Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MEDIA - Recast or The Two Killings of T'Challa the Black Panther  (Read 648764 times)

Online supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Feige speaks again:

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/black-panther-2-kevin-feige-112528334.html

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/kevin-feige-discusses-future-black-051603750.html

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/marvel-boss-kevin-feige-black-020640648.html

We lose Kobe, T'Chadwick, MF Doom, and way too many others. We have this unapologetically racist, infinitely incompetent autocrat as our 45th President flaming the fans of White supremacists and Republican powermongers plus their psychopathic cohorts actually assault The Capitol Building...tallying some 5 police deaths, so there's not even the most flimsy veneer of authenticity to these same insurrectionists claim that #bluelivesmatter when THEY are the ones TAKING these Blue Lives [ and THEY HAVE BOTH THREATENED TO TAKE BLUE LIVES AND ACTUALLY TAKEN BLUE LIVES MULTIPLE TIMES...AT LEAST 6 TIMES...PRIOR TO THIS ] of police officers. These same horrific creatures are actually and truthfully responding in fury to the fact that Afrikan American voters handed the political "trifecta" [ The White House, Senate AND House ] to the allegedly Progressive Democratic Party.

And now? Feige says that T'Challa won't be recast. And while I'm deeply suspicious of Feige? And racist Disney? I don't think that this decision by him is necessarily the deathknell for T'Challa. The REAL determination as to the fate of T'Challa will be the EXPLANATION for T'Challa's absence.

And that explanation? Is already in MCU canon. Brethren, I virtually guarantee you that BP 2 will chronicle the events befalling Wakanda IMMEDIATELY AFTER "THE SNAP". Remember that I and others brought this up several times before? Because in The Snap. Literally right there? We have the ALREADY ACCEPTED BY THE AUDIENCE explanation as to T'Challa's absence, and truthfully? We have a burning need to determine and discover what happened during this time. In this way? Disney allows we the public to mourn our fallen T'Chadwick AND fall deeper in love with the massive array of characters and culture within Wakanda itself. It's utterly vital to turn Wakanda itself into a distinct character and world of amazing adventure unto itself [ like Asgard, as I have said before ] that is the incarnation of multiple real life continental Afrikan gods, legends, real life and legendary events largely unknown by the rest of the world. If properly presented? We already know the reactions of the rest of said world: they will continue to fanatically consume all things of Afrikan culture, as they have already catapulted Afrikan culture to the pinnacle of the most monetized and most powerful social and popular cultures of the world. BP 2 will continue to introduce the very heart of Afrikan culture and its infinite power to educate, elevate, enthrall, capture, excite, and amaze the nonAfrikan world while infusing we Afrikans with not only all of the foregoing but also the huge power of much needed pride, representation, resurging cultural identity, etc. This path will make BP2 a SMASHING SUCCESS, on a par with BP 1.

But here's the danger: if this second installment by Coogler IS a major success without T'Challa; that very success? Could possibly threaten the RETURN of T'Challa for BP 3. There is every possibility that T'Challa may not return for BP 3 and instead be replaced by Shuri, as he was canonically replaced by Shuri during Hudlin's reign. This...combined with the coming inflammatory events that will grip the USA as violent and extremist factions of White America react with greater fear, fury, intolerance and desperation to The Browning of America and the simultaneous rise of Black Power...could very well empower the continuance of the narrative sans T'Challa for BP 3.

Here's where the internal politics of Disney really weighs heavily, and Coogler doesn't have any real power in that process. Because if it were up to Coogler? I'd have zero fears. Coogler has made it clear that he is a T'Challa fan down to the very roots and dregs of his soul. He'd bring T'Challa back before BP 3 ended.

But Feige? I don't trust him. Not his ALTRUISM, anyway. And we all know that Disney is racist, so none of us trust Disney any further than we can throw The Capitol Building. BP 2 will break a billion dollars, and merely by doing so? Will be hailed a colossal success. Just as other wise men on this board predicted it would be; just as geniuses like Brother Ture, Emperorjones, our Brother Kimoyo, and others predicted. And well BP 2 SHOULD be hailed as a mind-blowing success. A record smashing, barriers breaking success...BECAUSE IT IS VIRTUALLY GUARANTEED TO BE EXACTLY THAT. The first ever superhero story led by not just ONE Black woman but by BLACK WOMEN OF DIFFERENT GENERATIONS. Wonder Woman...the first gender barrier crushing, worldwide monster hit which I watched and supported...hit 821 million dollars gross.

Shuri? Is going to CRUSH that. She'll lead us to a billie plus. #blackgirlmagic, y'all. And I'm all for that. I'm here for that. I will watch that movie 3 times, just like I watched BP 1 three times in the studio.

But if they use #blackgirlmagic to foist upon us this faux "either/or" dichotomy of having EITHER a magnificent Afrikan female superhero led franchise OR a magnificent Afrikan male superhero led franchise INSTEAD of a magnificent AFRIKAN superhero saturated franchise with both genders represented powerfully and respectfully...as Wakanda was intended to be? Bluntly stated, if they don't restore T'Challa or feature T'Challa by BP 3? I will NEVER watch a MCU movie again. Eff Feige.

Now. Do I think that such is likely to happen? Again, right now I don't think so but truthfully it's a decision that's still up in the air. It's up to the performance of BP 2, the cultural and political mood of the country AFTER BP 2 hits, and the plans of Feige. Because? Feige could slash the throat of T'Challa in the movies by simply not showing him at all until Phase 5...

...while showing T'Challa in Disney+ shows to blast Disney+ into the profiteering stratosphere. Seriously reflect on that, not from our perspective as true fans of BP and/or Afrakans ourselves; instead think of it from the perspective of the Feiges and Disney major shareholders of the world. Which argument makes the most sense...as in dollars and cents...to you? Zero of our passionate BP fan boy noise registers. But...prepping a series to crush all previous records, shower you with unabated good press during what is surely an even MORE contentious time in U.S. history than this nascent 2021 has already brought us, etc etc? That would curl their greedy little toes with unabashed moneygasms.

And ultimately? Even we at HEF would go along with it. Grumblingly. Because we don't have any choice in the matter.

I seriously doubt that most people on HEF will REFUSE to watch T'Challa if he suddenly cameo'd on CAGE or some such in 2022. ESPECIALLY with the history of CAGE and T'Challa. And even crazier? We know that the OG Captain America from The Truth: Red, White and Black..yes, Isaiah Bradley...is already slated to be in "FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER". Can you TRULY TELL ME that you'd REFUSE to see a Disney+ team up of Josiah X Bradley son of Isaiah Bradley...and literally a naturally born Super Soldier...Falcon, CAGE, Misty Knight, The New Iron Fist of Colleen Wing, T'Challa and maybe Monica Rambeau imported from WandaVision for a spell? That's a lineup that not even our own R to the H imagined [ but which is in my fanfic...ahem, ahem, shameless plug. Lol ].

Real talk? If CAGE, FALCON and T'CHALLA happened? Anywhere that happened?  I would be there [ unless Feige and Disney waved their Klan flag in some way prior to that ]. Imagine Feige deciding to feature T'Challa on some of the lower rating shows THROUGHOUT Disney+ for a couple of episodes on each lower rating series? That series would blast through the roof. That's also a PERFECT WAY to reintroduce the new actor portraying T'Challa [ Denzel's son JDW ], get the positive press, amp the ratings and get stupid money, prep the MCU audience for this new actor's portrayal of T'Challa [ which will receive rave reviews and multiple respectful mentions of T'Chadwick ]...WITHOUT risking the multibillion dollar tentpole of BP 3 or BP in Phase Five or whatever Phase it is...on an UNTESTED UNKNOWN who Disney doesn't know is able to TOP the receipts from all previous BP movies, if not at least equal them.

You do this? And BP in Phase Five, as well as BP on the animated Avengers, as well as BP anywhere...IS THE HOTTEST PROPERTY IN SUPERHERO MOVIES. If Feige is equally careful with BP in Marvel comics? This will usher in another "never before thought possible" barrier being broken:

Black Panther will break Batman's strangle hold on comics and BP will become the hottest property IN THE ENTIRE COMICS WORLD ON EARTH.

And our own creatives need to seize the day and use this fertile time to introduce even more of our BLACK OWNED TOP TO BOTTOM potential/virtually guaranteed monster hits. I have one right now.

Imagine if Tyler Perry rolled out from his movie studio a series starring Orlando Jones as MISTER NANCY? That? Would be a MONSTER hit! That? Could be the FIRST BILLION DOLLAR MOVIE PRODUCED BY A BLACK OWNED STUDIO.

Imagine a movie series centered on BASS REEVES, the REAL LIFE "Lone Ranger". Starting with how Bass Reeves...a KIPURA expert [ the Montu war art of The Empire of Kongo which my family's art of Njia Uhuru Kipura is rooted in and descended from ] as taught by his parents and the elders on the planation where he was initially enslaved...gained his freedom by beating nearly unto death the horrid Overseer and fleeing with great speed and cunning into Native American territory where he not only learned multiple Native American tongues but ALSO ENCOUNTERED OTHER FREE AFRIKANS WHO WERE EXPERTS OF KIPURA [ perhaps cinematically including one or both of his own parents and/or those who first taught him Kipura as a child ]; skills he honed and replied upon to later become the most capable lawman in USA history. There is so much of his personal history which isn't told. Our own Afrikan creatives could set about presenting Bass Reeves as the real life combo of ASSASSINS FROM ASSASSIN'S CREED and JOHN WICK that he actually was. But we must drink the cup to its dregs if we do that: we must show the tragic last hunt of Reeves to bring in his own law-breaking son for the White man who eventually coldly abandons him...and the lessons Bass Reeves learns from this, and passes on to his children.

Imagine a series centered on High John The Conqueror. Or Gaspar Yanga. Or Tahtahme, the great Jamaican Warrior Queen. Or...

...you get the idea.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 09:30:56 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
From the Rumor Mill !

Huge new leak hints at a surprising future for Black Panther in the MCU

By Chris Smith

A leaker who claims they have access to Marvel insiders detailed many of the MCU Phase 4 movies and TV series online, including the upcoming Black Panther sequel.

The person revealed purported details about the movieís general plot and characters, including information about the character who will become the next Black Panther now that Chadwick Boseman has passed away.

The person said TíChalla would be written off instead of dying in the sequel and that his replacement will be a complete surprise to the audience.

Actor Chadwick Boseman passed away last year after a long, secret bout with cancer. In the weeks following his passing, we found out that people who worked with Boseman in recent years had no idea what he was going through, including Marvel and Disney. Boseman played some of its most iconic roles as he battled cancer, including King TíChalla/Black Panther in several MCU films. Black Panther was a huge success for Disney, and a sequel had already been announced when Boseman passed away. The actor was supposed to resume work for the untitled sequel, reports said, just as Ryan Coogler was finishing the script.

Marvel and Disney did not address the obvious problem in the immediate aftermath of Bosemanís passing, but fans were quick to urge the studios not to recast TíChalla. Instead, they said the Black Panther mantle should go to Shuri (Letitia Wright), who would become Black Panther at some point in the future.

In December, Marvelís Kevin Feige announced that Bosemanís legacy will live on, as Marvel would not recast TíChalla for Black Panther 2. A new leak from a person who has spilled plenty of Marvel leaks says that the next person to become Black Panther will be a surprise. Mind you, some (possible) spoilers will follow below.

The same person who revealed the purported title of Spider-Man 3 also offered details about Marvelís Black Panther plans. It all comes from 4chan, so Marvel fans should take everything with an appropriate amount of salt. It will take some time for these rumors to be verified or debunked. Black Panther 2 has a July 8th, 2022 release date, so a lot could change by then, even if these rumors were accurate when they were written.

The leaker said that Marvel will not change the sequel too much in terms of the villains or the story. TíChalla will obviously be replaced with a new candidate, and hereís where things get interesting. The leaker said that Feige wanted to recast TíChalla initially, as the character was important for Marvelís plans. If Iron Man and Captain America were the main pillars of the previous MCU phases, Black Panther would carry on the next ones, the same person said. With Bosemanís TíChalla gone, Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) and Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) will be the main faces of the MCU.

Feigeís plan was controversial among the inner circles of Marvel, says the leaker. Coogler, who wrote and directed the first installment in the franchise, argued against recasting. Marvel looked at Shuri taking over the Black Panther role along with MíBaku (Winston Duke) and Nakia (Lupita Nyongío). They even looked at having two characters be Black Panther. The creatives also talked about doing a prequel at one point. The leaker says later in his comments that Marvel is also contemplating doing a Wakanda/Black Panther prequel series starring Sterling K. Brown and Atandwa Kani, who played NíJobu and young TíChaka in the first film.

Marvel wanted to delay Black Panther 2 and ultimately continue with TíChalla, but the studio didnít want to lose Coogler. Ultimately, Marvel decided to let Coogler turn Shuri or MíBaku into the next Black Panther. Coogler reportedly wanted MíBaku at one point, but he had been pushed for a brand new character from the beginning. Feige agreed, and Coogler has been retooling the script since November for the new character who will become the next Black Panther in the sequel:

The Black Panther mantle will be dawned by an original character created by Coogler. He will be the lead of the film and will be King and Black Panther moving forward. He was described to me as a strong, quiet, powerful but also broken young man with a very unique back story. I was told he was a member of the Miner or River tribe. Apparently a relative of Nakia. Marvel isnít letting out there plans for this until the last second.

Neither Shuri nor MíBaku will become Black Panther at any point during the film, but they will be the primary supporting characters. Apparently, Okoye (Danai Gurira) and Nakia will have smaller roles as a result. Martin Freeman will return as Agent Ross.

Having a totally new Black Panther is not the only surprise in this leak. The same person said that TíChalla would not die, as weíve all been expecting. Instead, heíll be written out of the film, although itís unclear how thatís supposed to happen. Other Avengers have retired, so it wouldnít be totally unexpected.

Namor will be the main villain of Black Panther 2, the leaker said, and will be played by Tenoch Huerta. Doctor Doom will be the secondary ďsmallerĒ villain. The actor is still negotiating the role, with the leaker saying that fans will love him. Black Panther 2 will essentially be a three-way war between Wakanda, Latveria, and Lemuria. The latter is a stand-in for Atlantis, and it serves as the Deviantsí underwater city in Marvel comics.

https://bgr.com/2021/01/09/black-panther-2-chadwick-boseman-replacement-cast-leak/

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
From the Rumor Mill !

Huge new leak hints at a surprising future for Black Panther in the MCU

By Chris Smith

A leaker who claims they have access to Marvel insiders detailed many of the MCU Phase 4 movies and TV series online, including the upcoming Black Panther sequel.

The person revealed purported details about the movieís general plot and characters, including information about the character who will become the next Black Panther now that Chadwick Boseman has passed away.

The person said TíChalla would be written off instead of dying in the sequel and that his replacement will be a complete surprise to the audience.

Actor Chadwick Boseman passed away last year after a long, secret bout with cancer. In the weeks following his passing, we found out that people who worked with Boseman in recent years had no idea what he was going through, including Marvel and Disney. Boseman played some of its most iconic roles as he battled cancer, including King TíChalla/Black Panther in several MCU films. Black Panther was a huge success for Disney, and a sequel had already been announced when Boseman passed away. The actor was supposed to resume work for the untitled sequel, reports said, just as Ryan Coogler was finishing the script.

Marvel and Disney did not address the obvious problem in the immediate aftermath of Bosemanís passing, but fans were quick to urge the studios not to recast TíChalla. Instead, they said the Black Panther mantle should go to Shuri (Letitia Wright), who would become Black Panther at some point in the future.

In December, Marvelís Kevin Feige announced that Bosemanís legacy will live on, as Marvel would not recast TíChalla for Black Panther 2. A new leak from a person who has spilled plenty of Marvel leaks says that the next person to become Black Panther will be a surprise. Mind you, some (possible) spoilers will follow below.

The same person who revealed the purported title of Spider-Man 3 also offered details about Marvelís Black Panther plans. It all comes from 4chan, so Marvel fans should take everything with an appropriate amount of salt. It will take some time for these rumors to be verified or debunked. Black Panther 2 has a July 8th, 2022 release date, so a lot could change by then, even if these rumors were accurate when they were written.

The leaker said that Marvel will not change the sequel too much in terms of the villains or the story. TíChalla will obviously be replaced with a new candidate, and hereís where things get interesting. The leaker said that Feige wanted to recast TíChalla initially, as the character was important for Marvelís plans. If Iron Man and Captain America were the main pillars of the previous MCU phases, Black Panther would carry on the next ones, the same person said. With Bosemanís TíChalla gone, Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) and Captain Marvel (Brie Larson) will be the main faces of the MCU.

Feigeís plan was controversial among the inner circles of Marvel, says the leaker. Coogler, who wrote and directed the first installment in the franchise, argued against recasting. Marvel looked at Shuri taking over the Black Panther role along with MíBaku (Winston Duke) and Nakia (Lupita Nyongío). They even looked at having two characters be Black Panther. The creatives also talked about doing a prequel at one point. The leaker says later in his comments that Marvel is also contemplating doing a Wakanda/Black Panther prequel series starring Sterling K. Brown and Atandwa Kani, who played NíJobu and young TíChaka in the first film.

Marvel wanted to delay Black Panther 2 and ultimately continue with TíChalla, but the studio didnít want to lose Coogler. Ultimately, Marvel decided to let Coogler turn Shuri or MíBaku into the next Black Panther. Coogler reportedly wanted MíBaku at one point, but he had been pushed for a brand new character from the beginning. Feige agreed, and Coogler has been retooling the script since November for the new character who will become the next Black Panther in the sequel:

The Black Panther mantle will be dawned by an original character created by Coogler. He will be the lead of the film and will be King and Black Panther moving forward. He was described to me as a strong, quiet, powerful but also broken young man with a very unique back story. I was told he was a member of the Miner or River tribe. Apparently a relative of Nakia. Marvel isnít letting out there plans for this until the last second.

Neither Shuri nor MíBaku will become Black Panther at any point during the film, but they will be the primary supporting characters. Apparently, Okoye (Danai Gurira) and Nakia will have smaller roles as a result. Martin Freeman will return as Agent Ross.

Having a totally new Black Panther is not the only surprise in this leak. The same person said that TíChalla would not die, as weíve all been expecting. Instead, heíll be written out of the film, although itís unclear how thatís supposed to happen. Other Avengers have retired, so it wouldnít be totally unexpected.

Namor will be the main villain of Black Panther 2, the leaker said, and will be played by Tenoch Huerta. Doctor Doom will be the secondary ďsmallerĒ villain. The actor is still negotiating the role, with the leaker saying that fans will love him. Black Panther 2 will essentially be a three-way war between Wakanda, Latveria, and Lemuria. The latter is a stand-in for Atlantis, and it serves as the Deviantsí underwater city in Marvel comics.

https://bgr.com/2021/01/09/black-panther-2-chadwick-boseman-replacement-cast-leak/

How credible are these rumors to you, Brother Ture?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Coogler, mr "black panther so important to young black men" being the one against recasting would be absolutely shocking and devastating to me

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Coogler, mr "black panther so important to young black men" being the one against recasting would be absolutely shocking and devastating to me

I know that Coogler was and is deeply affected by the passing of Chadwick, as he sees Chadwick as his brother and closest collaborator on the largest and most powerful project that either man has been involved with. But I seriously. Seeerrrriiioousssslllyyyy. Doubt that Coogler would resist recasting T'Challa, because everyone knows going in that each of these characters will be recast as the original actors age and move on to other projects. And even as the moviegoing public's taste changes and whatnot; we may cycle into "superhero movie fatigue" for some time, and movie studios will stop making these kinds of movies for awhile. This cyclical and/or adaptive response by movie studios to the demands and tastes of moviegoers is well known.

In addition? Coogler definitely seemed like he wanted both new directors and new actors to take over for both himself and Chadwick in order to perpetuate the legacy of T'Challa The Black Panther. I seriously don't believe that his mind has changed on that point.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
As a rule I don;t give much credibility to rumors and cannot vouch for their veracity Brother Supreme. I do think this particular article posses some interesting fodder for speculation.

Now on to some thoughts inspired by your excellent post.

The Black Panther, and I do mean T'Challa, had tech that impressed Marvel's resident super genius Reed Richards and the strategic acumen to defeat the Fantastic Four. The Black Panther fought Captain America to a standstill and the latter showed a substantial amount of reverence for T'Challa. The Black Panther was a billionaire while Tony Stark was just a millionaire and he even held his own against the Inhumans. Hell, there were even attempts at Afrakan cultural flourishes. All of this occurred right out of the box.  I can show it better than say it.

InHumans Invade Panther Island!

The fleshing out of T'Challa over the years has been both original and organic and rarely has he absconded his penchant for the needs of his people and their country. This is why despite having some of his traits migrate to other characters; having a supporting cast that actually served the narrative; having his first solo film not be an origin story T'Challa the Black Panther with nuance and subtlety remained the central and most compelling character in the film.

To think that can be supplanted to service contemporary politics or trending patterns is not only hubris but short sighted. Now a Black Panther Disney+ series would be an excellent way to introduce a recasted T'Challa; explore Wakanda; further develop Black Panther and his supporting characters; have the series culminate in a cliffhanger that can only be seen in theaters.

A Cage, Falcon, Blade and Fury meeting the Black Panther would most certainly be cool to see.

"And our own creatives need to seize the day and use this fertile time to introduce even more of our BLACK OWNED TOP TO BOTTOM potential/virtually guaranteed monster hits." I wholeheartedly concur. Your story ideas reek of potency and creativity as well as a comprehensive understanding of the importance of the Afrakan cultural imperative Brother Supreme.

I feel you on that Brother MoS. As this is may be more innuendo than fact I'll reserve comment and judgement. This why I feel no decisions should have been made until sometime mid this year just for clarity and calmer heads to prevail.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Supreme,

Thanks for putting that out there. If true, definitely an option I wasn't considering. I saw a rumor that Michael B. Jordan was coming back and I wonder if that's true and tied into this. Perhaps a changed Killmonger takes up the habit? I wonder why Coogler isn't going to use Kasper Cole, who already has the comics' history as another BP? It would be a way to explore Wakanda in a different way than in the first film with Cole. Though we also might get that with this wholly original character too.

I am intrigued with Coogler's alleged ideas. I want to see what he comes up with. I've been impressed with his depiction of straight black men in Fruitvale Station, Creed, and Black Panther, and so I feel good that he won't disappointed in creating an interesting, three-dimensional character.

And if the movie is a success I wonder how that will factor into the comics? Will T'Challa be set aside for the new BP for a while, or will they be side-by-side, like he often was when Shuri was BP? Further, if the rumors are true and we get less Okoye, but particularly Nakia, I could see them moving Nakia into becoming Malice. A new BP also now opens the door for Storm in a way it would've been difficult to do with T'Challa, since he had a great relationship with Nakia.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I've learned more concise info on the subject of Marvels plans for T'Challa/Black Panther in this thread than in any other research I've engaged in. What a fantastic resource!

Thanks to Brother SI's brilliant post in which he astutely alludes to the impact of losing T'Challa in addition to Chadwick and others on we who are also suffering amidst the current white supremacist uprising in America (inevitable with the despicable POTUS 45 at the helm) is having on racial tensions, even if it plays no role in Disney's considerations for BP2? The idea that the film will take place entirely during the "Snap" or "Blip" is plausible and would likely make the most sense for an in-depth exploration a T'Challa-less Wakanda, providing a reasonable buffer to allow for the return of a "new" T'Challa in BP3. SI your enthusiasm and creative thinking for BP and Black character properties is unmatched! Love the idea for Bass Reaves, it needs to happen!

Kudos to Brother Ture for always bringing the funk and keeping us in the know! You wisely take the rumor mill with a huge grain of salt, but I admit the leaked plans for BP2 sound a lot like CJP's seminal "Sturm und Drang." This has me conflicted as it is my very favorite BP story and while I'd love to see it done, I totally equate it with T'Challa and his singular genius as a mature monarch, statesman and warrior who is more than capable of going toe-to-toe with the likes of Namor and Doom. I'd rather see a story of Wakanda during the "Blip" mourning the perceived loss of T'Challa while being forced to deal with the advances of an Achebe or Moses Magnum, thinking Wakanda without a king as ripe for the picking and getting summarily smacked down by Shuri and company. This paving the way for a BP3 "Sturm und Drang" featuring the return of a "new" T'Challa, I believe, would be extremely and universally satisfying.

If in fact a new BP is introduced without resolving T'Challa's fate, Marvel/Coogler would merely be kicking the can down the road setting up a tenuous situation where one of the two would have to be removed from Wakanda at some point. Perhaps a Kasper Cole, (non-King) BP in training who once T'Challa returns in BP3, relocates to America as the White Tiger/Acolyte would be an interesting turn if done in such a way that doesn't disparage the present day Wakandan warriors? I want to trust Coogler. What he gave us in the first film was magical and wholly satisfying IMO. I am concerned however that his affinity to Chadwick may be so much stronger than that to T'Challa (understandably so) that he might convince Marvel to tie their fates together for the sake of MCU BP. Ultimately it would be up to Marvel to do the right thing by T'Challa and their track record in that regard since Reg's departure has been spotty at best.

My Two Cents...

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Asante Sana Brother Kimoyo.

The Sturm und Drang storyline must be done with T'Challa, anyone else would be blasphemous.The challenge with seeing a story of Wakanda during the "Blip" is that not only is T'Challa absent but so is Shuri.  This is why Marvel should have just waited til mid to late 2021 to announce the recast and a February 2023 release. In addition they could announce a six episode World of Wakanda Disney+ series which would tell of the events occurring in Wakanda post the "snap" and minus T'Challa and Shuri. The series could flesh out the underwater earthquake; explore W'kabi and Okoye relationship; and visit the four tribes. Series concludes with T'Challa and Shuri returning to Wakanda after Stark's funeral and then they drop the bomb as the Black Panther's helmet is removed to reveal the new T'Challa, just in time for the next feature.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Karibu Brother Ture! As usual we see jicho kwa jicho (eye to eye). Hard to see "Sturm und Drang" without T'Challa as BP. I did not remember Shuri being "Snapped"?

To T'Challa's eventual MCU return!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The other option would be to have the second film take place in between BP I and IW.

But really I don't like the thought at all of them taking any of BPs major stories and carrying them without T'Challa. That would really bug me alot

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Asante Sana Brother Kimoyo.

The challenge with seeing a story of Wakanda during the "Blip" is that not only is T'Challa absent but so is Shuri.  This is why Marvel should have just waited til mid to late 2021 to announce the recast and a February 2023 release. In addition they could announce a six episode World of Wakanda Disney+ series which would tell of the events occurring in Wakanda post the "snap" and minus T'Challa and Shuri. The series could flesh out the underwater earthquake; explore W'kabi and Okoye relationship; and visit the four tribes. Series concludes with T'Challa and Shuri returning to Wakanda after Stark's funeral...

I'd completely and totally forgotten that Shuri was ALSO Snapped into oblivion...but that strikes me as something hard to believe in Wakanda. I would think that Shuri and Wakandan geniuses would have learned from Killmonger's unique crisis causing approach and would have used their cloning tech to create backup bodies for the entire Royals and Aristocrat Lineage in case any of them were assassinated or incapitated/killed in ways that were not acceptable by Wakandan Law and Wakanda herself needed The Royals and The Tribal Council as it originally existed to guide Wakanda through this new and unique turmoil. That was the first thought that struck me, and it wasn't the first time I thought that. The first time I thought this idea was when Christopher Priest had Killmonger KILL T'Challa by taking advantage of a rare moment wherein T'Challa...in the midst of thoroughly, one-sidedly dominating Killmonger but honorably,compassionately not resorting to killing Njadaka... was surprised by the unintentionally bumbling Everett K. Ross. Njadaka took advantage of that moment of surprise to kill T'Challa.

Having seen plenty of Life Model Decoys running around SHIELD, I couldn't believe that our 616 T'Challa...rightfully still owning the mantle of the primary megagenius of Wakanda...hadn't used enough forethought to create his own vastly superior LMD to be activated in case of his actual or apparent death. I mean...Bruce Wayne has a gazillion contingencies in the face of his several "deaths". T'Challa should have much better, and MORE contingencies.

In the MCU? The immediate return of Shuri and the new T'Challa could be explained thusly: Shuri learned from the Killmonger crisis as explained above, but Thanos' SNAP made it impossible to literally recreate T'Challa's ORIGINAL body because The Infinity Stones' power still exists and is still focused on erasing T'Challa's original body...whereas those same Infinity Stones weren't focused by Thanos' will on destroying specifically Shuri as they were focused on destroying T'Challa. So the quasi-dimensional nexus where Shuri stored the clones for herself, The Royals and The Tribal Council were fine. Not so for T'Challa's body. So she had to recreate a different body that could house the spiritual and mental matrix of T'Challa which The Panther God kept intact. BOOM! New actor. New body. Same T'Challa.

The reason that such a solution wasn't used before, especially since Wakanda had such scientific capability for hundreds of thousands of years? Is because the former xenophobic laws of Wakanda forbade such uses of science. But T'Challa breaking such xenophobic rules also ended the ban against using hypertech in the way that Shuri foresaw its use after Killmonger [ this would further infuriate traditionalists like M'Baku... ]

I am not thrilled at the notion of a wholly new character being King AND Balck Panther. Yes, the first person I thought of was some variant of KASPER COLE. A newer, Coolgerfied version of Kasper Cole. Would this person even be Wakandan? Perhaps via blood lineage but not rearing? There are many possible exciting options here...but it's also very dangerous. I don't really like the idea, because this new character? Would have to basically come from outside of Wakanda unify and/or pacify the perhaps fractured and warring nation of Wakanda who are pissed that this calamity befell them because T'Challa opened their borders, exposing them to threats like Thanos.

Pause.

That latter part? Is hard for me to believe, too. Wakanda would have explored space long  before any other Earthly nation. Wakanda would have known of Thanos, The infinity stones, etc. Wakanda would have been prepared. I take issue with how Thanos destroyed Wakanda in both the 616 and the MCU. Between the two? The MCU's version of events leading to the destruction of Wakanda was imo better.

Okay. Back to the notion of the "new character"...

..this new character would have to prove himself to be worthy of the Kingship. Nothing would prove that more than unifying a fractured Wakanda. This same character? Would either have to die or already have baked into his motivation and character root another powerful motivation that would have him abdicate his throne without a problem when T'Challa and Shuri return...and that's what makes me think THE PANTHER CULT. Members of THE PANTHER CULT have already accepted T'Challa as their King. Their elevation would be rooted to and caused by his absence. They would likewise instantly abandon the throne...no muss, no fuss...on T'Challas and Shuri's return.

This is where imo a Cooglerfied KASPER COLE is uniquely qualified to return the throne. He doesn't want to be King anyway, but I can't see the original US born and bred KASPER COLE being skilled enough to defeat born and bred Wakandans in h2h. That's real talk. But a half Wakandan KASPER COLE like character? Might be enough.

This same premise could entirely sidestep KASPER COLE, and give rise to an entirely unique Coogler character who could be a 100% Wakandan, also a member of the PANTHER CULT, and just as able to step away from The Throne as Kasper Cole would be [ and for nearly identical reasons ]. I just don't know where this character would go after the return of T'Challa. Would this character die, making the character essentially a throwaway? I am not inclined to think that Coogler would create a one-off character. Would this new Coogler generated character become the leader of a Tribe? Would this character become The Golden Lion, just under The Black Panther...second in command of The Panther Cult?

I'm pulling for Coogler, and rooting for the franchise...but I don't really like the above notion of a completely new character unless not only is this character placed in the context of the deep dive into the World of Wakanda [ which we know is going ot happen and was going to happen for T'Challa had Chadwick not passed ] but also with a KASPER COLE like or PANTHER CULT-like character. This character could assume the throne during the SNAPPED years, and seamlessly yield the throne back to T'Challa in BP 3.

But how is it that this character would retain the throne in the presence of Shuri? Well, that could only be if Shuri herself refused to go for the throne because of how she feels about T'Challa. Which imo make me think that there has to be some kind of very creative explanation for the return of Shuri and NOT the return of T'Challa. Because without some kind of explanation like that which I offered above for Shuri, I can't see how Shuri could arrive in BP 2 and T'Challa NOT arrive until BP 3.

Thoughts?
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Karibu Brother Ture! As usual we see jicho kwa jicho (eye to eye). Hard to see "Sturm und Drang" without T'Challa as BP. I did not remember Shuri being "Snapped"?

To T'Challa's eventual MCU return!

Peace,

Mont

Yo, Kimoyo! Hiyo ni nini!!! (that's what's up!!!). Here are some references.

In End Game they showed many of the heroes lost in the snap.(scroll over to see Shuri)

The full snapped list:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/04/25/before-avengers-endgame-heres-everyone-who-is-alive-and-dead-after-the-snap/?sh=406e75c7257c

The Wakandans in general but especially T'Challa the Black Panther would have been untouched by Thanos' snap as "the gift" would have prevented such. This is the very reason why Bast/Bas sent the Isipho to Wakanda as it is the protective, counter-balance to the Infinity Stones. At least that is how the story unfolds in the 710 universe.

Supreme Illuminati your sentiments echo my own and your concepts are just well beyond their scope. Why Marvel persist in both comic and film to avoid showing the advanced robotics and androids (created by T'Challa or MCU Shuri) Wakanda must posses is the height of technological insult.

I despise the notion of T'Challa being replaced by Kasper Cole. To have any chance of redemption the MCU must certainly not kill off T'Challa. They'll have to do an arse-pull and state that T'Challa is in deep space establishing the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda. A male Wakandan assuming the mantle of BP makes better sense than Cole especially as a place holder while MCU sets up T'Challa's return (around the time X Men and FF drop) however I will only be satisfied with comparable, highly talented, culturally seated immediate recast.

To entertain your query SI, to me the whole notion of Shuri becoming Black Panther is problematic from its inception. Without the powers of the heart shaped herb can anyone even remotely see Shuri defeating M'Baku or Killmonger? Shuri even seems a bit immature to assume the queenship and role of governing the country. The new character would have to be from one of the four tribes or even better an expat Jabari. This character has to be the up and comer for the Jabari throne and then decides to go for the Wakandan high seat. He could also be the love interest for Shuri who decides to marry him so to ensure that the throne of Wakanda is not lead astray. Something to that effect.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 09:23:55 pm by Ture »

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Angela Bassett Reacts to Chadwick Bosemanís Role Not Being Recast in 'Black Panther' (Exclusive)

https://www.etonline.com/angela-bassett-reacts-to-chadwick-bosemans-role-not-being-recast-in-black-panther-exclusive-159469

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Angela Bassett Reacts to Chadwick Bosemanís Role Not Being Recast in 'Black Panther' (Exclusive)

https://www.etonline.com/angela-bassett-reacts-to-chadwick-bosemans-role-not-being-recast-in-black-panther-exclusive-159469

Love Ms. Bassett's quote:

"He's irreplaceable."