Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - Wakanda Forever! #RECAST T'CHALLA!  (Read 821591 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - Wakanda Forever! Rumors and Innuendo...
« Reply #3585 on: November 11, 2021, 01:17:47 pm »
Black Panther 2 Letitia Wright Controversy Explained

http://screenrant.com/black-panther-2-letitia-wright-antivax-delays-explained/

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: November 11, 2021, 01:40:10 pm »
It’s like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: November 11, 2021, 03:41:09 pm »
Marvel fans want Shuri to be recast due to Letitia Wright’s anti-vax views

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/letitia-wright-vaccination-black-panther-delay/

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: November 12, 2021, 07:55:54 am »
More so, they need to actually bring T'Challa back. That's more important that trying to find someone else not name T'Challa to pick up the mantle. It's painfully clear that this movie is having a very hard time without the titular character and the way they are trying to dancing around it is affecting this film in a negative way

Offline BlackClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: November 12, 2021, 08:33:45 am »
I mean damn, if they still think it’s too soon to recast, what’s so difficult about setting this movie during the blip? At least you already have a reason for T’Challas absence.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: November 12, 2021, 03:21:04 pm »
Letitia Wright's vaccination status raises logistical issues for Black Panther 2

http://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/letitia-wrights-vaccination-status-raises-015700193.html

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: November 13, 2021, 10:17:01 am »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: November 13, 2021, 01:28:26 pm »
I hope that it isn't Duke, because I feel that takes away from him being the leader of the White Gorillas, it doesn't work in-universe IMO. If they were looking to promote a member of the existing cast, I don't see why it shouldn't be Daniel Kaluuya. He's fresh off an Academy Award win, yet I haven't seen him getting any high profile projects lately. He's already been introduced in the first BP film so there's no need for an origin story even.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3593 on: November 13, 2021, 07:24:36 pm »
Nate Moore on the possibility of recasting T’Challa...

“You will not see T'Challa in the MCU 616-Universe. We couldn’t do it…so much of T'Challa in the MCU is tied to Chadwick’s performance.”

https://twitter.com/charlesxholmes/s...17043720568838

courtesy of CBR's Dboi654
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: November 14, 2021, 01:58:11 am »
Letitia Wright’s Anti-Vax Sideshow on ‘Black Panther 2’ Is an Insult to Chadwick Boseman

http://www.yahoo.com/news/letitia-wright-anti-vax-sideshow-010339507.html

Letitia Wright, Aaron Rodgers, and Hollywood’s Unvaxxed Clowns Are Telling on Themselves

http://www.yahoo.com/news/letitia-wright-aaron-rodgers-hollywood-050359895.html

I'm just putting articles in that are related to Wright but that doesn't mean I endorse what's written in them. I only skimmed the first one, and to me, I think this whole 'controversy' is overblown and piling on, whipping up liberal pro-vaxx frenzy against the unvaccinated. Though I do wonder if the first one is Disney, through the mainstream liberal media, planting the seeds to get rid of Wright.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 05:05:49 am by Emperorjones »

Offline BlackClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: November 14, 2021, 02:01:25 am »
Nate Moore on the possibility of recasting T’Challa...

“You will not see T'Challa in the MCU 616-Universe. We couldn’t do it…so much of T'Challa in the MCU is tied to Chadwick’s performance.”

https://twitter.com/charlesxholmes/s...17043720568838

courtesy of CBR's Dboi654

MCU 616. Welp, guess they either bring in a variant of T’Challa or there’s no point in giving a damn about this franchise.

Offline BlackClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: November 14, 2021, 02:28:13 am »
Letitia Wright’s Anti-Vax Sideshow on ‘Black Panther 2’ Is an Insult to Chadwick Boseman

http://www.yahoo.com/news/letitia-wright-anti-vax-sideshow-010339507.html

Letitia Wright, Aaron Rodgers, and Hollywood’s Unvaxxed Clowns Are Telling on Themselves

http://www.yahoo.com/news/letitia-wright-aaron-rodgers-hollywood-050359895.html

I'm just putting articles in that are related to Wright but that doesn't mean I endorse what's written in them. I only skimmed the first one, and to me, I think this whole 'controversy' is overblown and piling on, whipping up liberal anti-vaxx frenzy. Though I do wonder if the first one is Disney, through the mainstream liberal media, planting the seeds to get rid of Wright.

Well as we all saw with Gina Carano, it doesn’t matter how popular your character is. These companies CAN and WILL cut you loose if you’re a PR headache to them.

Offline Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
« Reply #3597 on: November 14, 2021, 07:13:01 am »
For those that will still see the film and are fans of the other MCU characters, I hope this direction is successful. I also hope that everything gets ironed out with Letitia Wright, because her Shuri has many, many fans.
I will not be wishing for anyone’s downfall.

For me, ‘Black Panther 2’ may now simply join the long list of other comic based (or otherwise) films that were not intended for me, not targeting me, and I’m fine with that. I wasn’t sure the first one was going to be for me, but I was pleasantly surprised when it went above and beyond my expectations.
These companies try to reach as broad an audience as they can, and with that ever expanding net, some of us are going to slip through. Then sometimes you’ll get a narrowed approach like the Snyder-Verse, and still end up alienating people with my taste in storytelling.

Anyway, unless the trailer for ‘Wakanda Forever’ presents a variant T’Challa that singes my eyebrows off, I’ll be disconnecting from the entire Disney conglomerate.
ግሥላ = Panther

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: November 14, 2021, 09:00:11 am »
For those that will still see the film and are fans of the other MCU characters, I hope this direction is successful. I also hope that everything gets ironed out with Letitia Wright, because her Shuri has many, many fans.

For me, ‘Black Panther 2’ may now simply join the long list of other comic based (or otherwise) films that were not intended for me, not targeting me, and I’m fine with that. I wasn’t sure the first one was going to be for me, but I was pleasantly surprised when it went above and beyond my expectations.
These companies try to reach as broad an audience as they can, and with that ever expanding net, some of us are going to slip through. Then sometimes you’ll get a narrowed approach like the Snyder-Verse, and still end up alienating people with my taste in storytelling.

Anyway, unless the trailer for ‘Wakanda Forever’ presents a variant T’Challa that singes my eyebrows off, I’ll be disconnecting from the entire Disney conglomerate.

Nothing wrong at all with that. I think the MCU has already become more divisive among fandom and even alienating (ex. Eternals box office) and I can see that just growing in the future.

I am curious to see what Black Panther 2 will turn out to be, and I hope that Letitia Wright and her career don't suffer because of it. I'm not in the pro-vax pitchfork crowd that want to excommunicate anyone who doesn't adhere to their views. Ice Cube is long well established and can weather that, don't know if Wright can, but I hope she does.

I'm not that pumped for BP 2, though to be honest I had my doubts about the first one. It turned out much better than I anticipated, though I did have some quibbles about it. With the agendas the MCU is pushing now, even with a recast T'Challa I'm not sure how good a sequel can be. I still intend to look at it, but it's more from curiosity than genuine excitement.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: November 14, 2021, 11:11:33 am »

I guess for me I am more bitter about it due to how they are going about it which is why I don't care of it bombs and low key hope it does. Chadwick fight Cancer for 4 years to bring T'Challa to the big screen, he was going to turn it down if they had British accents and wanted it to be authentic and African. He put a lot of effort into making sure that this film would do it right. Everyone, fans, crew, other people he worked with, knew he was all about setting up the successor, he wanted to establish T'Challa as somebodys batman or spiderman, he wanted the character to thrive like those and have his story told multiple times over.

He wanted the character to outlive is all, he SAID that in an interview. Feige and everyone was all about how great and important T'Challa was and how critical to the MCU. Then Chad unfortunately passed and all of that stuff went out the window. No more was it "T'Challa is important to the MCU" it became "Wakanda was always the focus and the sequel won't change much without T'Challa so no biggie" for all the Honoring the claim they are trying to profit off his death and erase his presence completely.

They are too sad to recast but 100% fine with continuing on production with his death but have no problem stopping filming with Letitias fiasco, not the injury but the other stuff.

A character and film that was super important to Chad and they think removing everything he did is appropriate and the franchise can continue just fine because after all "Its just a mantle" just put any Black person in there and it's fine, the real draw is Wakanda... They are seeing massive issues already because their Anchor is gone and they don't want to continue what he started, rather milk the franchise and hope for more black dollars. If the Movie succeeds all it is telling them is that black folks are easily replaceable and we don't care as Long as it's Black and they can profit off Black death. They wouldn't do the same thing to Cap, or Tony, or spiderman, Batman etc. They know The actors playing the characters don't own them, so why is it different for T'Challa? Literally the biggest black IP ever and the biggest Black character of all time?