (I want to say she's been on it when it came to the Snyder Cut and Snyder even does interviews with her). Though I do recall now the director of Harley Quinn taking a swipe at Randolph also for what she said would be in the film that wasn't in the film.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I mean sure,you can get lucky with guesses, but what she has reported for bp has been false.. every Time, they generally just fling out a bunch of nonsense In hopes something sticks so they can claim they were right, whole simultaneously ignoring the other 10 things they were wrong about. Frankly, anything from her or We got this covered, I take as utter BS. What's worse is that people don't research and start believing this stuff.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I mean sure,you can get lucky with guesses, but what she has reported for bp has been false.. every Time, they generally just fling out a bunch of nonsense In hopes something sticks so they can claim they were right, whole simultaneously ignoring the other 10 things they were wrong about. Frankly, anything from her or We got this covered, I take as utter BS. What's worse is that people don't research and start believing this stuff.

You'll get no argument here from me here. I also agree that people should do their own research. I haven't been looking at what Randolph has said about BP though I do look at her program from time to time, generally more before the pandemic because I liked her going over the weekend box office.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Ezyo,

Grace Randolph is back, just for you, with a Thanksgiving feast of news. She must have heard you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkFB3VfHz1w

Mentions when BP2 shooting starts around 7:20; she gets more into BP2 around 10:15.

I disagree with Randolph here on making M'Baku a Black Panther. For one, that takes away him being White Gorilla (I don't like the name Man-Ape, and I thought RH gave him a much needed name makeover), but mostly because Winston Duke, despite being a big guy just comes across as being a bit soft-perhaps on purpose. He used comic timing to great effect in the first Black Panther, but I can't shake how his character was in Us, and I could see Coogler, Marvel going that route with M'Baku to make sure he doesn't outshine Shuri's BP. He could be the brawn, but not that bright, and still would get upstaged by Shuri-BP and especially the Dora Milaje. Randolph definitely misreads Panther fandom if she thinks a fun loving BP would be embraced, though to be fair, like with any hardcore fandom, it's just a small group of the people who would buy tickets and a fun loving, M'Baku-BP, a big black man who's a pussycat inside is really the kind of character that has gone over well countless times.

If they were going to have another male BP beside Shuri, I would rather go with W'Kabi. He had an edge in the first movie. I think he would not compliment Shuri as much as M'Baku would personality wise, but he also might not defer to her as much as I suspect a M'Baku-BP would either. W'Kabi would present more of a personality and ideological difference for Shuri and the audience.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:58:26 pm by Emperorjones »

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Wow she is so far out of touch with reality it's staggering. This video reminded me very much why I dislike her when it comes to anything BP related. The stuff she speed is utter nonsense and further shows people will day whatever to get views and clicks.

The appeal of BP is that it's not afraid to break away from the MCU formula and actually take itself seriously. T'Challa isn't out cracking jokes left and right, it's bot afraid to ask tough questions and make you think and it doesn't undervalue a serious moment or scene with jokes like the others. BP is a serious with some light humor. That's how it should stay. IF Shuri and M'Baku took the mantle like she claims then you essentially get Thor rag. A Buddy cop movie that focuses on making the next joke. Because that's how the characters have been established.

She goes on again to mention her two source's with the CG after Marvel already came out and said they aren't doing that.. I mean.. why are people still believing what she's saying again? And this whole sacrifice himself at the start in some "beautiful" tribute is just morbid, poor taste and frankly stupid. The greatest BP of all time has been killed 3 times in under 10 years?? Miss me with that whole "respect" angle. That's creeping into Coatesville T'Challa. A recast is likely what is being done given the timing and it's what should be done to actually honor Chad.

Sorry but this makes my blood boil when I see this come up

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Finally read through Steven Barnes' take on recasting T'Challa. He made a lot of good points, as have others on this thread, and used some powerful language. There were some things he didn't get quite right (far as I recall Bill Duke's Bolivar Trask did survive in X-Men: The Last Stand and Captain Marvel was set in the 1990s instead of the 1970s) but overall he got a lot more right, or that I agreed with.

Over a decade ago now his blog influenced a lot of how I see entertainment and the depiction of black people and it's good that he's still dissecting entertainment along that line.

I also wanted to chime in because I'm reading Gorgon Child now. I had read the first book in the trilogy a very long time ago, and then the last book, Firedance, so I want to complete the trilogy. I recall getting the first book because I liked the premise on the back cover, but while reading it, it dawned on me that Aubry Knight was actually a black character and that definitely hooked me. Knight is one of the only black male science-fiction heroes in literature that I've seen, read, or know about, not counting media tie-in stuff like Star Trek, and even there, there's Sisko, Geordi, and Tuvok primarily (and you can throw in Mayweather too) so there are still not many. And for black females, there's Uhura and now Burnham; of course I'm not really counting the supporting characters who might show up in a book like Paul Winfield's Clark Terrell, or black characters originally created for the Trek novels, but I think you catch my drift. And there are even less black males, and especially females, in Star Wars novels-especially back in the day-though Disney Star Wars has been diversifying their books and comics in ways the old EU didn't, though also pushing an "SJW" agenda in ways the old books and comics didn't either. Stargate also had novels, and comics, so there were chances that Teal'c and Teyla got stories, but I would need to look into that. I doubt that Herb Jefferson's Boomer ever got a comic story, and I'm sure not a novel, about him, and then he got erased in the new Battlestar Galactica, and substitued with Dualla in terms of black representation, a character they wrote out even before the series was over, a major waste of Kandyse McClure. I do remember that Dualla got one important storyline in a comic ("The Returners"), involving her brother, which I think was better, from what little I read of it, than anything I saw them give her on the series, with new BSG also not having any prominent main black male characters (not counting guest stars like Bill Duke and Carl Lumbly). I do think that The Orville's Chief Engineer LaMarr got a two-issue storyline (it appears that all Orville comics are set up that way so it wasn't an intentional short changing) in that comic series, so there's that.

Even today I'm not sure there are that many straight black male characters or black male characters period (I'm talking about main characters here, not supporting characters or sidekicks, or those pushed to the side for female, or other, characters) in genre literature, even though there are a lot more black fantasy, horror, and science fiction writers out there. This is just anecdotal on my part but it seems like that there are far more books that feature black females and/or black LGBTQ characters than straight black men in genre fiction today, which is how it's going in mainstream entertainment. Horror/thriller writer Brandon Massey is one though that will feature straight black male characters. If anything I think there might be more straight black male characters in mystery/crime fiction, and also street lit (but I feel that today's street lit is geared more toward female readers unlike stuff like Donald Goines or Iceberg Slim), whereas writers like Walter Mosely (I was at a bookstore event for Mosely once where he said his motivation for writing was to create black male heroes, which he has made good on), Gary Phillips, and Gar Anthony Haywood have no problem creating straight black male protagonists.

I still admire what Barnes has done and what he has to say. So far, my favorite book from him has been Lion's Blood. I have yet to read the sequel, but Lion's Blood was an epic work. I would love to see the Aubry Knight trilogy on the big or small screen. I mean, this could be the role Michael Jai White was made for.

An insightful and well written post Emperorjones. You know your sci-fi. You went in so deep I thought you were about to drop Land of the Giants'  Don Marshall aka Lieutenant Boma of "The Galileo Seven."
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Excerpt Taken from 2018's Superheroes That Will Die In Avengers 4 Article

Considering how popular Shuri has become since the release of Black Panther, it's likely comic book fans worried for her throughout Avengers: Infinity War. Marvel readers know that T'Challa's sister held the mantle of Black Panther in the comics for some time, and eventually sacrificed her life fighting Thanos' Cabal in the Time Runs Out mini-event leading up to 2015's Secret Wars.

Of course, what's true in the comics has proven time and again to not necessarily be true in the movies. However, if Shuri were to die in Avengers 4, it could lead to an interesting opportunity for Black Panther 2.

When writer Ta-Nehisi Coates helped relaunch the Black Panther comic in 2016, he ended the first issue by revealing that T'Challa was struggling with how to bring Shuri back from the dead. Eventually, Shuri did return and with powers connected to the ancestral origins of Wakanda.

Part of the unique nature of Wakanda is the blending of space-age technology and tribal mysticism. If Shuri were to die in Avengers 4 and return in a fashion similar to her comic book resurrection, it would give director Ryan Coogler a chance to explore the more mystic side of Wakanda's roots.

https://marvelmoviesnews.com/superheroes-that-will-die-in-avengers-4

So for all those clamoring for comic book accuracy and demanding Shuri take the mantle of Black Panther here's a sneak peek of what they could translate on screen.

WAKANDA IN RUINS... POSSIBLY BY FLOOD?!?

T'CHALLA AND SHURI ON THE RUN?!?

SHURI'S UNNECESSARY SACRIFICE?!?

DON'T WORRY THERE IS NO WAY SHE'LL BE ON HER KNEES... W'KABI!!!

THE CLASSIC NOBLE SACRIFICE AND OFF SCREEN SLAYINGI!!!

WHEN NEXT WE SEE SHURI SHE'S IN THE ANCESTRAL PLAIN BUT DON'T WORRY SHE IS STILL THE BLACK PANTHER. ALL THAT'S LEFT IS TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO KILL T'CHALLA AND WHO GOT NEXT?

For all the A.G.E.N.D.A. pushers you may witness the demise of not only T'Challa but Shuri as well. It called killing two Black Panthers ("Black" heroes, "Black" characters) with one vibranium stone. Yea I said it.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Excerpt Taken from 2018's Superheroes That Will Die In Avengers 4 Article

Considering how popular Shuri has become since the release of Black Panther, it's likely comic book fans worried for her throughout Avengers: Infinity War. Marvel readers know that T'Challa's sister held the mantle of Black Panther in the comics for some time, and eventually sacrificed her life fighting Thanos' Cabal in the Time Runs Out mini-event leading up to 2015's Secret Wars.

Of course, what's true in the comics has proven time and again to not necessarily be true in the movies. However, if Shuri were to die in Avengers 4, it could lead to an interesting opportunity for Black Panther 2.

When writer Ta-Nehisi Coates helped relaunch the Black Panther comic in 2016, he ended the first issue by revealing that T'Challa was struggling with how to bring Shuri back from the dead. Eventually, Shuri did return and with powers connected to the ancestral origins of Wakanda.

Part of the unique nature of Wakanda is the blending of space-age technology and tribal mysticism. If Shuri were to die in Avengers 4 and return in a fashion similar to her comic book resurrection, it would give director Ryan Coogler a chance to explore the more mystic side of Wakanda's roots.

https://marvelmoviesnews.com/superheroes-that-will-die-in-avengers-4

So for all those clamoring for comic book accuracy and demanding Shuri take the mantle of Black Panther here's a sneak peek of what they could translate on screen.

WAKANDA IN RUINS... POSSIBLY BY FLOOD?!?

T'CHALLA AND SHURI ON THE RUN?!?

SHURI'S UNNECESSARY SACRIFICE?!?

DON'T WORRY THERE IS NO WAY SHE'LL BE ON HER KNEES... W'KABI!!!

THE CLASSIC NOBLE SACRIFICE AND OFF SCREEN SLAYINGI!!!

WHEN NEXT WE SEE SHURI SHE'S IN THE ANCESTRAL PLAIN BUT DON'T WORRY SHE IS STILL THE BLACK PANTHER. ALL THAT'S LEFT IS TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO KILL T'CHALLA AND WHO GOT NEXT?

For all the A.G.E.N.D.A. pushers you may witness the demise of not only T'Challa but Shuri as well. It called killing two Black Panthers ("Black" heroes, "Black" characters) with one vibranium stone. Yea I said it.

This is yet ANOTHER BRILLIANT ESSAY by Ture. This brutha must have a spin on the Old Skool Dungeons and Dragons Bucknard's Ever Full Purse [ always stayed full of loot no matter how many coins you spent from it ] https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2t3wz?ADD-1E2E-Bucknards-Everfull-Purse...but instead of being filled with precious gems, jewelry and valuable items? Brother Ture's Bag of Holding is Ever Filled with DOPE ESSAYS PACKED WITH PENETRATING THOUGHTS AND BRILLIANT OBSERVATIONS FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF A PROUD, STRONG, GENIUS LEVEL AFRAKAN MALE.

As for Marvel? They. Bet. Not. Remove T'Challa. I really don't see them doing that. Disney? Will not throw over a franchise NETTING MORE THAN $1B per picture, just to hate on US...because we'll carry our $1B to some other depiction which DOES bring us a BP like figure. 
« Last Edit: Today at 01:51:30 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Disney? Will not throw over a franchise NETTING MORE THAN $1B per picture, just to hate on US...because we'll carry our $1B to some other depiction which DOES bring us a BP like figure.

"Mm-Hmm...Yep!"