Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - Wakanda Forever!  (Read 786377 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I saw this a few days ago and I just shook my head. My point still stands, all these interviews and tidbits of information coming out clearly points to this being a mistake. They aren't ready to do this sequel. There's no shame in pushing it back.

Letitia does not have the gravitas needed to be the top billing lead for the sequel, on top of the fact that of they try to make her BP it's nothing but an insult to T'Challa the character as it's clear based on the The movie that the first born is groomed to be ruler and the second born does something else.

T'Challa was a grown man and BP for 10 years before his dad died and he still had doubts. Do unless they basically retell BP one, there's no way to logically have 18 year old Shuri somehow be ready without injecting Major PIS

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER MOVIE - Winston Duke Confirms Return in Black Panther 2
« Reply #3496 on: July 21, 2021, 10:47:37 am »
'Black Panther 2': Winston Duke Confirms Return of M'Baku in Marvel's "Really Special" Sequel
Duke told Collider he got "emotional" while packing to go to the set.
BY JEFF SNEIDER

Many assumed that Winston Duke, who played M'Baku in Black Panther, would reprise his role in the upcoming sequel, but there has never been any official announcement or confirmation -- until now. Speaking to Collider while promoting the indie drama Nine Days, which hits theaters in New York and Los Angeles next week, Duke has finally confirmed the return of M'Baku in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

Writer-director Ryan Coogler is currently filming the sequel in Atlanta, and it's certainly an emotional shoot given the tragic passing of original Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman last August.

"It was very emotional to read the script. It was emotional to pack to go back to set. But we're all a bit of a family now and we grieve together, and we're making something really special," said Duke.

The actor didn't shed any light on the film's plot or how the sequel plans to address the absence of T'Challa, but Coogler and Marvel's Kevin Feige will surely handle it with great sensitivity, as Boseman was beloved across the globe. Production may be bittersweet, but the way I see it, the film's cast and crew are honoring Boseman's memory by pressing forward with the sequel, especially given how much the first film meant to millions of moviegoers around the world.

Feige had previously indicated that the main cast members from the first film would be back in Wakanda Forever, but he never mentioned anyone by name. Lupita Nyong'o and Martin Freeman confirmed their involvement a while ago, and Angela Bassett told us she'd be back during an interview on behalf of Gunpowder Milkshake. Collider also previously confirmed that Danai Gurira would return as Okoye in both Wakanda Forever and the upcoming Black Panther spinoff series coming to Disney+. That would leave us to speculate that Feige was also referring to the return of Letitia Wright, Daniel Kaluuya and Florence Kasumba.

So are there any new cast additions to the sequel? Yes, but only one that has been publicized thus far. Narcos: Mexico star Tenoch Huerta is joining the ensemble -- reportedly as Namor the Sub-Mariner -- and I expect him to cause some problems for the proud people of Wakanda, even despite their technologically advanced weaponry.

Black Panther grossed $1.3 billion worldwide and was the first superhero film to ever earn an Oscar nomination for Best Picture. The film ended its theatrical run as the 12th-highest-grossing movie of all time, and it didn't even need an appearance from Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man to do it. Wakanda Forever will hit theaters on July 8, 2022. Bring tissues.

https://collider.com/black-panther-2-winston-duke-mbaku/

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3497 on: July 21, 2021, 11:59:23 am »
I hope, some if not all of, the cast truly have enough love and respect for what Chadwick Boseman put into Black Panther to see the necessity of continuing T'Challa's legacy.

Next summer's movie competition will be hot. Black Adam comes out July 29th, 2022 just three weeks after Black Panther. Some other heat comes from John Wick: Chapter 4, Mission: Impossible 7, Buzz Lightyear (without Tim Allen?!?), Minions: The Rise of Gru, and these three monsters Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3, Jurassic World: Dominion, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts. Let's not forget Indiana Jones 5 and Marvel's own Thor Love and Thunder. This is just the summer releases. Year in superheroes films coming out include Morbius, The Batman, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 2, The Flash and last but not least The Marvels. Competition will be high.       

With Chadwick Boseman on board I would have no doubt that Black Panther Wakanda Forever could have been the highest grossing movie of the year. If they recasted and promoted like they did the first BP I would have had little doubt that BP2 could've been the biggest movie of the year. As is currently however I have some serious doubt. Marvel's one saving grace to help ensure massive box office returns is the question what happened to T'Challa. If they kill him off it could go either way. If they have him absent for some reason then show him in a brilliantly done post credit scene forecasting his return in BP3 all bets are off.

By ArtStation

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN...

Offline True Father Sankofa

• Honorary Wakandan
  • The maker the owner the cream of the planet earth
    • View Profile
    • True's myspace page
« Reply #3498 on: July 21, 2021, 12:09:24 pm »
I hope, some if not all of, the cast truly have enough love and respect for what Chadwick Boseman put into Black Panther to see the necessity of continuing T'Challa's legacy.

Next summer's movie competition will be hot. Black Adam comes out July 29th, 2022 just three weeks after Black Panther. Some other heat comes from John Wick: Chapter 4, Mission: Impossible 7, Buzz Lightyear (without Tim Allen?!?), Minions: The Rise of Gru, and these three monsters Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3, Jurassic World: Dominion, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts. Let's not forget Indiana Jones 5 and Marvel's own Thor Love and Thunder. This is just the summer releases. Year in superheroes films coming out include Morbius, The Batman, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 2, The Flash and last but not least The Marvels. Competition will be high.       

With Chadwick Boseman on board I would have no doubt that Black Panther Wakanda Forever could have been the highest grossing movie of the year. If they recasted and promoted like they did the first BP I would have had little doubt that BP2 could've been the biggest movie of the year. As is currently however I have some serious doubt. Marvel's one saving grace to help ensure massive box office returns is the question what happened to T'Challa. If they kill him off it could go either way. If they have him absent for some reason then show him in a brilliantly done post credit scene forecasting his return in BP3 all bets are off.

By ArtStation

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN...

Is that Doom in the middle? And I didn't see Matrix 4 listed.
"Don't count the days, make the days count"-Muhammad Ali

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3499 on: July 21, 2021, 11:18:59 pm »

By ArtStation

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN...

Is that Doom in the middle? And I didn't see Matrix 4 listed.

Good eye True Father Sankofa. That is indeed Dr. Doom. This was that dream movie poster that was to presage the epic Strum und Drang to complete T'Challa's first trilogy. A No Prize for you mentioning Matrix 4.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
‘Black Panther’ Sequel Casts Michaela Coel (EXCLUSIVE)

By Matt Donnelly

Michaela Coel has joined the ensemble cast of “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,” the sequel to the hit Marvel film “Black Panther.” Character details are locked up, per usual. Insiders say Coel has joined director Ryan Coogler at Atlanta’s Pinewood Studios, where production began last month. Marvel Studios declined to comment on the matter.

Coel exploded onto Hollywood’s radar in 2020 with her critically acclaimed HBO Max series “I May Destroy You,” for which she’s received four Emmy nominations. In addition to writing, directing and producing, Coel starred in the show as a popular writer processing rape trauma in contemporary London.

Coel’s credits include the Netflix programs “Black Mirror” and “Chewing Gum,” and the feature films “Been So Long” and “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.” She is not currently represented by a talent agency. She works through her indie label Falkna Productions, which co-produced “I May Destroy You.”

The first “Black Panther” grossed more than $1.3 billion at the worldwide box office.

“It’s clearly very emotional without Chad,” Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige told Variety in late June, referring to late star Chadwick Boseman, who died in August 2020 after battling colon cancer. “But everyone is also very excited to bring the world of Wakanda back to the public and back to the fans. We’re going to do it in a way that would make Chad proud.”

While additional cast has not been confirmed, Danai Gurira, Letitia Wright, Daniel Kaluuya, Winston Duke, Lupita Nyong’o, Florence Kasumba and Angela Bassett will likely reprise their roles from the original film.

“Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” is set for wide release on July 8, 2022.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/michaela-coel-black-panther-2-marvel-1235024815/

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

Michaela Coel's 'Black Panther' Casting Spurs Theory Letitia Wright's Out

Michaela Coel is rumored to be in the new "Black Panther" sequel -- now being filmed after Chadwick Boseman's death -- and it's got fans wondering ... curtains for Letitia Wright???

Word of the casting just came down Wednesday via Variety, which says the "I May Destroy You" star is definitely in it ... but that her role, for now, is unknown/unnamed and being kept under wraps. The studio itself isn't confirming either ... SOP for stories like this.

The report -- assuming it's true -- might not seem like much on its face ... but there's a lot of background here causing some eyebrows to be raised in suspicion. Fact is, Marvel's been slow to formally announce who the heck is actually going to be in the new movie, like for sure for sure -- which is weird, because the flick is literally filming in Atlanta right now.

The assumption is that a majority of the cast from Pt. 1 will return -- like Lupita Nyong'o, Danai Gurira, etc. -- but none of them, including Letitia (who had a major role the first time around) are sure things at this point ... and in light of this news, it's giving folks pause for LW's sake.

Here's the deal ... Letitia is the only member of the OG cast who's been embroiled in controversy lately -- and there's a ton of circumstantial evidence that seems to point to her having bad blood with Marvel and perhaps Disney at large.

Based on tweets she's liked in the recent past -- before scrubbing all her social media entirely not too long ago -- all signs point to her possibly not returning ... and that recasting her might be on the horizon, which is why the Michaela addition is fueling theories.
Pile on the fact she was accused of being an anti-vaxxer just this past December -- this after retweeting what many called conspiracy theory videos questioning the legitimacy of the jab -- it just adds even more reason to believe that Letitia may be done with the franchise.

That's a huge deal, and a potential huge blow (for Letitia) if it turns out Michaela is, in fact, going to play an older version of Shuri (T'Challa's sister in 'BP'). The reason ... Shuri actually becomes the new Black Panther after T'Challa passes on the torch in the comic book series.
While the plot details of the "Black Panther" sequel have yet to surface -- ya gotta imagine they're going to go that route since their lead man isn't around to do it anymore.

It might be #WakandaForever, but it could just as well be #LetitiaNeverAgain.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/21/michaela-coel-black-panther-sequel-casting-letitia-wright-out-anti-vaxx/

TMZ is really trying to start something. Come on, no Chadwick and no Letia that may very well handicap this movie beyond redemption. However if they can recast Shuri then why not T'Challa? Me thinks there are some behinds the scenes shenanigans going on. But seriously I think Michaela Coel is simply playing a new character.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 12:04:22 am by Ture »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I liked Letitia Wright in the first movie, but I've been doubtful that that character could transition to a legit Black Panther. Don't know much about Coel, but she does favor the comic book Shuri more when it comes to looks. In many ways Wright's Shuri is a lot more likeable than comics Shuri. She has personality, a nice sense of humor, and complimented T'Challa well, whereas comics Shuri had more of an edge, more insecurities, and was always kind of waiting in the wings, waiting for her turn. Wright's Shuri was unbothered in that sense. So even if they did make her Black Panther in the sequel it would be interesting from a character standpoint because she didn't want the job to begin with, so how does she cope with this new responsibility or burden. That's different than a chomping at the bit character ready to prove themselves, like comics Shuri or MCU's Wasp.

However if they do make Coel the new Shuri and let Wright go right now I don't know if I would support this. Evangeline Lilly also had made an 'anti-vax' statement or something months ago, for which she's apologized, and there's no speculations or rumors about her being replaced. And perhaps this is all just the media trying to stir up some mess. In any event, I don't think Wright should be penalized for having an alleged 'anti-vax' stance, if that's what results in her being let go from the MCU.

Changing Terrence Howard (who was in a relatively unimportant role in the first Iron Man film, or non-comic book fans anyway) with Don Cheadle (another, and arguably more popular actor) wasn't too big a deal, but if Marvel changes Shuris while making Coel the heir apparent and next Black Panther, that's going to be a very big, risky move. And if the movie isn't stellar (however much the media will try to sell it) then it augurs the fall of the MCU (and the decline might already be happening when you look at Black Widow's box office).

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - BP2 Video Hints At T'Challa"s Memorial
« Reply #3503 on: July 28, 2021, 12:04:10 am »
Black Panther 2 Video Hints At T'Challa Memorial & His MCU Story Ending
A set video for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever shows what seems to be a memorial to the beloved King T'Challa, played by the late Chadwick Boseman.
BY THOMAS BACON

A recently-released set video for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever hints at a memorial for King T'Challa, the character played by the late Chadwick Boseman. Celebrated actor Chadwick Boseman tragically passed away in August 2020. Although Boseman should be considered a hero in his own right, known for his inspirational example and charity work, to Marvel fans he will always be remembered most fondly for playing the part of Black Panther in the MCU. Marvel Studios is determined to honor his legacy, and they've confirmed they will not recast his role.

Principal photography on Black Panther 2 officially started in June 2021, but the first glimpse of the upcoming Marvel blockbuster was offered in a surprise set video apparently showing Wakanda's throne room. The first Black Panther earned a much-deserved Oscar for production design, and the same love and care is clearly being taken with the sequel. But this set video may be more important than anyone realized, because on close examination there are pillars inscribed with words in the Wakandan language.

It's actually possible to translate words from Wakandan, because in October 2020 Marvel published an official in-universe book called The Wakanda Files. This purports to be records collected and collated by Shuri, and it even foreshadowed WandaVision's Scarlet Witch retcons, so it should clearly be taken seriously. Most interestingly, it includes a Wakandan translation key. Using this, it's possible to translate the words on the pillar - and they seem to point to a new memorial to the late King T'Challa. Although some letters are obscured by cameras and lights, the inscriptions seem to read:

REST IN POWER
KING T'CHALLA
OUR HERO
(I)T WAS AN HONOR
(WAKA)NDA FOREVER

The inscription indicates King T'Challa has indeed passed away, with the Wakandans choosing to honor him by establishing a lasting memorial to their late king. It certainly makes sense for them to hold T'Challa above all other kings, because - for all his reign may have been tragically brief - he had an enduring impact on Wakanda. T'Challa abandoned the isolationist policies of previous rulers, revealing his nation's secrets to the world, and he established allies among the Avengers. Wakandans participated in the two greatest battles against Thanos' forces, with one even taking place on Wakandan soil. There has likely not been a more influential king to Wakanda since it was founded under Bashenga, the first Black Panther.

No doubt Black Panther 2 will be something of an emotional experience, both for those involved in the production and for audiences worldwide. The cast and crew have lost a friend, while viewers who loved Boseman's Black Panther will be deeply invested in seeing him honored. This subtle detail in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever's set design confirms that Marvel is taking this seriously, and they intend to produce a film that truly honors their much-missed colleague.

https://screenrant.com/black-panther-2-tchalla-memorial-columns-translation-hints/

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
MCU decision in regards to T'challa has put much more of a damper on my "entertainment life" than I thought it would.

I guess the way I see it... the comics sucked for 5+ years. The movies are going in a direction I do not support. There are no video games with T'challa really. No new cartoons.

So... why do I like this character again? Why am I wasting my time?

It has also given me such a negative outlook on everyone connected with this. I don't even want to watch Coogler movies anymore. I find the whole "support black entertainment" just pisses me off now. I plan on it, but I still haven't seen Black Widow (despite being vaccinated and already been in the theates to see Godzilla) and I've seen all MCU movies multiple times in the theaters. I've had thoughts about replacing my Wakandan flag in my Garage Gym with a flag of Rohan or Gondor or something similar.

It just really feeels like dealing with that f*ck Coates for 6 years and then this and...  Why bother anymore? I feel so disconnected from the "brothers" in charge of the character on the movie and comic side that I might as well just go be a Moon Knight fan or something.

Offline Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
So far as I can tell only 1 person has claimed to translate the columns, and that same twitter poster said that it wasn't the throne room in the same sentence. It most certainly is the throne room.

It may turn out to be an immemorial addition to the throne room, but for now let's be cautious before confirmation.

I know that on this sight we are true Black Panther fans, on the CBR I'm not so sure (I do recognize the OGs over their though). It seems the positive news is largely ignored or buried by the negative gossip. Just wanted to say I'm glad you guys keep this forum alive.

-Gessela
ግሥላ = Panther

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
MCU decision in regards to T'challa has put much more of a damper on my "entertainment life" than I thought it would.

I guess the way I see it... the comics sucked for 5+ years. The movies are going in a direction I do not support. There are no video games with T'challa really. No new cartoons.

So... why do I like this character again? Why am I wasting my time?

It has also given me such a negative outlook on everyone connected with this. I don't even want to watch Coogler movies anymore. I find the whole "support black entertainment" just pisses me off now. I plan on it, but I still haven't seen Black Widow (despite being vaccinated and already been in the theates to see Godzilla) and I've seen all MCU movies multiple times in the theaters. I've had thoughts about replacing my Wakandan flag in my Garage Gym with a flag of Rohan or Gondor or something similar.

It just really feeels like dealing with that f*ck Coates for 6 years and then this and...  Why bother anymore? I feel so disconnected from the "brothers" in charge of the character on the movie and comic side that I might as well just go be a Moon Knight fan or something.

To me, 'support black entertainment', if you want to abide by that, doesn't mean we have to support everything someone black, or is claimed to be created by someone black, puts out there. I'm not doing that, and I'm not going to do that. Because not having discernment means we could be supporting stuff that doesn't align with our values or we think is ultimately beneficial to the community.

Some of the "hottest" black creatives out there like Coates as soon as I learn of their involvement in something I automatically recoil at the the thought of supporting it these days.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I agree with your take EJ and I so feel you MoS! I feel like I recently entrusted to a group of restoration experts with a treasure that I discovered, kept up and have cared for over several decades only to have this group, after just a couple of years of dedicated work, claim to have a higher stake and decide to decommission the treasure when their group leader unexpectedly leaves the project. Forgive the labored, imperfect analogy, but I’m mad at all of them, Feige, Coogler, all who feel a moral right to deny me T’Challa’s cinematic presence just when it is not only possible but economically feasible to produce some of the stories I began to believe I may live long enough too see put to film. Where were they during the McGregor years, the Kirby reboot, the skirmish with Azania, or Preist’s rebirth of “The Client?” Now, not only do I have to suffer Chadwick’s loss, but I’m losing T’Challa too!?! With all due respect for the talented friends, colleagues and admirers of Chadwick…who the Fu@# are they to take T’Challa!?! I’m mad!!! I don’t want to support or watch the movie and I’m less enthused about the next phase of the MCU.

My Two Cents…

No Peace,

Mont

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Exactly. I feel this whole "for Chadwick, we are going to Honor his legacy" then turn around and literally kill the legacy he battled cancer in silence for 4 year's to bring the character to life, is such a massive insult and make me question of they actually paid attention to what Chad said and how much he cared about legacy. I (unfortunately) never got to meet him. But you can tell based on his actions and words, what they are doing? What these rumors are, and what seems to be the direction they are going? Is NOT what he wanted or intended for the character. It's so sad and angering that they seem to be doing the very thing he fought so hard to combat in Hollywood. I do t completely blame Coogler and co entirely, part of the blame also falls on Disney for not letting these people grieve Which, when emotionally raw and grieving, people easily make rash and poor decisions. This potentially is becoming one of those.

T'Challa is too big to die with Chad. Chad's legacy should not end with the T'Challa he brought to life dying 3 times on screen and being long for 2 years. That's such a major insult to the character T'Challa whose been around since the civil rights era, created to combat racial stereotypes, and to Chadwick who fought so hard and has more to his legacy as well other than playing T'Challa.

This also hurts young Black boys and men who saw themselves in T'Challa, a Larger than life character now being killed off, as if to say, "Not even your heroes can escape death, what chance do you have?"

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Great points Ezyo!

Peace,

Mont